Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want pre-teens?

aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
As I wait for Eco Lifestyle, I'm playing a sim couple who I want to have six kids but living in a small home (bunk beds would be great, but I digress). I'm only on child #2 but so far, it's fun. I realized as the kids get older, even though they are different ages, it SEEMS they are the same age when in the same life stage but adding pre-teens can add more variety. What's the consensus here about that? I am convinced that we will never see pre-teens, but one can dream.

Do you want pre-teens? 284 votes

YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
33%
CK213verlainemtinahjalmarbandit5alexspoom13AlexaiSimsweetiesam123joelygirlsims2shellbemeyesme88aaronrulzelanorbretonbugnbeccaSnuffyBucketKementarikerryemmiebethmercuryfoamfriendlysimmersalejandro15039 94 votes
NO! I don't want another life stage
52%
Akl500PBluegayleFrn0731bshag4lvGoth583IcewolfSamadamsPlayerjeepjeepcatalan650111IceyJCrazy4me000lisamwittCamkatAngel_mixPlayerSinger2010juliekayeAlrynnIsb917sennawalessimm621 150 votes
Neutral - have no opinion
14%
Kita5399Celticgamer0TheSpotted_CCorkysPetalsBloosmooMeteoraStormCynnaAjaGioLaniNeptuneakaniki0Amj1995LustianiciaMirichataydevJACKIEJOYbixtersmittenkitteFelicity1169annaliese39lovemy4s 40 votes

Comments

• AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    There are core issues that need to fixed. Unfortunately, adding another life stage would be something else to contribute to issues and detract from what appears to be a limited budget for other features that they could introduce into game.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    Yeeesss..:3
    I think a mobile version has pre-teens.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Yes, I want them.

No, I don‘t want them because I know that they wouldn‘t get any attention anyway. Barely any clothes, no unique interactions and animations, no activities, etc.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    Yes! Either pre-teens or at least improve the current teens so they aren't just thin young adults.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    There is nothing special about pre-teens that they can't add in to teens or children. Another life stage would just take away from what we already have.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Um, aren't preteens called kids?

Preteens are middle-school-aged, while the children we have in-game right now are elementary-school-aged (they seem 7 or 8 to me).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• gallerysims4gallerysims4 Posts: 267 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    I would love another life stage... I this is because it is so unrealistic when a Child suddenly grows twice their size (becoming in Teen).
    Feel free to check out my Instagram where I post pictures of my Sims 4 Legacy at https://instagram.com/gallery.sims4

Check out some Weekly CAS Challenges here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976290/weekly-cas-challenges

My SimLit Stories: https://gallerysims4.wixsite.com/simlit
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I don't want another life stage that will be pretty much ignored by most expansions and CC makers, and isn't really long enough, in my opinion, to be worth the effort. Proportionally, Pre-Teens would be maybe 4 days on normal lifespan, and there are probably better ways to represent that than a new figure with a scaled down, re-rigged wardrobe and modified existing animations.

I'd rather see that effort go to making more options available for kids and teens.
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    No, I think this is a pointless life stage that should just be lumped in with Teens. There's nothing really distinct about preteens that you can't do with kids or teenagers, and nothing really pivotal or iconic that defines this life stage like prom, etc.

I think Teens needed to have been built as a more unique life stage instead of just being young adults that get zits and go to grade school. I DESPISE that they're the same size as adults and young adults, and feel like this really detracted from them while simultaneously being an "easy out" in that they didn't have to make shorter models and design unique wardrobes for them. I think if they had been done this way, there wouldn't even be this conversation of needing preteens at all. So just give teens new, shorter models, and improve what needs to be improved about them, instead of trying to insert a "fix" life stage that should be what teens need to be.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    I just think they should give more gameplay to existing lifestages I don't personally need more of them

especially since i don't feel like there is "preteen specific" gameplay that couldn't just be added for either teen or kid

and visuals i honestly dont care that much like i suppose they could make teens less of a ya clone but that is about it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    Ideally I'd rather them spend time on Sims 5 to have dynamic aging so the differences aren't so drastic. I realize that'd make a bunch of cas issues but I'm sure they could find a work around for that. I'd settle for them changing teen to look younger. I hate that teen through elder looks the exact same.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    No I don't want another lifestage. I would prefer they focussed on developing existing lifestages, like elders and maybe teens, more.
    giphy.gif
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    just make the teens shorter. i dont want another lifestage there.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    Yes Please!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Oh no. Parenting toddlers, children, and teens is hard enough. I don’t want another life stage to put up with. :#

Oh yeah, for those that aren’t against modding, I think they have one that makes your teens shorter over at modthesims.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'm not against it, but it's not something I want either. If it's there it's there. I never play any sims younger than teen stage anyway, which isn't that often either.
  • GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
    I really don't know what kind of special interactions and gameplay they would have other than teenagers or children.
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I do not want another life stage.

I do want children to be able to do more!

I would like to have older relatives in the family-tree to have a special importance in the game. What is the point of having an ancient vampire ancestor lurking about if no one but me knows that they are related.

More rewards for building legacies that span generations.
  • OsnsnapitzharleyyOsnsnapitzharleyy Posts: 13 New Member
    Pre-teens would be a nice addition to the game, but it's not on my list for things I want. I feel like adding pre-teens might take away from other things like babies, and just adding more stuff to the already existing age groups.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can't think of anything pre-teens would do that I'd be interested in playing out that I can't do on the current children in game. Then again I'm not a family player. Maybe I'm more neutral than a hard no because I won't be upset if we get them. Meh..
    egTcBMc.png
  • shacoriashacoria Posts: 247 Member
    No, I think that would just be too much. I don't consider "pre-teen" or "tween" to be a real stage in life.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    YES!! I WANT PRE-TEENS!
    The teens we have look more like 17/18. I’d like 13/14 year olds too. There’s a huge gap right now between kids who look between, I’d say, 7 and 10 year olds and teens.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Imo only YA have lots of options, all the other life stages are somehow negleted, needing a lot of work to get to a good point. That's why i don't need a new life stage.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    It would be interesting to have short 'teenagers' who can't 'mess around' or the other semi-adult things teens to, but....I'm only VAUGELY interested in seeing how it would be developed, and certainly wouldn't argue for it -- dev time is limited and there's other stuff they could do.