Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like other time periods?

Do you ever try to create past times or eras? Maybe with cc and lots of imagination? Maybe hoping an expansion pack might appear that could help that dream come true? I know, it's hard to pick one. You can always comment below if you really like 2 or 3. Or if I missed your favorite time from the past.

Do you like other time periods? 92 votes

Pre-historic Cretaceous Park theme park (since we all know dinosaurs were loooong before humans).
2%
sennawalesBagoas77 2 votes
Pre-historic stone age with cave houses, maybe some wooly sabertooth animals.
4%
Kate2450SimTrippyCaprianaBM1ss_Plumbum 4 votes
Pre-historic bronze/ceramic age with huts, sea travel, trading, pottery.
3%
BloosmooLissmelsMonday 3 votes
Medieval with hovels and castles, iron smithing, jousting, swordfights and plagues.
31%
crocobauraAprilDawnCamkatMontrase102ZorgaelanorbretonMariefoxprice83MagdaleenaChanty25mlmeadowsAquariusMomBabykittyjadeHarukotyanmittenkittelovemy4sSimmerMarsMaggieMarleyDoloresGreyadele_katSilentKitty 29 votes
Renaissance with more and expanded arts, music, poetry and fancy clothing.
6%
AjaGiofruitsbasket101ChampandGirlieannaliese39AngeliqueAdelaideklattip 6 votes
Old West with horses and hats, robbery and sheriffs
8%
ClassicalSimIvyeyedEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlOEII1001sarabeth2984KruegerKaylaxCapers 8 votes
Victorian with bustles, velocipedes and tea parties, maybe a steampunk edge.
19%
Colorist40lisamwittmercuryfoamMirichaLissyK9bixtersTrashmagicOldeseadoggeRedShoe7loutredorPamtastic72mikaThePinkBookGirlManakoHimeNorthDakotaGamerKoteykaEvie0602Dianesims 18 votes
20s-30s with Art Deco building style, Stutz Bearcat autos, night clubs, lindy-hop (maybe a depression?).
7%
CK213Goth583jeepjeepcatSims4MagicalTalesthenightcourtchons95BlackSpiderBat 7 votes
Swingin' 60s with beaded curtains, op-art, pop-art, mini-skirts, go-go boots and hippies.
6%
Lustianiciafiercephoenix91PotterheadSimVivi_WillowTreegallerysims4Reaganbogan 6 votes
Awesome 80s with leopard print, leggings, punk chicks, squatting, big hair and arena rock.
9%
Goldmoldarsimlicious2015ChanticoJerrelloSimmindipityNetzspannungPatriceRouensimsUniqueKhaos 9 votes

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Medieval with hovels and castles, iron smithing, jousting, swordfights and plagues.
    I would actually love to have a medieval save, but I haven't spent any time on trying to find CC or anything. I might still though, but it seems very daunting. Old West also sounds awesome.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    Okay I officially can't pick. I like so many of your suggestions and I don't have a favourite time period. I don't use CC so I haven't tried creating any. I'm less interested in pre-historic time periods. Probably most interested in medieval-renaissance-old west-victorian, but then also 80s. I might cast my vote later when I've made up my mind.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    I love all of these but a victorian save is probably the one I would want to play the most. Actually, I would do anything to get a history EP! Maybe it could cover a few eras, not just one. Even if each of them only contained one small neighbourhood it would still be amazing.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I would love medieval, victorian and old west but probably medieval the most. It would only be good, though, if modern stuff could disappear - like mobile phones.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I’ve had some ideas for a Stepford-esque/fall out shelter dwelling Atomic Age sims for Strangerville. 1950s nightmare mode. But I keep also wanting to make it just a normal town.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Awesome 80s with leopard print, leggings, punk chicks, squatting, big hair and arena rock.
    It really doesn't matter what the survey question is. If one of the answers contains "leopard print" it's what I'm gonna go with. :D
    Also, bless your heart for this bit "since we all know dinosaurs were loooong before humans". I just really wish that was true.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I enjoy giving my sims a medieval life, preferably with a touch of fantasy. Unfortunately this requires a lot of cc and my pc already needs some time to load the game. :/ so I switched to victorian for one family because we have more items to suit that era.

The main problem however are situational outfits. They totally break any kind of historical feel.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2020
    I have one savefile that has each neighborhood and world set in a different time period; exploring the past of my vampires.
    These time periods include the viking age (on the island in windenburg), the golden age of piracy (in sulani... princess cordelia is also there), the 70s (in newcrest), and the early 2000s (willow creek). I also consider adding the regency era for a fifth vampire somewhere, but we'll see.

