Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Luckyheather's Shell Challenges

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your home is lovely! @marryacheesecake :) Very nice exterior texture,colors,,and the hedging edges pathway is very nice. Very nice furnishing of the interior.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,716 Member
    edited May 2020
    I am now looking at your home 'Medium Sized Family Home' @icanhassims and right away I can see its a nice family home thanks to the swings in the front garden and I gather a family car. I do like the pale blue wall cover for the home with the dark roof along with white windows and doors, very nice contrasts. Now inside and I like the handy shoe rack, coat stand and a study desk for catching up on the internet or ordering online before going to work. The seating area and wall television over the fireplace is a great place for the family and has views out to the pool and book selection on a handy hall table in case anyone wants to read. At the back a great place for a family game with views out as well close to the back door into the garden. I really love the dining area at the front with a long table so seating for all by the arch into the very nice kitchen.
    Upstairs there are two very different bathrooms, one is in cool tones with a corner bath and pretty climbing plants and the other bright and colourful no doubt the kids will love with the frogs on the wall and fun toilet, I like how you used tall units either side of the bath with shower. There are two single children's bedrooms and they both have bookshelves, toys and items to learn from, they will love having such nice rooms of their own. The parents bedroom has pretty pale lavender walls with nice blue bed covers and attractive art on all walls very pretty room.
    Outside on the patio a good BBQ and sprinkler system for the family home and the families safety. Down steps there is an umbrella table to dine outside and seating around a fire pit, nice to gather around on cooler times. A great water slide everyone will enjoy so much also a good sized pool with a diving platform and a floating lounger at the front of the house. A lovely family home, thank you for using my shell and sharing it here for us to see.

Now for some Feedback with Hints and useful Tips I hope that are useful. Inside on the ground floor I like all the furniture and decorations, I might have added curtains or blinds by the dining table and a blind like the one next to the front door in the kitchen just over the really long windows. The wall cover you used in the living/dining is outer wall cover with stone corners, its an unusual choice and works on some of the walls like the fireplace, personally I would match the plain colour around the rest of the room, but thats only my preference. Upstairs in the main bedroom I would add curtains as the bed is in front of the windows and put something on the dresser like some bottles or ornaments. The kids rooms are great but I would have added some of the tiny toys onto bookshelves, side table, dresser and maybe on the floor one or two. I often use those cloud shelves for a few collectables and toys. Lastly the parents bathroom I like the corner sink but then there is no sink mirror for brushing teeth etc.
    Outside there are fun things to use but I would have added some potted plants by the back door and some pretty bushes dotted about the garden and maybe some terrain painted areas or even flooring under the seating areas. I just did a quick idea that I will add the screenshot below. Oh and I usually like to change the tiling in the pool and add pool lights and lights in the garden as well. Well I hope this is of some use @icanhassims thanks again for joining in my challenges, I appreciate your hard work.

Screenshots
    luroueM.png
    xDzrkSI.png
    Post edited by luckyheather on
    edited May 2020
    Hi @marryacheesecake thanks for adding your home here :) much appreciated, do you want any Feedback/Tips and ideas by me? its fine if you dont they are just my ideas. Oh and you can add more screenshots, just look at my rules on the 1st page to see how many. Thanks again for participating, feel free to use any shell any time!

@marryacheesecake I will get to your home real soon I am just catching up on my other challenges, sorry to keep you waiting I have been so occupied trying to get my Twitch Channel as luckyheathersim to work properly.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @luckyheather thank you for another wonderful review and great tips and feedback! I agree with you on all those points and OMG I love what you did with the backyard. Thank you again!!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio

:) Thank you @icanhassims I am so pleased and relieved that I did not upset you by what I said...phew. I am so happy you like the backyard I did it quick for an idea :o;):)
  • marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    Hi @marryacheesecake thanks for adding your home here :) much appreciated, do you want any Feedback/Tips and ideas by me? its fine if you dont they are just my ideas. Oh and you can add more screenshots, just look at my rules on the 1st page to see how many. Thanks again for participating, feel free to use any shell any time!

