Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you very much @AliSim19 ! So sweet from you to comment all the houses! <3
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @AliSim19 , Thanks for checkin out my slideshow. Your comments are Greatly appreciated..

It's awesome you got to check out all the entries..

Such creative entries & all so different...
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited June 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #137 - Starstruck
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: SimTresa
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Avarice Acres
    NEW LOT LINK:Avarice Acres (Forgot to upload it with its actual name, Comfy Craftsman)
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 76,969
    TOTAL COST: 79969
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/8YJkkYb
    ENTRY DETAILS: This craftsman style home is surrounded by trees and gardens, providing some privacy and a lovely view. The carport has room for visitors' cars as well as the homeowner's. The backyard boasts a grill deck, pool and basketball court. Inside, a hobby room doubles as a workspace, giving Diana plenty of choices of activities both alone and in a group.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None. Art credits: AlJay, rosemow, Juwels64 and SurfChicCreation

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OCZHf6z.png
    9nebHYe.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    edited May 2020
    Escape to the Cape

FORUM ID: Archer_girl
    ORIGIN ID: Saturnspoon
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Pier Place
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C9785849A2F911EA8839C0F33FEC93F1?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=saturnspoon&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $76,687
    TOTAL COST: $78,687
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/0EbHSAq
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    This is a traditional coastal-style home with lots of windows to appreciate the view of the water on three sides of the home. This lot provides privacy as it is on Windenburg Island where there are only three other homes. Most of the interior is painted, paneled or tiled in muted tones of off white or gray with white trim so as not to compete with the colorful decor choices. It was a challenge finding just the right balance between "rustic" and "bright colors" and so I tried to avoid any furnishings that were too geometric, sleek or modern but it was hard as the most interesting color choices tend to be in those categories. I went with more of a "shabby-chic" or "boho-chic" look, using a number of colorful pieces from the Movie Hangout stuff pack and going from there. That was tricky also though because when you're using patterns and big bright colors things can get very "busy" and everything is competing with everything for attention. I felt that since this is a home on the water that it would be fun to decorate a space with a nautical-theme. The indoor/outdoor lounge just seemed like the obvious place for that fun look. I hope that Diana will enjoy her time in this home.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

bp8v4E9.png
    cArhWRZ.png
    Post edited by Archer_Girl on
  • MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    CHALLENGE #137
    Starstruck
    Forum ID: MaryKup
    Origin ID: MaryKup
    Level: just starting out in BnS
    Link to lot: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0D5CD0B9A37111EA83BF37E9DF36A29B?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Marykup&max=50&maxis=false
    Lot cost 3000
    Gallery Cost: 77136
    My build cost: 77136
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/nvKBecw

Diana Grace is an aspiring actress who just moved to Newcrest to start her acting career. She is making new friends and has already signed up with an agency to begin her move up to the top of her profession. I tried to use mostly pastel and grays in my color choices. Put in a pool, BBQ area in the back, lots of plants and some cute touches here and there.
    No CC was used. Move objects, show hidden and testing cheat were used.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited July 2020
    5nd1sli.png
    #BNS137 Starstruck is closed!
    June's challenge will be posted in the morning.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2020
    YwJaYKY.jpg

You know the instant the elegantly dressed, obviously well-to-do couple walk - no, the man is definitely swaggering - into your office that they are going to be difficult to please. Still, you’re up for the challenge. You just hope you’ll be able to hear them over the yapping of the little dog in the woman’s purse. You consider asking them to please leave the dog with Karl but he already has his hands full with the two children left outside with him.
    β€œMr. and Mrs. Gold, it’s a pleasure to make your acquaintance. Please, sit down. Can I get you anything?”
    β€œNo, we’re fine. I’ve got other meetings today, no time for chitchat,” Garnet Gold says, rather abruptly, you think
    β€˜And I have a lunch date, so make this fast,” his wife, Diamond, adds in clipped tones.

β€œOf course. What is it you’re looking for? A mansion, perhaps? Some new property just became available.”

β€œNo, we’re happy with the one we have. What we want is a vacation home on the water,” Garnet explained. β€œWe want to relax away from the crowds.”

β€œBut we need decks and space for entertaining. There must be music and a lavish garden,” Diamond adds.

β€œI require a gym, and an enclosed swimming pool so it can be used in all weather,” Garnet continues before you can say a word.
    You make encouraging noises while typing furiously, not wanting to forget a single detail. With such exacting clients who may change their minds many times before the house is built, it’s best to hear them out and try to anticipate their needs. Fortunately, the dog quiets down so you can hear. You hope it sleeps through the rest of the meeting.
    β€œWe also need a large dining room for guests, and a media room and playroom for our children, Jett and Jade.”

β€œThat’s definitely doable. Anything else?” You ask when they seem to have run out of words.

β€œGlass. I want lots of glass and big windows so I can enjoy the view,” Diamond announces.

