Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    This is how a lot of us felt about The Sims 3.
    EAxis nickles and dimes us to death with every new The Sims. Sorry, my wallet is crotchety.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i do not know why but this gives me a sense of deja vu

from sims1 to sims2

from sims2 to sims3

and now from sims4 to sims5 i apoligize for sharing my toughs here as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2020
    I like S4 but I love S3. I want them to continue improving S4, while they are perfecting S5. I will instantly buy S5 and will still play 2,3,4 & Medeival.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Not really sure I want a sims 5 at this point. Not because i'm attached to the sims 4 but because I think i'm just burned out on sims games at this point. This iteration wasn't the best in my opinion and I think EA just maybe should take a break and reassess their priorities when it comes to the sims franchise as a whole. They are trying to do too much as far as making sure the game is a safe space for people to play, while also doing very little in the area of actual gameplay. (We wouldn't want to offend anyone after all. It's nice to look at though!🙄) The results are half-baked packs that only cater to a small group of people while also having very little replay value overall. Idk. Like I said before i'm a little burned out on sims games and maybe i'm just being cynical.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    Dutchysim wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I want them to fix sims 4 first, before I buy another sims game.

Understandable, but I don't think they will. They didn't do that for TS2 or TS3, either. OFB still has a broken outfit problem (bug in later EP) where if you choose the outfits or makeup for the employees to wear there may be a bug that causes their faces to revert to premaid, non makeup, etc. face. Not even the same Sim actually. Stairs after M&G will throw a warning can't place next to a wall...oh bother, I wish they would have fixed that one before moving on to TS3. It's so annoying! Either remove the walls and place the stairs or use moo and maybe cause a bug by wrong placement. It's so, so annoying. It might be you have to rely on mods once a game is done.

I know :(
    I loved sims 3, still do, but the bugs and lagging makes it almost unplayable for me.
    They should have given us a major bug fix update before going to sims 4. People payed for their product. It should function correctly.
    That's why I am doubting if I buy sims 5. I don't need another unfinished sims game and who says sims 5 will be any better?
    And only the thought that I have to wait another 4 years for a new seasons pack, makes me depressed.

TS3 lags cos of the Open World it's having to Multi-task all those NPCs and process every bit of the game wheres in TS4 it's just Open World in the Neighborhoods which helps the game stop processing all the Sims in the other Neighborhoods and Worlds while you play and only the ones in the Neighborhood you're playing, right now 84 bit is still in the experimental stage so 64 bit is still where it's at in terms of what everyone supports so there's no technology right now that can really support processing an entire simulation game all at once. You would love TS1 though if you like TS3 because it's majorly recycled from TS1 the graphics is quite a downgrade from TS2 graphics despite being able to fit stuff into smaller spaces, i hope beyond hope though that's the idea of sticking with us for a lot longer, some people don't mind but they've been doing this for 20 years now.
  • Options
    ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
    Maybe we can have Sims 3.5 instead? Forget what a terrible idea TS4 was?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    For me, since they went back to TS1 game for TS4, maybe we can have TS2 and TS3 type play for TS5? Would make my Sim heart happy. :heart:
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Not really sure I want a sims 5 at this point. Not because i'm attached to the sims 4 but because I think i'm just burned out on sims games at this point. This iteration wasn't the best in my opinion and I think EA just maybe should take a break and reassess their priorities when it comes to the sims franchise as a whole. They are trying to do too much as far as making sure the game is a safe space for people to play, while also doing very little in the area of actual gameplay. (We wouldn't want to offend anyone after all. It's nice to look at though!🙄) The results are half-baked packs that only cater to a small group of people while also having very little replay value overall. Idk. Like I said before i'm a little burned out on sims games and maybe i'm just being cynical.

I think it's a combination of the weak engine that TS4 is built on and the design and feature choices that this particular group of devs have made. Either they consult with the former ideas people (not necessarily the devs who just write the code) and study the older iterations to see what features were cool and appropriate so that TS5 would be great, or get a new set of devs who loved the older iterations and have better ideas other than angry poops and naming features with something off like "Plopsy". The poop jokes were NEVER funny or cool. Just dumb!

