Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, so, *now* what are your plans for Eco Lifestyle?

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    It's not strictly a plan, but from the info I've gleamed from @luthienrising's info thread it sounds like we can only make green neighbourhoods sims are living in?

So in WC for example, all my households live in the same neighbourhood - I can make that green, but in the WC commercial district all I have is community lots - so I can't make that neighbourhood green?

Is this right? because it affects how I'll use the pack.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    It's not strictly a plan, but from the info I've gleamed from @luthienrising's info thread it sounds like we can only make green neighbourhoods sims are living in?

So in WC for example, all my households live in the same neighbourhood - I can make that green, but in the WC commercial district all I have is community lots - so I can't make that neighbourhood green?

I have no idea tbh but I did wonder about that too for places like magnolia promenade.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @Lustianicia @MoonfoxNightcry I totally understand having your reservations, but let's try to stay on topic of this thread. There is however this great thread by @FurSimsOfficial. They make one for most pack releases I think and are perfect for those types of discussions :) Just want to avoid any unnecessary discussions here! Thanks for understanding.

@simgirl1010 Planning on approaching it in your usually slow-incorporating way or is even that hard to figure out? Maybe one of your families could use a bunch of eco stuff to update their home? Maybe one of your sim kids could become a civic engineer and move to this town after their university studies? Just thinking out loud :D

The discussion is literally titled, "OK, SO, *NOW* WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR ECO LIFESTYLE?"... I stated what I plan on doing (which is the same as before and provided a reasoning for it). You simply didn't like what I had to say. I still remained on topic because I explained what I plan on doing with it, which is the same as before. Just because you didn't like my criticism doesn't change that.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

I have no idea tbh but I did wonder about that too for places like magnolia promenade.

Yeah. My reasons for think it are, if you're in one neighbourhood in WC where you live, and it's green, you'll get the auroras at night. So at nighttime you might have the auroras going over your house, but if you then pop to a community lot that night in a different neighbourhood but same world, suddenly there's no aurora going. Go back to your home lot, suddenly the aurora's back again. I don't like the inconsistency.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    Cant believe the revealing trailer being so poorly done. But always wonder why houses look so interesting there and in the actual game its gone.. guess its all about performance issues for low spec customer? Like the vm appreciated missing lots that serve as shells instead?

The more I hear from the pack the more I get the feeling its far better than GF or IL. Really like what theyve done and I judged too soon at the beginning. :neutral: but still hoping EA is going to invest more into the Sims Team/Franchise than they do nowadays.

This may become my favorite expansion pack. :D we'll see. oh, and I am planing Community/Home lots for Evergreen Harbor first. Always depends on what I already got in other worlds. I like doing specific fitting lots for immersion.
    edited May 2020
    @Lustianicia @MoonfoxNightcry I totally understand having your reservations, but let's try to stay on topic of this thread. There is however this great thread by @FurSimsOfficial. They make one for most pack releases I think and are perfect for those types of discussions :) Just want to avoid any unnecessary discussions here! Thanks for understanding.

@simgirl1010 Planning on approaching it in your usually slow-incorporating way or is even that hard to figure out? Maybe one of your families could use a bunch of eco stuff to update their home? Maybe one of your sim kids could become a civic engineer and move to this town after their university studies? Just thinking out loud :D

The discussion is literally titled, "OK, SO, *NOW* WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR ECO LIFESTYLE?"... I stated what I plan on doing (which is the same as before and provided a reasoning for it). You simply didn't like what I had to say. I still remained on topic because I explained what I plan on doing with it, which is the same as before. Just because you didn't like my criticism doesn't change that.

I didn't ask whether you think it's an EP or GP but how people plan on playing with the pack. The intent was to share ideas, not discuss merits. I have no problem with criticism whatsoever and regularly dish it out myself but this place wasn't intented for that. And I think I asked you in a friendly and respectful way so there's really no reason to attack me or use caps.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member

I didn't ask whether you think it's an EP or GP but how people plan on playing with the pack. The intent was to share ideas, not discuss merits. I have no problem with criticism whatsoever and regularly dish it out myself but this place wasn't intented for that. And I think I asked you in a friendly and respectful way so there's really no reason to attack me or use caps.

