Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I don't really want mental health or physical disabilities in my game, I have my own disabilities (both mental and physical) and use the sims as an escape. But I never get the chance to voice how I feel because it suddenly becomes about how I'm don't want to be inclusive. No, If they did make a pack but had a way to turn it off fine. I don't want my escape to be suddenly not an escape because seeing things that are too close to what I have. *cough cough* ptsd.

I don't want that either.
    Also, I think not all aspects of life should be put in the game.
  • EvilinPinkEvilinPink Posts: 49 Member
    Get Famous, City Living, Vampires, Get Together, Seasons, Spa Day, and Dine Out are the best packs in the sims 4.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I don't really want mental health or physical disabilities in my game, I have my own disabilities (both mental and physical) and use the sims as an escape. But I never get the chance to voice how I feel because it suddenly becomes about how I'm don't want to be inclusive. No, If they did make a pack but had a way to turn it off fine. I don't want my escape to be suddenly not an escape because seeing things that are too close to what I have. *cough cough* ptsd.

I don't want that either.
    Also, I think not all aspects of life should be put in the game.
    Agreed, I saw people saying they want but I really believe some want it, not to bring awareness to it, but because they’re romanticizing it, like they think it’s “cute”. they’ll be like “look at how unique my unique sim is” I don’t want this at all
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member

@BansheesHeart I agree with you and the reasons you feel this way.

@SelinaKyles I also believe this is a good point. I this there is a component of romanticizing or worse, using a disabilities theme as nothing more than the quest for fresh content, it could come across as ableist or making light of people who have to live with actual disabilities in real life.

@pink_coco10 I agree with this too, not all aspects of life need to be or should be put in the game. There IS an element of escapism in gaming.

Not trying to derail the thread or start an argument but merely pointing out that disabilities are not a game and there has to be a measure of consideration and respectfulness about inclusion or not including a disabilities theme in The Sims.

• BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    @SelinaKyles @pink_coco10 @Catzilla Thanks for the support.

@EvilinPink Totally agree with you those are the pack I use the most!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Sims 2 sims are ugly no matter what you do and its the sole reason why I won't play it.

I think Sims 3 sims are uglier :lol:

I don't care for farming in the sims. To me, it sounds like sims just collecting/harvesting things and selling them. The whole gameplay idea sounds so monotonous and boring.
    giphy.gif
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I would like some more natural personality for my sims like most other people, but I'm actually pretty fine with my own imagination adding personality to my sims.
  • pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I do not want new life stages to be added in the game (preschoolers, preteens, older babies). It's too late for that and I don't think they will be well integrated with base game and other packs. Toddlers are already lackluster because were added later.
    I prefer improved children and teens and maybe free babies.

I liked from the start the Eco Lifestyle pack and the theme. Is that still an unpopular opinion? :#
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Color wheel isnt a big deal for me, I dont mind the swatches.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited May 2020
    Catzilla wrote: »

@BansheesHeart I agree with you and the reasons you feel this way.

@SelinaKyles I also believe this is a good point. I this there is a component of romanticizing or worse, using a disabilities theme as nothing more than the quest for fresh content, it could come across as ableist or making light of people who have to live with actual disabilities in real life.

@pink_coco10 I agree with this too, not all aspects of life need to be or should be put in the game. There IS an element of escapism in gaming.

Not trying to derail the thread or start an argument but merely pointing out that disabilities are not a game and there has to be a measure of consideration and respectfulness about inclusion or not including a disabilities theme in The Sims.

My disability has already taken so much from me so I really don't want the game to take away my only escape from it by including disabilites!
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I do want to have disabilities in games to provide a different way to play !
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    It seems like quite a few simmers want a time travel to the past pack with either a medieval or prehistoric theme. I wouldn't mind a past time travel pack but I'd love it if it was set in pirate times with royalty aspects. I'd love it if the devs expanded on the whole Princess Cordelia lore that they have mentioned in some base game item descriptions. A pack like that could bring back house boats (or rather house galleons) and possibly deep sea diving!

