Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you went the sims5 to remain offline?

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love to see them experiment with more online features as long as they keep it optional. The Sims 5 needs innovation or it's gonna die. They cannot do same old again.
    That‘s what they thought about SimCity too and now look where we are. The Sims Community for the most part doesn‘t want change. In every iteration we ask for the same packs. We just want the good old Sims with updated graphics and fun new gameplay features.
    I 100% agree with this. The Sims Community on the most part are introverts and I think even the Gurus realise that. Why I think a side game would do better than the full fledge game. Let us just hope the Gurus and Simmers can come together to keep the main series offline.

I doubt most people who play The Sims are introverts. I would like to see those studies. Introverts don't jump on a plane and fly off to Sim camp, and people often mistake someone who doesn't want to play with other people online as an introvert. They may be a mayor and rather someone not know they play The Sims. I know many doctors and lawyers here over the years hardly introverted people.

Making the mistake the trailer they tried to portray about all those people who played The Sims are typical of the demographics of this game would be a mistake Just like thinking all the players of TS1 would be teen boys. Youtubers aren't introverts, they like attention. I sort of doubt the majority of players are sitting at home (in normal times) not associating with real people in their lives.

very well said @Cinebar and right now with the pandemic (coronavirus) covid 19 lots of players escape in there sims games or see the sims as an escape at the moment in my case i am avoiding watching my local news because i do not went to hear morning day and night of the pandemic now back on topic.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Other Please post
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    But, if it does end up going online (for store transactions or mulitplayer), I would prefer those features to be optional. Also, I will have to wait and see how overall game play is impacted or limited by those features before I choose to buy it:

1) I don't want to be forced into any multiplayer play in the Sims, 2) I don't want my game play limited because any multiplayer action requires it, and 3) I don't want microtransactions to become the standard for adding to my game.

all this, same.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Yes
    I think an obligation to find online "friends" in order to play TS would be an absolute horror for most simmers (me included).
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I have absolutely no desire to play The Sims as an online game. I don’t want other people playing with my sims, I don’t want them altering my builds, beside what they do with the few I’ve posted on the gallery if they put them in their own game. Sorry, in this instance, my game, my world.

While it may well be lovely to be able to travel to other people’s worlds and see how things are going there, I think the risk of griefing is just too high.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I would love to see them experiment with more online features as long as they keep it optional. The Sims 5 needs innovation or it's gonna die. They cannot do same old again.
    That‘s what they thought about SimCity too and now look where we are. The Sims Community for the most part doesn‘t want change. In every iteration we ask for the same packs. We just want the good old Sims with updated graphics and fun new gameplay features.
    I 100% agree with this. The Sims Community on the most part are introverts and I think even the Gurus realise that. Why I think a side game would do better than the full fledge game. Let us just hope the Gurus and Simmers can come together to keep the main series offline.

I doubt most people who play The Sims are introverts. I would like to see those studies. Introverts don't jump on a plane and fly off to Sim camp, and people often mistake someone who doesn't want to play with other people online as an introvert. They may be a mayor and rather someone not know they play The Sims. I know many doctors and lawyers here over the years hardly introverted people.

Making the mistake the trailer they tried to portray about all those people who played The Sims are typical of the demographics of this game would be a mistake Just like thinking all the players of TS1 would be teen boys. Youtubers aren't introverts, they like attention. I sort of doubt the majority of players are sitting at home (in normal times) not associating with real people in their lives.

You don't have to be an introvert to realize other people are annoying especially in an MMORPG.

Here is an article on What Is an Introvert. I'm an introvert and I agree with everything it says. Here is an excerpt that lists the characteristics:

The result is that most introverts share certain characteristics:

• We’d rather stay home most nights than go out to one social event after another.
    • We enjoy quiet, solitary activities like reading, writing, gaming, gardening, or drawing.
    • We’ll usually choose the company of a few close friends over a wild party.
    • We do our best work alone.
    • Many of us will avoid small talk or other unnecessary social interactions.

It also says that shyness and introversion are NOT one and the same, but two totally different traits:

• Being shy means you get very nervous and self-conscious in social situations. Both introverts and extroverts can have this trait — not all natural-born extroverts run around chatting with strangers!
    • Being introverted means socializing wears you out. You might not be nervous or shy at all. In fact, many introverts enjoy socializing (as long as it’s meaningful!). And some even get misidentified as ambiverts or extroverts. But since it will eventually tire you out, you probably avoid extra social time when you can.

It even include 5 myths about introverts dispelled (summarized - you can read fuller description in the article):

1. Introverts are not necessarily socially awkward.
    2. Introverts don’t hate people.
    3. Introverts aren’t rude.
    4. Introverts don’t need be “fixed.”
    5. Introverts don’t (usually) wish we were extroverted.