If they do this AND keep the game offline, they'll gain all the players they've lost. Because let's face it, they are NOT going to get new players if they make TS5 online. It won't attract the kind of people who play MMOs, because the Sims games are not action filled and will be too "slow" for their liking.

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Zei wrote: »
    Maybe we can have Sims 3.5 instead? Forget what a terrible idea TS4 was?

This please <3.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Omaira wrote: »
    Someone mentioned the obsessive phone calls, that irritates me in the sims 3 too, (I still play sims 3 regularly) we should have control over that phone and also decide who to give your sim's number and when to change it, or al least be able to block some callers, like in real life.
    The "ask for a date" to my sim over the phone from complete strangers used to really get to me, and that is in sims 3, I don't know about sims 1 or 2, and yes that is a feature of the game and not a glitch.

You DO have control over the phone.

You can change when the phone calls occur in the NRAAS mod, Retuner:

Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers

PhoneService > kHourItsOkayToCall = 0 (Default:6)
    PhoneService > kHourItsTooEarlyToCall = 0 (Default:6)
    PhoneService > kHourItsTooLateToCall = 25 (Default:24)

How long conversations last:

Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Electronics

Phone > kMaxChatTimeMinutes > 15 (Default:60)
    Phone > kMinChatTimeMinutes > 5 (Default:30)

Edit calls by potential suitors:

Sims3.Gameplay.Socializing

AttractionNPCBehaviorController >kAttractionPhoneCallChance > 1 (or change to 0 for no chance at all) (Default:5)

So if there is something in TS3 that you don't like, you can change it in Retuner. You can also use SP3E to change stuff, but that's more complicated to use. Maybe someone will make a mod like this for TS4 if there isn't one yet.

Also, keep in mind that you have the entire Sims 3 section of this forum to help you. So ask for help if there is something in the game that you would like to change. Don't just complain about it and not see if there is a way to fix it. Almost anything in TS3 can be changed to your liking. It is the most flexible iteration out of the whole series.

Omaira wrote: »
    I think that the water drinking hides a message that we, players, should drink more water, but those well meaning messages fall flat because of the other message: that one that shows that it is ok to leave toddlers and babies unattended, and sleeping on the floor, which is worse than stealing the candy they should not be eating in the first place! (sims 3)

I've never seen my sims in TS3 obsessively drink water. Maybe in TS4? I don't think it's a message though. I just think the TS4 devs didn't take too much time implementing autonomous actions properly.

In Sims 3, it's up to the player to place a high chair and crib in all the places where a parent sim could bring a baby or toddler. Whenever I see a parent bring a child to a community lot for example or I go to a party where sims have a baby but don't have the necessary baby furniture in their home, I go into build mode, and add those things in, also a playpen, rocking chair and bathing station too if there's room and a stroller as well to the parent's inventories.

You can also hire a babysitter so that children aren't left alone. You can do this for the whole town in the NRAAS mod, Go Here.

Only sims with the evil trait can steal candy from a baby. It's the only trait that allows that. It's also not autonomous. You would have to click on an evil sim to do that. So if you don't want your evil sim to ever steal candy from babies or toddlers, don't click on that option.

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    EAxis nickles and dimes us to death with every new The Sims. Sorry, my wallet is crotchety.

At least most every gameplay feature works in The Sims 3. Not so much with TS4 - you need a ton of mods just to make a lot of TSf work properly. Also the basegame of The Sims 3 was packed full of gameplay and not barebones. I still play just the basegame with no mods or other packs occasionally because it's still pretty fun playing it that way. Not so much with TS4.

The EPs for The Sims 3 were also massive and gave you a lot of options. Though thematic, there were several different themes which worked together well, and worked together well with the basegame and the other expansions of The Sims 3. So for the price, they are worth it. Not so much with TS4 EPs that have far less features than previous iterations.

So it's no surprise that The Sims 3 continue to sell well, even though it's not on sale anywhere near as much as TS4 and its packs.

The way I kept my wallet happy and not crotchety: I personally saved A LOT of money by not buying anything for TS4.

