Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Challenge Mash-Up by EuphorialQueen

Comments

• MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,787 Member
    @MayaRose1138 Crashes are so infuriating :cry: I am glad you are finding a way to get around it.

Well, I played today and for the first time in long time, I had absolutely no crashes! So I played for around four hours 😁. Got Luna through four days and six boyfriends 🤣. Even the ones who were single though, she had to ask them to break up with whoever they had already broken up with! The first two, she wished to go steady with them, then as soon as they had woohooed, wanted to break up with them 🤣. Then wanted to be friends with them... she’s a weird one, she is. The third boyfriend, she didn’t want to break up with but she had to so she could achieve her LTW. But we’ll go back to him after she’s finished ‘exploring her options’ (as the game so nicely put it 😏).

Astrid wished to marry Ricardo so we did that and just had a private wedding. That afternoon, she gave birth to Talon Chase. The naming theme for her kids is random picks from the Baby Genie website. Luna’s will be Kreatyve names. Incidentally, when she had the third boyfriend, Apollo, over, I let them do whatever they wanted all afternoon. They risky woohooed five times, spent the rest of the time flirting, and Apollo gave Luna 18 bunches of flowers!! But Luna didn’t get pregnant, so she’ll have to wait to get married.

On an annoying note, Ricardo is also a witch and spent a lot of his time targeting whoever he could with Fire Blast spells. He even did that to his pregnant wife! So I turned him human because I wasn’t going to deal with that all the time! (He has 11 traits, including pyromaniac!). And he came with $41,000! So we used that to double the size of Luna’s trailer, create a double-wide trailer for Astrid, and give them the basic furniture. My main worry is going to be those bills, now that there’s two trailers on the lot. I may have to put Ricardo into a part-time job, just to keep them afloat. But we’ll see :)
    The part about the boyfriends made me laugh :D

It’s been hilarious watching it! Boyfriend no.1 was a new sim I’d put into town, Micah. Luna wished to go steady, auto risky woohooed, then immediately wished to break up with him. As soon as she did that, she wished to be friends with him. He didn’t agree with that idea - I wonder why 😏. She still throws up wants to go on a date or send him a love letter.

Same with boyfriend no.2, Blaine, who is a second-cousin twice removed or something. Steady, woohoo, break up, want to be friends.

Boyfriend no.3 - steady, woohoo, flirt lots, woohoo, receive flowers, flirt lots, etc. Apollo is the one I’m hoping she’ll marry but it all depends on whether she can be friends with him again. Using the Clean Slate reward hasn’t done anything to help the relationships at all, so that was a waste of time,

Boyfriend no.4, Robbie, is Luna’s sister Winter’s ex, except that even though he said he was single, he still had to break up with Winter to do it. But she doesn’t hate Luna for it, so all good.

Boyfriend no.5, Fabian, is Micah’s brother. Steady, woohoo, break up, wants to be friends. Luna is still throwing up wishes for him too.

Boyfriend no.6, Reggie, is a distant cousin, the son of gen 2 heir Chiara’s little sister, Brianna. We’re onto gen 6 and some of the gen 3 cousins are still alive!! Steady, didn’t woohoo, broke up straight away.

Boyfriend no.7, Parker, is also a distant cousin but a lot younger :). Steady, didn’t woohoo, break up.

Boyfriend no.8, Jonathon, was a game-generated resident, and evil and inappropriate 😂. Steady, woohoo, break up. She’s still wishing for him a little too, which is good because that risky woohoo finally got to Luna, who is now pregnant. Which means that she should be marrying Jonathon but she had the best relationship with Apollo, so we’ve got to woo him 😁.

Boyfriend no.9, Elias, is a elder genie and has been around in the game forever! Steady, no woohoo, break up. Then no.10, Oro, is a recent widower who had married a distant cousin. Steady, no woohoo, break up. And LTW done!! One day, I might replay that LTW and do a wishacy, see how things end up, but since I’m playing to rules here, we had to get the LTW done before she can marry anyone. Now we have a little over a day to woo Apollo into marrying Luna :).