I use CC for most of this, but what's hardest to come by is the viking stuff. I've only found properly accurate viking tunics for TS2, and I've come to the point where I'm trying to figure out how to make CC clothes so I can do this myself. Nobody ever does viking content for TS4, it's all celtic instead. Which I guess is close, but really not what I'm looking for!!

So in an official context it does feel incredibly unlikely for them to provide anything for iron-age scandinavian sims, since that's just in my part of the world anyway. It feels too specific. Come to think of it, they haven't really done any specifically Scandinavian stuff since TS3 with Aurora Skies.

So I may just settle for plain medieval stuff if they decide to provide anything for historical gameplay. Which is also very unlikely, knowing how deeply rooted TS4 is in specifically modern-day gameplay. I mean heck, I had to get a mod to keep everyone from playing on their phones all the time. Phones, which people are just born with.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    I don't really create past times in my games, because way too much CC is needed for that. But I like the historical bits blended in with the moderns touches.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I like all ideas.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    If I had to choose, I would pick old west. But honestly, I don’t want any of it. I don’t even like futuristic. I prefer current times.
  • KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    I would love all of these! But because I'm in love with Old West the most, that's what I've voted. I decorate my Strangerville world with Old West building styles because I feel that's the one that suits best :smile:
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    I would honestly play with all of the above! I have downloaded some cc for historical play but I couldn't get into it because random townies showing up in modern clothing really ruins it. I would love a new The Sim Stories with some type of historical play. Medieval was great but I couldn't really play a true sandbox mode like you could with the stories. I would love them to do this with a medieval or even old west theme.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    @lovemy4s You could download a completely empty save (or empty it out yourself) and I think stop townie regeneration with MCCC (or delete the regenerated households from the household screen). That way, all townies would be your created ones. Just an idea!

I realised that there is quite a bit of medieval and old west cc out there, so I might dive into that when my storylines for this save wrap up. Don't want to have too much going on at once.

• lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    @Duvelina Thanks. I always wondered if that was an option; I may have to try that now!
  • thenightcourtthenightcourt Posts: 173 Member
    20s-30s with Art Deco building style, Stutz Bearcat autos, night clubs, lindy-hop (maybe a depression?).
    I’m playing through the decades challenge, which is a legacy that spans from 1890s-2010s. I’m currently in the 1920s, and I’m having a blast playing in different time periods.
    Never forgive, always forget.
  • mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited May 2020
    You should put a "Others" category in your next poll. :) This is a fun poll except my favourite period is not here. I like the Edo period with samurais and daimyos, and the Qing and Han dynasties. :# I chose victorian since they are pretty! But I don't know much else about it. :D
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,874 Member
    Because I had to pick one. I also like Medieval, Old West, and 80s. Oh, and renaissance too.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited May 2020
    ]Yes, I like other time periods, I would like an expansion pack or game pack dedicated to that theme. I found this picture on pinterest.

05jo4S0.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    candyboot wrote: »
    ]Yes, I like other time periods, I would like an expansion pack or game pack dedicated to that theme. I found this picture on pinterest.

05jo4S0.jpg

I would totally preorder that pack. Lol.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Never did it because it requires too much cc.but I'm interested 😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2020
    I've only tried to do this one in Strangerville. Mostly because I found some nice builds on the gallery and we have some western clothes both from Strangerville and Get Famous. I think Jungle Adventures? let me make some Mexican inspired looks. I don't play them as authentic though just more like a throw back or curiosity. I can't get past the cell phones and walk-bys to play it authentically.
    Also on your list I do a lot of 50-60 and 70's looks, both in builds and sim styles.

I would love them all though (well maybe not prehistoric), but only if we could maybe block walkby's somehow and decide not to use cell phones. Would be cool to have a basically blank world maybe with just trees, grass mountains ect as backdrops to do some of this stuff in.

Windenburg Island use to be good for making throw backs but after I started getting some walkbys in certain areas my ideas dried up (well until recently). No clue if they fixed that or not.
    egTcBMc.png
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Pre-historic stone age with cave houses, maybe some wooly sabertooth animals.
    1. Stone age
    2. Future
    3. Medival
    3. 60s and 70s
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I like other time periods, but don't have a need for my Sims to live in them. I would just download themed custom content for my modern Sims to use.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted