Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Firande

Thank you! I really enjoyed reading through your answers. I can only answer number 4, due to not QUITE being all caught up...

4. A more general question so everyone can answer LOL: I've asked this before, but which character have you guys been enjoying the most thus far? Who is your favorite and why?

BELLA. I love Bella and she is absolutely my favourite of everyone in the cast. She's just the BEST.
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat @15aewar @lilypadmeulin
    49926606808_d7624cb811_z.jpg
    His Queen, Her King Pt. 2 Pose Pack here

That's such an awesome pose! Thanks so much for linking the pose pack. *downloads immediately* <3
    Firande wrote: »
    @15aewar The reason I have it all typed out and basically ready to go is because I played all of this a long while ago, like I'm about at least half a year further in my game than I am with this story. Also, I share all of my updates with this one friend on Discord so I already write it all out when I send it to her, then I just save it for when I can upload it to my blog. I was writing these stories for way longer than I've had this blog for because I initially totally didn't mean to even start a blog, haha. :blush:
    I'm glad you like Emil and Maddie! They will continue to play a role for quite some time, these two!
    I will continue to catch up with y'all's stories and can't wait to answer the questions of whoever's story is next! <3

That's really cool! I do have another save kinda like that. It's super casual in style, though (even more so than Elvira's story.) I'm really impressed with how you turned the wacky gameplay of the Sims 4 into a coherent story. I really wouldn't know where to begin with this sim:
    In a world where all the male sims have mysteriously disappeared, only one sim can save the world's population.
    OjgSlMX.png?1
    Meet Turner Poole Increase Mann! He hopes to start a dynasty of similarly pun-themed names. He starts by meeting a cute little witch in Selvadorada.
    xodM0u9.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Firande Oo, very curious to see where this is going! I love L. Faba!

Well, my intention was to put up this little piece by Monday so it could be the subject of this week's discussion:
    http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2020/05/28/foul-play-by-farceurs/

I wrote it for the SimFic Monthly Challenge, but it actually continues the story of Dawn Roseworth. I've decided to start a spin-off with her that takes place in the aftermath of the Mother Plant/Straud's defeat. Not sure when I'll have enough chapters written out to post regularly, so we'll skip my week for the next few times after this. :)

Only two questions this time:

1. Can you tell who's calling and who he's calling about?

2. What do you think will happen if the caller takes Francine's advice and travels to Glimmerbrooke?

Thanks everyone for your patience with me. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @NyteRose Vin and Meli are so sweet together and glad you're feeling better. :)

@katrinasforest I'll have the answers to your questions later today. :)

Chapter 7 is up. A character from Story 1 makes an appearance. I am planning another chapter for next week, Wednesday.

NikzQ3yl.png

2. What do you think will happen if the caller takes Francine's advice and travels to Glimmerbrooke?

Thanks everyone for your patience with me. ^_^
    No problemo! Thanks so much for sharing this story with us.
    1. It's Vlad. He wants to kill Dawn Roseworth with laughter.
    2. I think he might be careful what he wishes for. He shouldn't play with fire if he doesn't want to get hurt. Although, he may have more luck with mischief magic. L. Faba has a mean streak. I'm sure she'd be more than happy to help with his plot. >:)
    @katrinasforest Answers to your questions. :)
    It's definitely Vlad. At first, I thought he was talking about Bella, but then I remembered Bella was cured of vampirism. Then I realized I hadn't read your last post about Dawn and I went back and read it. It's got to be Dawn. She has green hair and is a vampire. And I love that he's trying to hire assassins to kill her with laughter. :D

I could see there being some mixed feelings toward Vlad (who was a powerful vampire) and the spellcasters. I could see Vlad encountering an incompetent spellcaster that messes something up. Or maybe Vlad encounters one of the sages and gets himself in trouble somehow or perhaps angers one of them. I'm not sure at this point, but I know Vlad will stir up some trouble along the way, lol.
    @15aewar Lol, yeah, I guess it is pretty clear who's speaking. I was trying to take a screencap that didn't make it totally obvious (mostly because I'm pretty sure there's already a story about him among the other April/May entries.) But it's hard not to get that huge chin and nose in the shot, and of course, the marble-white hair and skin are a pretty solid giveaway, too.

Oo, those are some really good ideas I hadn't thought of, @lone_cat. I appreciate the inspiration.

I can actually picture the three sages all having very different views on whether to help him or kick him out. (I'm thinking L. Faba would be in favor of helping him, Morgyn would want him out, and Simeon shrug and be all, "I hate big decisions. You two figure this out." :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Oh, and for anyone who was looking for the mod that fixes the acting career bug, here's the one I've been using:
    https://thefreshsims.tumblr.com/post/616054851635396608/acting-career-gig-fix
    edited June 2020
    Happy first day of June! (Which for me translated to, "Oo! I can play the Ultra League in Pokemon Go, and it's wedding season in Animal Crossing!") How is everyone doing? @lone_cat, I believe it's your week this week. Any questions you have for us or creative brainstorms you want to chat about? :)
    My questions and I hope everyone is having a good week. :)

1. What are your thoughts on Leo and his girlfriend (Sharon), the couple staying next to Barnes and Hailey in Sulani?
    2. If you've read the latest chapter (Chapter 7: Learning to Fall)
    What are your theories on why Ian is in Sulani?
    3. Who is your least favorite character and why? (I think I asked who was your favorite a while back, so I flipped this question around :))
    1. I like Leo, but I wonder what he's up to. Sharon seems kinda mean, but there's probably a lot more here than meets the eye. In other words, they intrigue me. Good job!
    Ian's sudden disappearance coincides with the "dead" author's trip to Sulani. I think there's some kind of connection here, but what? Is Ian a private detective hired by the author to spy on Hailey? Does Ian know that the author is still alive? Does he have some sort of supernatural power? All sorts of interesting things could be going on. :smile:
    3. My least favorite character so far is Sharon. She seems overprotective to me. Then again, there's probably a lot to her story that we haven't seen yet. Maybe Sharon has good reason to react the way she does?
    @15aewar Thanks for your answers and good questions. All I can say is, there is a lot going on behind the scenes. I was worried that it would be too obvious, but I'm glad that some things are still a mystery. Hopefully, I'm not spoiling something in saying this, lol. Sharon does have good reasons for being the way she is, and all will be revealed in the end. :)
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2020
    @Firande @lone_cat @katrinasforest @15aewar @lilypadmeulin @CathyTea

I'm taking a hiatus from the Sims Community because of ongoing harassment, medical, and mental health reasons. I deleted my Tumblr account and am leaving both the official forums and the Sims Asylum. Sorry for any trouble this has caused, and please remove me and my story from the group since I don't know when or if I'll be back.

Thank you for reading and for the support.

Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    @NyteRose

I am extremely sorry to see you go, and wish you only the best.
    @NyteRose I'm very sorry to hear this. I will miss reading your story and your photo-shoots, but I understand that you need to take time for yourself. Best wishes. :)
    edited June 2020
    @NyteRose I'm sorry to hear you have to step out. I hope we get to see you back sometime. Your health is #1 priority. Hope things start looking better for you soon.

@lone_cat I just caught up with Chapter 7. My week was...interesting. Had a nasty storm, and power was out for several days. Doing better now, though. Anyways, here's my answers to your questions.
    1. Well, I don't they're a great match for each other, given how much they bicker. But I also suspect they're overcompensating a little bit, especially making that big show of the proposal. I think they're hiding something in addition to not getting along. (Their secret mer-forms, maybe?)

2. Ian definitely knows more than he's letting on. I think he's already seen the mermaids already, or at least one of them. My guess is he came to Sulani specifically to investigate them, although I'm not quite sure whether it's out of his own interests or because someone asked him to.

