Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CM's Architecture Thread - Thornton Cottage (pg 8) & a homeless home (pg 9)

12345679...Next

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited May 2020
    Home Away From House - no cc

Home Away From House photo album

Inspired (quite after the fact) by @aricarai 's Seclusion, which was built in response to a teen runaway challenge, this is a non-home on a 10x10 lot where a homeless sim can settle down without being tied down.

Tent, outhouse, primitive plumbing, and a firepit for roasting vegetables or fish, this lot provides the barest of bare necessities for a sim to scrape out a living. However, without all those walls and floors in the way, it offers ample skill opportunities - handiness upgrading fixtures, a mirror for charisma, logic using a telescope, paint or make music in the great outdoors, do a spot of gardening to ensure you have something to eat, or work-out to the radio, play with the hackey-sack, or increase your martial arts skills. Place it near a fishing spot and you can have fresh fish for dinner!

Remarkably playable!
    Post edited by creativemetaphor on
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Love what you've done with Home Away from Home! I feel like that could be an angler's dream as well! You've done amazing to have all those skills on the lot, too! Very smart!
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @aricarai Thanks! I've been wanting to make a starter home that was more like a starter home-less for a while. I only played it with a single sim, I think that tent holds a family, though? But not sure if it would hold a toddler or not. Might be something to try. But it was oddly fun to play!