Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone seen this?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I think we’re getting cars. I also think that’s why the fire people don’t have a truck because they aren’t done switching out the fx roads yet.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    My moodlet just went from fine to happy.
  • Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    If true, they need to add functioning garage doors as well. Then I could finally build all my old Sims 3 lots.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2020
    logion wrote: »
    I hope it's true.
    They are updating the game with how your bills are calculated, and we also have a repoman now so maybe cars will be really expensive to own.
    If "transportation" is a filter in the inventory update then maybe you can have a car in your inventory.

I sure hope so. I miss being able to buy expensive cars and second homes in order to spend my millions. There aren't enough pricey things to buy, currently. I never liked the car in inventory thing, though.
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    like i said on reddit, i'll believe it when i see it. i don't want to get my hopes up like i did with that fake country living leak.

The main difference is that this person also leaked info about the expansion and patch (all of which was true,) so it's unlikely that this one is fake.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Meh, and still no hint of OFFICIAL body hair, which should be WAY easier to code than cars in a game that has closed world...
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    It's the same person that gave us the other 5 correct leaks for EL, so it might be true, who knows. Wouldn't surprise me too much with all the requests for cars. Just like babies wouldn't surprise me. At this point, I don't care too much for either, BUT I'm happy for those that want them, as always. At least I hope our teens get to do their driver's licenses then, gives them something to do eh :joy:
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I never really used cars much and don't miss them, but happy for people that want them
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    like i said on reddit, i'll believe it when i see it. i don't want to get my hopes up like i did with that fake country living leak.

The main difference is that this person also leaked info about the expansion and patch (all of which was true,) so it's unlikely that this one is fake.

its unlikely, but you never know. people can post bs stuff at anytime, just because they were right for the expansion doesn't mean everything they say should be taken as truth as if EA announced it themselves.

and i'll be glad to be wrong, cause i really really want cars, but you can't blame me for being a little skeptical.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    It’s fun to think about but I won’t believe it til I see it. They might have been right about the other leaks but those probably came from a GameChanger. This is too long term for them. It could also be something that they say to stir up the community with before leaving- we saw how bad the Country Living fake leak upset people.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I believe it because it's exactly what I've been predicting all along... so wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised.
    THat being said, I have no interest in cars, so happy for those that want them if it's true but don't care either way myself haha!

It WOULD make much sense...then I might not be so angry because they made Eco Living..-shrug-
    And answer my question of why they made it..

I'm not sure it would make sense to release an expansion as a way to get ready for a free patch? Honestly, I think WHY they released Eco was just cuz it's a cool fun theme with a lot of people asking for it, simple as that. If cars came out first I'd think maybe they were released to prepare for Eco, cuz a free patch being released for an EP makes more sense than an EP released for a free patch to me... but I could be wrong on that haha! I dunno. I'm just super happy and excited for ECO and I hope that you get your cars (or whatever theme you are interested in ) too!

PS My 5 year old came by as I was typing this and says that your little avatar picture is "sooooo cute" ;) haha!

Toddlers were released 2 weeks before Vampires.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    cody6268 wrote: »
    I personally believe that there is a good chance that this is a complete and utter hoax. Remember Country Livin'? But, it has been called for by many, myself included. The problem I have is that due to the engine and way TS4 worlds are set up, it is difficult. But, TS2 implemented cars pretty well and worlds were set up close to as in TS4.

If true, I am curious as to how it will be done, and implemented. One, what cars are we getting? Are the parts of the world where traffic/cars are seen, but in nonusable parts of the world going to be opened up to traffic? Will the routing for cars use the same as the nonfunctional, decorate traffic? What about all those gas stations and car washes in most worlds? Are they going to be usable parts of the world? Perhaps the decorative areas may now partially be accessible? New world that may be open world that ships with the patch? What about the worlds, will we be seeing changes? Most lots don't line up with the street; and neighborhoods are small. Can the car be parked in a garage? Thus, parking spots and garage doors? Or, will a Sim just pull it out of their inventory like a bike?

TS2 had cars from the very start, they had carpools, school buses, and service NPC vehicles. I wouldn't compare TS4 too much to TS2.
    TS3 had cars even though you could place lots literally anywhere away from a road and on water. I guess if the lot does not have a driveway linked to the road then maybe cars will go in the inventory like they did in TS3. Also, in TS4 some of the lots, even when linked to the road don't have access to the road because there is grass or bushes lining the sidewalk along the road, and lots in Magnolia Promenade, for example are not intended for cars.

Cars came with Nightlife in TS2.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member

Carpools, taxis, school buses, and service NPC vehicles were in basegame. Walking to lots came later.
  • Options

Carpools, taxis, school buses, and service NPC vehicles were in basegame. Walking to lots came later.

Eh. To me, those weren't much different than the FX vehicles that we have now. Because we couldn't interact with cars until we got Nightlife.
  • Options
    peragogo wrote: »
    It’s fun to think about but I won’t believe it til I see it. They might have been right about the other leaks but those probably came from a GameChanger. This is too long term for them. It could also be something that they say to stir up the community with before leaving- we saw how bad the Country Living fake leak upset people.

Hmmm... What if the gamechangers were told about cars but are not allowed to say anything yet?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    It would be interesting, Im but not taking it seriously.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member

Eh. To me, those weren't much different than the FX vehicles that we have now. Because we couldn't interact with cars until we got Nightlife.

With Nightlife it was possible to own them, but they were fully functional vehicles from basegame. Sims could open the door and enter them, kids went to their seat on the school bus, etc. Very different from the TS4 ghost cars with no drivers.
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    My guess if they make cars they are going to be more sims 3 like, your sim zaps into them and they drive off the lot because we don’t have an open world... Also some of the cars we see in game look too small to have sims drive them.

That said I’m imagining a car that Mortimer and Bella are driving with the kids having to ride in the trunk because they bought a two seater car... That would be fun to see at least once.

For me I’d rather they focus on elders, teens and kids...

But others rightfully want cars so if this is true, I guess that is getting the focus, and for those who wanted cars in the game I hope they live up to your expectations.
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    peragogo wrote: »

Hmmm... What if the gamechangers were told about cars but are not allowed to say anything yet?
    It’s a bit too risky and unnecessary to tell them so early. Only the bigger GameChangers had virtual SimCamp this year around May 12th and smaller ones have a delay for early access. Plus there could be development delays, so telling them so early could be pointless.
  • Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I don't care about cars but for the sake of the many people who seem to want them, I hope it's true. I wouldn't complain. But "leaks" should always be taken with a grain of salt...
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png