Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Simmers, welcome! - Community’s tips & tricks to get started

Comments

• diskettidisketti Posts: 18 Member
    > @singularuniverse said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Yes actually! Personally I quite enjoy James Turner on Youtube (AKA TheSimSupply on the Gallery), he has a very nice voice and many great builds - doesn't post every day though. Lilsimsie / Kayla Sims on Youtube is another good builder who does lots of build challenges and posts just about every day, and her letsplay content is enjoyable to watch while waiting for another build video.
    >
    > On Instagram I also recommend follow some architecture hashtags, and my personal favourite page is called dontwastespace - it does a lot of floor plans which I find really useful. There are also many Simstagram accounts on Instagram and Tumblr dedicated to building, and searching for tags like sim4house or sims4build will show you heaps of cool builds by other players :) Good luck!

Amazing, thanks for the info :)
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Hi, fellow Simmers! Welcome to the "The Sims 4" forum! Hope you enjoy yourself and have a good time playing "The Sims 4" series!
  • MortemTheModderMortemTheModder Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi guys, um is this forum still active?
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hi guys, um is this forum still active?
    Yes it is. Welcome to forums.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Hello!
    I'm a modder, and I wanted to create my own thread but because of the way everything is setup on this forum I sort of can't. I'm trying to make a traits mod.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I have been playing TS4 since August 2019 I think, been playing TS3 untill then, and Sims 2 and 1 before those. I do not use CC clothes anymore, only what comes with the packs.

I am still amazed at all the fantastic buildings. I have a hard time doing it myself, I always miss the inspiration, or the know hows. I've learned a lot through youtube movies, but the most things I look for, are being build in speedbuilds wich I can't seem to follow..:')

Trying to become a better builder by practicing in tiny houses :D
  • shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    Be inspired by all the amazing builders out there and don't be afraid to experiment...you never know what you try might just be the answer to someone's problem.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
    i've been playing sims since the very first game. and I've been modding as far back as morrowind and even a little before then, but you won't find many of those tied to my name anymore as I've used about a thousand different aliases by now. recently I've been playing TS4. thanks for the welcome.

and also > @Lisamango0 said:
    > I have been playing TS4 since August 2019 I think, been playing TS3 untill then, and Sims 2 and 1 before those. I do not use CC clothes anymore, only what comes with the packs.
    >
    > I am still amazed at all the fantastic buildings. I have a hard time doing it myself, I always miss the inspiration, or the know hows. I've learned a lot through youtube movies, but the most things I look for, are being build in speedbuilds wich I can't seem to follow..:')
    >
    > Trying to become a better builder by practicing in tiny houses :D
    >
    >

welcome to the forums!
  • WurmGoreWurmGore Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! I want to get sims 4 but this would be my first sims game and I know there are tons of expansion and stuff packs. I really need advice on what to buy!

I've watched a few videos and I know I would love building the homes and creating characters most of all. What packs would benefit me the most?

Does anyone have any in general tips about the game? I know pretty much nothing :( I just don't want to waste money on packs that I won't end up getting my money's worth with. I also don't know which ones provide the most content. Like I said I'm very into character customization and building and furnishing the homes!

Please and thank you!
  • Tarmax94Tarmax94 Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi! I have a question, I've downloaded a bunch of sims from the gallery, but I want them all to be in my game, as my neighbours, without me having to place them one by one, but the game itself placing them in the empty houses, or at least showing up in public places so I can friend them, is that possible? If not, I'll just go ahead and add them one by one.
  • anne5440anne5440 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @WurmGore said:
    > Hi! I want to get sims 4 but this would be my first sims game and I know there are tons of expansion and stuff packs. I really need advice on what to buy!
    >
    > I've watched a few videos and I know I would love building the homes and creating characters most of all. What packs would benefit me the most?
    >
    > Does anyone have any in general tips about the game? I know pretty much nothing :( I just don't want to waste money on packs that I won't end up getting my money's worth with. I also don't know which ones provide the most content. Like I said I'm very into character customization and building and furnishing the homes!
    >
    > Please and thank you!

I recently joined this forum after recently returning to playing Sims 4. I took the time to read the first 5 pages of this thread and found many helpful tips about game play and what the expansion packs do. Perhaps you can find some of the info you want there.

Welcome to Sims 4!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    Welcome to Sims 4, WurmGore.
    Congratulations on waiting until the game has many expansions, game packs & stuff packs.

My suggestion is for you to begin with:
    Sims 4 Deluxe Version Base game
    Get Together Expansion Pack
    Seasons Expansion Pack
    Jungle Adventure Gamepack
    Romantic Garden Stuff Pack
    Movie Hangout Stuff Pack
    Tiny Living Stuff Pack
    These games will give you the basic essentials for your building, furnishings & sims basic character customizations.

Have fun & any other questions regarding other theme that the Sims 4 may have just ask on the forum.😄

• TouchoftheWindTouchoftheWind Posts: 2 New Member
    I am trying to join a fence to my house (which is on a foundation but I don't want my fence to be on a foundation) and I get the message 'conflicting block clusters'? How do I fix this? The house has being uploaded to the gallery under the ID TouchoftheWind and the lot is called Fern park rebuild.
  • Simmersince2000Simmersince2000 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all! Totally new here but I’ve been playing the sims since 2000, I was 7! (Yup, I’m 27 now and after teaching my daughter how to play, I went back to it myself!)

