Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Is Your Opinion on Eliza Pancakes?

Comments

• Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I like Eliza
    I am in the minority I believe, but I actually like Eliza. I like the Pancake household in general and make sure she and Bob have kids to carry on their name. She is also almost always the best friend of my starting female Sim in any save game. I don't know why really, but I do like her.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I don't have any feelings either way
    Eliza is an enigma in each and every save of mine. Her and Bob will have that cute little baby of theirs and then MCCC marries her off to some other sim, usually an islander. If she lives in my neighborhood, her and Bob come over with island food and she gets mad at poor Bob when someone flirts with him. Like, really Eliza?! Its quite comical to watch though.
  • FreshMeatFreshMeat Posts: 28 Member
    I don't know why she gets so much hate... She died along time a go in my save but I wold always see her at Blue Velvet, even as a ghost.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I like Eliza
    ^ I like Eliza Pancakes... love her in fact! I just enjoy having my Sims have an affair with her and stirring up some drama! >:) Plus I figure that I'm kinda saving poor Bob from her, so it's sort of a win-win scenario! :lol:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I dont think I ever played that household. Maybe I'll give her a shot and have her openly cheat on Bob.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I like Eliza
    Aww, everybody giving my girl a hard time. :D

Tbh, until recently I never gave her or Bob a second look. But that was before they were the welcome wagon to my sim and both have been good friends to her. Eliza will come over and tend to Claire's large garden when Claire goes to class, washes dishes and does laundry...Claire and I both think she's great! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    I dont think I ever played that household. Maybe I'll give her a shot and have her openly cheat on Bob.

How chaotic
    I love it >:)
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • alejandro15039alejandro15039 Posts: 939 Member
    I actually don't have any feelings towards any npc's, except for the Goth's, I seem them as celebrities :D
  • gothiclolitaplgothiclolitapl Posts: 94 Member
    i dont know if maybe im out of loop but like why do people seem to dislike Eliza so much? i didn't ever realise this was a thing until I started seeing some memes about it
    Origin ID: blackrosespl
    My tumblr: https://blackrose-p-sims.tumblr.com/
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Never understood the community disdain for Eliza. Maybe I’ve missed something in her profile? I don’t know her story or traits.
    taydev wrote: »
    Never understood the community disdain for Eliza. Maybe I’ve missed something in her profile? I don’t know her story or traits.

She's in an unhappy marriage and has a tendency to take it out on other Sims. Plus she's materialistic which makes her a little annoying. Personally, I don't hate her or like her. She's always been good in my Family Man Challenges but outside of that I tend to just avoid her. (Except when I made her life miserable when I had Bob divorce her and then I promptly killed him in my Black widow Challenge >:) )
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I don't like Eliza
    I've never liked her. She gives me that gossipy bored housewife vibe who loves other people's misery :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't like Eliza
    i dont know if maybe im out of loop but like why do people seem to dislike Eliza so much? i didn't ever realise this was a thing until I started seeing some memes about it
    LOL ask SimGuruSteve. But yes she has been a stalker in many saves when the Sims 4 came out and yeah she broke the idle streams being alive.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I gave Eliza a makeover a couple of days ago and I now like her just slightly more.
    WT8DyL9.png
    FE7GqcU.png
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    I don't like Eliza
    Eliza seems to be the kind of woman to sport a certain haircut and ask for the manager everywhere she goes.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    I like Eliza
    I like Eliza in my main saved game. The Pancakes are part of my rotation and although they don't have a big part (I have sometimes skipped them when it's Willow Creek's turn) they are an essential part, especially as they are neighbours and friends with the households that I really love. They even have friends in San Myshuno. They now have a son, Bob is climbing the culinary ladder while Eliza is scaling the corporate one. For the future I do have a sort of a sketch (that can change) where Eliza and Bob outgrow each other and divorce.

I think I can see Eliza in a San Myshuno penthouse while Bob stays in Willow Creek in Eliza's family home (that is her backstory; the house they live in is her family home while Bob comes from the inner city) with the kid(s). I envision Eliza as the fun parent while Bob is the responsible one. I even have a vision where Bob and Zoe Patel's alien boyfriend will open a bakery together. As friends and business partners, not lovers.

In my other saved game, they are either testers or deleted as I prefer a blank state in those saved games.
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    I like Eliza in my main saved game. The Pancakes are part of my rotation and although they don't have a big part (I have sometimes skipped them when it's Willow Creek's turn) they are an essential part, especially as they are neighbours and friends with the households that I really love. They even have friends in San Myshuno. They now have a son, Bob is climbing the culinary ladder while Eliza is scaling the corporate one. For the future I do have a sort of a sketch (that can change) where Eliza and Bob outgrow each other and divorce.

I think I can see Eliza in a San Myshuno penthouse while Bob stays in Willow Creek in Eliza's family home (that is her backstory; the house they live in is her family home while Bob comes from the inner city) with the kid(s). I envision Eliza as the fun parent while Bob is the responsible one. I even have a vision where Bob and Zoe Patel's alien boyfriend will open a bakery together. As friends and business partners, not lovers.

In my other saved game, they are either testers or deleted as I prefer a blank state in those saved games.

I love how developed your story for them is. It really makes them seem like serious characters and not just random premades!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Since meeting the ever present (like sitting in the kitchen when my sims come down for breakfast, calling 92 times a day, and barging into my home like Kramer on Seinfeld) Tina Tinker, Mrs. Pancakes is now officially in my good books.
  • PixyPixy Posts: 16 Member
    I like Eliza
    I can't fault a sim for being materialistic when the overall game series might as well be called "Rampant Consumerism is Awesome: The Game," and that's her only "bad" trait. Meanwhile the husband she is supposedly "mean" to (they start out with a strong romantic relationship and halfway up the friends bar, such a terrible relationship there) is a slobby gloomy loner. That's got to be a drag on the marriage.
  • SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    She’s an evil Vampire Slayer in my current save. Don’t ask. It’s a long story. Just trust me when I say she can hold her own against evil Vamps.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    From the description, and for the sake of Bob, no, I'm not really crazy about her, but the Pancakes are one of the few premade households I do not delete when starting a new save.

Of course, that's where things do get weird. I have the EA/Maxis official recreation of the Newbies; and both Bob and Betty, in different saves, have been spawned as coworkers and townies.
  • daydreamsdaydreams Posts: 121 Member
    She hasn’t showed up a lot in recent years. Ever since I filled up all the worlds with different people, I totally forgot she existed.

I guess it’s because she’s no longer with Bob in my game. On the other hand, I have more of a connection with Bob and he’s kind of a legend. No reason in particular; he’s just Bob Pancakes.

I don’t have an interest in her at the moment. But I feel like I need to give her a chance, and if I ever play the Pancakes household and really play it (because I did attempt it once before, it was short lived and I don’t know what happened) I might change my opinion.
    “And he smiled a smile to shame the sun.”
    aH6O0kG.gif
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    i used to dislike her because she was rude to my founder like once at a park lmao
    she's long dead in that save so i couldn't care less :)))
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I don’t mind her. I like seeing her jog about town.

When my town gets too full though and I want new Sims, her and Bob are the first to go. I’ve only played their house once and it was ok.
    She will always be there at the start of every new game (with Bob).
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LectersLecters Posts: 19 Member
    You know what's funny. I've NEVER seen her in my game. 💀
    Check out my gallery! https://vipercide.com/gallery

xTO39gj.png