Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would make you enjoy Eco Lifestyle?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don't know what's so important about fire-fighters but I suppose they add realism.

Presumably you'd only get acid rain when pollution was heavy.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    The new rumor has got me hyped for Eco Lifestyle:

15 Lots
    Some of them are apartments in the world

An inventory off the grid filter
    Windows and doors off grid placement on walls

New weather acid rain

& the return of firefighters ( apparently in a free basegame update).

Source:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimsCommuniTea/status/1262322754998632454

If I'm going to believe anything from the rumors I would choose the 15 lots, and the off grid filter in inventory/build & buy mode. Firefighters seem too good to be true and windows and door placement without restrictions would be a dream; and this is on top of already knowing we are getting a free variation of ladders. If it is all true then yay for us!!!

I don't think we need firefighters but I welcome it.

I hope the rumor about more apartments is true.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I think the rumour about new apartments in Eco Lifestyle is the least believable part, the rest is fairly reasonable but promising apartments makes me doubt the whole thing
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think the rumour about new apartments in Eco Lifestyle is the least believable part, the rest is fairly reasonable but promising apartments makes me doubt the whole thing

If you look at one of the renders;the one with the cardboard dollhouse and the bookshelf with the plants on it. If you look in the kitchen(with the reused counter tops lol) there are buildings in the windows that look like apartment buildings. I thought that they were fake filler apartments but if the rumors are true then those are real apartments that will be in that world among the lots included.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I really, really hope that the 15 lots rumor is actually a fact. I dislike having my worlds with only 5 lots, boring.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I really, really hope that the 15 lots rumor is actually a fact. I dislike having my worlds with only 5 lots, boring.

I think it's quite possible. Brindleton Bay has 16 lots, Sulani has 14. But I also think 15 is not a lot, I wish we'll have another Windenburg some day...
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2020
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I pray to the sim lord Vladimir Straus that the apartment rumor is true. If it is, I'm for sure buying this :joy:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    I don't know what's so important about fire-fighters but I suppose they add realism.

+1

All firefighters do is extinguish the fire then disappear, right?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    The new rumor has got me hyped for Eco Lifestyle:

15 Lots
    Some of them are apartments in the world

An inventory off the grid filter
    Windows and doors off grid placement on walls

New weather acid rain

& the return of firefighters ( apparently in a free basegame update).

Source:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/SimsCommuniTea/status/1262322754998632454

If I'm going to believe anything from the rumors I would choose the 15 lots, and the off grid filter in inventory/build & buy mode. Firefighters seem too good to be true and windows and door placement without restrictions would be a dream; and this is on top of already knowing we are getting a free variation of ladders. If it is all true then yay for us!!!

I don't think we need firefighters but I welcome it.

I hope the rumor about more apartments is true.

"I"
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I really really hope these rumors are true. I've been dying for more apartments, and 15 lots is a lot more than I expected.

Firefighters might not sound like a big deal to some people, but to me it does. NPCs bring life to the game. I just hope they also add burglars and cops back as well.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    If they’re bringing firefighters back it maybe because increased pollution = increased fire risk?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    If they’re bringing firefighters back it maybe because increased pollution = increased fire risk?

I was also wondering about the connection...
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member

They might also add a fireproof trait to the reward store.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

They might also add a fireproof trait to the reward store.

