Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming Gamepack Musings - Elephants!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I just hope it has a zoo our sims can visit and alligator and crocodile wrestling shows as well as a large marine aquarium exibit.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    How about a Jumanji, Lion King,
    Book of Negroes, Alex Haley Roots &
    African Tribes themes in the new gamepack?
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Well, everything up there is part of another pack. RoM, C&D, Parenthood, City Living, Jungle Living, Kids room stuff, Toddler stuff, etc... So maybe it's just showing the different packs for the heck of it. I think they'll be able to 'protest' or 'support' in EL too. But, I'm still going to stalk this thread for y'all's thoughts.

This! Adding that this time line graphic probably was created *before* any graphics from the packs were ready to show off, explaining why they picked a little bit from many previous packs.

A safari pack sounds cool though! Especially if they also added a few farm animals ;) I could even warm up to have a farm based on llamas (for wool), dragons (for breeding), pink flamingos (for eggs) - and elephants (for fertilizer)!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Well, everything up there is part of another pack. RoM, C&D, Parenthood, City Living, Jungle Living, Kids room stuff, Toddler stuff, etc... So maybe it's just showing the different packs for the heck of it. I think they'll be able to 'protest' or 'support' in EL too. But, I'm still going to stalk this thread for y'all's thoughts.

I thought this too. Is the protesting not part of City Living?

Elephants sound really cool, I must admit. I have a feeling the new GP would involve a new destination world.
    giphy.gif
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I see another elephant in SimGuruGeorge's livingroom. :wink: I could see them making a save the elephants pack.

I really hope they bring Elephants into the game. Helps that @SimGuruGeorge likes them too.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    Wait! There was a SimSafari game before. How did I miss this?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNf1muTBv0k

Short overview, very crude because it is from 1998 - SOOOO EA can totally add a Safari game pack
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qian5K2UdSM
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't think they would make a whole safari pack, maybe another pack like jungle adventure and add in some small animals, or maybe one big animal like a tiger or elephant. I would love to have some parrots to add to Sulani and maybe a pet tortoise.
    @crocobaura that would work too. I do miss having birds and small animals like in TS3. I got my pets stuff, but it is not the same game play. I def would like sims to be able to photograph and look at large animals. If they go with the winter pack they can add snow leopards, monkeys and tigers
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    @crocobaura that would work too. I do miss having birds and small animals like in TS3. I got my pets stuff, but it is not the same game play. I def would like sims to be able to photograph and look at large animals. If they go with the winter pack they can add snow leopards, monkeys and tigers

Oh, I'd like that. I saw people make dogs look like tigers, and some look very nice but they still behave like dogs. A big cat that behaves like a cat would be lovely.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t want a vacation world, but an elephant rescue and an African residential world would be fabulous!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    A zoo/safari pack would make me so happy. With an option to manage the zoo like dine out.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member

I thought this too. Is the protesting not part of City Living?

Elephants sound really cool, I must admit. I have a feeling the new GP would involve a new destination world.

Yes, protesting started in City Living.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Well there are elephants on her skirt
    ts4-april-6-blog-image.png.adapt.crop191x100.628p.png
    Could these elephants be alluding to a Safari Game pack? Especially with the guy from jungle adventure with the spider on his shoulder. The little girl has a unicorn and there is a ROM Owl, so can here be mystical animals in this safari too, especially with the gnome and the green teddy bear she is holding? There are so many animals in this graphic and since we know the protestors are alluding to Eco Lifestyle and the Stuff pack is Knitting, the Game Pack must have something to do with animals.

I'm thinking Elephants, since there has never been elephants in the Sims

What do you think?

The animal the girl's outfit is already in game I think? or there is a cat version or something and she is holding something coming from the knitting pack. The guy top right and the gnome should be Eco pack as I'm sure I saw a gnome in the trailer or somewhere.

Guessing the gamepack is safari something. Well, they haven't done anything like it and that is what they said, so I guess that is what it is. At least it isn't farming as I want that in an EP so they can hopefully have tractors/equipment, harvestables, real farm animals that produce goods you can sell(not equestrian horses that can be made with Unicorns & pegasus). I am surprised as we already have the jungle one, unless this one is only about animals. Zoo, petting zoo, . If there is, hope they make balloons for the kids, toy animals to buy in the shop, rides, and ways to adopt animals to your home lot.

• LexalooLexaloo Posts: 20 Member
    I think safari is likely due to the alternative destinations packs. It could be to help out in other civilizations with how they’ve taken the sims 4 so far. It’s nice to see a corporation Use it’s power to promote those things. Protesters are definitely Eco Living. I think the packs referenced could hold clues inside the descriptions and items. I’ll be looking into that. I do feel like there may be an occult pack since there’s the magical owl and unicorn. It would be cool if the stuff pack was a farming pack that also included mythical creatures as well as the realistic ones.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    The two protesters to the right are from an old City Living render. The elephant skirt, the signs and all - it has nothing to do with the upcoming GP. Sorry. Just had to say that, as so many seem to believe the graphics are hinting elephants...

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited June 2020
    An African theme would be a new thing to add to the pack. And it does have an opportunity for new animals, although being a game pack it's hard to know what kinds.

I just don't feel like it would be a zoo. This isn't Planet Zoo or Zoo Tycoon. I don't want to use my life simulator to build theme parks.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    A shot in the dark is targeted on disappointment. I dunno why people is spreading this.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
    Lots of symbolism in those graphics. No one has alluded to the Elephants in her skirt. It may be a shot in the dark -- or is it?
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    A shot in the dark is targeted on disappointment. I dunno why people is spreading this.

This is the speculation section people speculate in the speculation section people enjoy speculating it doesn't mean they believe it that even if they do at least it gives them something to think about
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

This is the speculation section people speculate in the speculation section people enjoy speculating it doesn't mean they believe it that even if they do at least it gives them something to think about

Is it the speculation section?
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Is it the speculation section?

I guess not I thought it was though in any way I still don't see any harm in speculating even if it's not in the speculation section yet besides it's not as if they're spreading a rumor or anyting it's not like they read anything anywhere I heard anything from someone all they're doing is speculating and having fun with others
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Thanks @comicsforlife - you hit the nail on the head. It is fun to speculate about what the next GP could be.

And also I ♥ Elephants
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited June 2020
    Could these elephants be alluding to a Safari Game pack? Especially with the guy from jungle adventure with the spider on his shoulder. The little girl has a unicorn and there is a ROM Owl, so can here be mystical animals in this safari too, especially with the gnome and the green teddy bear she is holding? There are so many animals in this graphic and since we know the protestors are alluding to Eco Lifestyle and the Stuff pack is Knitting, the Game Pack must have something to do with animals.

What do you think?

With Elephants we could also get zoos and circuses.

Edit
    I'm surprised this isn't in the Speculation Section.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2020

What do you think?

With Elephants we could also get zoos and circuses.

Edit
    I'm surprised this isn't in the Speculation Section.

Well considering they couldn't be bothered to add a doghouse in Cats and Dogs because it was 'cruel' (according to mr Grant) I don't see how they can even add circuses.. talking about animal cruelty...

Also: do not forget that we are talking about a Game Pack, not a Expansion Pack. Animating is a very costly process and we all know that EA loves to do as less animating as possible. Animating a complete zoo full of animals (without them being just plain FX) would just cost WAY too much.

Do not get your hopes up, because expectations will not be met, that's a given.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • _000key_000key Posts: 168 Member
    Looking at the sim that has the tarantula on his shoulder and looking at the sim with the elephant shirt I have a feeling a safari adventure is the new pack maybe zoo too or national parks and rangers.