So here are 13 signs you might be an introvert (summarized, read the article for full descriptions - there's also another list of 21 signs if you want to read more):

1. You enjoy spending time alone
    2. Certain types of socializing drain you
    3. You do your best work alone
    4. You’d rather hang out with a few close friends than a large group of people
    5. You have a vivid, rich inner world…
    6. …and you’re often “in your head”
    7. You prefer to stay out of the spotlight
    8. You can “network,” but you feel like you’re faking it
    9. You don’t always know what to say
    10. You’re better at writing your thoughts than speaking them
    11. You dive deep, both in your relationships and interests
    12. You seek meaning
    13. You feel out of place in an “extroverted” society

So from reading the article, I think a lot of people who play The Sims are introverts and that this game is a perfect medium for them to fully express their rich inner life! It would also explain why most of simmers don't want TS5 - or any future iterations to be online multiplayers.

Introvert-Definition-word-cloud.jpeg

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 358 Member
    Other Please post
    went or want not sure what is being asked
  • OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    Other Please post
    I don't really care if it's online or not, but I would like the option to choose in settings.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Other Please post
    My next version is going to be Parasites,
    not Sims 5!
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • MortryddMortrydd Posts: 20 Member
    Other Please post
    Id love to play online with friends, or possibly strangers also sounds like so much fun. But it should also have an offline part, so online should be optional.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes

You don't have to be an introvert to realize other people are annoying especially in an MMORPG.

Here is an article on What Is an Introvert. I'm an introvert and I agree with everything it says. Here is an excerpt that lists the characteristics:

• We’d rather stay home most nights than go out to one social event after another.
    • We enjoy quiet, solitary activities like reading, writing, gaming, gardening, or drawing.

It also says that shyness and introversion are NOT one and the same, but two totally different traits:

• Being shy means you get very nervous and self-conscious in social situations. Both introverts and extroverts can have this trait — not all natural-born extroverts run around chatting with strangers!
    • Being introverted means socializing wears you out. You might not be nervous or shy at all. In fact, many introverts enjoy socializing (as long as it’s meaningful!). And some even get misidentified as ambiverts or extroverts. But since it will eventually tire you out, you probably avoid extra social time when you can.

It even include 5 myths about introverts dispelled (summarized - you can read fuller description in the article):

So here are 13 signs you might be an introvert (summarized, read the article for full descriptions - there's also another list of 21 signs if you want to read more):

12. You seek meaning

So from reading the article, I think a lot of people who play The Sims are introverts and that this game is a perfect medium for them to fully express their rich inner life! It would also explain why most of simmers don't want TS5 - or any future iterations to be online multiplayers.

No, maybe we just don't want others to mess up our story or game. Has nothing to do at all with whether we are social or not. Or whether we like to read (more serious) rather than watch comedy skits on TV. Whether we like low brow or high brow entertainment. Such as opera compared to fart jokes. Whether we find large outrageous parties compared to a dinner party more enjoyable or not. Has nothing in the world to do with being an introvert. Other traits come into play and learned behavior is also a factor. Maybe some people who are suspected o f being introverted and don't want to play a game with others is because they have a trait to control everything around them (Inside a game) and that might be just as much a factor as saying Simmers are introverts and therefore don't want multiplayer. lol Assumptions are usually wrong.

And as far as comments Simmers don't like change and we just wnat the same packs over and over...well, it's a supposedly a life simulator. Do any of us really expect there shouldn't be pets, seasons/weather, a way to run a business, or generational play? Or a way to send Sims to college? It's a life simulator of course we are going to want those things in any new Sim game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes

At Sims camps they get sick because they are introverts and don't get out besides those events. I haven't met one game changer that hasn't admitted to not being an introvert to some degree. But yeah Gurus did say most Simmers are. Sure there are exceptions. I'm an introvert extrovert when I took that quiz on what personality type are you. Would be a fun poll to do in off-topic. Anyway nothing wrong with being an introvert especially in gaming communities where many couples meet their partners in MMOs. I have found fun ways to exercise at home. Doctors and lawyers can be introverts too. Profession doesn't dictate a personality type. I am an Advocate INFJ-T which makes up less than 1% of the population.

Anyways after the Eco Lifestyle protesting, I wouldn't blame Gurus for not feeling safe around some in the community in a MMORPG game now.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Yes
    I really don’t want online play more then we have now ( I am talking about to gallery to share creations ) any more then that and I am out .
  • HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    Other Please post
    I'd like online if it was optional. I definitely love playing solo a bit more, but it would be nice to have the option to somehow join up with friends and whatnot. As long as it doesn't have to be intrusive to my current saves if I don't want it to be.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other Please post
    This question is similar to "Do you want The Sims change ?"

