Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    The dumpster is awesome for rags. I want to start a legacy with no money and only a dumpster. My sims will eat and sleep in the dumpster and bath at the gym.

Wait they can sleep in it? How did I miss that 😂
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think I won't have a pool at my new house after all. There's too many other things to have there. Might have room for a hot tub though.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    I’m going to move my lesbian couple pigeon and nylah to become eco warriors and start a family 😊
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    First I will play a bit in the new world to check it out etc. But my main goal is to finally be able to achieve a living off the grid eco-friendly save where Windenburg is a communal, chilled, and one with nature town.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited May 2020
    my new plan is to bring up some of my sims skills and get them ready for the new pack and get one sim married with a few kids so i can see them with the new traits and new clothing, i'm also building.. i found a few floor plans online for containers homes, i want to try out but the one i want to play i'm waiting for the pack or patch,
    First I will play a bit in the new world to check it out etc. But my main goal is to finally be able to achieve a living off the grid eco-friendly save where Windenburg is a communal, chilled, and one with nature town.

Did or are you get/ting the pack to review? I always enjoy reading yours!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    Will create three new families (in different games) to try out each new hood and all the new traits and aspirations and jobs. But can't wait to see how my older saves will deal with the NAPs. Thinking to just let the NPCs decide the directions.
  • SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2020
    The thoughts of a cult leader, commune leader and husband of a -sister's wives- type sim living on an off-grid farm comes to mind. His only job to brew fizz juice a shed between their container house, and spread his message of grill cheese to the sim-nation.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think Bob Pancakes it going to love this pack. He always did love playing in the trash. Going to drive Eliza Pancakes nuts too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    The thoughts of a cult leader, commune leader and husband of a -sister's wives- type sim living on an off-grid farm comes to mind. His only job to brew fizz juice a shed between their container house, and spread his message of grill cheese to the sim-nation.

I have a feeling the cult might want to vote for free love xD
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I have a household already doing that in Sulani, except their income is from a 'medicinal plant' they grow via a mod. Player trait on all the sims. Every sim has a romantic relationship with every other sim they are not related to. I actually enjoy playing this household a lot, very chill and cute romance stuff going on everywhere. Do recommend!
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Here are my plans so far:

I just learned that a physics degree will help with advancement in the new civil designer career. I have a sim with a distinguished physics degree who is already a level 10 + 3 mechanical engineer and still a young adult. So when the pack comes I might have him switch jobs.
    Right now he lives in a tiny home with his wife (computer engineer) and two small children.
    aRAvuP8.png
    When the children get older and need more space, I plan to have them move back to grandma's seaside manor in Brindleton Bay.
    SVmZQYT.png
    She is a scientist, and my plan has been to have mother and son open a retail shop where they sell inventions, serums, robots, geodes from Sixam and other craftables and collectibles tied to their careers. If he switches careers, that will also include the new eco inventions. And of course I'll have the house go green by installing wind turbines and solar panels, having them grow more plants and vote for eco friendly NAPs for their neighborhood community. I want to see the aurora in Brindleton!

In Sulani, I have a sim who just aged up to young adult and moved into the old shipwreck. He lives off the grid and works as a diver and fisher, and is living off the land by fishing and growing edible plants.
    ii8ZaHP.png
    I can't wait for the patch and the pack to bring improvements to off the grid living, and have him be able to recycle and find useful things in dumpsters. I want to have him marry someone who becomes a freelance crafter, so they can sell candles and fizzy juices as well as woodwork, fish and produce. They'll get some insect farms and bee houses too, and gradually improve their plot of land and make the house fit for starting a family.

I also have a teen i Willow Creek who is going to Uni soon. Somehow I'll have her move to Evergreen Harbor after graduating, but I haven't worked out the details yet.
    aRAvuP8.png
    Question about murphy beds - do these drive none of you crazy? My sims either randomly put them up and down and one of them broke literally every.single.night. And then my sims would not trust beds and not sleep for hours on end :( Do you just level up handiness skill and fix them right away or did I have a particularly murderous version of the murphy bed?
    In Sulani, I have a sim who just aged up to young adult and moved into the old shipwreck. He lives off the grid and works as a diver and fisher, and is living off the land by fishing and growing edible plants.
    ii8ZaHP.png
    You make me want to live on this lot soooo bad. It's so pretty <3 And I love the look of your sim!

CelSims wrote: »

I have a household already doing that in Sulani, except their income is from a 'medicinal plant' they grow via a mod. Player trait on all the sims. Every sim has a romantic relationship with every other sim they are not related to. I actually enjoy playing this household a lot, very chill and cute romance stuff going on everywhere. Do recommend!

B***mental??? :D Cause I love that mod and it's so good for this type of gameplay xD Plus I think there's gonna be an update out on June 2nd so maybe it won't break when EL releases?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    B***mental??? :D Cause I love that mod and it's so good for this type of gameplay xD Plus I think there's gonna be an update out on June 2nd so maybe it won't break when EL releases?

Yes I enjoy it with certain households :) I'm assuming all mods will break with the June 2nd patch so I've organized my mods folder to make it easier to remove all and find culprits that are broken. I kept MCCC in a separate folder in the hope that one is ok, as I can't imagine playing without all the autonomy I have switched on with it lol.

