Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Odds of Maxis adding create-a-world like sims 3?

I'd reeeeeeallly like to be able to recreate Moonlight Bay from Sims 360, but I don't want to mess with unstable world clone mods. Maybe Maxis will drop a create-a-world near the end of Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I'd love to have this. I think the added terrain tools make it more viable. I would be totally guessing though if it will ever happen.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think it's very unlikely that we'll get a tool like the one in Sims 3. But I do think they could at least give us an empty world like Newcrest and let us choose the terrain paint, add some decor like trees and rocks, and choose the background and the name of the world.

Kinda like modders did turning Forgotten Hollow into a chinese world.

Or they could realease a set of pre-made worlds and let us decorate it, like it was in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't really think the Sims 4 engine allows for that. It was probably never built with that in mind, what with that whole disaster with the game starting as always online and stripped down of features then suddenly changing far too late into a "normal" Sims game in the dev cycle.

I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't have added that already, probably also why Island Living didn't have a single diving area as well, the engine being crappy. It just seems far too late in the game's life for something so huge to be suddenly added.

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Neighborhood editing tools was once a part of a survey with Town Life but I'm guessing it was to hard cost to much and because of that it was scrapped.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    they already said that a creative world to like we used to in Sims 3 and Sims 2 is not possible in Sims 4 because of the way the engine is built that doesn't mean however that we won't get some kind of editing tools I just won't be anything like those
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    If the studio decide to add this feature, the customization won't be as much advanced as the previous games.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I doubt it. The worlds are made to be static, it's not something they can really change in the engine without destroying everyone's saved games.

The most I'm hoping for is an environmental tool of some sort so we can at least change the world objects. I just want to get rid of those ugly playgrounds that clutter up my scenery!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member

Modders like TwistedMexi might though.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Never. They have already stated years ago that building TS4 worlds is more complicated than before, as if players couldn't handle it. I doubt they allow them to tinker with any of their developing tools.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Zero Chance.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    I wish but probably never. We can't even re-name the worlds we have now! :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    As far as editing tools, I remember one of them answered in one of the question threads a long time ago, that even moving a trash can in the open space could ruin a player's save (why they couldn't patch such stuff) when it was pointed out one was in a wrong location in WC. They were ask why we can't edit the worlds. IRC that was part of the answer because harm to saves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    As far as editing tools, I remember one of them answered in one of the question threads a long time ago, that even moving a trash can in the open space could ruin a player's save (why they couldn't patch such stuff) when it was pointed out one was in a wrong location in WC. They were ask why we can't edit the worlds. IRC that was part of the answer because harm to saves.

I wonder if something like that was what happened with the pre-EL patch that broke hundreds of our saves? Something with the world editing because of environmental changes coming with the pack. *hmmm*

It would be nice to have another blank world like Newcrest at least again though. Except this time I'd like it without set dressing dictating what sorts of builds make sense in the area.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    I dont know if a tool for creating a world from scratch would be ever possible, but i can see them providing tools to allow us to customize the current ones as much as possible
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    After six, nearly seven, years it is as likely TS4 will have CAW as a colourwheel. There was some attempt to pacify those who want this feature in TS4 when EA released a limited number of terrain tools. However these are restricted in use to individual lots and come no where near to the customisation you could achieve in TS2 and 3.

It is a great pity. CAW and the terrain tools in TS3 are not perfect but at least as a player you have the option to use them. Perhaps for TS5 EA might have a change of heart :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita