Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited May 2020
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #126 - The Collection
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #137 - Starstruck
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL:Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rock Ridge Canyon in Glimmerbrook
    NEW LOT LINK: The Country Escape
    LOT COST: $4000.00
    GALLERY COST: $75,996.00
    TOTAL COST: $79,996.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: #137 - Starstruck
    ENTRY DETAILS: The new home of Diana Grace is her own little kingdom in the country. We have chosen to build her home in the magical countryside of Glimmer-brook, using a country farmhouse style of build to give the home a rustic feel. Using mostly white on the walls, we were able to give her the bright cheery feeling that she wanted without feeling painfully bright. Adding more color throughout house with the furniture choice, as well as the artwork on the walls.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please :smile:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was created by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    vRb89ev.png
    HuA2c0Q.png
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention Expert Entrants for #134 - Hawthorne Project X - The Ravenwoods

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention Expert Entrants for - #125 - A Chalet Getaway

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention Expert Entrants for - #135 - Spring Designer Showdown

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited May 2020
    EVxjqb3.png

Attention Master Entrants for - #136 - A Tiny Hangout

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Attention Expert Entrants for - #136 - A Tiny Hangout

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png

Attention Master Entrants for - #134 - Hawthorne Project Part X - The Ravenwoods

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Thank you so much and a hearty congratulations to all of the lovely new judges! You have all stepped up marvelously, and we are so excited for the enthusiasm and help! And, wow, new results already and you are all doing fantastically! <3

@AliSim19 and @pronterus a well-deserved congratulations to you both on your promotions!! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

FORUM ID: AIRIS6962
    ORIGIN ID: Airis6962
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Villa Verano (in my language)
    NEW LOT LINK: Villa Verano
    LOT COST: $3000.00
    GALLERY COST: $76,617
    TOTAL COST: $79,617
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    https://imgur.com/a/DaCGk9O
    ENTRY DETAILS: Villa Verano could be a rural house in Spain, in the country, between the mountains and the sea.
    It has several patios and porches to enjoy outdoors, where is, of course, a pool.
    Three bedrooms, three bathrooms and a toilet in three floors. Garage for two cars and a motorbike/ bike.
    There are fireplaces in all the rooms because it is a house to enjoy during the whole year, not only in Summer!
    I decided to design my own rustic furniture with MOO to save money!
    Beautiful paintings by @juwels64. Rustic furniture design by myself.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

X0Ad48r.png
    HVCdrRO.png

Attention Established Entrants for #136 - A Tiny Hangout

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: KitelDesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Asphalt Ashes
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/1A56E0BB9E1611EA85EE4E0411273BCB?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: Asphalt Ashes -3000
    GALLERY COST: 76732
    TOTAL COST: 79732 (Lot cost and gallery cost added together - total should be at or BELOW the challenge budget)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/NSXg2T7
    ENTRY DETAILS: This quaint Prarie farmstead has the quaint country rustic vibe any person would love. A great formal living room with a fireplace for the colder nights. A guestroom on the lower floor. A quaint country kitchen with plenthy of storage, leading to a covered patio. A large expansive pool for the warm summers, and a large garden space. Upstairs is the large spacious master bedroom, and two more bedrooms, with a jack and jill bathroom.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)
    [img][/img]kzWnEFB.png
    [img][/img]5L8ytEB.png
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Anyone have any tips for taking pictures for the album ? I am having an issue with the lighting fading out when I move in to snap that shot..Tips, please... Anyone....
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @Pinkusfamily I post edit almost all of mine. It's time consuming but its what I have gotten used to
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    CHALLENGE #137 – Starstruck
    FORUM ID: OccipitalLobe
    ORIGIN ID: Chapscher
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Lighthouse
    NEW LOT LINK: Memory in Blue
    LOT COST: 3000
    GALLERY COST: 76,841
    TOTAL COST: 79,841
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: take the tour!
    ENTRY DETAILS: #BnS137 Memory in Blue is a countryside retreat that is small enough to unwind in and large enough to host a bash of a party. The house includes three bedrooms, three full baths, a spacious open floorplan, a sizable office, a patio, a fishing pond, and a swimming hole. Come to the Memory in Blue and make some memories that will last for generations.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: ChapscherMKE
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    TUMBLR LINK: chapscher.tumblr.com
    0yO70cu.png
    eziyPSi.png
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    @Pinkusfamily oh my goodness that drives me insane too! Like @JojoMOMSTER I used to post edit but I use Reshade when I’m playing now because I *love* how my game looks, so not so much editing of photos needed.

However it’s still sometimes way darker in my shots than it looks in game, so for me I go with an extra lighting boost just for the photo shoot - this EA tutorial https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/screenshot-tips-sims was quite useful for those spots that just refuse to stay lit (Lamp named Claudine is awesome!) and as I often remove walls to get a better angle I sometimes need to add in an extra overhead light because my room has gotten so much bigger. There are some good guides out there on making the most of light coming through windows too, a quick google search brings up loads.

