Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 as a future PS5 game?!?! Sims 5 coming more sooner than later? **NEW LEAK FROM UK MAG**

KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
So...
Saw this...
https://www.psu.com/news/here-is-every-ps5-game-official-playstation-magazine-has-confirmed/

But take this as a grain of salt.

EDIT : It may show TS5 may be revealed at EA Play <3. I hope so!

EDIT 2 : https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/groxnd/the_sims_5_confirmed_in_uk_magazine/
j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

EDIT 3 : Sooo, EA play is announcing a new game with online features....
https://realsport101.com/sims/the-sims-5-ea-play-to-reveal-new-details-on-the-upcoming-game-release-date-online-features-graphics/

Guys.....

Looks like it'll be online too (oh no)
Post edited by KaeChan2089 on

Comments

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It doesn't say that it won't be released in pc (if we take this as true).
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    It doesn't say that it won't be released in pc (if we take this as true).

I hope so...
    Cause I was thinking to myself "They can't be that stupid."...but something inside me answered back going "Yes, they can."
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Why do you think there wont be a pc version? There is dying light 2 listed and it's confirmed for pc as well, Sims PC version is the best version because you get the best of both world (the control and custom content)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    Why do you think there wont be a pc version? There is dying light 2 listed and it's confirmed for pc as well, Sims PC version is the best version because you get the best of both world (the control and custom content)

Maybe because I find it odd that the first mention of TS5 is in a PS magazine -shrug-
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Wow, okay. That was unexpected. Either Playstation Magazine just did a huge mistake and revealed The Sims 5 before EA did, or this is just speculation on their part, like with the IGN article that was written by their own users.

As for the sims 5 coming out on PS5, I would not expect the sims 4 to be sold on the next-generation consoles which means that EA and Maxis have to make something else or they will fall behind. So I suspected that their next game will be for the next-generation consoles, and they are scheduled to be released by the end of the year.

That does not mean that it will not be released for PC though.
    logion wrote: »
    Wow, okay. That was unexpected. Either Playstation Magazine just did a huge mistake and revealed The Sims 5 before EA did, or this is just speculation on their part, like with the IGN article that was written by their own users.

As for the sims 5 coming out on PS5, I would not expect the sims 4 to be sold on the next-generation consoles which means that EA and Maxis have to make something else or they will fall behind. So I suspected that their next game will be for the next-generation consoles, and they are scheduled to be released by the end of the year.

Yeah thats the thing I don't get why did a console company be the first to announce and not the actual company.
    edited May 2020

Yeah thats the thing I don't get why did a console company be the first to announce and not the actual company.

EA play is June 11th, and this magazine is supposed to be released in June, so it is possible that they will announce the sims 5 during EA play.

EA play is June 11th, and this magazine is supposed to be released in June, so it is possible that they will announce the sims 5 during EA play.

I hope so! :3 I am more than ready <3. This makes me excited.
    edited May 2020

I hope so! :3 I am more than ready <3. This makes me excited.

Me too, however it is possible that this site just listed the sims 5 because it is likely that it will be for the next-generation consoles but EA has not confirmed anything. We will not know more until the magazine has been released...

However if it is true, well then EA and Maxis have to confirm it, because it would be really weird to have it listed for the playstation 5 but not have any sort of official announcement.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I'm so ready for it. Done with Sims 4, can't be fixed. Give me a Sims 2 remastered please.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    edited May 2020
    garapoes wrote: »
    I'm so ready for it. Done with Sims 4, can't be fixed. Give me a Sims 2 remastered please.

I would take the game play and animations of TS2, coupled with the open world and customization tools of TS3, and the CAS of TS4. TS2 by far has the best gameplay and animations of the series. It was also the most stable of all the games with relatively few bugs.

Though, whatever comes with TS5, it NEEDS to have a lot of these core EPs included in the base game. It's beyond the point in this game's life where things like weather, seasons, pets, laundry, and universities shouldn't already be in the base game.