Hey thanks for your notice. I hope you are fine. I add some more screenshots to my post. Please feel free to give me some advice or any otherwise of feedback. ♥ Didn't seeing this point. At the moment I'm little bit out of order with a tiny dose of confusion. But it can only get better ;)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Oh goodness no, @luckyheather! I always appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Sometimes there's simply a difference in design ideas but there's always so much more that I learn from your suggestions. So I really do appreciate your reviews and feedback!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio

I managed a Stream this morning where you can hear me ;) at last, I hope to get a better quality microphone later bu at least I can say now My Twitch Stream is here https://www.twitch.tv/luckyheathersim/
    If you want to follow just press the heart :) I hope to keep improving.
    edited May 2020

@marryacheesecake my builder sim and I are exploring your modern home 'Luckyheather Chal13' and I must say it looks a lovely modern family home with an unusual front and side path with fencing, I like that idea very much and nice planted bed with rocks by the steps looks so nice. Going up the steps and indoors we find a very modern divided area where we can leave our shoes and coats or check how we look in the tall mirror before going out and the large artwork on the floor looks so good there. Behind the white divider are the modern white couches facing each other and from them the family will watch the TV that is on a ledge with gorgeous art besides it, I love how you use the shelf and paintings. The hanging central lights over the table looks just perfect and the retro styled radiogram really looks so good surrounded by wall units and the candle light behind, I think one of my favorite areas of this home. On the left is the kitchen area with a stove set into the units that has five breakfast bar stools around one side. The kitchen is not large but so well set out and all you need to prepare great family meals. Under the stairs is a chair and bookcase next to a large arch into a study room where you find a long table with a computer on it and more attractive art and also in this room is a keyboard and a camera set upon a tripod at the ready to use. This is the other favorite room of mine I do love how its all set out and the peach curtains are just a gorgeous colour in there! and how you use shelves under them is so clever and looks so good, I have learned something to try myself thank you. Past the stairs there are two doors and one is to a half bathroom and the other to a laundry room with both the machines you need for keeping the family with clean clothes.
    Now upstairs the landing has five doors so first into the bathroom that a shower, bath, toilet and two sinks with lovely tiled flooring and is has some of the plum colour wall covering like parts of the outside of this home. Next into the parents bedroom that has a white bed with attractive art above and mirrors one side, windows with peach curtains and a clothing rack of designer clothing also a built in wardrobe with glass to see your clothes. There is a nice modern fireplace with a TV screen above so you can watch from you be or the cane chair in the corner. The next bedroom I would imagine is for a female teenager and the room is well furnished with lots of nice decorative pieces and pretty lights that all match well with the pale yellow, white and cream tones in the room. I like the streamers across the narrow windows and the sweet desk area with a cute shelf above it. The other bedroom could be for another Teen possibly a boy who is into his music as it has different guitars to play and he/she seems to be into photography and sport with sports items around the room walls and floor. The room is mainly black with white and a is a very attractive room with desk, computer and bookcase. On the landing there is an artists easel next to the last door that leads into a small home gym that has a punchbag and weights plus a Yoga mat and radio in a clean smart room for someone to get fit and trim in.
    Outside the back doors is a brolly table and chairs and by the fences are two bins and a BBQ grill for outdoor dining. There is also a small patio area with two loungers and a sun shade and nearby a washing line on the grass in case you want to dry washing outside.

Now for some Feedback with Hints and useful Tips I hope that are useful. I must say your indoor furniture placements and decorations are so amazing! The choices of wall art in the different room areas are perfect and I love how you use shelves, I hope I remember and use some of your ideas! Well here I go and I hope what I say is useful, as I used my sim builder to check a few things for me, she could not use the back doors as the brolly table was in the way, when placing a door there is an indication on the floor of the space it needs to open. As you used debug fencing she had to go out the front door and walk through the fence to get into the rear garden. I usually add a gate or arch out of most gardens as I find useful for guests to leave or if a sim wants to dash out to greet a passing sim. I feel the back garden needed some forms of fun out there like the basketball hoop for example or add a pool where the rear left tree is and the flowers could move along. The washing line was not really needed so that space could be more useful I think. I did notice there is only one full bathroom for all the amount of sims that may live in there, so I would have not had the laundry room and used the room for another full bathroom, as sims need more bathrooms than we do Lol. Oh and the bathroom upstairs had no lights in by the way and I thought the wall coverings and flooring were not in keeping with each other and those sinks, sorry I did not like the sinks in that modern home but your choice what you use. The bedrooms and other rooms are gorgeous! The only room that could have had some sport or spa wall art was the gym. Some places around the home could have had the odd wall light, for example just in the front doors its a bit darker there. Its a stunning home I love it so thank you for sharing it here and I do hope my feedback is of use.
    I think I will see what a pool would look like and take screenshots below I hope you wont mind.
    Screenshots
    Door needs Floor area
    TIlZgdz.png
    By Door idea
    DXucv6f.png
    Tables
    2eB836R.png
    Outdoors Fun and Skills
    NHGAdD3.png
    Pool
    bpE1vcW.png