3. At this point, I'd say Leo. He seems really full of himself, which is usually the type of character I love to hate. (I mean, even if you are hiding a super deep secret, you can still be a friendly secret-hiding person. :)
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hey everyone! As has become customary by now I have to apologize for my late response. This time I do actually have a valid reason, though: now that the whole... crisis our world has been dealing with is finally turning around a little in Europe, I'm moving abroad! Was planning to already do that in April but, yeah... hehe. So now that I finally managed to book a flight I have less than 4 weeks to get everything in order, so I spent last week finally writing a letter of resignation for my current job, which I've had for almost seven years so man that's been kind of hard, and trying to make everything in order for my move... which made it even more fun to focus on your story, @lone_cat, because I will be moving to a tropical... or well, Mediterranean hehe, island too! It made me even more excited to be going there LOL.

@NyteRose I'm really sorry to see you go, but of course it's important first and foremost to focus on your own mental health and I wish you all the best. <3 We will be missing you, though!

@katrinasforest Sorry to hear about the turbulent week you've been having. Storms, they really can be scary... I remember about a year ago now, I was staying over at my parents' place while they went on vacation for a week to care for the pets and literally a few hours after they left, a major storm hit and the shed in the house just opposite of ours got struck by lightning. Was the loudest bang I've ever heard in my life and I got so scared, and the flash was so bright that I immediately knew something had to be badly wrong so I checked our 911 reports on this website and sure enough, it said the fire department was sent over to our street urgently... so I step out the door and sure enough, there is a giant fire going on just opposite and the power in at least half the entire street had gone bust. Cat was still out too but thankfully I managed to find her and safely bring her back... and that wasn't even that bad a storm, just bad thunder LOL. I never used to be scared of thunder but ever since that day... :grimace:

@lone_cat Here are my answers to your questions for your AMAZING story... which I just caught up with and am enjoying so much!

1. What are your thoughts on Leo and his girlfriend (Sharon), the couple staying next to Barnes and Hailey in Sulani?
    I at first thought they were just fun comic relief, and that Leo might be a love interest for Hailey though I'm kind of falling back on that
    now that Ian is back...
    But the more you're displaying of them, the more I think that Leo is actually in a really unhappy relationship with Sharon and that she isn't good for him, and I'm hoping he manages to wring himself free from her, possibly with the help of Hailey (and Barnes), because man... she clearly isn't good for him, and isn't making him happy. I do really enjoy them, especially Leo, though! I think they have a good chance of becoming good friends with Hailey and Barnes at the very least!
    2. If you've read the latest chapter (Chapter 7: Learning to Fall): What are your theories on why Ian is in Sulani?
    I think it has to do with the mer-person that saved Hailey. You did imply that he knew about them when he came with the figure of speech excuse for calling them "he" where even Hailey thought there was more to that, so that's why I'm pretty sure he's here on a job, also like Hailey suggested, and that said job has to do with Sulani's mermaids, specifically the one that saved Hailey, as well as perhaps those goddesses that the tour guide (and then Ian) talked about, the Fire one and the Water one who fell out causing the latter to be banished to the sea (which I loved that lore so much). I really can't wait to see how that all ties together, but I do gotta say I love me some fire/ice stories, or in this case fire/water I guess, so I hope there might be some of that... hehe! :sweat_smile: I know whatever you come up with will be great!

3. Who is your least favorite character and why?

I gotta agree with @15aewar and say it's Sharon. Man, she's being nosy, overbearing and just mean as heck! I feel bad for Leo, and like I said in question one, I genuinely hope that they break up because she doesn't seem to be good for him (or honestly I'd say anyone for that matter LOL) at all.

Also been having some fun with the new Expansion Pack... though I've been mostly doing building stuff. Anyway, here's just one picture of the whole Eco Livin' thing that I did have time to play. :sweat_smile:
    1L36zae.png
    Can you guess who these Sims are? :scream::sweat_smile:

Also built my Sims a house, which is wacky as heck because I can't build any actual houses so I decided to just like, own up to the inevitable weirdness my builds will contain.
    TYyYTAP.png

Did you guys buy the new pack?

