Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Straud Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *updated 13/08/2022*

Comments

• QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    There's a lot that makes me bills skyrocket :D

Oh boy :/ That is bad... But at least you had fun ^^

Already a baby :o WOW! I always peek at the kids as YA as soon as they're toddlers :joy: Just can't help it lol

To the chapter:
    The scoring for different traits doesn't have to do anything with Vlad :) Only the spouses are important to look at. You get a point for Caly and when the gen 2 spouse has 3 different traits from Caly, you get another point :)

You try for baby without a house? :o You like playing hard, huh? ^^

You can wait out to get the pregnancy announcement without a test :) That's how I found out about the surprise twins :#

Oh gosh, the weaknesses thing is annoying! There are only 11 so you have to pick 10 of them if you want to give him new perks -.-

I've never heard the egg sucking thing :joy: But I'm not an English native speaker, sooo...

Love the first chapter! The extreme start is so fun to watch. :p
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited May 2020
    @Queenarella I'm still glad I began with no money even if I didn't get a point as it was fun to do - I've never done it before :)
    I peeked at what the baby would look like as a YA as soon as it was born lol (I aged it up to a toddler then looked in CAS but then I exited without saving so I didn't actually skip the baby stage). I was too impatient to know haha.
    Oh I see :) there's so much I find confusing about the scoring... And so much to keep track of. I think I'll be hopeless at keeping score :D

I was too curious to see what their kids would look like so I couldn't wait!

I know that you can wait for the game to tell you that your sim is pregnant... But the sooner your sim finds out they are pregnant, the shorter the pregnancy is. It takes one day for the game to tell you your sim is pregnant and then your sim is in the first trimester. But if you take a test straight away they go into the first trimester immediately. I said I was impatient ;)

With the weaknesses, it is annoying but there is more than 11 weaknesses since some of the weaknesses have multiple levels to them. For example, the thin skin one has three levels so I can pick that one three times for it to count as three weaknesses.

It's a weird expression. If you say something is like teaching your grandmother to suck eggs it means you're teaching someone something that they are already an expert about.
    Thank you! It was fun to play too :)
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I must say that you offer Vlad and Caly a very tough start :#
    It is apparently Caly's luck that she is erratic, because it does not seem to affect her. She misses wedding dress, party and glamor :'( .... but the love blossoms between Vlad and Caly <3
    I understand you think it's cute when they automatically kiss each other ... It is cute! :blush: ... and a sign that it was the right contestant who won ;)

I love that Turne came by and objected to the marriage :joy:
    Look what you lost Turner! ...Imagine sleeping on a bench in snowy weather while waiting for your first child :astonished:

I hope Vlad and Caly can afford a shed before the baby is born…. Otherwise, I fear for the survival of mother and child :fearful:
    NB: I don't understand why Vlad should have so many weaknesses ...
    Here's a screenshot of Keoni's vampire traits after completing his quest as a good Vampire.
    I can only count it to 5 weaknesses.
    Maybe the requirements for a good Vampire are different?
    2jAVEUSl.png
    edited May 2020
    @MonaSolstraale
    Poor Caly... But I always hate the bother of weddings anyway so most of my sims elope even if they can afford a wedding :D

Aww glad it's not just me who thinks it's cute! Vlad hasn't even autonomously been mean to her yet (long may that last!)

Turner got lucky even if he doesn't realise it yet ;)

Don't worry, by the time the baby was born they had a kind of house (well, 4 walls and a roof!)

The reason why Vlad has so many weaknesses is a glitch. I'm so bad at explaining things so this may not make sense but basically Vlad exists in the game as a premade vampire who is already a grand master. I wanted him to be a fledgling again so I cheated his rank down from grand master to fledgling. Grand master vampires are required to have 5 weaknesses. When I cheated Vlad back down to a fledgling a glitch happened and the number of weaknesses he was required to have stayed at 5. Still, every time his rank goes up one the game adds another weakness onto his required number of weaknesses. So when he is a minor vampire he will need to have 6 weaknesses etc up until when heis a grand master when he will need to have 10.

