Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cars ideas (Please release this soon or the community breaks)

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2020
    Nice ideas here.

It would have been interesting to see cars used as a status symbol. Materialistic Sims who still haven't earned enough to purchase their dream car could be embarrassed every time that they have to drive a model that is years out of date. On the other hand, a teen/adult who scrimped and saved enough to buy an old clunker would be pleased as punch with their achievement and could spend a great deal of their time to make it look nice and run better.

Detail shops, gas stations, new/used car lots could be the new businesses in town. Cars that come off the new car lots will always be considered to be the latest model. Materialistic Sims could start to become anxious if they haven't bought a new car for several calendar years.

Car maintenance costs could be added to the new household income mechanic -- fuel costs, repair costs, insurance, etc. TS4 needs a bit of a money sink to get rid of all that extra cash. On a side note: owning a pool should cause higher bills as well.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, Paralives my have cars.

Affirmative. Paralives will have cars and pets at launch.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • TahabataTahabata Posts: 82 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    Nice ideas here.

It would have been interesting to see cars used as a status symbol. Materialistic Sims who still haven't earned enough to purchase their dream car could be embarrassed every time that they have to drive a model that is years out of date. On the other hand, a teen/adult who scrimped and saved enough to buy an old clunker would be pleased as punch with their achievement and could spend a great deal of their time to make it look nice and run better.

Detail shops, gas stations, new/used car lots could be the new businesses in town. Cars that come off the new car lots will always be considered to be the latest model. Materialistic Sims could start to become anxious if they haven't bought a new car for several calendar years.

Car maintenance costs could be added to the new household income mechanic -- fuel costs, repair costs, insurance, etc. TS4 needs a bit of a money sink to get rid of all that extra cash. On a side note: owning a pool should cause higher bills as well.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Well, Paralives my have cars.

Affirmative. Paralives will have cars and pets at launch.

I really loved your ideas!
    I would really like Sims' personalities to affect their behavior more than just negative or positive moodlets. Interactions and feelings about the car are really indispensable for me. I don't want it to be just another object.
    Wish list:
    - Cars, motorcycles, bycicles. (Detailed animations)
    - Wild Animals (Interactive)
    - Thief and Celebrity (Better and more active!)
    - Bands
    - Farming or Medieval EP
    - Cyberpunk or Asian GP
    - Beach.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I mentioned this in another thread so I'm just going to copypaste it here too:

I'd love it if emotions were implemented with cars e.g. angry/tense sims would slam the car doors and clench their jaws when driving, playful sims would beep the horn/flash the lights etc, sad sims would rest their head on and cry at the wheel (not when driving, obviously). A brand new car would make sims happy but buying a dirty, cheap one will make them uncomfortable/tense. Cars should also come with a reliability score like appliances do. Cars with low reliability will break down more often than expensive ones with higher reliability (obviously). Breakdowns, if left long enough, lead to fires.

I'd really like them to not only focus on personal cars for sims but service vehicles for the NPCs too e.g. maid, gardener and repairman vans, school buses, fire engines, the repo van. When/if we get burglars I'd love for them to include a getaway car/van instead of them just sneaking on/off the lot like in past sims games.

I hope they make the interiors a bit more detailed than they were in past sims games (bit of an ask, I know) but I think that would be great for storytelling purposes. There are a lot of movies/tv shows where there is a interior car scene so to have this in the sims would be really cool and great for stories.

They should be very expensive to buy and run unless you buy a cheap one. I'd like to be able to wash cars and have children and teens be able to do that as well as adult sims. Cars should need re-fuelling every so often - if you have the Eco Lifestyle pack buying normal fuel (rabbithole) would harm the environment but using biofuel from the beetles won't.

I hope they update the deco cars driving around in the background too as they aren't very pretty right now.

I would also love to have a proper convertible car with roof on/off options (I don't think this has ever been a thing) and motorbikes, too! The ability to set ownership as well.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Sorry, but I honestly don't care about cars. If they came as part of a pack I wanted I'd use them now and then but they just aren't a "must have" for me personally. Now we have magic and university I have the 2 "big" things I really wanted. I'd rather have dragons than cars. ;)

Now I play realistically mostly... no occult play at all, no magic stuff...
    But I just might switch if we ever got dragons hahaha!
    I'd be far more interested in dragons than cars :p Just sayin'

