Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teen High School Ideas

2...Next

Comments

• RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I was actually homeschooled but it's always been by dream to go to highschool :(
    So I have no ideas to add but I reallllllly realllllllly hope they add highschool and more teen focused gameplay!!!!!🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I never make my Sim kids and teens go to school. My experience with it was that most of my actual education was despite school rather than because of it. I also have some experience with homeschooling/unschooling and I know it's as different for different people as public school is. Different approaches, different lifestyles and environments and opportunities. I also went to a lot of different schools and there's a huge difference in those as well. There's no one-size-fits-all best approach for everyone. :)

What my Sim kids do instead of being in a school, is they pursue their interests, work on their aspirations and goals, get in a lot of play and social interaction, do some studying and reading and hands-on learning, and then have plenty of time to eat, bathe, spend quality time with family and friends, and sleep.

But everyone has their path, their likes, nothing wrong with yours or anyone else's, wasn't throwing shade. Part of the goodness of this game is getting to live one's best life, one's dream. Or do wild and extreme things we'd never do in real life.

At the end of the day, though, "Aw, darn, vacation time? I'm gonna cry cuz I won't be at school" said no school student, ever. :D

I homeschool my kid irl and some of my sims kids but that's just by keeping them home on vacation time as much as possible. I really wish it was a real option. Or kids could take online learning classes. There's mods of course, but I would love it to be in the game.

If you've got mc command center you can make kids and teens drop out of school quite easily. It kind of feels like cheating, but since it should be a game feature anyway, I think it's pretty good.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    A functioning high school is what I really would like, that we could follow kids to class or actively play as a teacher (both optional of course).
    Even more than that I'd want the same thing Primary school for kids

And the feature I want most is homeschooling haha!
    I'm in Canada and I had 3 high school years (10-12)and 2 middle school years (grade 8-9)(and 8 elementary school years (K-7).

HOnestly I'd love to see the teen life stage divided so we have preteens. Kids that can have a first crush/date but can't woohoo. Kids that can babysit, but only for younger siblings. Kids that get a paper route (that's still a thing where I live and everyone gets a free weekly newspaper here as well as the option to opt into paid ones). Kids that go to middle school, not high school etc.

I want subject homework and doing it raises skills in those subjects. Maybe even a tie in to uni scholarships (get an A in Math you can get a math based scholarship or something)

Field trips would be great!

Really love your ideas! One little thought I had, though was that pre teen babysitting should not only be for younger siblings. I had six babysitting jobs/week when I was 11! Maybe parents of kids that they know could call them up and ask for babysitting and the pre teen could accept or decline. Rate could be like $7/per hour.

I did too, well age 12 anyways! (I'm 37 now, always loved kids!) but from what I've heard from parents nowadays, they don't seem to want anyone under 16 babysitting, and even that many are saying is too young now! So I wasn't sure if that would be realistic nowadays. Maybe it's just my area though? Here, people also pay babysitters $15/hour/kid (some get away with $10 but then I hear the kids that babysit for them whine and complain about how cheap they were being) which is way out of my budget.

Wow... In some states here, it's technically illegal to leave a child under 16 unattended.
    In general it's the parents responsibility if something goes wrong, if the children are not in the care of an adult.
    As a result, baby sitters are usually older teens, in upper secondary school, or young adults in tertiary education.

Though, some people do take risks, and leave younger children in the care of their older children, though it would be very unusual for the older child to not be at least a teen.

Aussie babysitters usually get paid about $20 per hour, if they're untrained, and about $28+ per hour if they have qualifications, but a good babysitter can cost up to $40 per hour.

Under 16 illegal? Really?!
    Technically.
    Who is held accountable when something goes wrong?
    In Australia, it's the parents. Leaving a child in the care of another child is somewhat irresponsible, and so the parents of both kids can be charged.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I was actually homeschooled but it's always been by dream to go to highschool :(
    So I have no ideas to add but I reallllllly realllllllly hope they add highschool and more teen focused gameplay!!!!!🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

I never make my Sim kids and teens go to school. My experience with it was that most of my actual education was despite school rather than because of it. I also have some experience with homeschooling/unschooling and I know it's as different for different people as public school is. Different approaches, different lifestyles and environments and opportunities. I also went to a lot of different schools and there's a huge difference in those as well. There's no one-size-fits-all best approach for everyone. :)

What my Sim kids do instead of being in a school, is they pursue their interests, work on their aspirations and goals, get in a lot of play and social interaction, do some studying and reading and hands-on learning, and then have plenty of time to eat, bathe, spend quality time with family and friends, and sleep.

But everyone has their path, their likes, nothing wrong with yours or anyone else's, wasn't throwing shade. Part of the goodness of this game is getting to live one's best life, one's dream. Or do wild and extreme things we'd never do in real life.

At the end of the day, though, "Aw, darn, vacation time? I'm gonna cry cuz I won't be at school" said no school student, ever. :D

I homeschool my kid irl and some of my sims kids but that's just by keeping them home on vacation time as much as possible. I really wish it was a real option. Or kids could take online learning classes. There's mods of course, but I would love it to be in the game.

If you've got mc command center you can make kids and teens drop out of school quite easily. It kind of feels like cheating, but since it should be a game feature anyway, I think it's pretty good.

You can make them drop out, but you can't make them homeschool with it. I still want them to do homework, submit stuff either online or to a parent, and receive their grades etc if that makes sense. Have parents assign them stuff, take online classes with assignments, have it count towards the next school up and all that, not just "stay home"
  • OnyxshadowOnyxshadow Posts: 10 New Member
    do they get to do like SAT before going to college?
  • divsimsdivsims Posts: 8 New Member
    I definitely want a sort of school schedule, not the same as university just a button that you click and you can see all your classes, then you have an interactive bag and your sim has to pack the right books. I also would love packing a packed lunch into it!