Basically, every time your vampire goes up a vampire rank they need to take one weakness but usually they begin with no weaknesses. Vlad is beginning with 5 weakness points because he had 5 weakness points as a grand master and when I cheated down his rank his weakness points stayed the same rather than resetting. He is still required to take an additional weakness every time he ranks up though which means he will end up with double the normal weaknesses

It's hard to explain, sorry! It's my fault for cheating down his rank - it caused his vampire weakness points to glitch.
    @MaggieMarley I don't think you have a hard time explaining yourself. I think I also have some linguistic barriers that make me misunderstand the meaning .... but where there is will there is a way :)
    Sounds like a hard Glitch. I think of some of the vampire weaknesses almost counteract each other :/
  • 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    I hope Turner finds someone else soon. It breaks my heart to see him so sad...especially when he dodged such a big bullet!
    edited May 2020
    @MonaSolstraale nah honestly it's probably just my explanation. I'm not sure why but sometimes I have a hard time explaining things clearly and concisely! I was reading what I wrote thinking that even I was confused by it! The main thing is that because I cheated Vlad's vampire rank down from grand master to fledgling his vampire weaknesses no longer match his current rank and more weaknesses keep being added as he levels up so he will end up having double the weaknesses that he should. I can't find a way around it but at least it will make me use vampire weaknesses that I normally don't touch so that will be interesting :)

@15aewar I hope so too! I thought about setting him up with Bunny but I discovered that she is married with triplets now :( he's the only contestant still single... But he has had the least time of all of them so it makes sense I guess. I will keep an eye on him and as soon as I see that he's married I'll include it in a post :)
    That's one of the coolest parts of a legacy, looking at the kids' looks :D Now I'm impatient to see the child :p
    I have everything in an excel map on my computer :D I can screenshot every part and send you the screenshots so you can copy it? I would send the excel map but I have no idea how :D I'd give you an empty version of course :)

True! :D I wouldn't wait to see if my sim is pregnant if it was a planned pregnancy. The twins were a risky woohoo punch in the face :joy:

Oh I see! I didn't know the weaknesses had levels, too :)

Why is a grandmother an expert in sucking eggs? Why do people suck eggs anyway? :joy:
    7dd538e7a57d929a37151a74500b61f9.jpg

Can't wait to see the next chapter :)
    edited May 2020
    Seeing what the kids turn out like is always my favourite part of the game!
    That would be so kind of you! Hmm I'm not sure how you could send the excel document itself because I'm awful with computers. You could email it to me if I PM'd you my email address but I get it if you don't want a stranger knowing your email address :D there might be a way to do it with google drive... I don't want to put you to too much effort though. Screenshots are great!

I've switched on risky woohoo at 5% and I kinda want an accident haha.

Obelix! I love the Asterix cartoons so much - ah my childhood :) I have no idea where the expression comes from... I always thought it was very weird :D
    Same! Genetics back in TS2 is what made me fall in love with Sims :)
    I honestly think it would be easier to have the map instead of the screenshots because I added some simple forms that can be helpful :) I have no idea how to send it tho as I'm awful with computers, too :joy: I have a dropbox where I could put it for you. Need to find out how it works tho :D

When I switched it on I wanted it, too, and it never happened. Then I forgot about and and BAM awful timing lol

Same! I've read all comics :love:

Chapter:
    I love how it looks like Vlad started burning from the nose :joy:

Nooooo! Why are there so many darn glitches? :/ I guess the devs will fix it in the next patch. At least I hope so.

As far as I know you're allowed to download a house from the gallery :) But you can't use any cheats for it. :p

Yes, make a dragonfruit goldmine :D It brings A LOT. You need to graft a dragonfruit first tho. Or find one. For grafting it you need strawberries and snap dragons :)

I think lot traits aren't allowed. I'm not sure about it tho.

Haha, Turner is a bit of a stalker now, huh? ^^

Yes! Scylla B) Perfect name :p Now I hope she'll turn out ugly :joy:

Wait, I thought vampire mermaid hybrids aren't a thing anymore?

Love how the other contestants' kids look like! And mermaid triplets! How awesome is that? :o
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Scylla is the perfect name and I am so HYPED to see whether she'll be a vampire or a mermaid. Eek!
    @Queenarella ah I do own the TS2 ultimate collection but I just can't get into it now that I'm used to TS4's graphics. I can't go back to TS3 either for the same reason. I'm so shallow!
    Oh dropbox, that rings a bell... But I have no idea how you would share things with it :D you're so kind to try to help me! I don't want you to waste too much of your time (I'd feel guilty!) so don't worry about sending me the actual spreadsheet if you can't do it easily. Screenshots would be helpful too :)

Lol maybe I will regret it too! Caly and Vlad are going to have 4 planned kids like you said over PM but if they get a fifth accident I may be mad about it... It would probably end up being the ugliest one too!