• marryacheesecakemarryacheesecake Posts: 39 Member
    @luckyheather Thank you for your detailed feedback. I love how you take a your builder sim through the shell and take up the individual rooms and details. From the debug fence you can see that I mainly build xD thanks for the hint :) I’m looking forward to redesigning one of the other shells.
    edited May 2020
    I am glad @marryacheesecake that my feedback is of use, I too am a builder and only play now and then thats why my builder sim is nearly full skills and no cheating Lol. I change her name and clothes now and then to share her so if you need a useful sim do have a look for her in my gallery. Thanks for using my shell, I hope you liked the back yard I had fun with it :) Oh and if you do any more of the shells feel free to give it a new name, just as long it has the challenge #tag thanks.
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    I just finished the shell challenge 14. I had so much fun doing it! I just got the Seasons expansion pack so I had fun exploring all the items that were in there.
    This house is for a lesbian couple who fosters children. I modified the shell a bit to make it fit onto a 30x20 lot while facing the street, and also to make the bedrooms slightly bigger. The house is designed for the family to spend a lot of time together, which is why I made a huge living room with plenty of seats, work spaces and activity tables. There's also a big backyard with swings and a pool.

I'm new to the forum so I can't post pictures just yet.
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/637CBCFD973811EA8B6C04B61E2070F9?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=LHshellchallenge14&max=50&maxis=false
    edited May 2020
    I just finished the shell challenge 14. I had so much fun doing it! I just got the Seasons expansion pack so I had fun exploring all the items that were in there.
    This house is for a lesbian couple who fosters children. I modified the shell a bit to make it fit onto a 30x20 lot while facing the street, and also to make the bedrooms slightly bigger. The house is designed for the family to spend a lot of time together, which is why I made a huge living room with plenty of seats, work spaces and activity tables. There's also a big backyard with swings and a pool.

I'm new to the forum so I can't post pictures just yet.
    Gallery link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/637CBCFD973811EA8B6C04B61E2070F9?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=LHshellchallenge14&max=50&maxis=false

LH Shell Challenge is a lovely family home! @wanderinglizzy :) Very nice planterbox windows and pretty flowers along porch edges! The water fountain is a nice touch. The pool patio is great! Lovely interior furnishings and layout! Very nice warm colours. The design of the bedrooms are very nice. The rugs look very nice in the bedrooms.
    Sims will enjoy living there :)
    edited May 2020
    Thank you @wanderinglizzy for entering with shell 14 and if you cant add Screenshots I will add a few for you when I review and do you want feedback, ideas and Tips?
    Hi @luckyheather yeah that would be awesome! Thanks :) I literally made my first post on this forum to post about this challenge haha. Yeah I would definitely welcome feedback, ideas and tips :)

Hi @wanderinglizzy I am so pleased you are now joining us on the forums :) when you comment in posts etc you will soon be able to post screenshots and I suggest you use imgur to store them online for you. I will enjoy doing your feedback with any ideas and tips :) I will do your home real soon.
    edited May 2020
    My sim and I are at your home called 'LH Shell Challenge 14' @wanderinglizzy and I thought Wow as soon as I saw it placed in Willow Creek and I took some screenshots for you before I started my review.

Screenshots
    MjvjbNl.png
    SxJYwyR.png
    eDneiFl.png
    Overviews of interior lavels
    HTOhzVM.png
    wmYrXcc.png

