Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

sims castaway stories water/ graphics issue?

fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
Hi ! I just bought the sims castaway stories off Facebook market place, got the game downloaded and opening through compatibility mode and did the graphics rule changes in notepad to make the resolution match my screen, but the water looks like a blue blob mess and Im afraid to even load a household. I've been searching but I can't seem to find my next steps. Help me please!

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

I haven't played it in ages but there's information which might at modthesims for not only resolution, which you fixed, but for graphic details... maybe - http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=617794
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    it sounds like you need to turn off simple terrain in the graphics ini. I am playing Castaway Stories on Windows 10 with a modern graphics card, and the game runs fine. search for simpleterrain and edit all three examples to be the opposite of what they were.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is how Castaway Stories looks for me in Windows 10, at 1920x1200 resolution, after simply changing the graphicsrules ini to have a custom resolution, and disabling simpleterrain. Looks pretty amazing for a laptop game.

Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Hi, I just reinstalled Castaway after years too. I'm having the same trouble with water texture. Just a big blob of blue with land underneath. I changed the 3 simpleterrains to false and now the underwater land is glitching and still no surface reflection or ripples. That didn't help at all.

I remember years ago (before windows 10?) there was a different fix for water textures in this game, but I can't find anything on the interwebs right now.
    It has something to do with pixel shaders and water reflection. It's weird, I could fix this 5 years ago, but now I can't seem to figure it out.
    Oh never mind. All my graphics settings were turned down. Problem solved. :#