• Options
    edited May 2020
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    For me, since they went back to TS1 game for TS4, maybe we can have TS2 and TS3 type play for TS5? Would make my Sim heart happy. :heart:

TS4 does feel very TS2 and 3 as well but it's just mixed with TS1 giving it that more TS1 vibe too but i'm definitely getting the same feelings i did with TS2 as well i feel like when i start playing i can just start where i left off but improved, haven't played TS3 but it definitely has a lot of the TS3 features in there but i gotta admit the Color Wheel would be handy i've been swayed LOL but if they don't then i guess they just want us to download CC since they've got The Gallery for sharing with each other, but if the CC breaks *shrugs* that's why it would be handy.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

TS4 does feel very TS2 and 3 as well but it's just mixed with TS1 giving it that more TS1 vibe too but i'm definitely getting the same feelings i did with TS2 as well i feel like when i start playing i can just start where i left off but improved, haven't played TS3 but it definitely has a lot of the TS3 features in there but i gotta admit the Color Wheel would be handy i've been swayed LOL but if they don't then i guess they just want us to download CC since they've got The Gallery for sharing with each other, but if the CC breaks *shrugs* that's why it would be handy.

Hi :)
    Sorry, I must respectfully disagree. It doesn't feel TS2/3 at all. It's a fuzzy looking wanna be pretty pretty feels game with nothing much but filler EA money maker- imo.
  • Options
    sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »

Understandable, but I don't think they will. They didn't do that for TS2 or TS3, either. OFB still has a broken outfit problem (bug in later EP) where if you choose the outfits or makeup for the employees to wear there may be a bug that causes their faces to revert to premaid, non makeup, etc. face. Not even the same Sim actually. Stairs after M&G will throw a warning can't place next to a wall...oh bother, I wish they would have fixed that one before moving on to TS3. It's so annoying! Either remove the walls and place the stairs or use moo and maybe cause a bug by wrong placement. It's so, so annoying. It might be you have to rely on mods once a game is done.

I loved sims 3, still do, but the bugs and lagging makes it almost unplayable for me.
    They should have given us a major bug fix update before going to sims 4. People payed for their product. It should function correctly.
    That's why I am doubting if I buy sims 5. I don't need another unfinished sims game and who says sims 5 will be any better?
    And only the thought that I have to wait another 4 years for a new seasons pack, makes me depressed.

TS3 lags cos of the Open World it's having to Multi-task all those NPCs and process every bit of the game wheres in TS4 it's just Open World in the Neighborhoods which helps the game stop processing all the Sims in the other Neighborhoods and Worlds while you play and only the ones in the Neighborhood you're playing, right now 84 bit is still in the experimental stage so 64 bit is still where it's at in terms of what everyone supports so there's no technology right now that can really support processing an entire simulation game all at once. You would love TS1 though if you like TS3 because it's majorly recycled from TS1 the graphics is quite a downgrade from TS2 graphics despite being able to fit stuff into smaller spaces, i hope beyond hope though that's the idea of sticking with us for a lot longer, some people don't mind but they've been doing this for 20 years now.

This is not quite right though. It isn't all about 64bit and all that. All sims games has been built on an ancient API called dx9 which has limitations in taking advantage of CPU power. Yes the sims 3 lagged because it was an ambitious title built on limitations. Draw calls and limitations in taking advantage of CPU power, cores and whatnot. If they built a sims game on dx12 all the CPU workload could be spread out on all cores a player has available and in turn remove the bottleneck and that would solve both simulation lag and frame drops.
    Simulation will always require CPU power and not so much a good graphics card and this has been true for all sims games but the problem is and always has been that the games aren't able to scale well to better hardware due to them being built on dx9.
    The removal of open world was because they decided to build another game on dx9 instead of progressing and that might be because it was cheaper or because they failed to understand that most players have moved on to having more CPU cores and better hardware in general.
    32 or 64bit has more to do with memory usage.
  • Options
    edited May 2020

Hi :)
    Sorry, I must respectfully disagree. It doesn't feel TS2/3 at all. It's a fuzzy looking wanna be pretty pretty feels game with nothing much but filler EA money maker- imo.