Garnet nods. β€œAll contemporary, of course. I prefer dark colors.”

β€œAnd what do the children like?”

β€œJett would have his room decorated entirely in black if we let him,” Diamond says with a disapproving sniff. β€œHe enjoys collecting such things as frogs and fish.”

β€œHe does like navy, red and gray, too. Jade enjoys fashion, much like her mother, though her favorite color is green, to Diamond’s despair, β€œ Garnet says.

β€œA proper lady wears pink and does not spend her days playing video games,” Diamond says stiffly.

β€œI think we have everything. What is your budget?” You interject quickly, not wanting a marital spat to break out in your office. You are beginning to suspect this is not so much about a vacation home but an attempt to bring a family together.

β€œWe own the lot, the budget is 250,000.”’

β€œOne last question. Do you need rooms for live-in help?”

β€œNo, this is for our family only,” Garnet replies as Diamond opens her mouth.
    "All right, we should have your new vacation home ready in one month."

Brief:
    Budget: 250,000, excluding lot cost.
    Requirements:
    In addition to the usual bedrooms, bathrooms and kitchen, the Golds want the following:
      A large dining room. Media room Playroom Gym Enclosed pool. Doesn’t have to be inside, but must be protected from the elements. A garden with outdoor speaker(s) Multiple decks. [/list Room challenge: Build the playroom for Jett and Jade. Budget: 15,000 Sim Challenge Create the Gold family and show them enjoying their new home. The children’s ages are entirely up to you. Note; The dog is not required, so don’t worry if you don’t have Cats and Dogs.
    The deadline for this challenge is Tuesday, 30th June 2020, no later than 23:59:59 PM EDT/New York time.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2020
    8GWVUhh.jpg
    In case this would have a few things that would be helpful to anyone here, I hope you don't mind my sharing:
    A Builder Checklist for Sims 4: https://sherigr.com/sims-4-building-tutorials/builder-checklist-sims-4/
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited June 2020
    CHALLENGE – 138

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Admiral’s Wreckage in Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: Contemporary Tropical
    LOT COST: 8,000
    GALLERY COST: $246,430
    TOTAL COST: $246,430
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/138-gem-of-a-vacation-home.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: This gorgeous Sulani mansion boasts a natural waterfall that turns effortlessly into both a pool and fishing hole. In addition to the master bedroom w/ attached bath, there are two children’s rooms with a shared bath. Additional rooms include: Media Room, Play Room, Bubbly Room, Home Gym, Yoga Deck, Greenhouse Garden, scenic gallery, & a large deck to party on. The property also includes a gorgeous backyard with plenty of room to play and BBQ as well as sunbathe.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    06-03-20-1-27-10-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited June 2020
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 137: The Gold Family

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: The Gold Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/138-gem-of-a-vacation-home.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: This family is always dressed to impress. Garnet Gold shows off his love of dark colors, Diamond Golf of her belief that β€œreal lady” wears pink, while their daughter Jade has decidedly chosen green as her favorite color. While Jett Gold would prefer to be in all black all the time, his parents were able to convince him to branch out into navy blues, greys, and red. The family also has a high-strung, high-energy, yappy Chihuahua named Ruby who likes to ride around in Diamond’s purse. And as a β€œreal lady” dog, she is of course wearing a pink dress.
    PICTURES:
    gold-family_orig.jpg
    edited June 2020
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 138: Play Room

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: Play Room
    GALLERY COST: 13,331
    ENTRY DETAILS: This playroom has all the entertainment you could want (well, almost... we can't give kids EVERYTHING). The room has: tree dollhouse, stuffed animals, Media Center, Dress Up Wardrobe, Llama game, toy box, teddy bear doctor kit and a VR gaming machine.
    PICTURES:
    play-room_orig.jpg
    06-02-20-6-39-32-pm_orig.png
    Post edited by icanhassims on
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #137 - Star Struck
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    @BuildnShare When you say 'media room', do you mean like a home-cinema?
    4Sanne wrote: Β»

Not necessarily. It can be a room to enjoy any type of media, from TV to music. Even just a living room with a TV would count.
    image.png
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    SimTresa wrote: Β»

Not necessarily. It can be a room to enjoy any type of media, from TV to music. Even just a living room with a TV would count.

Thanks!
    SimTresa wrote: Β»

Thanks!