My review begins with how great this home looks and the front garden that has a nicely designed garden with different tree's, bushes and lovely flowers around the entrance, so up the path we go and up steps where we can see more attractive plants both sides of the porch and sofas to sit and enjoy the view plus an easel on the left so any family member can either paint the view or even who is sitting on the sofa such a lovely idea. Now to step inside and into a large hallway that has the stairs up to the next level and also the back doors to the garden. This hall is large enough for a central Piano on a round rug and either side of the front doors have sofas to sit on and listen to the piano being played. Plus there is a shoe and coat rack, also umbrella stand for the family to use when entering. There is a stand also by the back door to hang your outerwear and any footwear on before entering the main areas. Now I see the right arch leads into a large kitchen that can seat fourteen people dining at the breakfast bar on stools or at a long table and these are needed, as this family home is for up to eight family members. I like that there is the family notice board for setting curfews for the children. The yellow curtains and the valences are very pretty and add the nice colour to the kitchen. Beside the two armchairs is a small room for the family to fold clean linens and for extra storage of items. This room could be for washing machine and dryer if you have them in your game.
    Now across the hall and through the opposite arch into a family living room where you can tell immediately that this family really enjoys being together in this room for entertainment and skill learning together. We see a nice set of different seating around the television in some bright yellow sofas and square floor seats, perfect for the kids to sit on and possibly join in using the gaming console as there are controllers ready on the coffee table. On the left is a tall bookcase and beside that a chess set, then the back of the room plenty of desks, two with computers and two for the children to do homework on and between are two activity table and for the little ones a blocks play table, so a great room for all the family as there are objects for all ages. To keep everyone warm on the right is a fireplace with seasonal cards on the wall above and a stack of boxes beside to keep festive decorations in when not in use. The room itself is bright and cosy with attractive curtains and plenty of windows for great views outside, plus hard wearing wooden flooring and nice rugs to give a great feeling of family warmth and fun times. There is a door in here into a very nice full bathroom with a shower for the family to use to save them going upstairs plus useful to use before heading out.
    Back into the hall and going up the nicely shaped stairs up onto the unusual shaped landing where you can actually look down onto the piano below and see the front doors, perfect to see your friends arrive or family members coming home. I love the landing and the way a colourful bay window seat is used up here and a central dresser also some books on side tables, you can sit and read up here a nice touch. There are 6 doors to the different rooms from the landing and I will start on the right side door at the front of the home, this door leads into the parents double bedroom with a double bed that has a sunflower design on the covers, side tables with pretty lamps and at the foot of the bed a nice set of dresser drawers. The bedroom also has bookshelves and a private desk with a notice board above full of postcards from online friends possibly. Next to the desk the door to their bathroom with a bath with shower above and attractive tiled floor and walls, counters with the sink and a toilet next to a basket of toiletries. The next door is into a toddlers bedroom for two that has an animal/dinosaur theme with great wall cover, with decorative wall prints and stencils. The room has a bookshelf, toy box and a teddy to talk to and cuddle, a lovely room for them to share and their bathroom is in the next door on the landing and that has a cute Whale theme with its shower over bath unit and matching rug. I was pleased to see the potty in there plus towels and a nice set of counters with the sink and rack with extra bathroom items. The opposite door from this one is another children's bathroom with a similar set up and the shower of the bath has pretty elephants on and a pink floral rug in front of it.
    The next bedroom is for two children sharing and its a very pretty room and the beds are two different colour choices so this room could be for a boy and girl, I love all the colours used in here with the bubbles rug, starry curtains and clouds along the wall paper. This room also has a bookshelf, dresser and even a modern Dolls house so fun and skills can be fun in this lovely room. The strings of lights above the Doll house side looks so good there and the posters around the room and other pictures fit this room perfectly. Next door I think is a teenagers bedroom again sleeping two, this room is a pale lilac that goes well with the modern central rug and the beds are two colour choices again, one has some aqua so the side table and desk beside match that bed with added decorative and useful items also the wardrobe matches well too. The same is for the other bed that has urban camo covers in more monotones with blue in so it matches the blue side table and wardrobe opposite. There is also a desk and bookshelves near this bed so its a great room for two sharing and by the wall decorations I gather one of them is sporty and the other possibly artistic.
    Now back downstairs to go out the rear doors into the garden and I see a large family orientated garden as it has fun colourful benches for sitting on opposite the set of swings that the children will enjoy so much and I like how there is a gap in the hedges for an entrance or exit so visitors can leave that way if they need to plus the family can use it at any time rather than going through the house. I see there are some planting trays and pots in case anyone is into gardening or wants to learn and some loungers with a brolly for relaxing by the large pool, with paving around and some bright white and yellow flowers next to a kiddie paddling pool. So this family can enjoy being together outside as well as inside the home. Its a lovely family sized home, so thank you for using my shell and creating such a nice home for a family to grow up in. Than you for sharing it here with us and I hope you will be able to add screenshots yourself real soon.

