Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    Challenge: BB7 - May
    Origin ID: Shakerella
    Gallery Name and link : Shotgun 2 Bedroom
    Link to slideshow: Imgur
    Notes: I added a porch to go from the front to the side door. A small greenhouse was added to the back. My thoughts were that 2 single girls lived here. Just getting started in life. New careers. One loves plants.
    czUOdcx.jpg
    7PZk7ZY.jpg
    9kc1YtO.jpg

My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    Shotgun 2 bedroom is a lovely home! @shakerella :) Very nice wraparound porch, and the flowerbox window and flowers on porch edges are very pretty! Sims will enjoy sitting on the porch seating in the outside air. Very nice furnishing of the interior! The living room is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting on the sofa or armchair reading or watching tv. The touches of yellow there are sunny, and the cat is cute in the basket! Very nice design of the kitchen. The cookbooks are a great touch on the sink counter, and spice set, utensils and knives are homely touches. The colour scheme of the bedrooms are lovely!
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Challenge #BB7 May
    Origin ID: SassiLassi
    Gallery Link: BlueprintBuilds7 - May
    Slideshow: https://imgur.com/a/dPy0G7V

This was designed for a couple with a girl child. I included a laundry room off the kitchen and a garden behind the house. Thanks to @SheriGR for the wonderful all-season, perfect plants and trees! NoCC art included from @roseymow, @juwels64, and @Mandykay77

cLlDOsg.png

2o5j09y.png
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @Allears Your home is lovely, as always! It looks like such a comfortable & homey family home! Thanks for the tag, hun! <3
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Thanks so much @SheriGR! So glad you like it! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
    Blueprints7-May is a lovely family home! @Allears :). Very nice exterior color, pretty flowers on home edges, and very nice floral tree bed! Very nice outdoors dining and swings patio! The fenced gardening patch is very nice! Lovely interior furnishings! The blue,orange, white colors are very nice, Very nice armchair sitting nook to enjoy reading books. The fireplace sofa and armchair sitting area is nice and warm for Sims to enjoy watching tv near the fire, The curtains and candles are pretty! The kitchen is nice and homely. Very nice blue wall tiles, Very pretty girls bedroom! Lovely pink/lavender colour! Very nice cushions reading corner nook. Very lovely master bedroom! Very nice warm colour, pretty curtains and the bedhead wall art is very nice.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    Thankyou very much for using my art!♥
    Thanks so much @rosemow! So glad you liked that girl's bedroom - your Strawberry Shortcake pictures really set it off! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Your houses look very nice @shakerella and @Allears :)
    Thanks so much @AlJay! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • wanderinglizzywanderinglizzy Posts: 46 Member
    Thanks for the comments! :) Still quite new to sharing my sims builds so I welcome any feedback and criticism.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,344 Member
    Wow! So many amazing builds this month!

@pearlbh I really like your retro house. It looks like a comfortable home for family with kids. The kiddie pool and playground equipment in the yard are a nice touch!

@icanhassims Nice color choices, especially in the kitchen and living room! And the flowers on the porch and in the front yard look beautiful.

@cmbaker16 I like your rug choices. And the yard with basketball hoop, seating area and clothes line looks like a good place for a family.

@JojoMOMSTER The kitchen looks really modern and is very nicely done. And I love the living room decor with Baby Yoda!

@JosieAnglin The blue, green and purple color scheme looks lovely. And that unique shaped pool is really eye-catching and fun.

@AlJay I love the way you matched the exterior fence colors with the building colors on this penthouse. And that curved roof green house on the side is really cool!

@Redattacus This is a cute family home! I like the yellow color scheme and the patterned rugs.

@Becka28 You did a really nice job on the kitchen and dining area. They blend together really well and look very professional. And the dartboard on the side porch is a great idea!

@Patch_2008 This house has a very fun feel! I adore both of those bold and unusual bedrooms. Especially the purple and blue one.

@MonaSolstraale Cool house! So creative and cozy. It looks like the kind of place my husband and I would pick for a bed and breakfast stay when traveling. I love the kitchen area with the carved wood and stone textures.

@wanderinglizzy You picked nice color schemes for your house. And I like the back yard area with hot tub. A great place to relax!

@nucleonide Johnny Zest sure looks very happy in his new home! The stepping stones in the front path are really cool. The color scheme looks perfect in the desert environment.

@shakerella That outside sitting area on the side porch is gorgeous! I love the choice of end table, rug and seats. They all go together in a surprisingly pleasing way. The curtains and fireplace in the living room also look beautiful.