A sim can be fireproof by completing one of the nature aspirations.
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    Well definitely glad to be proven wrong regarding apartments!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think there's even more than I was hoping for. Obviously there's all the active objects but there's also a lot of gameplay added, on a level with Seasons. Much better than the Island Living pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I dont 'like the look of the world not going to play fixing it up. I did that in Strangeville but at least Strangeville came out to look pretty decent.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    What would have made this pack more interesting to me would have been for every action there is a reaction. Where are these Sims going to dump all their trash? See, I think beyond most people when it comes to this stuff. No offense, I just do. If what the Sims did there to clean it up caused problems somewhere else, like in WC. And or how did they create the 3D printer, where did they get the material? See, there should be consequences for that, too, depending on what they did to get one. And how is it powered? Magic? There should be consequences to that, too. Wind turbines, what about the birds, it's not all rainbows and sunshine depending on choices people make in life. No cares about the birds in their world. Maybe because there aren't any. What about the fish whose natural migration is interrupted yearly because of wind turbines? See, I want a game that makes people use that gray matter. Without Seasons there isn't any wind in TS4. What powers the windmill? How many do Sims need to power a home? Should they need more (and bigger ones) to run a TV, the pc, the lights, their cell phones? Fluff doesn't cut it. And while I'm on the topic of a throw away society, lecturing about don't throw that in trash but recycle, how about no 'throw away elderly' anymore and no more simply deleting them. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What would have made this pack more interesting to me would have been for every action there is a reaction. Where are these Sims going to dump all their trash? See, I think beyond most people when it comes to this stuff. No offense, I just do. If what the Sims did there to clean it up caused problems somewhere else, like in WC. And or how did they create the 3D printer, where did they get the material? See, there should be consequences for that, too, depending on what they did to get one. And how is it powered? Magic? There should be consequences to that, too. Wind turbines, what about the birds, it's not all rainbows and sunshine depending on choices people make in life. No cares about the birds in their world. Maybe because there aren't any. What about the fish whose natural migration is interrupted yearly because of wind turbines? See, I want a game that makes people use that gray matter. Without Seasons there isn't any wind in TS4. What powers the windmill? How many do Sims need to power a home? Should they need more (and bigger ones) to run a TV, the pc, the lights, their cell phones? Fluff doesn't cut it. And while I'm on the topic of a throw away society, lecturing about don't throw that in trash but recycle, how about no 'throw away elderly' anymore and no more simply deleting them. :)

Would have been nice to have a domino sort of effect in the game, where all actions would have a reaction and influence other parts of gameplay. I loved in TS2 when sims who shopped kept their purchases in their inventories, it was always fun seeing what they have been up to while I was playing other sims. I don't want the game to be completely realistic, because we have life for that, but it would be nice to see more integrations between the different aspects of the game, like maybe if you fish too often in one pond you would get a message saying that the fish has depleted and you need to find another fishing spot for a while, or maybe come back in fishing season. Also, speaking of alternative power sources, wind turbines not only are dangerous for migrating birds, but they are also difficult to dispose of or recycle. Their blades are made of sturdy fiberglass which is hard to cut up so they usually end up buried in landfills. Solar panel farms will also fry up birds flying over them.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

I don't know about the other questions, but the 3D printer thing (I think it's called maker station or something) is powered by energy, which can either be bought or produced via the power generators (which can either use bio-fuel produced by insects or a non-bio type that I don't remember now).

Also, about the energy needed to run eletronics, you do need to produce certain amounts of energy to run those. For instance, a light should need 1 energy to run, a small TV should need 2 and a big Movie Hangout TV needs 10 (just an example, I don't know the exact numbers). So yeah, the more/better eletronics they use, the more energy they will have to buy/produce.

I think it's great that you think beyond, but honestly, this is one of the most detailed packs we got in a long time.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2020
    About that question it was answered here:

Seasons isn't the only pack that has sort of weather system. Strangeville and Island Living do too. Plus there will be acid rain with the pack which with rain comes wind. A lot of these questions were answered during the live stream. Honestly first pack I have seen in awhile that will have consequences with it and what attracts me most about it. Gurus really thought it through. Every action does have a reaction including bringing death by flies back which I adored in the Sims 2.

I did ask if any of the candles will have negative effects and Grim one will. Was thanked for providing feedback about objects in general not having enough negative effects to them.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2020
    I like the Neighborhood Action Plans, it's new local events.

Until now the only city events were the parties in Windenburg and the festivals in San Myshuno. Nothing happened in Willow Creek or Newcrest.

Everything which makes the worlds more vibrant is welcome.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    If they brought the whims back
    more for sim kids and more drama please