Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited May 2020
    Sorry couldn't get link to work proper.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Ughhh so ready to be under double digits. So close yet so far.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Just read how there is also a "Landfill" lot trait type! They really thought of everything with this pack! They know that there will be many people who want filthy lots and this will do just that! I think I plan on making San Myshuno filthy and industrial all the time. The pack is so close to release already! Can't wait. :)
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    11 Days until bug eatin time

tumblr_mvvchmt5MI1sd4c1xo9_250.gif

tumblr_mvvchmt5MI1sd4c1xo10_250.gif

eB5JEnX.gif
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2020
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Just read how there is also a "Landfill" lot trait type! They really thought of everything with this pack! They know that there will be many people who want filthy lots and this will do just that! I think I plan on making San Myshuno filthy and industrial all the time. The pack is so close to release already! Can't wait. :)

This was the best news i've read today! Made my day! Can't wait for release day!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Loanet wrote: »
    I think a lot of people owe the Devs apologies. But they won't, because they're not that kind of people.

I just think the pack looks even better than I thought it was. It affects so much more than I was expecting.

Owe the devs apologies for what? Them getting paid isn't that enough.

Some simmers go too far by calling the devs lazy (or similar) just because they don't like what's being released. That, at least, is uncalled for.

May be but they are still getting paid regardless and that is also their opinion.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    I think a lot of people owe the Devs apologies. But they won't, because they're not that kind of people.

I just think the pack looks even better than I thought it was. It affects so much more than I was expecting.

Some simmers go too far by calling the devs lazy (or similar) just because they don't like what's being released. That, at least, is uncalled for.

May be but they are still getting paid regardless and that is also their opinion.

Most of the Devs love their jobs and work so hard to have certain things put into the game even when some of the programming is very hard, as anybody who's seen the Eco-Living Gameplay stream would realise. Their current modus operandi of making future packs enhance previous packs is not driven by sales as Devs do not get paid per sale, but the desire to enhance former gameplay even if you don't have every pack.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    That means nine days till they update right 9 days till firefighters and the repo Man come back to the game I hope burglars are next that would make my day I'd also love burglars to be an active career they already added the klepto trait and we already have the base game criminal career show an active burgular career shouldn't be a problem we also do we really need NPC police

Don't forget about the inventory 2.0 and ladders.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

They did. And you would think that this would serve as something of a cautionary tale regarding the ever popular ready-fire-aim approach to DLC reaction. However, it would seems that they're going to fly off the handle for the next one too.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I know I fell into the negative space when TS4 first came out and it felt ... Lacking. And I mean it kinda was but I think previous expectations definitely fueled that. I feel like the game is great now and honestly the last few trailers got me hyped and each pack has excited me in many ways. This pack is definitely one for the books I feel. I hope I'm not wrong and I hope the next game pack wows us all and gets the gurus the kudos they do deserve 😋💚🐻🐾🥰
    10 Days Left!!!!!

We're closing in on The Single Digits!!!!!
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Only thing I'm dreading is all the cc it's going to break 😆I usually spend weeks just doing a clean up before I can play 😖😖😖

It's likely that the inventory update will mess up with custom items and it's possible CC floors and wall patterns might break as well due to the flammability update.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    edited May 2020
    It's true that nobody asked for this kind of thing, but doesn't that mean that it can still be an exciting pack? I enjoy the concept and it's way different from Sulani's "keep the island clean" stuff. It's actually a more social work-like approach, something I - being a social worker myself - have always wanted to see more of in The Sims. I've experienced working with a neighborhood in real life like this, though only for an internship that lasted a week. It was fun! So, seeing this come to The Sims got me hyped!

Also, nobody really asked for Strangerville, but I love the unique concept the pack offered us as well!

I'm also very excited about these little 'phone prompts' sims can get. Like: "If you want a lot of money, you must marry a sim within 7 days..." I saw that on James Turner's latest video!

Please make these 10 days go by fast. >.<
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    That means nine days till they update right 9 days till firefighters and the repo Man come back to the game I hope burglars are next that would make my day I'd also love burglars to be an active career they already added the klepto trait and we already have the base game criminal career show an active burgular career shouldn't be a problem we also do we really need NPC police

Don't forget about the inventory 2.0 and ladders.

Oh yeah ladders in inventory 8 days away now can't wait
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    It's true that nobody asked for this kind of thing, but doesn't that mean that it can still be an exciting pack? I enjoy the concept and it's way different from Sulani's "keep the island clean" stuff. It's actually a more social work-like approach, something I - being a social worker myself - have always wanted to see more of in The Sims. I've experienced working with a neighborhood in real life like this, though only for an internship that lasted a week. It was fun! So, seeing this come to The Sims got me hyped!

Also, nobody really asked for Strangerville, but I love the unique concept the pack offered us as well!

I'm also very excited about these little 'phone prompts' sims can get. Like: "If you want a lot of money, you must marry a sim within 7 days..." I saw that on James Turner's latest video!

I know we're all in a hurry for the pack but I think we should enjoy this countdown thread while we have it it might be awhile before we get another one
    Has anyone else gone on a Sims watching video binge I've been watching lgr's old videos some of the game changers Sims 2 videos and call me Kevin Sims 2 and Sims 1 videos and rt Sims 3 videos are pretty good
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    I'm quite curious to see how bad things can get with this pack. Will polluted water have a lasting effect on mermaids and fishing? Nevertheless, this gameplay is giving me some really messed up story ideas >:) .
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oh just be released already!!!
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited May 2020
    Does anyone know what are the non eco actions which will make the eco level drop ? I know you can use some wall papers or floors with high pollution scores but what else can Sims do to pollute ? I didn’t catch this from the livestream. Thanks.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Does anyone know what are the non eco actions which will make the eco level drop ? I know you can use some wall papers or floors with high pollution scores but what else can Sims do to pollute ? I didn’t catch this from the livestream. Thanks.

Using a power generator, an atmospheric water collector (it's called something like this), launching a rocket, lighting a fireplace. I think more, but I can't remember.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    we are getting closer! we have one week for the patch and then a few days after that the new pack comes out..

Can you link that video? I'd like to see it.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

Can you link that video? I'd like to see it.

Here it is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeIYFIAo9ew&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I'm quite curious to see how bad things can get with this pack. Will polluted water have a lasting effect on mermaids and fishing? Nevertheless, this gameplay is giving me some really messed up story ideas >:) .

Unfortunately, there are no pollution effects to the water. I *think* this was according to SimGuruGeorge.
  • ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    edited May 2020
    Guys, I just realized something.
    The bizarre fruit from Strangerville is a fruit, right?
    Does that mean that we can make fizzed juices with it?
    Soon, the entire world will hail the mother!! 😂
    Post edited by Butterfreeguy on