Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just got the game (install in progress)...

I'm pleased to now be a member of the TS3 community. One of our local stores was selling the game a few hours early. I'm going to either cancel my EB preorder or give it to a family member. Tonight I'm going to experiment around with and learn the features of the game.

I think there will be somewhat of a learning curve as I hear the gameplay is quite different than TS2.

The people on this forum seem very helpful.

Comments

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Lol lucky someone could get fired for that. As for me I have the Direct to drive version but the download manager won't let me download it... I'm guessing its because its not midnight yet.
  • judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having the same difficulty getting my game....I ordered the downloadable version from EA, it's showing up as downloadable but won't download yet. EA says it will be available to download at 7am pacific time!
    edited June 2009
    what!? thats not fair, everyone in the gaming community knows that midnight releases are the only way to go 8) where did you read that?
  • Ivn200518Ivn200518 Posts: 165 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AHHH I Just installed the game! just wanted to let everyone know lol, i'm off to play it!!!! :D
    edited June 2009
    Ivn200518 wrote:
    AHHH I Just installed the game! just wanted to let everyone know lol, i'm off to play it!!!! :D

That is soooo cruel... you won't make friends that way. How did you install and download it?
    edited June 2009
    what!? thats not fair, everyone in the gaming community knows that midnight releases are the only way to go where did you read that?

I was trying to figure out why it would not download, went to EA Homepage for the download and in fine print it said, game will be available for download at 7am pacific time.
  • joshe_57joshe_57 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just got mine at Wal-Mart. 3rd person to buy.
    Almost done installing now.
    I'm so excited... even though I am now broke. haha

Oh, and I was joshey4858 on The Sims 2 forums.
    edited June 2009
    Arrrrggg....now seriously kicking self... for some reason, I thought I might get the game quicker by just downloading it. that was after asking son who works at Walmart to get it for me and he was not able to! For some reason the Walmart here did not have it yet!
  • TaylorLea32TaylorLea32 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Arrrrggg....now seriously kicking self... for some reason, I thought I might get the game quicker by just downloading it. that was after asking son who works at Walmart to get it for me and he was not able to! For some reason the Walmart here did not have it yet!

yeah i'm almost wishing i would had just gone out at midnight and bought it. but i have school tomorrow so i doubt that'd go over well haha. i really hope the download works at midnight!
  • JPWritingJPWriting Posts: 279 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I hear you, got burned on digital download delivery issues myself - which is why I don't do them anymore unless the game is already released.

I was truly astonished when the game arrived in my mailbox on Saturday, I was sure I wouldn't have it until the 2nd or 3rd.
  • HILNUSHILNUS Posts: 245 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No the download wont initiate till 7 am PST. That and the fact that the digital copy uses securom I canceled my order and just went to Wal-Mart to get a physical copy.
    edited June 2009
    Ummmmmmm well,it's 1am here and still will not download. And, now I am think I might as well go to bed, get up early and hope it downloads so I can try it out before I have to work tomorrow afternoon. But, then I have Wednesday off so I fight with daughter for time to play it!

I really haven't had problems before with the downloading, but then those were with already released games. I am just grumbling and whining right now cause I can't play yet!
  • naifsgirl88naifsgirl88 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    AHH! just got the game.. 1 in the morning haha.. its downloading as i type!! woohhoo this is going to be great!! happy simming!!
    edited June 2009
    AHH! just got the game.. 1 in the morning haha.. its downloading as i type!! woohhoo this is going to be great!! happy simming!!
    Downloading or Installing? Did you get the Digital Download or a physical cd?
    edited June 2009
    did you notice that the forum says its 6am... that means at 12 pst the forum will say 7am I'm hoping that my logic is right.
  • Jovan1077Jovan1077 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I just got my copy of the sims 3 this morning, (thanks ups); however, my game is very slow, I have to wait forever for my sims to move around and complete tasks, is anyone else having the same problem. Also, the graphics seem a little off, will EA release a update soon to fix these issues. Can my computer be the problem, here are my comp. specs:

-Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
    -5.0 GB RAM
    -Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
    -Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, Video RAM 286 MB, Pixel shader 2.0, video card 3D
    -DirectX 10
    -Free disk space 300 GB
  • naifsgirl88naifsgirl88 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2009
    its the physical installing cd.. sorry i should be more clear, too freakin excited!!
    edited June 2009
    Jovan1077 wrote:
    I just got my copy of the sims 3 this morning, (thanks ups); however, my game is very slow, I have to wait forever for my sims to move around and complete tasks, is anyone else having the same problem. Also, the graphics seem a little off, will EA release a update soon to fix these issues. Can my computer be the problem, here are my comp. specs:

-Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz
    -5.0 GB RAM
    -Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition
    -Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family, Video RAM 286 MB, Pixel shader 2.0, video card 3D
    -DirectX 10
    -Free disk space 300 GB

Seems your computer is fine except for the Graphics card. I think that is where your problem is.
    My Specs are(its a desktop)
    -Pentium Core 2 Duo e6750 2.66ghz
    -2gb Ram
    -Windows XP Pro 32 bit.
    -BFG Tech Nvidia Geforce 9800gtx 180.48 Drivers
    -DirectX 9.0c

Its running very smooth, I have max settings.
  • Ivn200518Ivn200518 Posts: 165 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Ivn200518 wrote:

That is soooo cruel... you won't make friends that way. How did you install and download it?

I got it at walmart at midnight! sorry i don't get why it's cruel?
    edited June 2009
    Ivn200518 wrote:
    Ivn200518 wrote:

I got it at walmart at midnight! sorry i don't get why it's cruel?

I was joking because it felt like you were rubbing it in that you had the game while us downloaders are still waiting on them to let us download it. 8)
  • vintagebeefetvintagebeefet Posts: 1 New Member
    Im just here to get xp 🙃
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @vintagebeefet
    Welcome to the forums, your best bet would be to post
    This is an old thread from 2009 and will probably be locked.

New Member thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members#latest

Posting the same thing over and over might also be considered spam, so your best bet would be to jump into conversations
    You could even join us on our "What happened in your game today?" thread and tell us about your sims.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    While this is indeed a very old thread, it gave me a big smile to see the excitement of those excitedly waiting for Sims 3.