My plans for Eco Lifestyle is to not buy it... I answered the thread by staying on topic.

Also, I used caps because that's literally how the thread is titled... YOU titled it that way... and I never attacked you... ever.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
    It's fine let's just move on :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,865 Member
    It's fine let's just move on :)

Thank you.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    The only thing that would make me consider getting it is having a new world. The theme of "Eco Living" doesn't add much to my playstyle. Just not my thing.
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I just realized I can’t put pictures in yet since I’m still a new member. Sorry, I’ll update all of these when I get promoted.

Your house looks amazing! You really nailed that islander feel. I’m getting “I was earning six digits a month in the city but that’s not the life for me” vibes from it. Hope that makes sense. ;)

I totally understand the window thing. There are some in my current build that I’d want adjusted too. And speaking of windows, have you seen all of the new ones we’re getting? I have big plans for that massive sliding door for another build. I’m just too excited for this pack!

Thanks for the help @SimTrippy I'm a full fledged member now!

I'll keep things in the spoiler tag so it won't clutter up your thread.
    As promised, here're my game updates! My simself, Jaik is a YA 3 days away from turning into an adult. He used to be an Angel Investor but I got bored so I made him quit and enrolled him in Foxbury for a pretend masters degree.

o0JeDQK.png

Here is where he currently resides. (It's currently winter. I know it's not the best for taking screenshots but it shows how the modern part sticks out.)
    ORFuXmj.png

Here's the house in a different season. I made him live in the modern part with a bunch of NPC roommates and they all pay him rent.
    HHUkgSi.png

IRL the house has limited windows because we are sharing walls with the neighbors. The modern house has it worse because it's just next to an alleyway similar to that lot in Evergreen Harbor (which is why I want to plop this down there) so it only has high windows. I tried keeping it in game but you can only decorate so much with all these walls.
    YePiFNH.png

I hope this "roof garden" and sunroom/seating space I made on the second floor for them to chill on actually has an effect on the overall eco footprint of the neighborhood.
    6m8b8R2.png

Here's the rooftop. Hopefully those slatted windows from IL would match with the EL vertical gardens' swatches so I can put them on the left side (near the exercise machine). The wooden box thing on the right is an air well that opens to the laundry below. I don't know how what to do with it so it's just like that. :#
    nlgIc1j.png

Hopefully all the other simmers would follow suite. If they're like us and just continue playing with their active households, I'd actually want to see how they plan to play with EL too. :)
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I think I am going to attempt bunk beds with the new ladders.

Like legit ones? Because I’m all over that.
    Well just a matter of using different levels and adding ladders. Simmers have done it before with split levels, but with the ladders it is going to be much easier to do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0PGah0Smo

RAVASHEEN has bunk beds out now. Unfortunately she isn’t a game changer so she has to wait until June 2nd for the patch so she can look at the bunk bed coding in order to upgrade her beds to have animations. But there still might be some issues since there isn’t really an animation of crawling into bed, except for the toddlers, and I don’t know enough about coding to know if that animation could be transferred to another life stage.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I think I am going to attempt bunk beds with the new ladders.

Like legit ones? Because I’m all over that.
    Well just a matter of using different levels and adding ladders. Simmers have done it before with split levels, but with the ladders it is going to be much easier to do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd0PGah0Smo

RAVASHEEN has bunk beds out now. Unfortunately she isn’t a game changer so she has to wait until June 2nd for the patch so she can look at the bunk bed coding in order to upgrade her beds to have animations. But there still might be some issues since there isn’t really an animation of crawling into bed, except for the toddlers, and I don’t know enough about coding to know if that animation could be transferred to another life stage.
    Yeah there are great mods for it too. I enjoy those. Just wanted to share my plans for doing it without mods. I am far from being skilled enough to mod the game. Most I have done is create recolors.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    Just found out your sims can eat the little worm things, so that is the 1st thing I'm going to do! Give it a hug and then EAT IT!
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I will probably make my family's 12th heir move there and complete one of the aspirations and get in a relationship with one of the townies. Then I will probably return in future generations, so I won't completely bore myself by playing through the entire pack immediately.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Just found out your sims can eat the little worm things, so that is the 1st thing I'm going to do! Give it a hug and then EAT IT!
    I don't think I'd like to have a hug off you haha.