Outside shots are different of course, not much to do there but choose my plot carefully and then get the right time of day to get good/reasonable light on whatever I’m trying to frame.

Not much but hope it might help a little, good luck!
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    Anyone have any tips for taking pictures for the album ? I am having an issue with the lighting fading out when I move in to snap that shot..Tips, please... Anyone....

For indoors pics, better take then at night in game.
    For outdoors, change to morning or afternoon and see what is the best light.
    Thank you, Thank you all... These tips are great !!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've been experiementing hard with debug lighting for my build. I figured out the way to keep the walls from getting too bright is to move the debug lights back at least a square away, at least when using the 1-square ambient ceiling light..
    image.png
    @SimTresa , Yes I have discovered those lights..

The wall lights in this build I feel look stunning..
    edited May 2020
    FORUM ID: AliSim19
    ORIGIN ID: Aliana101
    LEVEL: Expert
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Chateau Frise Brindleton Bay 40x40
    NEW LOT LINK: Grace Ranch
    LOT COST: 4000
    GALLERY COST: 75,999
    TOTAL COST: 79,999
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/9ZVrD7A
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    So a home for a celebrity but only 80k budget, colourful but not too colourful and just a little bit rustic….quite a challenge!! Now what can I add to stretch myself? Well I’ve never done a ranch style build (that seemed a 'bit' rustic right?) and building on my starter addiction, just how much space and luxury can I give this starlet for only 80k and make it cosy(ish!)? Had real fun with this one, playing with tutorial ideas, terrain, TOOL and MOO, and had to use every starter trick I’ve learned to keep in budget! A few things I tried didn’t survive playtesting but most worked out ok – a great challenge, thank you @buildnshare

So, welcome to the Grace Ranch, the new secluded home on the hill for well known celebrity Diana Grace, designed to fit right in with the pre-landscaped gated entrance that the plot came with. The home boats a large open plan living area, three bedrooms, two bathrooms, wellness room and a beautiful outdoor entertaining area.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC Art by #FruitLoops40 #Aljay2000 #juwels64 #SimSationalToo Spliced plants by #SheriGR – thanks to all ♥
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

y8fkhK4.png

jIIthRh.png

Post edited by AliSim19 on
    FORUM ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    ORIGIN ID: PINKUSFAMILY
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Summer Home
    NEW LOT LINK: " A Touch Rustic "
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 76,947
    TOTAL COST: 79,947
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: "StarStruck"
    ENTRY DETAILS: Created in Windenburg at The Summer Home lot. Cozy, comfortable and perhaps a little more than a touch of rustic. Made to be it's own little kingdom out in the country. Created with bright, cheerful colors, but not painfully bright, and soft fabrics. Neutrals were used as fine accent colors. Built as a place to come together with friends to relax.. It has all the amenities requested..
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes , Please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All Art throughout and Garage doors by AlJay2000 in the gallery
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Mom's Sims 3 & 4. Creations

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    101029743_2719892271564180_1042771871390498816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=h67nI7u0Q_cAX-7D6hP&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=538309ff3f1e8700d4f9b2608eb2e827&oe=5EF76F61

99127643_2719685784918162_8098813388169150464_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=e007fa&_nc_ohc=_UFamevmpxQAX--VWh_&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&oh=c22b34e2ac1932c986d81dc481622763&oe=5EF40DB4

edited May 2020
    So my laptop hour yesterday morning was spent getting my entry added, today's has been much more fun looking through all the builds so far - what a collection of fantastic homes, thank you for brightening my morning everyone!

@icanhassims I love that pond swimming pool! I couldn't see from the pics if sims could get in off the edge of the deck, but it made me just want to jump right in have a morning swim :)

@HEW310 Another cool pool, love the tree island in the middle. And you got my favourite flamingo in your build, love it!

@wendyology That second picture you posted is just so lovely! My fave here was that double staircase idea, love how the house worked around it :)

@HIGHER_DESIGN Such a lovely building, loved the whole thing but especially that path and the craft shed. Started to confuse me as I went through and then hit me when I got to the cribs....for the other challenge :D I still very much enjoyed looking around though!

@JosieAnglin What a beautiful building! So cool that you got the dance floor in there too!

@AlJay I always adore your homes! My fave here is the divine outdoor areas, just so many beautifully done little areas of interest fitted together seamlessly, awesome work! And that gazebo swing... <3

@AIRIS6962 Wow Airis this is a simply stunning building!! Amazingly beautiful and with so many clever, technical tricky parts....hats off! And that's fantastic collection of fireplaces :)<3<3

@KitelDesigns Such a cosy living room, makes me want to cuddle up with a book immediately, fab!

@OccipitalLobe Another very cute house! That little patio then the path down to the pond/swimming pool...just looks so inviting!

@Pinkusfamily Gorgeous building and grounds, love it! Great slideshow too :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19 :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Thank you @AliSim19! It's so very kind of you to look through all of our builds and comment on them! :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top