Feedback with ideas and Tips I hope are useful and I must say you did a great home out of my shell, there are some things I would add or change so I hope my ideas and tips are of use, you can chose to ignore any of them its up to you. First into the kitchen and I noticed the wall by the table and chairs was the same as the hall and not like the rest of the room so do check around all rooms before uploading, we all miss the odd wall now and then even some with no wall cover! even me Lol but I do try not to. This kitchen is for a large family and I felt more counters were needed so I added some to the right side as you go in and used the 'Simple Curtains Medium' made smaller by using left [ on the keyboard once to get them shorter. As there are 2 toddlers in the house I feel the kitchen needed chairs for them and the yellow in them adds to the lovely yellow you used in the room. The extra room in the kitchen I think I would made into a bathroom or more of a storeroom if say your garden had harvest growing and Bee hives to store honey for the family on shelves in there. Around the young children's rooms I would have added, some small toys on the bookshelves, dressers, side tables and possibly wall shelving and on floors as kids usually have a lot of toys and possibly collectors items like the snow globes etc. By the way there is a base game wall art called 'Floral Revelation' that is sunflowers so it would be perfect for the parents bedroom wall next to the standing mirror.
    I have added some objects and more plants into the garden and pool area has a Hot Tub and the pool I added a quick water feature I hope you like. In the front of the house I decided to add painting tables and a family games table on the porch and in the front garden the easel and climbing frame for the children as there was a space there. Both front and rear gardens need outdoor lights and I find the nicest way to do this is to put pretty ones on the ground and in the flowers possible making them smaller by one click of the [ brackets key on the keyboard so they are less obvious in the plants. I have used the packs you have and base game so you can see you can use these too in future builds if you like.

Feedback ideas Screenshots
    Kitchen more counters
    dfui5tL.png
    Wall and Pictures/lights and a radio added
    sf6Ymzs.png
    Toddler High chairs
    s0Tuddn.png
    Garden areas
    More Kids toys and Bees for Honey
    SCkNOWF.png
    Added Hot Tub
    LWMt82L.png
    Pool Decoration and lights
    I87U7FY.png
    New Garden View
    5teSUpM.png
    A game/card table on the porch
    MSrlA5s.png
    Two Painting tables and Monkey bars in front garden
    T062emv.png
    @luckyheather Wow thanks for the feedback! This is amazing :)
    I'm so glad you picked up that the room next to the kitchen is meant to be for laundry, I don't have that pack but in a real house that's where the washing machine and dryer would go.
    I always forget to add highchairs for toddlers cause I rarely use them in my gameplay, but you're right it would have made sense for them to be there.
    I love the tip of putting floor lights in the garden and covering them with flowers! I will definitely do that in future builds.

@wanderinglizzy I am so pleased that you liked my feedback and that you find my ideas useful for future build as I enjoyed looking around your version of my shell, thank you for using it :) I think in future I must make my review part shorter as it all takes me so long as I am not good at typing and only use 1 finger! I am also starting to stream on Twitch as luckyheathersim plus I am packing to move house. I am glad you enjoyed it though, thanks again for sharing your build here. :) Stay safe and well.

Hi as the Eco Lifestyle pack is out soon I will try to do some shells for you to have fun with. I think there are a few already here that could suit the different areas of that world for example Shell Challenge 3
    Forum Link https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17420265/#Comment_17420265
    So do have a look at the Shell links already here as you can change them how you want and there is no due date so ...Happy Simming and Stay Safe and Well my friends. :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    Shell Challenge Number: 2
    Gallery name and link: 602 Sebring Way
    Origin id: gmcrozier
    Artwork by @SimSationalToo
    Feedback always welcome.
    Pictures of the lot:
    792z3is.png
    M3ZpwLs.png

More images
    602 Sebring Way is a lovely modern home makeover of the shell! @gmcrozier :) Very nice front entry water fountain feature! The outdoors living, dining, pool, bar, hot tub back patio areas is lovely! Very nice sunken area! Lovely modern interior furnishings! The kitchen is a very nice light filled room for cooking in the sunlight through the windows, and very nice outdoors views through the large windows. The fireplace, place design is great! Very nice blue wall and floor tiling in the bathroom. Lovely sunny glass roof music, art,and gym room!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @rosemow thank you for your kind words.