It's dangerous because on the one hand we would like The Sims stay the game that we like but on the other hand it closes the door of all the positive additions which could be done.

Nothing in our world is 100% black or white.

The positive additions of an online game are probably more numerous than the negative ones.
    Just imagine if internet didn't exist, the lockdown would have been a nightmare ( no social network, no VOD, no work from home, no video game download, ...).

Be online is a part of our life now.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Yes
    I don't want other players to mess with my stories and from experience singleplayer mode is generally neglected in favor of multiplayer. If the next game HAS to be online then I don't want to loose gameplay features just because they'll focus more on online features. I also fear to loose options on how to play the game MY way. Everything in buy/build mode should be in both modes. Will there be toggles to remove stuff I don't want in my game or will it be the same rules for everyone? Will there be microtransactions like in mobile games?
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2020
    Other Please post
    It should definitely be optional. Like, I'd love to play in the same world as family and friends. But I'd also like to play solo and have my own stories going on. Also, large servers full of strangers are intimidating.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes

12. You seek meaning

Wow I am totally an introvert.
  • Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Yes
    I like certain online games, but I feel like Sims isn't really a game that is designed to be an online game. I just picture it being like a Google Drive project where you have multiple people all trying to put their spin on the project (in this case a save) and it just ends up being chaos. So, EA, please keep Sims an offline game.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    Absolutely. It would be a hot mess if they made it online. Believe me, I've played MMORPG's, I know what happens when a game is built around cooperative multiplayer to the point of not being able to experience big hunks of content without having to join a party or a guild. The game becomes an environment that's not particularly great for people who don't have IRL friends who are interested in playing with them and find trying to interact with other players in the game through the text chat system just to meet in-game companions clunky and/or awkward...and party finder systems are just the worst. Then there will be the botters and the trolls...yeah, not pretty. The only things that save MMORPG's are the combat and exploration aspects. A TS5 would have neither, so it would just be an unplayable mess.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    Yes
    Online stuff in The Sims should be like Animal Crossing - allowable only at your discretion. I want to be able to build and play my Sims offline how I see fit. It's not a social game, so it should remain as such. If I want to invite others to visit my builds or lots, I should have the capability to enable that, but otherwise, it should not be something that's always on.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Other Please post
    An interactive gallery would be cool.

The game should be mostly offline but maybe have a rotating showcase world where your sims can visit the top gallery homes before downloading them. Or being able to send your sims off to visit other people's games would be fun too, not in the traditional multiplayer sense but rather you select a sim and they'll show up in other's game as a npc and you can select to have them give out gifts.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Yes
    I don't mind there being the option to play online for those that want it but I would prefer to play offline myself so I'd want them to put most of their effort into offline gameplay.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes
    I don't mind something like the gallery, where players can easily share their creations with other players.
    IF they decide to go online and only IF, then they should let it be completely optional and separated from single player mode. However, if it negatively impacts the game for single players like myself, such as removing gameplay features or not giving me the option to play the game MY way, then I'll probably not be interested. If they can find a way to make both versions possible in a single game, then I'll stay open-minded until they tell us what they mean by "online" Sims game.

These are some of my conditions if they decide to do Sims online:
    - No micro-transactions
    - Let us decide which players to allow in our game
    - No subscriptions
    - Will modding and CC be allowed? (for those who usually play with those)
    - Other players are not allowed to edit or remove lots I have placed without my permission.
    - Smarter NPC AI (that goes without saying)
    - How will saving work between servers, could we move in/out our families between them without loosing progressions/memories/relationships?
    - Will all life stages be in the base game at launch?
    - How will story progression work? Will it allow rotational gameplay (controlling two or more households at the same time)?
    - Will worlds be similar to what we have in S4 or open world?
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Yes
    I don't mind something like the gallery, where players can easily share their creations with other players.
    IF they decide to go online and only IF, then they should let it be completely optional and separated from single player mode. However, if it negatively impacts the game for single players like myself, such as removing gameplay features or not giving me the option to play the game MY way, then I'll probably be not interested. If they can find a way to make both versions possible in a single game, then I'll stay open-minded until they tell us what they mean by "online" Sims game.

These are some of my conditions if they decide to do Sims online:
    - No micro-transactions
    - Let us decide which players to allow in our game
    - No subscriptions
    - Will modding and CC be allowed? (for those who usually play with those)
    - Other players are not allowed to edit or remove lots I have placed without my permission.
    - Smarter NPC AI (that goes without saying)
    - How will saving work between servers, could we move in/out our families between them without loosing progressions/memories/relationships?
    - Will all life stages be in the base game at launch?
    - How will story progression work? Will it allow rotational gameplay (controlling two or more households at the same time)?
    - Will worlds be similar to what we have in S4 or open world?

these are good questions? @SimsAddict_244
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(