I will probably start over and edit my Base Save with all the new stuff. I will create a new family/couple for the new world and include them in my rotation.

Not sure of story lines yet though.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    Now that i know about the trait to spawn trash in venues i want to put that in every lot of the least wealthy neighbourhoods of each world. Only the richest neighbourhood in each world will be clean. All the big mansions and the richest families will live there.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I don't play Sims 4 any more so there's nothing for me to think about with this ep. I don't care about the towns, the aspirations, what the sims can do to affect the worlds....

There's nothing that can make me play S4 again until they fix the sims.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Gonna finish building that house in Brindleton Bay and move in. Then start gardening.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think the polygamist cult leader is impacting my game's performance a little bit. I'm way over 200 sims in the save. I think whenever I get the Eco pack, I will kick him and his households out of my main save into a new one where I also play the more polluted world getting cleaned up. It can be an apocalyptic save full of hippies and cultists arguing with each other as the world spirals out of control. This means he will have amnesia again, but he'll be fine.

My main save will be more mainstream.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    edited May 2020
    @SimTrippy I just realized I can’t put pictures in yet since I’m still a new member. Sorry, I’ll update all of these when I get promoted.

Your house looks amazing! You really nailed that islander feel. I’m getting “I was earning six digits a month in the city but that’s not the life for me” vibes from it. Hope that makes sense. ;)

I totally understand the window thing. There are some in my current build that I’d want adjusted too. And speaking of windows, have you seen all of the new ones we’re getting? I have big plans for that massive sliding door for another build. I’m just too excited for this pack!

Thanks for the help @SimTrippy I'm a full fledged member now!

I'll keep things in the spoiler tag so it won't clutter up your thread.
    As promised, here're my game updates! My simself, Jaik is a YA 3 days away from turning into an adult. He used to be an Angel Investor but I got bored so I made him quit and enrolled him in Foxbury for a pretend masters degree.

o0JeDQK.png

Here is where he currently resides. (It's currently winter. I know it's not the best for taking screenshots but it shows how the modern part sticks out.)
    ORFuXmj.png

Here's the house in a different season. I made him live in the modern part with a bunch of NPC roommates and they all pay him rent.
    HHUkgSi.png

IRL the house has limited windows because we are sharing walls with the neighbors. The modern house has it worse because it's just next to an alleyway similar to that lot in Evergreen Harbor (which is why I want to plop this down there) so it only has high windows. I tried keeping it in game but you can only decorate so much with all these walls.
    YePiFNH.png

I hope this "roof garden" and sunroom/seating space I made on the second floor for them to chill on actually has an effect on the overall eco footprint of the neighborhood.
    6m8b8R2.png

Here's the rooftop. Hopefully those slatted windows from IL would match with the EL vertical gardens' swatches so I can put them on the left side (near the exercise machine). The wooden box thing on the right is an air well that opens to the laundry below. I don't know how what to do with it so it's just like that. :#
    nlgIc1j.png

Hopefully all the other simmers would follow suite. If they're like us and just continue playing with their active households, I'd actually want to see how they plan to play with EL too. :)

Oh congratz!! Hadn't seen this yet :D Your hose (lol, obviously I meant your HOUSE :D) is really, really cool, I love it. I think it'll indeed work well with this pack. Is it on the gallery by any chance?
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    The Harris family will get a little orchard for their juice business. Jeb will marry Maaike Haas' daughter that she had with Wolfgang Munch.

Knox will marry Becca Clarke.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I kinda want my sim (dunno who yet, maybe Guinevere) to shack up with Knox and create a little family of freegans.

James Turner's playthrough has inspired me to do Rags to Riches. I have never done it before and I think now is the time!
    giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    The dumpster is awesome for rags. I want to start a legacy with no money and only a dumpster. My sims will eat and sleep in the dumpster and bath at the gym.