I have photos of nine of the conquests - just missing Micah’s because I didn’t think to get the romantic photos until after him. Now, the option doesn’t even come up for a friendly photo together, so I may be out of luck.
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    @MayaRose1138 That's incredible :smile:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
    edited May 2020
    Mionax wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 That's incredible :smile:

Thank you :). It’s the first time I’ve done that LTW - normally my sims find one partner and that’s it - and it was difficult! Most of the sims were receptive to Luna’s advances, but some of them like Apollo, who is an erratic sim, took a long time to start flirting back. And then he didn’t stop :). I found a glitch in my game, which is apparently a common glitch that was never fixed, and is caused by World Adventures. Once you break up with a sim, you can’t go steady or propose to them, even if your relationship is at 100% and extremely irresistible. There’s supposedly an option to ‘just ask to be friends’ somewhere but I couldn’t find it, and I didn’t want Luna to be mean to him in order to try and find it that way. So I cheated :). Now they’re married but the first time, when Apollo moved in, everyone else in the household stopped being controllable. So I stopped without saving, added him into the household earlier, and then they got married. So all is good now and Luna’s just waiting on the birth of her first child. Or children, since I have a higher rate of multiples in my games :).

Oh, I forgot to add to the list above that no.5, Fabian, was Luna’s sister Ivy’s boyfriend at the time. So now they’re mortal enemies and any friendly overtures that Luna makes towards Ivy are completely rejected :(. Perhaps I should have had Luna try a different sim but anyway. I’m totally surprised that Ivy turned up to the wedding and didn’t boo Luna at the altar!!
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    Ivy is now married to Desmond, who was the only sim to completely reject Luna’s advances, so in a way, Luna did her sister a favour by breaking up her relationship :). Luna had twins, Maxxwell Djames and Syerrah Dannyelle, and Astrid had a daughter, Trinity Serena. Maxx is a clone of his father, and Syerrah a clone of her mother, so they’re discounted as heirs. Trinity, however, is a good mix of her parents and is going to grow up to be so cute, so she’s in the running. She takes after her mother in that respect - Astrid is the cutest adult sim I’ve ever had in my game. She looks just like a pixie or something!!

Since the next challenge will be a pirate one, the heir will have a pirate name - ie. Bonney for a girl or Flint for a boy. (named after Anne Bonney, a real life pirate, and Captain Flint from “Treasure Island”. That means I will have to decide from birth basically, and will hopefully be one of Luna’s kids if she can have one with pink hair!
    @MayaRose1138 That's good! What is this pirate challenge you mentioned?
    Mionax wrote: »
    @MayaRose1138 That's good! What is this pirate challenge you mentioned?

It’s one I’m making up myself. They have to live in a pirate ship, plunder the town (so at least one sim needs the kleptomaniac trait), have the kids go to the custom pirate schools, and have the adults in the custom pirate career. And all children should be named after pirates, if at all possible :). Probably one sim will need to have the invention skill so they can blow things up too 🤣. Not sure what else yet.

It’s one I’m making up myself. They have to live in a pirate ship, plunder the town (so at least one sim needs the kleptomaniac trait), have the kids go to the custom pirate schools, and have the adults in the custom pirate career. And all children should be named after pirates, if at all possible :). Probably one sim will need to have the invention skill so they can blow things up too 🤣. Not sure what else yet.

It sounds entertaining. :)

Well, that will teach me to try and influence the number of kids. I had Luna watch some kids tv so that she would be guaranteed twins, and she ended up with quads!! Two boys - Sebasstyann Luqe and Hudzynn Marqq- and two girls - Pypyrr Kassydee and Destynie Logann. Destynie is the only one with pink hair so she is in the running for heir as I need to keep the pink hair in the family. But Luna still has two more pregnancies to go so she had better not have quads again!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    @Mionax In case you had not realized @MayaRose1138 is playing a version of this challenge in Sims 3. The Barnacle Bay world included a pirate ship complete with pirate ghost.