Partly to make money yes but since Maxis are doing TS4 it's really not EA making the game now, but EA definitely trick people into buying the packs as if they're TS2 packs that seemed like it added more to the game cos they put hardly anything in the Base Game it simply was just SO basic, TS3 they definitely changed it around to putting more in the Base Game as i've read but definitely not like wth TS4 now, even when there's no need to buy them all now they try to get you to lol, you forget in TS1 we had very little stuff and in the Expansions just super small additions to it and it's the same in TS4 but they've just given us most of the game in the Base Game LOL the Packs are definitely more for the kids than anything else but older players we don't want that stuff so we don't need to get it when we can just play the Base which was obviously intentional otherwise they wouldn't have done that. Simulation Games are called Sandbox Games or Non-Games which means we aren't supposed to take them as seriously as other types of games and Maxis have definitely took it right back to how classic Sandbox Games are.
    sikasika18 wrote: »

This is not quite right though. It isn't all about 64bit and all that. All sims games has been built on an ancient API called dx9 which has limitations in taking advantage of CPU power. Yes the sims 3 lagged because it was an ambitious title built on limitations. Draw calls and limitations in taking advantage of CPU power, cores and whatnot. If they built a sims game on dx12 all the CPU workload could be spread out on all cores a player has available and in turn remove the bottleneck and that would solve both simulation lag and frame drops.
    Simulation will always require CPU power and not so much a good graphics card and this has been true for all sims games but the problem is and always has been that the games aren't able to scale well to better hardware due to them being built on dx9.
    The removal of open world was because they decided to build another game on dx9 instead of progressing and that might be because it was cheaper or because they failed to understand that most players have moved on to having more CPU cores and better hardware in general.
    32 or 64bit has more to do with memory usage.

I wish that were true but a lot of people are actually only just getting new computers and same here, partly due to the Recession in 2008 and partly companies being really behind on the technology because they couldn't afford it, now everyone's ditching 32 bit systems for good they've finally caught up to 64 bit but they supported 32 bit for a lot longer really but even now not many people are wanting to spend money on a more powerful setup right now because it's still a lot more expensive. You don't want the latest and greatest stuff either the Graphics Cards are still experimental, how people buy computers is they just wait until what's being worked on is perfected and then the price drops way down.
  • Options
    Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member

I have been playing this game since sims 1. :)
    Sims 3 will always have a special spot for me. I loved the open world and gameplay.
    I miss the freedom and the creativity that game gave you.
    Sims 4 is nice and smooth, but it never gave me the excitement with every pack, like the sims 3 did.
  • Options
    The packs aren't supposed to really "add" to the game, in Simcity and The Sims 1 it never really did, in TS2 it seemed like they added to it because there was just a few types of Community Lots and Fishing in the Base Game and that's it LOL you had to buy Nightlife to get nightclubs, vampires, witches and the items, Seasons for the weather, crafting benches, more interactions and more stuff etc... but 5 "Expansions" later and nothing much changes with the game if you add more Packs, but Sandbox Game means they're just Toys you add to the game, Simcitys packs has even less than TS1 and TS4 in fact they're just mini packs. The way they did the "Expansions" in The Sims 2 though it made it seem like they truly added to the game but in hindsight not by much, now in The Sims 4 because we've been given like 4/5 Packs but with less stuff you can really see how anything after it is just simply Toys and that's generally how the Sandbox Genre is meant to be.

I think The Sims 4 still gives us a lot more freedom especially with the new Building Tools but you can still run around the area you teleport to but TS3 graphics and sounds were SO taken from TS1, when that game started though even with the smaller Packs there wasn't much in it and definitely not in the Base Game it was minimum and you really couldn't do much with the Build Tools face it haha :D if there's being limited THAT is what's limited, the games after are just SO great in comparison to that why there isn't much point going back to it really. How much more this game can improve though... i don't feel it can any more particularly when we don't exactly have the Technology to take it much more further right now.
  • Options
    simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Speak for yourself OP ;) I have no interest in TS4, haven't bought anything. I was expecting TS4 to be a sequel to Sims 3 and what a chock, look what we got... I want a Sims 5 if it's done right. I'm not buying if it's online, aimed for kids, has no gameplay or useless traits.
  • Options
    amchristianamchristian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited May 2020

At least most every gameplay feature works in The Sims 3. Not so much with TS4 - you need a ton of mods just to make a lot of TSf work properly. Also the basegame of The Sims 3 was packed full of gameplay and not barebones. I still play just the basegame with no mods or other packs occasionally because it's still pretty fun playing it that way. Not so much with TS4.