(No interest in cars here though haha)
  • RhiannonravenRhiannonraven Posts: 128 Member
    I just don't really get the point of cars... Why can't sims just walk? I walk most places...
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Honestly, I'd be satisfied if they just copypastaed TS2's cars and motorcycles into TS4 with the addition of cargo space for cars, trucks, and vans; electric vehicles; the ability to upgrade your vehicle to improve its speed and handling; and a racetrack where your car or bike's stats (speed, drifting, cornering, etc.) and your sim's logic and fitness skills (logic for quick decision making, fitness for hand-eye coordination) factored into whether you won or not. I'd totally buy a car GP if they did it like that...also, definitely have cars with pop-up headlights, back fins, and doors that open straight up, up and out, and by sliding into the body of the car....Oh! And all kinds of crazy rims, like the ones with the spinners, or rims with rhinestones in them...Oh, and just slap down the color wheel and paint and stamp features from C&D in the car customization menu, since you know people are going to want that too...Just saying...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • RenRochelleRenRochelle Posts: 21 Member
    I think a pack where you can build and race cars or have derby cars might be a better stretch to get. Where you can have a garage (where mechanics work) and then other sims can bring there broken cars for you to fix. I don't think they will just add cars where you get in and drive off into the loading screen. They will probably want money.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    There should be Sim-Owned Cars with Garages with features

1.) Restorable Cars
    2.) Upgradable Cars
    3.) Being Taught from Teen to Elder
    4.) With Emotions
    5.) NPCs will have their own vehicles
    6.) Taxis will also be there.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want a drive in movie theater and I want our sim to be able to build cars and customize them and I think a rabbit hole racetrack would be cool I also think it would be neat to have a gas station and it would also be really cool if our simscould sell cars as well and I want and sims to be able to learn how to drive
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Cars & Vehicles must come on the July Update please
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    edited May 2020
    The Sims 4 needs to collaborate with Toyota to add functional cars to the game. It should adopt the Southeast Asian Look.

toyota-camry-6.jpg

Yessss and I do love my camry!!

It could work like bikes do. As long as we dont drive inside our homes and go through other sims. Lol
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I wanna see a Sims x Tesla collaboration <3
  • OnyxshadowOnyxshadow Posts: 10 New Member
    I've been wondering about this, how come in Sims 2 we were able to get cars but in Sims 4, nothing even picks you up to get to your job? or even moving to the university . I miss seeing my young adult sim being dropped off by their parents as they enter university life.
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    ⚠️ URGENT:

I just want to make everyone aware about this for those that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. The more the Sims 4 game has on it the better the Sims 4 game will be. The Sims 4 game needs to have all the (Missing Items) on it for the Sims 4 game to be 100% completed. By sharing this post to other people who love the Sims 4 game it will give other people ideas, and it will also be there for the Sims studio team to look at on the Sims Forums website. This means that the Sims studio team who make these games will be able to see the list and add it onto the game. But I do desperately need everyone’s help with this aswell as putting this post onto the Sims Forums website everyday myself. But if I can do this you can too. But if you don’t care about the Sims 4 game then don’t share this urgent post!

(MISSING ITEMS)