Loving all the things you are doing with the circus and pirates and all the other fun options. I keep forgetting to have my Sims 4 Moms-to-be watch kids TV.
    Thanks for the reminder. ;)
    Sims 3 gaming with pirates, that's great. Thanks for letting me know.
    Oh yeah, I should have pointed out which platform I’m using :). I keep thinking about getting Sims4 but the main thing, the size of the household, is a concern because I love having a lot of sims in the house. It’s not surprising for my household to end up being 23 sims (inc. pets)! However I do have a list of packs I would need if I did swap to Sims4 :)

Currently in the house, I have 15 sims and two dogs (I’m seeing if I can keep the same dog line going throughout the legacy too). Luna and Apollo have Maxxwell, Syerrah, Sebasstyann, Pypyrr, Destynie and Hudzynn. Astrid and Ricardo have Talon, Trinity, and newborn triplets(!!!) Clayton Blake, Paris Kenna and Brady Jarvis. Luna is allowed two more pregnancies, the dogs have to have puppies, and I only have eight slots left! I’ll be leaving the puppies as long as possible but Luna needs two more pregnancies to fulfil that part of the challenge.

Destynie is looking like being the heir from Luna’s line (unless there’s another girl with pink hair), while I’m undecided between Trinity and Paris as they have different colouring to other heirs and they’re cute :). It might end up depending on traits and how they go during the teen years when they’re uncontrollable.

Astrid has reached level 5 of her first career despite two pregnancies :). So she’s quit that one (vet) and is into the next one (which I’ve forgotten already!). Apollo reached level 3 of his part time sports career, so he’s swapped into culinary... I think. Ricardo is on level 2 part time sports. Luna just wanders around the house, doing a bit of sculpting, and looking after seven toddlers and three babies! Fortunately, half the toddlers sleep during the day and are awake at night, so it’s like they’re in shifts!! Maxx and Syerrah will age into kids next time I play, and Trinity is only a day behind. And the gen 3 heir, Belle, is about to pass away at 134 days old, which is the second oldest non-supernaturally aged sim in the game so far! She had 15 children, 25 grandchildren, and 14 great-grandchildren!

Her mother, Romilly, lived to 129, and grandmother Chiara was only 108 days old (life span is set to 106). Not sure about my founder, Tatiana, because I had aging off to start with but was probably about the same as Chiara. The longest lived in the whole game so far was the gen 1 heir’s boyfriend, Benji, who lived to 143 days! Long enough to see all of gen 4 born! The oldest supernatural born is from gen 2 and she’s a genie who is currently 154 days old and still an adult.
    Minor update: Luna had twins for her third pregnancy - Thoomas Rhyann and Brooklynn Klara. Brooklynn is another clone of her mother (that makes three out of eight kids), so Destynie is still looking like the heir as she is still the only one with pink hair. But there is one more pregnancy to go and only two household slots because the dogs had a puppy, so there is now 18 sims and 3 dogs in the household!

