Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will We Ever get Fairies or Werewolves?

Comments

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Babykittyjade

Don't be sad the most of us never saw these surveys, the access was restricted to a small sample of players.

• kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    I love to see werewolves first but not like in sims 3. I won't that they do them better like vampires in Sims 4. With many CAS items, mask and all that werewolf stuff... I personally don't want to see fairies like big creatures with wings.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    We are 6 years into the Sims 4. So far, we've gotten a whole game pack for both vampires and witches (spellcasters). We also received mermaids and aliens, which were included as a smaller feature within their respective expansion packs. Going forward, with rumors of Sims 5 being in the works, are we ever going to get our left over supernaturals? I don't see a lot of people asking for them. And while I know that there are a lot of "realism players" who hate supernaturals, I know that me and many others love the fantasy elements.

Personally, I want fairies, really badly. Do you guys think that the sims team will give us the other supernaturals at some point? Are there any supernaturals that you're hoping to see in the Sims 4?

I feel they should do a pack with both Werewolves and Fairies but I know that's wishful thinking. Both having their own world..Werewolves in a huge cave that's hidden deep in a spooky forest behind vines, and fairies high up in a tree that can only be accessed by flight.
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Maybe we'll get a Werewolf GP and a Medieval-themed EP with Fairies?
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Did anyone notice the werewolf statue already in the game? It's by the lake in the vampire world.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Yes thats been there forever
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    There will be Werewolves. The reason they've not been done yet is actually pretty simple - you don't want about five supernatural GPs released in a row. Mermaids could really have used some more detail, but at the same time they're not such a popular lifestate as magic or Vampires. I also think maybe they will release lunar cycles with Werewolves?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    There will be Werewolves. The reason they've not been done yet is actually pretty simple - you don't want about five supernatural GPs released in a row. Mermaids could really have used some more detail, but at the same time they're not such a popular lifestate as magic or Vampires. I also think maybe they will release lunar cycles with Werewolves?

I think so too I mean that's almost essential for them to have a lunar cycle with werewolves the full moon being a factor and all
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Thing about lunar cycles is that if you have Seasons, they've got to work with the calender too. That may be tougher than we think. Keeping in mind Sims' compressed time - you can vary aging, and length of seasons, so presumably it's one day a week when you HAVE to be wolfy, like how Mermaids HAVE to be... er... mermaid-y... when they're in the water.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,380 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Thing about lunar cycles is that if you have Seasons, they've got to work with the calender too. That may be tougher than we think. Keeping in mind Sims' compressed time - you can vary aging, and length of seasons, so presumably it's one day a week when you HAVE to be wolfy, like how Mermaids HAVE to be... er... mermaid-y... when they're in the water.

Lunar cycles don't depend on seasons, they depend on the movement of the moon, so you could have a full moon every four days or whatever interval they set, regardless of season length or lifespan settings.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member
    Faries I can see as a gamepack.But werewolves probably would be in an expansion pack.

Faries I can see as a gamepack.But werewolves probably would be in an expansion pack.

Expansion packs usually only have things like a colts if they fit into the theme what theme would wear wolves fit into? I can think of a few things fairies would fit into like a fairytale pack a gardening pack a medieval pack a vacation pack with Ireland or Scotland
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,185 Member

Expansion packs usually only have things like a colts if they fit into the theme what theme would wear wolves fit into? I can think of a few things fairies would fit into like a fairytale pack a gardening pack a medieval pack a vacation pack with Ireland or Scotland

I think it could fit with farming .If especially the town is a small rural world.
  • CladriahCladriah Posts: 69 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think werewolves are guaranteed, fairies we have to fight for to ensure they are in.
    Cladriah wrote: »
    I think werewolves are guaranteed, fairies we have to fight for to ensure they are in.

I feel like fairies are more likely than werewolf because because largely in the other games werewolf didn't do much I'm not saying I wouldn't like it if they upgraded them to where they can do more but I just feel like they're not as likely to be chosen as fairies because young teenage girls really like fairies and well I guess werewolves could work in a farming pack I just don't see them being put in a farming back because a lot of the resources you're going to have to go to making the animalsand they wouldn't have much to make the werewolves with afterwards so they would have to go in a less extensive pack I think
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I would love werewolves and hopefully with a proper wolf form this time. Also really hoping for fairies. Can't decide which I want more, hopefully both!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I can go for both, but cute fairies have my attention the most. <3<3 I'd love to build a fairy world.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes!!!