(1) Tree house!
    (2) Fairy/ pixie party house!
    (3) Extra animal toys!
    (4) Extra animal beds!
    (5) Factory departments!
    (6) Factory jobs!
    (7) Supermarket departments!
    (8) Supermarket jobs!
    (9) Retail departments!
    (10) Retail jobs!
    (11) Beauty salon departments!
    (12) Beauty salon jobs!
    (13) Art departments!
    (14) Art jobs!
    (15) Swimming life guard departments!
    (16) Swimming life guard jobs!
    (17) Big school departments!
    (18) Big school jobs!
    (19) Nursery departments!
    (20) Nursery jobs!
    (21) Primary school departments!
    (22) Primary school jobs!
    (23) College departments!
    (24) College jobs!
    (25) University jobs!
    (27) Administration office departments!
    (28) Administration jobs!
    (29) Cars for travelling!
    (30) Vans for travelling!
    (31) Buses for public transport travelling!
    (32) Company lorries for travelling!
    (33) Trains for public transport travelling!
    (34) Delivery driver jobs/ lorry drivers and van drivers!
    (35) More house roofs!
    (36) Extra flowers!
    (37) Squirls!
    (38) Bats!
    (39) Birds!
    (40) Ball room department!
    (41) Cows!
    (42) Sheep!
    (43) Insects!
    (44) Hedge hogs!
    (45) Parrots!
    (46) Pigs!
    (47) Seagulls!
    (48) Extra fish tanks!
    (49) Extra fish!
    (50) Road signs!
    (51) Extra cafe shop departments!
    (52) Extra restaurant departments!
    (53) Sports departments!
    (54) Sports jobs!
    (55) Hospital departments!
    (56) Hospital jobs!
    (57) Police departments!
    (58) Police jobs!
    (59) Helicopters!
    (60) Helicopter jobs!
    (61) Red telephone box!
    (62) Red letter mail box!
    (63) Street bins!
    (64) Street bin cleaner jobs!
    (65) Mobile phone shops!
    (66) Mobile phone shop jobs!
    (67) Motorways!
    (68) Motorway traffic officer cars!
    (69) Hotel departments!
    (70) Hotel receptionist jobs!
    (71) Police cars!
    (72) Police camera vans!
    (73) Farming jobs!
    (74) Horse riding jobs!
    (75) Farmer jobs!
    (76) Security jobs!
    (77) Shoe shop!
    (78) Shoe shop jobs!
    (79) Glasses opticians shop!
    (80) Glasses opticians shop jobs!
    (81) Belly piercing!
    (82) Tongue piercing!
    (83) Extra tattoos! (Dolphins) (Stars) (Dolphins) (Fairies) (Moon) (Hearts) (Butterflies) (Flowers) and more shapes!
    (84) Fish tank decorations!
    (85) Food supermarket isles!
    (86) Drink supermarket isles!
    (87) Nose hoop piercings!
    (88) Tongue piercings!
    (89) Belly piercings!
    (90) Upper ears piercing!
    (91) Tragus ears piercing!
    (92) Nipple piercing!
    (93) Car parks!
    (94) Bus stations!
    (95) Train stations!
    (96) Railway track!
    (97) Airplanes for travelling!
    (98) Airports!
    (99) Crains!
    (100) Space Rockets!

THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!
    @SimGuru_BGY_11, @SimGuru_Myri, @SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruRusskii, @SimGuruHydra, Please make Cars & Vehicles for The Sims 4. Thank You
  • GPHGPH Posts: 67 Member
    ⚠️ URGENT:

I just want to make everyone aware about this for those that play the Sims 4 game for a reason. So if you do want the Sims 4 game to be the best game ever and you love the Sims 4 game, then you will need to keep sharing this long (Missing Items) post. The more the Sims 4 game has on it the better the Sims 4 game will be. The Sims 4 game needs to have all the (Missing Items) on it for the Sims 4 game to be 100% completed. By sharing this post to other people who love the Sims 4 game it will give other people ideas, and it will also be there for the Sims studio team to look at on the Sims Forums website. This means that the Sims studio team who make these games will be able to see the list and add it onto the game. But I do desperately need everyone’s help with this aswell as putting this post onto the Sims Forums website everyday myself. But if I can do this you can too. But if you don’t care about the Sims 4 game then don’t share this urgent post!

(MISSING ITEMS)