Astrid snuck in a TFB when I wasn’t looking and had her fourth pregnancy (she’s not having any more!) with baby Embry Aviana. Embry is cute but same colouring as her mother, so probably out of the running for one of the heir spots. And it’s going to be so much fun when all the kids reach teen years because for this challenge, they’re uncontrollable! There could be up to around 10 teens at the one time that I won’t be able to control! I’m trying to get all the kids to learn at least one skill because I know they’re not going to be doing it much as a teen. But they’re all pretty good on auto doing homework at the moment, so we’ll see :)
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Aspirations List for Base Game and All Current Packs Updated 10June2020
    Aspirations June 2020 Eco Lifestyle
    01 Animal - Friend of the Animals (Cats & Dogs)
    02 Athletic - Bodybuilder
    03 Creativity - Painter / Writer / Musician / Master Actor (GF) / Master Maker (EL)
    04 Deviance - Public Enemy / Chief of Mischief
    05 Family - Four choices (Including Super Parent & Vampire Family)
    06 Food - Culinary / Mixology / Grilled Cheese (Unlocked)
    07 Fortune - Wealth / Property
    08 Knowledge - Three choices plus Master Vampire / Archaeology Scholar (JA) / Spellcraft & Sorcery (ROM) /Academic (DU)
    09 Location - City Native (City Living) / Mystery of StrangerVille (StrangerVille) / Beach Life (IL)
    10 Love - Serial Romantic / Soulmate
    11 Nature - Botanist / Fisherman / Curator / Outdoor Enthusiast (OR Pack) / Jungle Explorer (JA) / Purveyor of Potions (ROM) / Eco Innovator (EL)
    12 Popularity - Joker / Friend / Party / Leader of the Pack / Good Vampire / World Famous Celebrity (GF)
    Love the kids names <3 Eight kids !!! Wow!

Thank you - there’s more now! So part of the challenge is to have four pregnancies. Luna had twins Maxxwell and Syerrah, quads Sebastyann, Pypyrr, Destynie and Hudzynn, twins Thoomas and Brooklynn, and now triplets Yzaak Djoseph, Leeah Khloe and Bonnee Nykole. Bonnee got renamed because after discovering she had pink hair, I compared what she and Destynie would look like as YA, and I like her colouring more than Destynie, so it’s decided - Bonnee will be the heir. Which means I have to wait until everyone has left the house before she takes over - so much for a quick generation :). Oh well, at least Astrid will have the chance to get her level 5 careers!

I still haven’t decided who will join Bonnee yet, but given the age differences, it might end up being Paris as she’s closer in age; Trinity is nearly a teen. Currently, there is one teen in the household, ten children, three toddlers and three babies. This should be fun 🤣.

Eleven kids for Luna and six for Astrid means 17 for this generation (I’m ignoring the wish Astrid has for ten babies!). That makes 80 babies in 6 generations! Just twenty more and they’ll reach the 100 baby part of the legacy :). That should take two generations or less.
    After more birthdays yesterday, there are now eleven uncontrollable teens in the house! And six children. This is going to be fun! Is it cheating in an ISBI for adults to tell the teens to go to bed? Because some of the teens are good on free will, others just stand around doing nothing. One of them, Hudzynn I think, spent two hours in the bathroom standing in front of the toilet!
    @MayaRose1138
    That is one HUGE household! My head would explode trying to manage everyone. :open_mouth:

I get the kids to do lots of skilling so that I know where they are but I’m not allowed to touch the teens in this challenge (normally I’d make them skill too). I’m making an exception when they age up so that they can enroll in a school that matches their traits, and a Saturday job. I probably should have also enrolled them in after school activities but oh well :). Talon has been forgetting to shower for about a day now!
    edited July 2020
    Well, Maxx is an i. diot! Because he’s a witch, he tried to do his homework using magic and singed himself. Then, because I can’t control the teens, he didn’t go have a shower, instead he sat outside playing with the dollhouse (he’s childish) in freezing cold weather, and then collapsed from the cold just when Talon finished aging into an YA. Luna had to thaw him out. I will stress again, Maxx is an i. diot! Just as well he ages up in four days. (The forum doesn’t like the word ‘i. diot’).