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    CHALLENGE #138 Gem of a Vacation home
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Light house Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/49C7257FAC5311EA8A9B2B28AF805D6A?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: n/a
    GALLERY COST: 249485
    TOTAL COST: 249485 (Lot cost and gallery cost added together - total should be at or BELOW the challenge budget)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bRw6d4u
    ENTRY DETAILS: This large modern home by the lake is a great place to relax with your family. Expansive views are of the natural view are abundant from every room in this house. Inside a modest modern kitchen. A large media family room.. A large dining room for entertaining that leads out to a large deck. The basements sports a pool and gym for year round fitness, and a game room for the kids. Upstairs sports the master and 2 kid rooms. a upper deck offers more views.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

[img][/img]QRrfMpE.png
    [img][/img]pmUmBhL.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    CHALLENGE #138 - A Gem of a Vacation Home
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Journey's End in Sulani
    NEW LOT LINK: A Vacay Getaway
    LOT COST: $4500.00
    GALLERY COST: $246,281.00
    TOTAL COST: $250,781.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Gem of a Vacation Home
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Gold family had a beautiful piece of ocean front property in Sulani where we built a 3 story vacation home for them. This home has multiple decks with outdoor speakers scattered throughout so the family can enjoy music where ever they might be. I have given them an indoor/outdoor infinity pool with glass panel doors that can be closed off during poor weather so the family can still enjoy a nice swim. Because Garnet prefers dark colors I chose to add a lot of black to the build giving it a dark feel, but not too dark. There are many windows so the family can enjoy the beautiful ocean or garden views.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    xFn2ZhH.png
    Sty8dOp.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    HOUSEHOLD: The Gold Family
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Gold Family
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Gold Family are a wealthy family, looking to have a vacation home where they can spend some time alone together as a family, away from all the distractions and business of life. Garnet is an ambitious man. He is at the top of his career in business and works as an Angel Investor. He want's to own the biggest and nicest home, including his vacation home. Fitness is very important to him and he works hard to make everything perfect, at work as well as with his family. Diamond loves to party as well as throw lavish parties. She is a smooth talker but It's all about status with her, she tends to be a bit of a snob. She loves her music and her dog. Jett loves to spend time outdoors and he is very playful. Jade has just became a teenager. She is a hopeless romantic and loves to flirt with all the boys. Dancing is her favorite activity she could dance all day given the opportunity. They also have a dog Penny. He is a friendly dog, but does enjoy barking and tends to be a little jumpy. He is Diamond's dog. Unfortunately for him, Diamond loves to dress him up in pretty clothes. He is her companion though, and doesn't seem to mind.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    OiV5OjA.png
    85PBXra.png
    fcuRqPI.png

Attention Starting Out Entrants for #137- Star Struck

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay
    NEW LOT LINK: The Summer Home
    LOT COST: 12,000
    GALLERY COST: 236,352
    TOTAL COST: 248,352
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Gem of a Vacation Home
    ENTRY DETAILS: The Gold Family wanted a vacation home by the water. This is indeed what they got. At Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay . A plot of land owned by the family. The largest property in Brindleton Bay- and it has its very own private beach . It contains three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a living/ media room , a dining room with a piano & a large kitchen. The house also has a very large indoor area with a pool.There are many Big windows & Multiple decks to enjoy the View. A playroom for the Children, really for the whole family . A gym, Sauna, and a spa room,Laundry room. A wine cellar. And an extensive Garden with a gazebo and a hot-tub. All outside wired for sound...
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All art through out by SimSationalToo , ThePlumBOBSims, Juwels64 & ALJay2000 in the gallery.
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

104733380_2746536115566462_4794977806750196687_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=t8_7U6w83FoAX96nJXx&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=d26513fddba7902327c0a2629ff72b39&oe=5F1D66B5

106290984_2745792655640808_4587222853277266217_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=fhCidknWbRAAX-8irFo&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=8262b8f770b709bdf66915247a2b9808&oe=5F1DCB45
  • aliciatisler00aliciatisler00 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I'm new to this, how do you add a photo to a post?
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Hi @aliciatisler00 and welcome! Because you are a new member you can’t post pics yet, but if you follow the instructions to add them one of the lovely folks around here will repost for you so that they show. There are a few threads around the forums that are great for getting your count up, a good start is always to bob along to @rosemow β€˜s welcome thread and say hello 😊 looking forward to seeing your entry!!
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Hey everyone 😊 Just dropped in to say that I’m not going to get chance to finish the build this month (got waaaay to involved in this big build for me to finish in a weekend, will keep it as a WIP!) and as ever got distracted by the Lovely builds already entered.....some .great work!! To be fair I got sidetracked this month playing with Eco living on limited play time - I should def have started sooner haha πŸ˜† Good luck to everyone trying to get their builds done in time, looking forward to seeing them 😊
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:SimTresa
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME:Chieftain's Villa
    NEW LOT LINK: Luxury Vacation Home

LOT COST: NA
    GALLERY COST: 210,213
    TOTAL COST: 210,213
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/XPDvAZG
    ENTRY DETAILS: This contemporary two-story house sits apart from its neighbors and high enough to give impressive views all around. The living areas are built around the covered pool, with most first floor rooms having direct access to it. Lush gardens surround the property, leaving a space on one side for the family to entertain themselves outdoors. The house features multiple decks as well as a playroom upstairs. Some local touches have been included in the design, including the flooring and lava rock both on the walls and in portions of the garden.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    bOv4JJK.png
    9ntJN2W.png
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top