You and me both. I've been so ready for TS5 for so long.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

I would take the game play and animations of TS2, coupled with the open world and customization tools of TS3, and the CAS of TS4. TS2 by far has the best gameplay and animations of the series. It was also the most stable of all the games with relatively few bugs.

Though, whatever comes with TS5, it NEEDS to have a lot of these core EPs included in the base game. It's beyond the point in this game's life where things like weather, seasons, pets, laundry, and universities shouldn't already be in the base game.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. If it really is coming out in 2021, it will be bare bones. They haven't been working on it for long enough. I know everyone wants the Sims 5, but honestly you'll just be getting more DLC and less value for your money.

With that said, I'm skeptical of this article, how was a PS magazine given this information before it was announced by EA? How did they get this information?
    edited May 2020
    Guys...

j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/groxnd/the_sims_5_confirmed_in_uk_magazine/

Dude...I am starting to think it's real!
    But online?!??! noooo
    Guys...

j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/groxnd/the_sims_5_confirmed_in_uk_magazine/

But online?!??! noooo

Exactly what we've all been saying. Online, subscription based. Not good!
    bixters wrote: »
    Guys...

j75ptzpnlc151.jpg

But online?!??! noooo

Exactly what we've all been saying. Online, subscription based. Not good!

Yeah that will NOT be very smart :(
    They never learn.
    edited May 2020
    What does the red dot next to them mean? It looks like it could mean speculation. The Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield have red dots next to them, and they're not coming out for years.

I think the red dots are speculation, yellow are confirmed but not much information, and green in confirmed with lots of information.

It also looks like they just copied and pasted info from that interview with that guy from EA about online play in the future. I'm skeptical.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's not that much of a surprise that, at some point, TS5 will be available on PS5 and Xbox, or even that they'll wait a little less long to port to console. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Guess we'll know soon if they'll show any of it at EA Play but I don't think so, and if I doubt it will have a release date.
  • ElDimentioElDimentio Posts: 38 Member
    What does the red dot next to them mean? It looks like it could mean speculation. The Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield have red dots next to them, and they're not coming out for years.

I think the red dots are speculation, yellow are confirmed but not much information, and green in confirmed with lots of information.

It also looks like they just copied and pasted info from that interview with that guy from EA about online play in the future. I'm skeptical.

This is it. If it's not coming out until around the time of TES 6 then we may not get Sims 5 until something like 2024. In other words, this magazine tells us absolutely nothing.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Looks like conjecture rather than confirmation to me.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Ugh, no thanks.
    edited May 2020
    ElDimentio wrote: »

This is it. If it's not coming out until around the time of TES 6 then we may not get Sims 5 until something like 2024. In other words, this magazine tells us absolutely nothing.

Well if the magazine is true, then they are telling us that Maxis is working on the sims5, something that they have not announced themselves. However I am more skeptical now when I saw the image. It makes me believe that their "confirmation" is the interview with the EA CEO Andrew Wilson where they asked him what was next for the sims. He said nothing about a sims5.

EA have said that their studios will make games for the next-generation consoles, and that could include Maxis, but they have not confirmed that. The other titles that they are listing are confirmed, so it is very odd for them to list the sims5 as a confirmed game.
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i doubt it is anywhere close to coming out. so i doubt that there will be an announcement for sims 5 anytime soon. id be very surprised if this ends up confirmed. if it is i really hope online is optional and not something thats required and that it is coming to pc along with consoles. which you would think it would come to pc 1st but if it came out the same time on console it would be ok. but hopefully online is optional. but like i said id be surprised if this was a real leak at this point in time.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • RavennaRavenna Posts: 58 Member
    it's the 2nd iteration of The Sims Online, which thank god really, I've bought almost every pack for Sims 4 and I'm not doing it again lol
    Check out my stuff on the Sims 4 gallery under the ID 'RavennaSanguine'