I have most packs, but I’m having trouble with the restaurant pack since the recent update (Atleast the acting career is fixed though YAY), the waiter doesn’t appear - they’re slacking alllllll the time. It worked before, and they work in my old builds, but my new restaurant they’ve disappeared and my customers get angry and leave! Is it something I’ve done wrong? I’ve placed everything I place in the other builds, the waiter stations ect, but for some reason they just won’t show up!
  • TockityTockity Posts: 2 New Member
    How does the game determine which mood to apply Happy to? I imagine that it buffs whichever is currently the highest, but what if I have +1 Confident and +1 Inspired simultaneously?
  • pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    If TS4 didn't have mods, there is NO WAY I would still be playing it, I tried playing the game w/o anything tagged on, it got boring real quick. Mods saved this game, so if the Developers are ever planning on a TS5, Please allow mods to be used in that game too.. I also tried the Xbox & PS4 versions of TS4 lol.... there is no other version that comes close the the epic PC build. The ease of use, the pin point accuracy & just the ability for mods make this the best version out there, not sure about the Mac version.
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • daydreamer263daydreamer263 Posts: 24 Member
    > @RockyMightSim said:
    > What I wish I knew and still wish it, is how to goshdarn bild houses. Like, I just can't wrap my head around it. I've seen all the youtube videos and downloaded and edited so many lots from the gallery, but I just can't build! Maybe it's just not for me.,I'll just have to stick to live mode and let others build houses for me :'(

Same!! I cannot work the roofing tool to save my life :/ I finally did my first build though with eco living. Granted it was very easy to do when I do have to worry about building a roof :D
  • WugriWugri Posts: 23 Member
    > @daydreamer263 said:
    > Same!! I cannot work the roofing tool to save my life :/ I finally did my first build though with eco living. Granted it was very easy to do when I do have to worry about building a roof :D

Do have to worry, or don't have to worry? :wink:
    I hated flat roofs up until now because they are always boring, mine are anyway, but no longer! Well, technically, my flat roofs are still boring, but at least now they're functional! Ha! Problem solved :blush:.
  • JojenJojen Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi! Anyone who knows how get materials to make candles in eco living? :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Jojen wrote: »
    Hi! Anyone who knows how get materials to make candles in eco living? :)

You can buy Soy Wax and dye from the candle making station. You can also harvest Wax from Soy plants and the Seasons Bee Box. I've also occasionally gotten dye from dumpster diving (for deals).
  • DonLandgraabDonLandgraab Posts: 23 Member
    @Kathykins This sounds like so much fun, can't wait to get this expansion! Roll on payday xD
    #BringBackShangSimlaMartialArts
  • LibertyTheFreeLibertyTheFree Posts: 234 Member
    Hey all :) it's all good Tuesday here(that is leaving us behind xD )

I swung back to our forums after made a few artwork I thought to be worthy to express myself today. I'll try to make sure this stay last!

Regardless, I'm happy to see that the atmosphere here hasn't change with all the stuff goin on :D

I'll just start my day with a few opinions on our posts here on this page.

@TouchoftheWind

Try use the draw fence tool, draw from somewhere on the ground and onto the raised wall/fence/floor you wanted it to lean on.

You can do the same with existing fences on ground, they can be moved and intersect with walls without adopting the walls' foundation.

Structures like fences don't devalue so you can remove and replace them as you wish, without cost for reno!
    (I didn't check the Gallery link yet, though you can reply or PM me if it seems like I didn't get your meaning :D )

@Simmersince2000

Same here. It seems sometimes staff just won't show up! There are times a chef's missing or the host's gone altogether!@#

Reminds me how sometimes when I travel with another sim and they just disappear after showing up for a sec at the destination. Might have to do with the game think they need to go to work and school etc.

Just in case, check if you did employ them since the game might reset it sometimes when things changed... And close and open the store again. Like a pro xD

@WurmGore

This is very personal. What you are going to buy really depends on your own opinion.

You can check each pack's page on Origin, where there's a preview of ALL of CAS and Build mode items(that are generally accessible, barring hidden ones)

In short, add what you liked to the list first :)

I would recommend buying Expansions(EP) over anything else, since they offer the most experience you'll ever remember in the Sims 4! EPs have a relatively large collection of themed stuff across all categories so they will expand your options and source of ideas greatly.

I usually consider Seasons EP and Get Together EP to be essential. The former add seasons and expand gameplay in a very obvious way(You can disable annoying weathers from settings). The latter gives off more options when it comes to grouping sims together! No more all-day-long parties or doorless rooms! Get Together also offer one of the largest game world, lots of lots to build!

Game packs(GP) focus on adding a gameplay element, and a good number of said theme items, in short smaller EPs that work on a smaller, more focused gameplay feature.

Stuff packs(SP) are the most hated and bought packs here, they are like salt and sugar, gives some flavor to our games. They have a small collection and a single item or two with a new gameplay element. These are not very different from mods(Custom-contents), just tailored in quality and support.

Do be reminded that you can use Build Your Bundle on Origin store which give you a discount over a EP, a GP and a SP, with any discount already on those Packs applied! Great if you are buying packs in bulks.

Sales generally put EPs on 50% off, GPs on 25, none on SPs. There are often discounts on individual SPs on specific (holi)days

Before I finish, do feel free to reply to or PM me if there be any question left :D

I can REALLY USE A FRIEND THAT ACTUALLY PLAY THE SIMS. I'M GROWING ANTI-SOCIAL AND DRYING UP MY CREATIVE WELL FOR I CANNOT CHAT WITH ANYONE on the Sims! Really, though, I can use a friend here :D
    AxxYIX4.png
  • mamacaronimamacaroni Posts: 6 New Member
    Hi Guys! Im new here. I don't have any friends pls add me up huhuuuhuhuh
    ORIGIN ID: mamacaroni
  • Euphoria97Euphoria97 Posts: 33 Member
    hey does cas full edit mode work anymore?
    https://dragcave.net/user/Add723
    CLICK THE LINKS! HELP ME RAISE MY DRAGONS!! o:)