Give me more supernaturals :)

Still waiting for werewolves and it would be fun to try pixies as well.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,124 Member
    "Hey, there Little Red Riding Hood, girl you are looking good, you're the cutest girl that a Big Bad Wolf would want."
    "I see a bad moon arising, I see trouble along the way, don't come around tonight, it's bound to be a fright, there's a bad moon on arise"

Had these songs in my head for awhile. Lol
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    I use the Sims sometimes as a visualisation tool and it would be good to have fairies and werewolves to help me with my fantasy stories. I agree, werewolves in Sims 3 felt like a step backwards from Sims 2, especially with the whole "no hybrids" limiter thing. And I totally agree with them being too orcish in design. I know this is ea, but it still would have been nice if they looked like proper lycanthropes. It was too much of a hassle for me to install the slider extension patch and with someone coming up with that, you've got to wonder why they didn't do it right in the first place. Also, for goodness sake, bring hybrids back! They add an interesting depth for us fantasy players. Even if it's only two supernaturals.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    @NiaraTiara
    Survey 3 on August 8th, 2015 :

- "Metropolis" -> EP03 City Living
    - "Generations" -> GP05 Parenthood and Toddler Patch
    - "Vacation" -> GP06 Jungle Adventure
    - "University" -> EP08 Discover University

"On The Road" (Cars), "Get Real" (Real TV), "Find Love", "Power Up" (Superheroes), "Rebuild" (Zombies), and "Back To School",
    "Get Famous" (SimTube)
    are not released yet.

Survey 5 on February 20, 2017 [1], [2], [3] :

- "Bestioles" -> SP14 My First Pet Stuff
    - "Summer Vacation" -> EP07 Island Living
    - "Witches" -> GP08 Realm of Magic

"Entrepreneur" (Home business), "Winter Vacation", "Fashion Forward", "Love Life", "Dream Jobs", "Fairies", "On Campus", and "Beauty Salon" are not released yet.

I really wish the surveys were done better, as I never got to vote on them. I never wanted a knitting SP. I wanted Happy Haunts. I won't even be buying the Eco pack, it's too greenie. Besides, I am not a fan of this push for expensive, unreliable energy sources at a time when we can't afford to waste money. And what's even more hassling is the fact that both my PC and Laptop are Windows 10 and don't run Sims 3 as well as it used to. I can't do proper customisation.
  • AedanStarfangAedanStarfang Posts: 272 Member
    We probably will at some point, but you know Maxis is going to split them all up and milk them for all they're worth because they want that $$$
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I don’t think we will get fairies since we technically already have it as a familiar. And if we were to get fairies I can’t imagine they would have much unique game play, I struggle to see how a fairies magical abilities would differ much from spell casters. I think they’re pretty much moving on from ‘magic’ themes at this point.

As for werewolves, if we do get them I wouldn’t want a whole game pack about them, just a smaller addition to an EP similar to mermaids, aliens and servos.
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I don’t think we will get fairies since we technically already have it as a familiar.

Those familiar fairies are just pretty little orbs that follow your spellcasters around. They're not really the same as the fairies I'm talking about. As for unique gameplay, there is a ton of things they can do with fairies.

First off, they will be sims that can fly and flutter around. They could pollenate flowers with their pixie dust. They could use spells that are different and new from what we have with spellcasters. They could maybe strink and turn into those little orbs we see in Realm of Magic, and then they could go into their own little fairy house, like in Sims 3. They could invoke lots of mischief, and give out curses and blessings. There's lots of fun things to do with fairies.

Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • GrumpynoodleGrumpynoodle Posts: 7 New Member
    I dont know if any werewolves are going to be added, but if they are I hope they're actually full fledged supernaturals like vampires and spell-casters, because being able to fully customize their powers and weaknesses just makes them seem more unpredictable, and opens a lot of unique possibilities, unlike aliens and mermaids, who all have a few powers that are identical to those of all others of their type.