BTW use MCCC Tuner on the Murphy bed and turn the action to put the bed down off. My sims only get to nap on theirs until it's upgraded, if I plan to keep them around a while.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Question about murphy beds - do these drive none of you crazy? My sims either randomly put them up and down and one of them broke literally every.single.night. And then my sims would not trust beds and not sleep for hours on end :( Do you just level up handiness skill and fix them right away or did I have a particularly murderous version of the murphy bed?

I've only had murphy beds in two households, both with handy sims who were able to upgrade the bed quickly. Before they got upgraded they broke almost every night. I haven't seen my sims randomly putting the bed up and down, and none have been killed. But like I said I've taken precautions and upgraded the bed.
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    > @somewhsome said:
    > 1) Gonna pollute Mirage Park, neighborhood in Oasis Springs where Johnny Zest lives, and probably Spice Market. Maybe I'll make Windenburg island and Brindleton Bay beach neighborhood green, but I'm not sure.
    > 2) Let my Leslie Knope sim persuade others to vote for community gardens. More parks! And maybe Ron Swanson will try to sabotage her and make people vote for maker space. “People who buy things are suckers”, after all 😂
    > 3) Create a poor family who lives in a shipping container and play sort of Rags to Riches/Runaway teen mix with it.

Omg! This sounds fun! I haven't really thought about what I'm going to do, I'll have to think on it some!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Move my sims straight into the new apartments and then make everyone wear bags on their heads :D
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    edited May 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    Move my sims straight into the new apartments and then make everyone wear bags on their heads :D

Someone should mod those bags into face masks. Would be very appropriate for pollution time and at least we'll be able to see the sims faces a bit.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I love the eco living rags to riches James turner did in his vids. Perhaps I’ll do something like that
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    edited May 2020

I'm going to finish building my shipping container greenhouse build.
    vCTiqlj.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    No plans as I never plan in Sims 4.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I've already got a trailer and bunker site in the Oasis Springs world trying to emulate an Area 51 area for my refugees from StrangerVille but now I've got to find in which of my various kept Saves it is!

It's going to get very polluted first but then resurrected just to see what Maxis does to it.

I've decided to pre-order Eco Lifestyle after all.

I've seen several packs to be won from various game-changers etc on Twitter so if you can't afford it you could try winning a copy!
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I'm also setting up my sims. Nothing like starting a new game with a sim downloaded from my gallery and finding out she has zero handy skill. The small house I built for fixing all my sims' skills, hair color, and outfits, only has a murphy bed.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I just realized I can’t put pictures in yet since I’m still a new member. Sorry, I’ll update all of these when I get promoted.

Your house looks amazing! You really nailed that islander feel. I’m getting “I was earning six digits a month in the city but that’s not the life for me” vibes from it. Hope that makes sense. ;)

I totally understand the window thing. There are some in my current build that I’d want adjusted too. And speaking of windows, have you seen all of the new ones we’re getting? I have big plans for that massive sliding door for another build. I’m just too excited for this pack!

Thanks for the help @SimTrippy I'm a full fledged member now!

I'll keep things in the spoiler tag so it won't clutter up your thread.
    As promised, here're my game updates! My simself, Jaik is a YA 3 days away from turning into an adult. He used to be an Angel Investor but I got bored so I made him quit and enrolled him in Foxbury for a pretend masters degree.

o0JeDQK.png

Here is where he currently resides. (It's currently winter. I know it's not the best for taking screenshots but it shows how the modern part sticks out.)
    ORFuXmj.png

Here's the house in a different season. I made him live in the modern part with a bunch of NPC roommates and they all pay him rent.
    HHUkgSi.png

IRL the house has limited windows because we are sharing walls with the neighbors. The modern house has it worse because it's just next to an alleyway similar to that lot in Evergreen Harbor (which is why I want to plop this down there) so it only has high windows. I tried keeping it in game but you can only decorate so much with all these walls.
    YePiFNH.png

I hope this "roof garden" and sunroom/seating space I made on the second floor for them to chill on actually has an effect on the overall eco footprint of the neighborhood.
    6m8b8R2.png

Here's the rooftop. Hopefully those slatted windows from IL would match with the EL vertical gardens' swatches so I can put them on the left side (near the exercise machine). The wooden box thing on the right is an air well that opens to the laundry below. I don't know how what to do with it so it's just like that. :#
    nlgIc1j.png

Hopefully all the other simmers would follow suite. If they're like us and just continue playing with their active households, I'd actually want to see how they plan to play with EL too. :)

Oh congratz!! Hadn't seen this yet :D Your hose (lol, obviously I meant your HOUSE :D) is really, really cool, I love it. I think it'll indeed work well with this pack. Is it on the gallery by any chance?

Thank you! :blush: Unfortunately it isn't, I've never actually uploaded anything to the gallery. I get so anxious with the things I make (sims and builds). Whenever I think I'm done, I find something unsatisfactory about them and I tweak them again. It's a never-ending cycle. But I'll consider it.