Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game plundering my library to make ghost

Yesterday sent a sim to the Strangerville bar on a hunt for army types to chat up for the spore detector. While there ghost night was announced, and the place was soon over run with them. Among the ghosts was a sim from my library that is not in game! Not only was she pilfered, but aged up from YA to A and several traits changed along with the aspiration. Never saw anything like that happen before, and I most certainly don't want that happening again! Only mod running is MCC, but am too new to it to know if it is responsible or not.

Comments

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I believe there is a setting in MCCC that will populate your game with sims from your library but I haven't used it so I'm not sure what it is.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Id be careful with mods like that because it all depends if your computer can handle it, the more sims you add the more pressure it puts on your memory and cpu.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    Yesterday sent a sim to the Strangerville bar on a hunt for army types to chat up for the spore detector. While there ghost night was announced, and the place was soon over run with them. Among the ghosts was a sim from my library that is not in game! Not only was she pilfered, but aged up from YA to A and several traits changed along with the aspiration. Never saw anything like that happen before, and I most certainly don't want that happening again! Only mod running is MCC, but am too new to it to know if it is responsible or not.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's an MCCC thing, not a game thing. It will use Sims in your tray to generate new random sims before it randomizes up a typical townie - except that they still get somewhat randomized clothing and traits as needed for whatever roll the game called for a random sim to fill.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    MCC has a setting to use sims from your library. It will randomize their age, their hair color, their traits, and other things if need be.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Sounds like something to look into when it's not so late or I'm so tired. MCC's been very helpful in a lot of ways, but I don't take kindly to pilfering.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    MCC has a setting to use sims from your library. It will randomize their age, their hair color, their traits, and other things if need be.

That setting can be helpful. At least for people who want to control the townies that will spawn.
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    Sounds like something to look into when it's not so late or I'm so tired. MCC's been very helpful in a lot of ways, but I don't take kindly to pilfering.
    MCCC > MC Population > Populating Settings > Import Tray Settings

You should be able to adjust the percentage of sims MCCC will generate using your library or whether or not to use hashtags to filter what sims to use.
    Thank you! Now to try it out.
    edited May 2020
    You solved the mystery, thank you! Went in, saw the defalut setting was supposed to be 0%, but for some reason it was 5, so made the repairs. Now, on to finding out how to de-ghost my sim.