Because Talon will be moving out, I’ve let Apollo and Luna try for a baby in the time machine that Apollo made earlier in the challenge. Apollo wanted 10 babies (the first two of Luna’s aren’t his), so this is the only way he’s getting one :wink:

In other news, I’ve been keeping a handwritten family tree over the generations so I know who to take with the family every time I have to move a game to another town. I typed it up on the computer the other day. It took three hours 😒. There are 195 sims who have been born into the family over 6 generations, and 80 of them are in the main line. 107 are currently in the game; the others have died or have been pruned from the tree because they didn’t have any children by the time they were elders. Oh and one got lost because I accidentally put his elderly parents in a retirement home and forgot about him, so he disappeared altogether. There have also been two adoptions - Archibald married his cousin Warren and they adopted two children once I fixed the pregnancy/immigration issue. Another two male cousins recently got married but no children there yet because there’s too many people in town. Once Bonnee is old enough and we move to either Barnacle Bay or Isla Paradiso (if I decide to do the finding islands thing), I’ll trim the tree again and see who ends up with kids.
    edited August 2020
    I had to wrap up Luna’s generation early as my game developed a glitch which meant I couldn’t click on anyone’s icon who was adult or elder. I got Destynie married while I had 23 in the household, and that apparently caused something to break. Since Paris was an adult, and Bonnee had just aged into teen, I took all the family members I wanted into a new save in Barnacle Bay to start the next challenge. Bonnee is in pirate school, with a part time pirate job, and is mastering athletics and sim fu - as future Captain, she needs to be a master ‘swordswoman’. Paris is mastering inventing, as she is the ‘weapons expert’. She is also a kleptomaniac, so I’m trying to do the related LTW, which I’ve never done before. I added the University mascot into the household as the cook/gardener and hopefully Paris’s husband, and Bonnee has a local boy, Philip Annan, as her boyfriend already. He will be the ship’s surgeon and will master potions and handiness. When Bonnee is a YA, I’ll take the household to either China or Egypt so that they can ‘plunder’ some treasures 😆.

Also, a day after I switched households, Luna and Apollo divorced. He was the only one Luna wanted, and they were so lovey-dovey whilst I was in their household, but as soon as they’re on free will, they split up?
    Well, this generation started off well, until I took Bonnee and Philip to China. They did most of the adventures but then wouldn’t return home 😔. It took three days and a question to the forums to find a way that worked to get them home, if it hadn’t worked, the legacy would have ended because I didn’t have a backup save for that generation. I could have started again with the Porter file that I took into Barnacle Bay but it would have been a whole nine days to play again :(.

But anyway, Bonnee is now a YA, married to Philip, and about to have her first baby. She glitched when I took her to China - her life state altered from fairy/witch to genie, and her skin colour changed - but everything seems to be okay now. Paris had twins girls -Alina Maud and Samia Mabel (13th century names) and is pregnant again.
    The pirate challenge is going well. Bonnee has been to China, France and Egypt once each and completed her LTW of having a Private Museum. Egypt has been the best so far for raiding the tombs but she’ll be going back to China for raid plenty more tombs soon! She has had a pregnancy after each trip, with Flint Tajo first, then Drake Elian, then triplet girls Grace Kimona, Calico Chevelle and Bellamy Amoya. All her children are named after famous pirates/privateers (Captain Flint, Sir Francis Drake, Grace O’Malley, Calico Jack and Samuel Bellamy). Their middle names are Caribbean in origin, given that that area was a place frequented by pirates. Calico is the only girl with pink hair, so she is the likely forerunner for heir.

I couldn’t complete Paris’s LTW of stealing $50,000 worth of stuff because every time Bonne went on a trip, the counter reset 😒. But she did do it by stealing 3 cars every evening, including some from the police station!! Paris now has seven children: twins Alina and Samia, triplets Griffin Walter, Ellie Estrid and Madok Hugo, and newborn twins Osanne Isolda and Aveline Matilda. She won’t be having any more kids. Her husband Tucker went to France and learnt about nectar making in order to fulfil his LTW. He’s not all that good at making nectar though, mainly because I think he needs to grow more of the grapes to use rather than just use fruit. His LTW is being affected by travel as well but actually righted itself after making some more nectar.

All the adults have mastered the two or three skills they needed to complete that part of the challenge, although Bonnee is still working on the secondary skill of charisma. She is also at level 7 of the pirate career, so almost at Captain!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top