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Really excellent work all around. :smiley:

I hope to have my build up on the gallery today or tomorrow.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you! @GlacierSnow these are such fun.
    Thank you @GlacierSnow :)
    Challenge Number: 7
    Origin ID: GhostofNobody
    Gallery Name of Build: Desert Family Home

Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/C3900779A11811EA840ACE4BB46B9306?category=lots&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=BB7&max=50&maxis=false

Link to slideshow: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976354/desert-family-home-glaciersnows-entry-for-blueprint-build-challenge-may-2020#latest

Additional Notes: I built this with Oasis Springs in mind, but it could work in Strangerville or Del Sol Valley too. I planned for a family with one child and a dog. Child's bedroom was designed for a science loving girl. Being one of those myself, I don't see enough bedrooms for that type :wink: I used the shell, and left (almost ?) all the walls as they are. Those tiny spaces sure are a challenge to use! I think I moved the placement of some of the interior doors.

Space for Pictures:

A01-Front-view.jpg

A02-Living-room.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Desert Family Home is a lovely desert home! @GlacierSnow :) Very nice wood exterior texture and lovely cactus garden bed! Very nice outdoors living, dining, bar and pool patio! Sims will enjoy having a drink from the bar. cooking on the bbq, and eating outdoors in the sunshine. It looks great the way the bamboo plants divide off a yoga and meditation area. Sims will enjoy restfully doing yoga on the mats and meditating on the stool. The water fountain is calming! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! Very lovely warm desert brown colour of the living areas walls. The living room is very nice with seating around the nice octogenal coffee table. Very lovely design, furnishing.layout and colours of the bedrooms! Very nice study desk area in the master bedroom. The science theme of the kids room is very nice. The dinosaur is cute! The patterned wall tiling in the gym is very nice.
    It is a very nice desert family home! :)
    Your house looks very nice @GlacierSnow :)
    Thank you @rosemow and @AlJay ! :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Challenge Number: 7
    Origin ID: SerraNolwen
    Gallery Name of Build: Collegiate gaming
    Gallery Link: Gallery link
    Link to slideshow: Link to Imgur
    Additional Notes: I had some trouble making the outside look good on the lot I had picked, as the almost blind side of the house ended up being toward a street, but I guess it would be fine to just place it elsewhere and change the terrain paint. Anyway, I did this because I wanted to use this house on the Foxbury campus and make it a house to be shared by members of an esports team. I was hoping to fit in 5 people, but it was just impossible to fit all the single beds and desks, so it has to shared bedrooms for a total of four people. I also used the restaurant pack's kitchen appliances because I imagined they would get a caterer to come cook for them weekly.
    Space for Pictures:
    TgV2fKr.png
    LbwWqV2.png
    edited June 2020
    Collegiate Gaming is a very lovely home for university students! @SerraNolwen :) Very nice wood and brick exterior texture and pretty flowerbox window. The lantern lights tree is pretty and very nice ping ping and punching bag areas. Lovely interior furnishings! Very nice tv and movies watching area in the living room. Sims will enjoy listening to music and reading the books on the table whilst sitting there. Very nice kitchen! It is a great touch that the chefs kitchen item is there for a caterer to use. Very lovely bedrooms! Very nice study desk areas in the rooms. The patterned curtains in one of the bedrooms are pretty! It looks very nice the way that the bookcase separates off the beds.
    It is a very nice students home :)
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for the kind comments!
    Thank you to everyone who took the time to create such great homes for this month’s challenge. I have really enjoyed seeing all the creative differences of each build!

@pearlbh Your retro home looks so nice! The roof-line and exterior color work very well with the house. The wood paneling walls are perfect for the time period and always bring me back to my childhood 😊 Your choice of furniture works together so well, and the arch in the kitchen with the tile floor is so very retro! I really like the color choices that you have used as well. Very well done!

@icanhassims Your small family home is made so family would be very comfortable to live there. I like your different roof lines and your round flowerbed feature is very nice. On the interior I really love the soft colors that you have chosen to decorate with. Taking out the island in the kitchen really opens the area up for a nice table. Great job!

@jojoMOMSTER Fountain view penthouse is gorgeous! The potted trees and shrubs outside give the penthouse a very nice feel and the pool area is just wonderful. The different wall color choices look great with the apartment building. On the interior I really like that you used bold colors. It really brightens up the home. I like the wall divider between the dining and living room and you have used lots of great clutter objects. Wonderfully done!