(1) Tree house!
    (2) Fairy/ pixie party house!
    (3) Extra animal toys!
    (4) Extra animal beds!
    (5) Factory departments!
    (6) Factory jobs!
    (7) Supermarket departments!
    (8) Supermarket jobs!
    (9) Retail departments!
    (10) Retail jobs!
    (11) Beauty salon departments!
    (12) Beauty salon jobs!
    (13) Art departments!
    (14) Art jobs!
    (15) Swimming life guard departments!
    (16) Swimming life guard jobs!
    (17) Big school departments!
    (18) Big school jobs!
    (19) Nursery departments!
    (20) Nursery jobs!
    (21) Primary school departments!
    (22) Primary school jobs!
    (23) College departments!
    (24) College jobs!
    (25) University jobs!
    (27) Administration office departments!
    (28) Administration jobs!
    (29) Cars for travelling!
    (30) Vans for travelling!
    (31) Buses for public transport travelling!
    (32) Company lorries for travelling!
    (33) Trains for public transport travelling!
    (34) Delivery driver jobs/ lorry drivers and van drivers!
    (35) More house roofs!
    (36) Extra flowers!
    (37) Squirls!
    (38) Bats!
    (39) Birds!
    (40) Ball room department!
    (41) Cows!
    (42) Sheep!
    (43) Insects!
    (44) Hedge hogs!
    (45) Parrots!
    (46) Pigs!
    (47) Seagulls!
    (48) Extra fish tanks!
    (49) Extra fish!
    (50) Road signs!
    (51) Extra cafe shop departments!
    (52) Extra restaurant departments!
    (53) Sports departments!
    (54) Sports jobs!
    (55) Hospital departments!
    (56) Hospital jobs!
    (57) Police departments!
    (58) Police jobs!
    (59) Helicopters!
    (60) Helicopter jobs!
    (61) Red telephone box!
    (62) Red letter mail box!
    (63) Street bins!
    (64) Street bin cleaner jobs!
    (65) Mobile phone shops!
    (66) Mobile phone shop jobs!
    (67) Motorways!
    (68) Motorway traffic officer cars!
    (69) Hotel departments!
    (70) Hotel receptionist jobs!
    (71) Police cars!
    (72) Police camera vans!
    (73) Farming jobs!
    (74) Horse riding jobs!
    (75) Farmer jobs!
    (76) Security jobs!
    (77) Shoe shop!
    (78) Shoe shop jobs!
    (79) Glasses opticians shop!
    (80) Glasses opticians shop jobs!
    (81) Belly piercing!
    (82) Tongue piercing!
    (83) Extra tattoos! (Dolphins) (Stars) (Dolphins) (Fairies) (Moon) (Hearts) (Butterflies) (Flowers) and more shapes!
    (84) Fish tank decorations!
    (85) Food supermarket isles!
    (86) Drink supermarket isles!
    (87) Nose hoop piercings!
    (88) Tongue piercings!
    (89) Belly piercings!
    (90) Upper ears piercing!
    (91) Tragus ears piercing!
    (92) Nipple piercing!
    (93) Car parks!
    (94) Bus stations!
    (95) Train stations!
    (96) Railway track!
    (97) Airplanes for travelling!
    (98) Airports!
    (99) Crains!
    (100) Space Rockets!

THESE MISSING ITEMS URGENTLY NEED TO BE ON THE SIMS 4 SO IF YOU DO CARE THEN PLZ SHARE THIS POST!!!!!!
  • PittePitte Posts: 1 New Member
    I dont think they will ever reimplement cars cuse of how many issues there were with them bcak in all the sims games. I think the way its done now is grand, its not like you get to steer the thing anyways :P
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Actually, there have been hints like a billboard ect.

I have posted in another area about this. I wanted a hood with a car lot with cars for sale; maybe a low end and a high end one. A mechanic shop/gas station. I want antique cars, vans, motorcycles, 4 wheelers(kid version too), toddler peddle cars, toddler cars like carriages/more expensive, and all the other types too.

• davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »
    drive it, Put stuff in the trunk, Location for Woo-hoo,

Encourage yourself in the rearview mirror or touch up makeup.
    Romantically kiss your partner.
    Take a selfie in the car. (Alone or in a group)
    Chat and flirt in the front seats.
    Sit in the car seat and listen to music. (Alone or in a group)

Drive-in Cinemas in the hills.

More interactions with Parenthood: Teens "borrowing" the family car, decreasing your level of responsibility.

Limosine for special events, such as the Red Carpet or at a VIP party. Rent a limo for your wedding day!

Ice Cream Car Back!
    Motorcycles with croup for passenger.

Traffic Lights and crosswalk in modern cities. (They don't necessarily have to be functional, but I'd love to see that kind of object on the streets with the addition of cars. To give it more immersion in the scenery and give us some good photos.)

cops might be neat, but may not happen because they might not add more to those packs already out. Same with Dine out. However...

drive in eating at a place where you order food at your car, pay for it, and eat in your car. We had one of these when I was little, it was called Ham's Drive In. I like quiet a few of your ideas. A hood with a:

Ambulance function to take a sick Sim to the hospital- nice touch, but not sure if they would add it to GTW.

More toy cars might be nice.
    • drive in place to eat
    • drive in cinema
    • gas station/mechanic shop
    • rich car lot
    • poor car lot
    • motor cycle shop with helmets(many) nice, but not at the expense of the others.
    Also on Parenthood: Teen to Elder Sims need Driving Lessons too which it will give Focused Moodlet.
    Guys better talk to the SimGurus to add vehicles and garages to The Sims 4. We will still continue requesting until they know about it.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited June 2020
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I wanna see a Sims x Tesla collaboration <3

Yes Please.

