Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you prefer to play vanilla (no cc/mods) or mods/cc?

I think i played vanilla until I discovered these forums and learned about having mods/cc. Now I can't imagine my gameplay without them. Im ashamed of the size my mods folder lol.
2llotup.jpg
The Best of Hunni's Builds
Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)

Do you prefer to play vanilla (no cc/mods) or mods/cc? 186 votes

Vanilla
30%
Bluegaylevancanuckfan86GoldmoldarIdontrcallMRoss18451IcewolfaprilroseJueJueCamkatmcruddelanorbretonSnuffyBucketjimbbqbarracuda1574AquariusMomKasanthKhrisstyneJACKIEJOYCary1213DragonAge_300905 57 votes
With Mods/Cc
60%
Akl500Psimjenn2004bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlKita5399Goth583bandit5alan650111Colorist40SimpatsyannMontrase102TheSpotted_CIsb917sennawalesasimbsimMeteoraStormZorgaLadyEveAnmirlaMariefoxprice83 112 votes
Other:
9%
honeypooh1267Kementarisimgirl1010robyngravesBagoas77LaniNeptuneakaniki0LizzychicagoRipleyrawrHermitgirlStutumMDianaSimscomicsforlifeAtreya33NorthDakotaGamerSimAlexandriaBlackSpiderBat 17 votes

Comments

• Options
    ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    At the very least I just need MCCC for a few tweaks here and there. I can live without it, but it's just really nice to have.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I can easily play without CC but I would struggle without MCCC. It’s such an amazing mod as I like having story progression in my game along with the other tweaks it offers to gameplay.

I like having CC to add some extra variety but sims 4 really has a decent catalogue in CAS and BB. I could live without it.
  • Options
    ZorgaZorga Posts: 614 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I feel as if the game is barely playable without MCCC. And I have so much CC which pads out the game beautifully! i keep my CC Maxis-Match only, so its seamless.
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I agree about MCCC! It's truly amazing.

I love the Ui Extension Mod as well
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    eriindelleeriindelle Posts: 5 New Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I found that I enjoy my gameplay a lot more when I have mods on. I feel like everything's just a little bland when I'm just playing normally. MCCC is such a great mod, and I have to check out the Ui extension too! However, (I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion) when it comes to mods, I prefer Maxis Match over Alpha CC any day. While I do have some Alpha CC in my folder, I find that the Maxis Match is (obviously) more compatible with my game and doesn't glitch out or show an error for me.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    With mods & CC. I need to have MCCC if nothing else. I used to hoard all kinds of CC. Now I'm pickier.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I couldn't play this game without mods. It has some horrible design choices.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    Vanilla
    I don't want anything that doesn't "belong" into the official game. There is enough CAS items with all the packs installed and also enough gameplay for me. I don't need anything more. Actually, male Sims need some more clothing options, but I can deal with the ones we have.

I play on gaming laptop, but I have a lot of lag and I wouldn't want to make it worse with CC or mods anyway.
    Also I paid for this laptop more than I can afford, so I don't want to take any risks by downloding something that could damage it (virus).
    And also I don't want to deal with removing and putting back mods every time there is an update or if there is a new bug, guessing if it's because of the mods or what, worst case having to test all the mods one by one which one is causing problems. I'd rather spend all that time for playing the actual game.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Vanilla
    Mostly vanilla (also my favorite ice cream) I have tried Mccc but uninstalled it. Prefer it without for now and am enjoying my game. I lack fashion sense myself so have not found any need to download anything extra for my sims..
    I do have Sims3 fairly modded up though so its not like I am afraid of them. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I don’t use MCCC, but I have a couple of mods and about a million pieces of cc.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Other:
    Just mods. I refused it for a long time, but given how few options we have in the official game settings, MCCC has become essential for me. I do have a couple of other tuning mods/bug fixes, but that's about it. On a rare occasion I use pose player as well.
    I don't use cc because it's so addictive. I'm not stepping on that slippery slope ;) And given how much I hate searching for the right poses, I can't imagine I'd find cc hunting much fun either.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I love mods and CC and I don't think I'd play the game without it.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I use both. This game is empty as heck especially without mods.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I don't have any CC and barely any mods (I have MCCC because I really miss story progression from TS3 and sometimes I download mods that fix bugs like the acting career bug. I also have the relprint mod for bachelor challenges). I would have a hard time enjoying the game without story progression so I prefer playing with MCCC.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other:
    I can do either. The family computer does not have mods or cc installed for the game. My kids usually play on that, but I do as well. My laptop has mods and cc.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    My Mods folder is 30GB. Cough.

Going to be playing noCC after the patch / for the start of my Eco Lifestyle run, it's going to be, uh, an experience.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I love my mods and CC!

Taking the game and tweaking it with mods and CC is a great way to make it feel really special to me.

No one else can know just how I want to have things so I assemble bits and pieces from my favorite makers.

I started to enjoy the game even more after I started with CC and mods. Finding the right creators, following them on tumblr and cheering them on. It has become a way to express myself, how I chose to tailor the game.

So release-days are a much more fluid concept now. It has become the day when I start looking for updates to my most beloved mods and CC.

I never enjoyed shopping in RL but I love to go scouting for good CC.
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Vanilla
    I used to have a lot of CC but it got frustrating when it broke because of updates to the game. Especially if the creator wasn't as careful as some of the more well-known creators. I had a lot of mods too. I found I was spending more time DLing things than actually playing so... goodbye. Sometimes I think about DLing the eyelashes, nail polish, and jewelry only because there is a huge deficit in the game. But then I remember how time-consuming it is going through all the CC to figure out what's broken.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    If anything, I cannot play without MCCC. Do not like my sims doing random stuff when I'm not using their household (unless it's changed, cause I've used MCCC ever since 2016 after the first time I tried rotational play lol)
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I like being able to personalise the game to meet my needs. Culture plays a significant role in my life and I want that reflected in Sims. It's a life simulator after all. Also mods make sims world richer and fill gaps where needed. Like my need for vehicles and realistic gameplay.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited May 2020
    Vanilla
    I play vanilla as I do not wish to use mods and one of the reasons I do not use them because most of them need updating when EA/Maxis updates the program and the mods are only good if the mod updates the mods as well. However, if they did not need updating I would use them not to cheat but enhance the game and get an little of what is missing from Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    CC and mods are a cornerstone of the Sims experience for me. The devs put out some nice stuff, but there's an overall aesthetic they go for which kind of skips over a lot of things that suit my own personal taste (like their long-standing avoidance of hair styles with decent bangs), so I need CC to make my sims in a way that's closer to my own style of character design. Also, I use MCCC and Meaningful Stories to smooth out a lot of the game's built-in jank, so Live Mode can be properly playable.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Other:
    Mods yes, cc no

I use some mods to fix issues that really bother me. But with several packs installed, I have little need for cc clothing and furniture.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Vanilla
    Everytime a patch arrives there's usually a thousand threads entitled "New Patch Breaks Game".

And I just couldn't be bothered sorting it out.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    With Mods/Cc
    I love my mods folder but I will go through everything periodically and weed out the ones I've ended up not using. I dread the patch but cannot play without my mods and cc. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.