Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Play Live 2020

Hi, everyone! I just got something to think about! On Monday (May 4th) Ea Play Live 2020 was announced for June 11th and The Sims tweeted - "See you there" . I immediately thought that the new EP would be announced there the same way as the last year but we all got surprised with the EP announcement this week. The dlc will release even before Ea Play - June 5th. So if we know what the next EP is and even the pack after it (TS4 Nifty Knitting), what do you think they will announce/show at Ea Play this year? Probably they will reveal the name of the next GP but only that ? What do u think ? Stay safe everyone :) !

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    This is the latest news we know and well name of the expansion pack now:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    -crossing fingers for a Sims 5 announcement or info at least.-

I know we are getting the knitting pack, and eco-living, hopefully we'll know the GP (which I am thinking a winter resort...and if thats a case...bummer)
  • TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    This is the latest news we know and well name of the expansion pack now:

Yeah, so it makes Ea Play interesting to watch because i dont know what to expect for TS4 there since we know all things coming to it until July/August (depends when Nifty Knitting will release).
  • HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    They probably will release the trailer to Nifty Knitting SP.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I'm expecting the upcoming GP to be announced and a trailer drop for the knitting SP
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Trailer drop for Nifty Knitting would mean a late June release, which I think is pushing it, timeline wise. I'm expecting Nifty Knitting in late July or early August.

I am expecting to find out more about the next Game Pack, though. And maybe - if we're really lucky and the Guru's haven't gotten fed up with us as a whole - we might get a hint for whatever's next.
  • ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Trailer drop for Nifty Knitting would mean a late June release, which I think is pushing it, timeline wise. I'm expecting Nifty Knitting in late July or early August.

I am expecting to find out more about the next Game Pack, though. And maybe - if we're really lucky and the Guru's haven't gotten fed up with us as a whole - we might get a hint for whatever's next.

considering the last few days and the hate comments to many of the gurus twitter accounts and Twitch I am not sure they would not be fed up for a while... but i do expect the next game pack to be revealed... I also think the stuff pack will come early or mid July... I have a feeling it will come not that long after Eco-Living... just a feeling...

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think they'll reveal the new game pack, which is a first ever, and gurus looked very excited with that one.
    I also think they'll give us some sort of mini roadmap for the remaining months of 2020.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Two things:
    - as others said, revealing what the upcoming GP will be
    - talking about the additions mentioned in the roadmap post. those could be relating to base game, changes to already released DLC, cross-pack functionality, free updates etc. With it happening during Pride month, we might get something for that too.

I'm really curious about the second one. It's mentioned in the blog but no one said anything else about it since.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I'm expecting the upcoming GP to be announced and a trailer drop for the knitting SP[/quo
    The Sims guru said late fall
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    also chance are they introduce the sims 5 as well
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    EA Play may not be on at all this year. They might pull something online instead.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    no EA play this year to many people
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    Hi, everyone! I just got something to think about! On Monday (May 4th) Ea Play Live 2020 was announced for June 11th and The Sims tweeted - "See you there" . I immediately thought that the new EP would be announced there the same way as the last year but we all got surprised with the EP announcement this week. The dlc will release even before Ea Play - June 5th. So if we know what the next EP is and even the pack after it (TS4 Nifty Knitting), what do you think they will announce/show at Ea Play this year? Probably they will reveal the name of the next GP but only that ? What do u think ? Stay safe everyone :) !
    I think they will hype up Nifty Knitting and Eco Living and the announce there new game pack that is hopefully a mountain resort and then the lights will go down a plumb bob will faid I. Go focus on a big screen a voice over we have one more surprise for you next year we are releasing the Sims 5 a small trailer plays the crowed go nuts (Behind computer screens) Coming for PS5 ,PC & Mac.

Thinking about it the Sims 5 may come out at the end of this year to coincide with the PS5 release think of the revenue if they had all 3 versions release at the same time . They would make a mint.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2020
    To everyone saying there will be no EA Play this year:

EA Play will take place, but, just like with all events: digital only.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    looks like the sims community is confirming that the sims5 will also be on ps5 https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/30/the-sims-5-will-also-release-on-ps5-according-to-playstation-magazine/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    Crossing fingers for a good GP theme and TS5 reveal or at least a mention <3.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    I am really looking forward to June 11. I am hoping the upcoming packs (other than Nifty Knitting and Eco Living) are revealed as to what they will be, and am hoping we finally get horses. I am hoping TS5 will not be the online-only, lootbox/microtransaction laden mess that has been rumored. I feel that while the Sims team may now be patching stuff the game should've had from the start into it; they will be keeping that a secret until close to when they launch.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    edited May 2020
    looks like the sims community is confirming that the sims5 will also be on ps5 https://simscommunity.info/2020/05/30/the-sims-5-will-also-release-on-ps5-according-to-playstation-magazine/

They're just stating what the PS Magazine article said. There's a disclaimer at the very beginning of the Sims Community article saying it doesn't contain any official EA confirmation.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    EA said they have plans for the 5-6 next years. The Sims 5 will probably be released in 2027.
    EA said they have plans for the 5-6 next years. The Sims 5 will probably be released in 2027.

Nooooooo oh lord nooooooooooo....
    I'll be 38...no way I would want to wait for TS5 two years before I'm 40.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    When did they say this?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »

My bet is on the announcement of GP 9 and they might even surprise us and reveal the Next Expansion Pack..

Not surprised as both the surveys have a lot of packs up for consideration.
    I m hoping they also announce cars are coming in a free update this year.