I would also like to see Car Mechanics and Racing. Maybe far fetched, but there could be a Racing Lot trait where there is some kind of ability to set up tournaments etc. Any player controlled car related feature is pretty welcome at this stage.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Tahabata wrote: »
    So, as many here are waiting for this content, I decided to make a detailed post about all the good ideas I reard about cars. Some of these ideas are mine and some are from other people. Feel free to add any other ideas in this post.
    Let's make our wishes get noticed!

• Fully functional cars: It means we can drive it, Put stuff in the trunk, Location for Woo-hoo, customize it in appearance/performance with mechanical skill and some social interactions.

Improve your mechanics ability for more customization options!

Thumbnail_688x336.jpg

Some ideas for animations and interactions in the car:

Encourage yourself in the rearview mirror or touch up makeup.
    Romantically kiss your partner.
    Take a selfie in the car. (Alone or in a group)
    Chat and flirt in the front seats.
    Sit in the car seat and listen to music. (Alone or in a group)

16513.jpg

2125-670x707.jpg

• Drive-in Cinemas in the hills. (There is a great location in Windenburg for this, coff coff)

A place with romantic aura and perfect for a date. (But of course, if your sim is single or has a family, it's still great entertainment)

Your sim can park in one of the predefined locations on the map. After that, just wait for the movie to start and relax.
    When there is a Date Event, your sim will earn points by interacting romanticly with your partner, buying popcorn, commenting on the movie and maybe a Woo-hoo before the end credits. (I would also like to see some shy and exciting interactions before Woo-hoo.)

C85s62zXcAArOPL?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

maxresdefault.jpg

• Funtional Gas Station

Having a car is really cool, isn't it? But it can also be a nice additional expense for the family, especially when you have a highly customized car.
    At the gas station you can service your car (if your level of mechanics is not good enough to do it yourself)
    Or just fill with gasoline.
    Different cars will have different costs. A cheap car will be much more economical on gasoline and maintenance.

53.jpg

Fast_lane_stuff_render_04_zpse92f4d15.jpg

Park on Restaurants and Drive-thru Function

-Incredible car interaction with the Dine Out Game Pack. Place your order at the restaurant without having to leave the car. Just get in the drive-thru queue.

-Restaurants will now have parking lots.
    If your restaurant doesn't want to add this, Sim will park the car on the street.

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTx6bOzLatT-6c9erV_70Ias_17g7slSMqTM0Xq8GnLu_j18IMZ

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQBObs81A9AHVIq-Lfu8DnzB6SoAoUVErvuxFZMtHHMfYKIxSQm

Police cars and their various possibilities for interactions.

The cops are completely forgotten inside The Sims 4, it's time to give them some action!

-The police car can be called upon encountering a thief at home. The policeman will handcuff him and escort him into the car.
    -A police officer may also possibly fine you if you are a teenager driving. :o
    -More interactions with Parenthood: Teens "borrowing" the family car, decreasing your level of responsibility.

C85rW7LXsAAzB48?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Limosines or Van for Celebrities:

Depending on your level of fame you can choose to ride a Van or a Limosine for special events, such as the Red Carpet or at a VIP party.

hqdefault.jpg

- Rent a limo for your wedding day!

7410147c5503d7ed9acafa2d16bab55b.png

BONUS

-Ambulance function to take a sick Sim to the hospital.
    For the REAL hospital.... The one who is forgotten in the Get to Work expansion, because we only visit when we are pregnant.
    -Ice Cream Car Back!
    - Motorcycles with croup for passenger.

MTS_spladoum-1431582-Screenshot-12232.jpg

-Traffic Lights and crosswalk in modern cities. (They don't necessarily have to be functional, but I'd love to see that kind of object on the streets with the addition of cars. To give it more immersion in the scenery and give us some good photos.)

images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQ-VsrvOWxLB_Yo5H2ad2jxCdqai2j0045hDhpxc981LYl9fHx6

tumblr_ptb1pimRws1yqbod2o1_1280.jpg

Very good ideas.
    So @SimGuruHydra is there a way for a base game update to include Cars in The Sims 4? I really wanted it in the game.

The Following Interactions Are:
    - Travel To/Travel To with.....
    - Add Fuel
    - Upgrade
    - WooHoo
    - Sit
    - Drive Around
    - Practice Driving (from Teen to Elder)

You forgot making out.
    All I want from cars are the option to have huge minivans to fit a bunch of kids. And I also want carseats for babies (hopefully coming with an overhaul for them).

I think it would also be great if you have a pet you can put them in the very back area of the car, (maybe even in a crate), when traveling with the animal.

Yes pets need to be able to ride in cars to like they could in TS3.