Also am excited to read and answer the question for whosever turn it is this week! <3
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    @katrinasforest Glad your week is going better. I hope you didn't have any damage and that it was just power outages. I agree with @Firande storms are scary. My boyfriend's place had trees fall from straight-line winds a few years back, and the year before a tornado took out some buildings in a nearby town. Luckily, the trees just barely missed his house, and I think his power was out for like two weeks. He ended up getting a generator because of it. It made us realize how much we depend on electricity. When I was a kid, a tornado took out most of the main street of my hometown. Thankfully, I didn't live in town and no one was severely injured or killed. But it's crazy how much damage can be done in such a short amount of time.

I'm not going to reveal much in response to your answers @katrinasforest and @Firande since I don't want to spoil anything. :) I'm always very happy to read everyone's thoughts and encouraging words. So, thanks for the great feedback! :)
    Ian is up to something, and he's really bad at hiding it, lol.
    Leo is very confident in himself, maybe a little too much at times, so I could definitely see how he could be hated. I will say that there's more to the couple than meets the eye. Hmm, mer-forms for Leo and Sharon, that's an interesting idea, katrinasforest. And I've written Sharon to be unlikeable, but she has reasons. Leo and Sharon are in a toxic relationship, so it is bound to fail.

@Firande Congratulations on your move! I'm really excited for you, living on a Mediterranean island sounds awesome!
    I can't tell for certain who the sims in the picture are. The sim with the curly hair looks sort of like Fenne, and I don't know who the two sims in the foreground are. It's amazing how sims look so different with a change of clothes and hair. And I like your container home! I think whacky builds work well with this new EP.

I did break down and buy the new pack, and it's better than I thought. It's not my favorite EP, but it's still decent. My sims have been doing a lot of dumpster-diving, and wow, sims throw out all kinds of good stuff. I like the new community lots, especially the garden lot! I was impressed that as soon as it was built, a bunch of sims showed up and starting planting stuff and taking care of the new insect boxes. Though, I think it's kind of weird that sims nurture and cuddle insects. Insects are cool, but in my book, they aren't very cuddly, but this is the sims, lol. And I also like that you can build container homes and this pack goes really well with the tiny living pack.
    @lone_cat Nope, no damage. Which was impressive because pretty much every other house on our street either had whole trees down or several large tree limbs in their yard. Oddly enough, the power went out again for a couple hours today. Hoping it's back for real this time!

@Firande Oh, wow! That sounds so exciting! Best of luck with your move! I haven't bought the new expansion pack yet. I'm being cheap and waiting until Nifty Knitting and the next game pack are out so I can get them as a bundle. I absolutely love your house design, though!

We are discussing @15aewar's Keeping Up With the Slayers this week.
    @15aewar

I would like to say for Keeping Up With The Slayers - I love how you let us participate with nominating 'eligible bachelors'!
    Chapter 7 of Not So Charmed is here! Sorry it took so long.
    15aewar wrote: »
    I don't have any questions this week. I haven't updated in so long. I'm sorry. :(

It's all good! I think you had only just started Caleb's plotline last time, so we can chat about how that all went, if you like.

Of course, my first question is, which bachelor is next on the list? ^_^

@lilypadmeulin Awesome! I'll get to reading as soon as I can. And I agree--the ability to nominate makes Keeping Up With The Slayers extra fun for us readers. :)
    I felt so sorry for Caleb! I have a bit of a soft spot for him, and so seeing how his arc went down made me really feel! Also Grim has had it up to here with Elvira's nonsense.
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited June 2020
    Dropping by to say hello (hope that's okay) and to give a gift...
    Vin got a merman makeover in a tropical-themed save...

49991317863_18a4e43338_z.jpg
    49991840561_e0a2b628ff_z.jpg

Hope you all have a great day! :)
    Post edited by NyteRose on
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow