Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We have lots of little pets...

LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Speculation and Rumor
Straight off, I'm not saying I don't want more developed pets. But we have a lot more animals than you think in the game...

1: Fish. Not the most fascinating of pets, but you can put them in fish bowls and later view them. There are also aquariums to view. Not exciting but when were fish exciting? Soothe your inner boredom by recording your fishing session on a Drone and then uploading it onto the internet for a bucket-load.
2: Frogs. These you can actually breed!
3: Insects: If you have Outdoor Retreat you can hunt for insects which appear at various times of day while on vacation.
4: Aliens: You can collect these alive or dead on Sixam with Get To Work.
5: The Bird-feeder: You can attract birds with it. They can delight, or anger your Sims.
6: The Hamster line: The deepest developed pets so far and it helps you complete a collection.
7: The Cowplant, if you think of it as a pet. Ironically it may be more developed, and you do have a death for it too..
8: The Bee Hive. You wanted bees, you got bees. BEES! Also honey and stuff, and a death.
8: Even more curious insects in Eco Living to pet, eat, and use as fuel.
9: Snowy Escape has curious spirits hanging around Mount K. to collect, known as Simmies. Could be interesting to have them as pets too!

Apart from the Hamster line, none of these are exciting, but they're still animals that you can have in your living room and show off or look at, and so they probably won't make a return in any kind of pets pack (apart from how we keep getting new fish).

Thoughts on OTHER little pets?
Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
Post edited by Loanet on

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Aliens are animals?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I had a sim who kept a cowplant as a pet. It died because I forgot to feed it. :neutral: Do bees count as pets? They bring you gifts and you could possible keep them in your living room.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Straight off, I'm not saying I don't want more developed pets. But we have a lot more animals than you think in the game...

1: Fish. Not the most fascinating of pets, but you can put them in fish bowls and later view them. There are also aquariums to view. Not exciting but when were fish exciting?
    2: Frogs. These you can actually breed!
    3: Insects: If you have Outdoor Retreat you can hunt for insects which appear at various times of day while on vacation.
    4: Aliens: You can collect these alive or dead on Sixam with Get To Work.
    5: The Bird-feeder: You can attract birds with it. They can delight, or anger your Sims.
    6: The Hamster line: The deepest developed pets.
    7: The Cowplant, if you think of it as a pet.
    8: Even more curious insects coming up in Eco Living.

Apart from the Hamster line, none of these are exciting, but they're still animals that you can have in your living room and show off or look at, and so they probably won't make a return in any kind of pets pack (apart from how we keep getting new fish).

Thoughts on OTHER little pets?

WHAT have you been doing to your poor Alien sims?!?!???!?

(this is a joke.)

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i'd love more to the frogs, they're huge frogs in small little tanks and they dont move. i'd love a proper tank for them alongside lizards and turtles
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    One of the things you can do with fishbowls is keep fish in them until you're ready to cook them, since dropping a fish in revives it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    Parrots. Budgies. Cockatoos. I think Sims 2 or 3 had birds and it was cool.

Bunnies!

Spiders with webs

And they're not little - but llamas and alpacas. I'm not a huge pro-farm pack person. Livestock for meat bores me. But wool is cool. Sheep)alpacas/llamas would be cute
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    id like large birds and bunnies
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Well, clearly the theme of animals is absolutely done to death. They've been stuffed down our throats right from the base game! Enough with the animal theme already!

Ahem.
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    edited May 2020
    I miss the small animals from TS3. Yeah they are pretty limited interaction wise but it was still neat to be able to have snakes, birds and such, especially after grabbing *ahem* "befriending" them in the wild.

I would actually like if they had some exotic animals eventually like big cats. I get that they are wild animals that belong in the wild but we're talking about a fantasy videogame.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I want a farming pack with horses and other farm animals. I think I'm pretty content otherwise. Rabbits might have been good small pets, but MFPS did the small animal theme. I have that though I've barely used it yet. I might consider it when I'm playing with more kids again.

I do play with the cats and dogs, even when they are a little annoying. I generally like them, I just ignore them if they act too needy and it isn't urgent. It'd be good if they would sometimes relax more, but generally I'm happy. I know some people aren't as keen, but some houses only feel complete with pets.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'd quite like some reptiles, like lizards and snakes.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Turtles and parrots would be nice.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Llamas please. <3
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I still really want things like birds you know like parrots and falcons an owl's parakeets I also want turtles and lizards and unicorns and dragons cows chickens bunnies and horses I know there's a lot of other people who want those things too oh yeah and pet snakes and llamas just because
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like the hamsters and I use them as pets. I do wish they were more interactive but they fit in a number of households for me. Most of the others feel more decorative. I'd like the bees more if they weren't so hard to manage.. maybe someone has a tip I don't know other than spamming interactions with them? Either way I have a lot less bee hives even though my sims usually have a garden.

I want interactive birds and yes caged birds! Would love to see it be let out of it's cage to climb around on it or be picked up by the player if it had to be linked to an object like the hamster is. I know we have that bird feeder but it's not the same thing as a pet.
    I'd also like snakes and maybe even spiders. Bunnies would be nice too..
    egTcBMc.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Are you also going to count roaches and mice in CL that are FX only?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Parrots, chinchillas, those smiling geckos, bunny rabbits, ferrets are what I think of first.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I very much want to be able to feed my fishes!

I am very well trained when it comes to keeping digital fishes alive. Several FemSheps have saved the galaxy, no automatic feeding thank you, and not a single fish have been lost!
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I want reptiles too. @Loanet
  • Livre99Livre99 Posts: 3 New Member
    Do any of you think we'll ever get horses in the sims 4 again since farming probably isn't happening? :neutral:
  • Livre99Livre99 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @crocobaura said:
    > Turtles and parrots would be nice.

I'd LOVE to be able to have my two musk turtles in game
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Livre99 wrote: »
    Do any of you think we'll ever get horses in the sims 4 again since farming probably isn't happening? :neutral:

I keep hoping - while the chances may be low, I wouldn't rule it out yet.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Livre99 wrote: »

Why do you think horses and farming aren’t coming? I think it’s pretty obvious it’s coming. EA is a capitalstic company. Horses and farming will sell and the devs know. Ergo horses and farming are coming eventually. Just be patient. :)