The EPs for The Sims 3 were also massive and gave you a lot of options. Though thematic, there were several different themes which worked together well, and worked together well with the basegame and the other expansions of The Sims 3. So for the price, they are worth it. Not so much with TS4 EPs that have far less features than previous iterations.

So it's no surprise that The Sims 3 continue to sell well, even though it's not on sale anywhere near as much as TS4 and its packs.

The way I kept my wallet happy and not crotchety: I personally saved A LOT of money by not buying anything for TS4.

Oh, I guess I should have been clearer. We didn't want TS4, we just wanted them to fix the issues in TS3. I have all the TS3 expansions and I still play, and love, it. I enjoy TS4 as well, but I miss a lot from TS3. Being able to create entire worlds or modify current worlds, are just two of the things I love.

:)
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i do think a sims 5 has to happen. at some point i think we need 5 but im not in a rush. i hope they take the time with 5 and not rush it out before its ready. and in the meantime if 4 is still having content come out thats great. makes the wait for 5 easier if theres still being new things added into 4. im not sure if im ready for sims 5 yet but i think someday a 5 should happen.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020

I want to see the new technology for TS5 but I think I feel the way you do. Considering the attitudes toward players, and other things and the choices of topics they have chosen for packs and or gameplay which I felt was lackluster to say the least, I think I've turned sour on the franchise as a whole. Maxis of today is not Maxis of 1998. A company that cared about more than likes on Twitter and actually told me to challenge everything :p but if I should now it's rebuffed with telling me how to think it and say it,....I don't think I'm going to be moving over to TS5 if that's par for the course.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,191 Member
    edited May 2020
    Ravenna wrote: »
    *you
    You dont need Sims 5.
    I do however. Sims 4 cant improve the way I see it. Its a done deal. I hope for Sims 5

I want to you uninstall all of the packs you've got for Sims 4, and then play just the basegame, and tell me then if we need that, again, with different graphics.

If we have an actual good base game . The base game in four is a joke. If we have new game with a new foundation with better sims , better worlds, and create a style. Then sign me up . This game can not last forever.
  • Options
    Jay269Jay269 Posts: 1 New Member
    [quote="Horrorgirl6;c-17518219"][quote="Ravenna;c-17503266"][quote="StrawberryYogurt;c-17503245"]*you
    You dont need Sims 5.
    I do however. Sims 4 cant improve the way I see it. Its a done deal. I hope for Sims 5[/quote]

I want to you uninstall all of the packs you've got for Sims 4, and then play just the basegame, and tell me then if we need that, [i]again[/i], with different graphics.[/quote]

If we have an actual good base game . The base game in four is a joke. If we have new game with a new foundation with better sims , better worlds, and create a style. Then sign me up . This game can not last forever.[/quote]

Agreed. Though I am wary of a few prospects and rumours I've been hearing, like in-game purchases and lack of more "fantastical" elements.
    Firstly, we pay a lot for all the games and content. I really don't want to have to complete challenges or pay in-game just to obtain a particular feature.
    And while I like playing a normal human life, I also love playing with magic and vamps and fairies etc. Visiting an alien realm is always interesting and things like this just can't be done in the real world. TS5 would lose its charm without these major themes. I mean TS4 is already a bit disappointing in comparison to previous Sims games on that part.
    Tbh, I love the idea of being able, when I want, to go online and visit my friends houses, but I'd also still love the single-player life alongside it, y'know?
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    WE don't need Sims 5, but EA does.

Welcome to Capitalism.

EA exists solely to exponentially generate profit. Can't do that if everybody's playing a game they bought a decade ago.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    The last thing I want is for Sims 5 to be a glorified Sims 3. In fact I don't need it at all.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.