I also really want a space themed pack too with an expanded Sixam and aliens!
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    I think if the Sims 2 team made the game again today, it would beat Sims 4. But because of the technical limitations at the time, the game is dated, feels lacking, and is easily beat by 4.

Story Progression, Create-A-Style and the open world would be a waste of resources that I would rather see put into something else.

Traits and emotions work fine.

Babies aren't any more restricted in this game than they were in past games because of being trapped in the bassinet. The only thing I can think of that you can't do with them in 4 that you could do in past games is walk around with them/sit in a chair with them. I would honestly rather have them stuck in the bassinet than have to deal with my Sims constantly taking them out of the crib and placing them on the floor for no reason.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    Sims 2 sims are ugly no matter what you do and its the sole reason why I won't play it.

I feel this way about Sims 3.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• KaylaxCapersKaylaxCapers Posts: 69 Member
    Krueger wrote: »
    I think if the Sims 2 team made the game again today, it would beat Sims 4. But because of the technical limitations at the time, the game is dated, feels lacking, and is easily beat by 4.

Story Progression, Create-A-Style and the open world would be a waste of resources that I would rather see put into something else.

Traits and emotions work fine.

Babies aren't any more restricted in this game than they were in past games because of being trapped in the bassinet. The only thing I can think of that you can't do with them in 4 that you could do in past games is walk around with them/sit in a chair with them. I would honestly rather have them stuck in the bassinet than have to deal with my Sims constantly taking them out of the crib and placing them on the floor for no reason.

@Krueger I agree, and my unpopular opinion is that I couldn't care less that babies are 'objects' in the Sims 4. I get enough fun from child play with the toddlers :smile:
  • kidlit59kidlit59 Posts: 28 Member
    I know a lot of people were disappointed with Island Living and I wish some things were different, but it's my favorite pack. Every other world gives you nothing to do unless you travel, but in Sulani, you can swim, snorkel, pet a dolphin, scuba dive, jet ski, go out on the boat, woohoo in the waterfall, etc. without a load screen. I love that if I want to concentrate on one family member, I can send another off on the boat for a couple hours.

I hate the bikes and finally sold all of mine. My Sims would take it out of their inventory, then put it back, take it out, put it back instead of just going where they needed to be. Sending them on a bike ride was good, but when they tried to use it on their own, it never worked well.

I enjoyed the Magic Realm for awhile but hardly use any of the potions or spells anymore except repario and scruberoo. The pack was worth it just for the transporiate or whatever it's called. Especially when you do the conservationist career and you need to clean stuff up all over the island. So much quicker when they can just move from one side of the island to the other instantly. Better than shift click teleporting.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I do not want to see anymore supernatural or occult Sims added into TS4.
  • RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2020
    I do not care about the babies in sims 4 and actually would kind of hate if they got "freed". Life is a prison buddy, better get used to it while your still in diapers. I do not want the return of color wheel in any shape. Single open world is significantly less fun, then several worlds with loading screens. I do like Elisa Pancakes quite a bit.
    > @jimbbq said:
    > I do want to have disabilities in games to provide a different way to play !

This is also a valid opinion!! :)
    > @RustyCicuit said:
    > I do not care about the babies in sims 4 and actually would kind of hate if they got "freed". Life is a prison buddy, better get used to it while your still in diapers. I do not want the return of color wheel in any shape. Single open world is significantly less fun, then several worlds with loading screens. I do like Elisa Pancakes quite a bit.

I never liked Eliza until I watched a youtube video about her, I feel like of bad for her.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I have a feeling I am one of few people who doesn't really want rehashes of old features or packs. I want new and different content for the Sims.

The Eco Lifestyle concept shows growth, and also reflects the modern world.
    giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I have a feeling I am one of few people who doesn't really want rehashes of old features or packs. I want new and different content for the Sims.

The Eco Lifestyle concept shows growth, and also reflects the modern world.

You're not alone :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top