@JosieAnglin Retro Estates is a very nice home! You have made this build look so cheerful. I love the design of the pool and the landscaping is very nice. On the interior that furniture works very well with the retro theme. I really like the way that you have made the layout for the living room and the old fridge and stove work perfectly in the house. You have added so many fun little features! Great job!

@Redattacus Sylvan Drive is a great looking home! I really like the yellow siding with the dark brown roof. They look very nice together. The space for parking is a great idea and the landscaping is well done. The interior is nice and cheery with the yellow items that you have used. It is very practical for sims that you moved the laundry room to replace the master closet. You have done a very good job on this build!

@Becka28 Red Brick Newcrest looks wonderful. I like the siding that you chose, it goes very well with the roof and also the style of the house. Your landscaping is done very well and it is nice that you have added playground equipment for the kids. I think the interior looks very nice beige 😊 I especially like the way you connected the kitchen to the laundry room and the green in the master bedroom is very nice. Great job!

@Patch__2008 The Amathyst looks great! I really like the grey tones on the exterior and the porch roof is very nice. You have made the interior look very grand with the way you have chosen to decorate it. The feature wall in the master bedroom works very well with the purple bedding and it is nice that you have a place to sit in the walk-in closet. Very nicely done!

@MonaSolstraale The Spirit of Gorm is so very creative! This is a great blueprint to have Langhaust as your inspiration. Your landscaping suits the build beautifully and the thatched roof is great! On the interior the tile floors work so well with the style and the furniture that you chose. I really like the wall artwork that you have used and I love that you chose to add a sauna to this house. Such a nice different take on this blueprint. Very well done!

@wanderinglizzy The house you built for this challenge looks wonderful! I like your fence choice for the yard and it is great that you have added a hot tub outside. The inside of the house looks great with your color choices, it looks very warm and inviting. I really like your choice of flooring as well. It would be a great suburban home for a family. Nice job!

@nucleonide House of Zest is a great home for Oasis Springs! It suits the desert atmosphere very nicely. I really like your pops of orange and green throughout the house. It is a great idea to make the closet into a micro office and have the larger room as a gym. I don’t know why but I really love the table with the plant in the master bathroom 😊 You have done a wonderful job with this house!

@shakerella Your shotgun 2-bedroom house looks wonderful! I like that you have added the porch to the side of the house as well. It works well with the deck area. Your casual landscaping looks lovely and it is great that you have a small greenhouse as well. I really like the creams and browns in the interior, they work well with the light grey/white walls. This house has a comfortable country feel. I love it! Great job!

@Allears Your house is absolutely beautiful! The blue siding with the fence and landscaping all work so nicely together and sims will love the activities in the yard. I like the garden you have made in the back. On the interior I really like that you have chosen to combine blue and orange, it looks really nice together. You have added so many nice details that make this house look so warm and comfortable. Very well done!

@GlacierSnow your Desert Family Home looks so good! The wood exterior and the placement of the windows gives the home a very modern look and the curved fence is great. Very nice meditation area! On the interior I really like that you changed the direction of the wood flooring to give it a unique look. The warm color tones make the house feel very comfortable and the girl’s science themed bedroom is delightful! Well done!

@SerraNolwen Collegiate gaming is a great idea for this blueprint. I like the texture combination of the exterior and the yard is perfectly decorated for college students. You have been so creative with the interior. I like all the fun colors and that you made sure there are desks for everyone, and using dividers to offer privacy. This looks great! Nice job!
    June Challenge

VyqGGUG.jpg

The challenge for June is to use this blueprint to design a camper trailer or RV. With summer on the way where I live, I thought it would be fun to get our sims all ready for a camping adventure. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget for this build. Please do not use any custom content and hashtag with #BB8 and #aljay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. If you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!
    If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – June Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing your campers!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you @AlJay for the challenge and the kind reviews. I’m already plotting and scheming an RV but yours looks fun too.
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hey @AlJay I love the shell you created for this challenge! How did you get the foundation in the air like that and not have the trailer hitch snap to the floor inside the building? I've been trying to figure it out for ages. When I use the "placeholder" foundation there's always a blue swatch under the building and the "in the air" foundations always have grey block underneath. Thanks for any guidance you can offer!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    edited June 2020
    @icanhassims it is actually a second floor. I built the first floor and then placed the second floor on top, deleted the first floor and then lowered the second floor to the desired height. Nothing should snap on if you are on the first floor when you place it. I hope that makes sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top