I haven't read all of the comics as I think there are some newer ones that came out but one day maybe I will hunt down the ones I haven't read!
    I suppose the nose is the most exposed area.. Given how big it is lol.

I'm just worried the next patch will break the mod that I am using to fix the acting career glitch :(

Awesome, thanks! Although I might make them live in an awful house built by me ;)

Thank you so much for the tips on grafting dragon fruit! Because it's winter I can't find any snap dragons so I may have to wait until it warms up. I've heard you can find dragon fruit at the spice festival so I can also wait for that to roll around.

Haha well with Vlad as her father she's unlikely to be a stunner!

No they are still a thing. They only got rid of vampire-alien hybrids :(

@lilypadmeulin
    I agree, it's a great name for her! Scylla turned out to be both a vampire and a mermaid (she is a hybrid). Hybrids aren't meant to happen and are glitchy so once she is a teen I'm going to have to cure her of either being a vampire or being a mermaid - I haven't decided which yet though.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Fun chapter!!

Caly is the best wife for Vlad. It’s so funny how poor Turner keeps showing up. He needs a mate and fast!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I loved this chapter!
    I wonder what the next baby's name will be? I'm excited to find out!
    edited May 2020
    Turner! Not again! :scream:
    ... and Santa is also being drained of blood :open_mouth:
    I love how Caly doesn't see her husband's flaws ... she is totally in her own divine world :joy:

Wow! Candy's dark form looks more like the double salt licorice with chili than regular sweets B)
    When I see how Vlad throws Keoni like a cloth doll, I regret not giving him a really ugly dark shape ... Vlad deserves some resistance, but I think Candy must do the job here ;)

NB: A picture from my world ....
    It's easy to guess who is the father of the child. I love that the cat sits next to the boy while Cassandra reads stories

7VoF55ll.png
    Post edited by MonaSolstraale on
    Once you're used to TS4 graphics, everything looks awful :D I still remember when the first pics of TS4 came out. I hated the style :D Now I can't look at TS3 pictures... :D

I haven't forgotten about the map thingy. I'll just google how I can put it in my dropbox and make it public for you. Then you'll get it :)

My monsters didn't turn out ugly but their father is James and not Vlad :joy: What made me so angry about the surprise pregnancy was that the 3 older kids were almost young adults, Melina already was a young adult... And James is so old :/ Sophie already grew up wihtout her dad and I didn't like it :/ She only knew him as a ghost.

Only a few weeks ago a new one was published. I found it by accident in a book store and bought it :D Took me one hour to read it and then I gave it to my dad to read it :)
    Hm, there are only 5 features that make Vlad's offspring ugly: the eyebrows (least problem tho), the eyes, the nose, the chin and the mouth :D Oh, and maybe also the flat face thing :joy: It's less than in a BOTU. And maybe you'll be lucky from the start :)

The patch will be huge :# But maybe we're lucky and the career will be fixed with the patch. The acting aspiration is still something I haven't done yet either. :/

You can google when the snapdragons are in season. Same for strawberries :) The dragonfruit in my legacy was in James' inventory when he got another promotion in the gardener career. But it doesn't pay well so it's not good for the founding couple :#

I keep forgetting about that :D I can see you let Scylla be either a vampire (you play vampires a lot) or a mermaid (it would go along with her name :D ). Either way, it'll be great :)

Finally the cooments about the new chapter :love:
    Caleb awkwardly waving at the camera :joy:

Lovely to see the vampires again!

We all know judgmental women in their 40s like Clara, don't we? :D

The house doesn't look as bas as you say :p It's normal that the founder home is a box :D

Who would have thought that someone would say "handsome husband" to Vlad and not in a sarcastic tone? :D

How come the real Father Winter visited your sims? I always get a copy of him, usually with a red beard :joy:

You don't get a legacy point for it but this counts as a gold party :)
    @pammiechick
    Turner does have a wife now! And he seems to have two children with different women (not his wife) so I'd say he's getting over Vlad :D

@lilypadmeulin thank you!
    The baby will be born in the next chapter so you'll find out then :)

@MonaSolstraale
    They do say love is blind, don't they? :D

Haha that's a very good analogy! She's still beautiful in her dark form though of course.

Don't worry, Vlad defeated Roland first time too. I was just surprised that he had any trouble beating Candy! Keoni is too sweet to fight aggressively I think :)

I noticed from your profile picture that Keoni had found a partner in your game! So it's Cassandra! Great match! I hope you will share what their child grows up to look like.

@Queenarella
    I wasn't convinced by the cartoony graphics at first either but they've really grown on me :)
    Thank you so much! You are awesome <3

I hope James lives for a long time yet. Since he completed the bodybuilder aspiration he hopefully will do. I've only had a sim complete that once (the wife of my second gen BOTU heir) and she seemed to live a long time so I think it adds quite a few bonus days.

Now you've made me so nostalgic for Asterix...

It's unlikely that any of the kids will fail to inherit all of those features from Vlad but there are worse than others. Like, the weird skin and grey hair aren't so bad and I don't much mind the eyes or eyebrows. I wonder how long it will take to breed Vlad out...

I hope to do the acting aspiration once Caly finished with the celebrity one. I love the acting career so much!

When I googled it I think it said snapdragons are in season in Spring and Summer and it's almost Spring now so hopefully soon :)

I might have to wait and see what life states all the other kids get and then decide on that basis which lifestate Scylla gets to keep.
    I love how Caleb actually seemed awkward about it!

haha yes we do!

Maybe but you will see what I mean by my lack of building talents when they have more money and are still in a box house :D I just don't have the skill to build and also I find it boring so when I do build (which is rare) I spend as little time on it as possible.

Caly is the only one in the world who sees Vlad that way but that's kinda cute.

I find that Clement Frost usually turns up on the firsts Winterfest but after that the game will move him into a house or assign him a job, making him ineligible to be Father Winter anymore, or he gets culled or dies and so he gets replaced. I've marked him not to move into houses, not to get a career, not to marry, not to die etc with MCCC so hopefully he keeps coming back every Winterfest in this game.

Thank you! Right now I need to find out what you get for a gold party :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    ROFL about Turner!
    Glad he's moved on... ;)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I checked and he has 37.5 bonus days. But it doesn't say how many there are left of them :sweat_smile:

Vlad seems to have the strongest genes ever. I guess the skin will take the longest to breed out but you don't mind it anyway :)

It's an easy career but the acting skill is kinda hard to max :D But I didn't understand that you could practice it at the mirror, too, for a loooong time :joy:

Yeah that sounds familiar ^^ Strawberries are spring, too, if I recall correctly. It will take some time when you grafted the spliced plant to get a dragonfruit tho :sweat_smile: But it's worth the wait. One nice dragonfruit already brings 361 or so Simoleons ^^

But what if they're all hybrids? :D

I tried to build a new legacy house recently. My favorite tool is and will always be the bulldozer. I just wasn't happy with it so I keep the old one :D Building is so exhausting!

She's the only one in the universe!

I thought a patch made Clement stay in the bin and don't get a job and spouse and all? I still have the original Father Winter, he lives in hte bin and still, I get a new Father Winter. And of course with a red beard. Once there has been one with a blue beard :joy:

For a gold party you get 3 medal points. For a silver party you get 2 and for bronze you get one. And for a certain amount of medal points you get a scoring point :) I alreay sent you the map, I hope it helps you :)
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    I've said this on wordpress before already, but choosing Strahd as the founder of a bachelor legacy is absolutely hilarious. The only thing to top that is probably 100 baby challenge Strahd, hehe. If his heirs are just as entertaining, I'm eager to get caught up!
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @pammiechick me too :) I was feeling sad for him!

@Queenarella
    That is a lot of bonus days! I didn't know they got so many :o

So long as it's not the nose that I get stuck with it's all good :D

I'm making Caly do a lot of practising in the mirror so hopefully she doesn't take too long to max it :)

Bit of a spoiler: I've played ahead and I have grafted snap dragon onto strawberry plant now. I've heard that the chances of getting dragon fruit are low though :(

Another minor spoiler but I've played until the birth of the third child and I have checked what life states those three kids have - they are not all hybrids :)

You're really good at building, your legacy family is lucky! I feel for Vlad and Caly haha.

I didn't know about the patch. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if he keeps turning up every Winterfest or if he gets replaced...

Thank you :) and thank you so much again for sending it to me, it's amazing <3

@_sims_Yimi thank you :) he is a fun sim to play. I hope you enjoy reading!