The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should TS4 come to an end and make place for TS5?

123457...Next

Comments

• JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    I know they have to move forward eventually, but I'm not looking forward to having to wait years for weather, pets, and supernaturals. If EA would include many of these things in the base game and create new types of packs then fine..but I just got back into playing the game this past year after a long hiatus.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel a lot of people aren't understanding The Sims 4 nor The Sims 3 people have lost understanding of it, i feel it's because of EA's sales tactics trying to constantly force the packs, it took me a few days to get it too because i was confused about all the Stuff Packs and Expansions but since TS4 is now being done by Maxis and EA is just selling it for them like they did with TS1 it feels very Sandbox and all the Packs they're just more for kicks again and i think totally optional despite EAs sales tactics, alas it's not perfect the Business Tools aren't the best, Cafés are just meh... and both Cafés and Restaurants are better as Community Lots just like in TS2 but you have to buy 2 Packs to get both yup... but the way the Base Game has most of the stuff for you to do (Fishing, Gardening, 99% of Community Lot types including Generic and Off-Grid where you can build Vacation Homes), it's clear Maxis's intention is to bring it back to being more of a Sandbox Game like it always was and to just get Creative with it again.

For a while from The Sims 2 it became more about using the Expansions and collecting them in order to have more to do but it's gone away from that again, also from The Sims 3 Electronic Arts were trying to incorporate TS1 back into the game like TS3 is recycled from TS1 apart from the Open World, Color Wheel, Tasks and Challenges and in some form mixed with higher graphics but even the sounds from it are from The Sims 1 apart from the sound that came up when you clicked that was from The Sims 2, even the car sounds and the voices though it was the same like in TS1, the interface and the Neighborhood Map is also clearly TS1, they also went back to The Sims 1 Simlish where in TS2 they changed it.

With The Sims 4 it's again got some TS1 incorporated into the game especially all the speech bubbles, quirky phone calls and just the way the game is done with Gardening, Fishing and Crafting it's totally TS1 it even has the Woodworking Table in the Outdoor Pursuit pack that all the long term players loved so much and it's also more TS1 Simlish but it's more Sims 2 Graphics the way it's clearer but it now has a more Landscape Painting feel which is so beautiful :) the World Map though man that's SO The Sims 1 LOL. You do have semi-open world though but it's just restricted to the Neighborhoods you can still run around each area you just Teleport there but i feel there's still a great deal of freedom.

They definitely should have added all the things it needed at the start but point is the Packs aren't absolutely necessary now to enjoy the game because of it going back to it's Sandbox Game roots, i feel better now that i understand it more myself and definitely took me a second to get used to the the TS1 vibe and that we don't have to buy the Packs if just want a more TS2 gameplay and that's definitely my fave game so i certainly want that, it's up to you if you want the Packs to have fun with it or if you can't let go of TS2 and just want that LOL.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Maxis definitely lost their way in terms of vision for the future of The Sims series. I think they need new ideas people for TS5 because the ideas implemented in TS4 have been pretty off or stale. I really hate the toilet jokes too: angry poops and Plopsy come to mind. They're so dumb! I'm embarrassed for who ever came up with those! I want new ideas people for TS5 that can come up with cool features that are not niche or preachy or politically correct or just dumb.

This is why people are more excited about Paralives because even at this stage, it has things that The Sims series has never had before: gridless lots, curved walls and stairs (which can be used in pools too!), dynamic movement and lighting of objects, resizable objects and height sliders for Parafolks! And that is just the world features. They are going to develop Parafolk AI soon and people are more eager about that than what new buggy pack will come out for TS4.

I even have higher hopes for Paradox Tectonic's game knowing it is being made by former Maxis devs that made the legendary TS2 and TS3 and their amazing gameplay.

So EAxis really should step it up for TS5 and make it amazing. Don't hire any of the people who came up with the ideas for TS4.

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    No, because Sims 4 isn't finished. It's still missing, Werewolves, Fairies, Genies, Mummies, Generations, the Heartshape Bed, Bunk Beds, Spiral Stairs, Cars & Hotel Resort.
  • coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    For me it really depends on what sort of Sims 5 we actually get. If it is a game with more depth in its systems with an open world (or at least neighbourhood) then the sooner the better. If it is multiplayer, the longer the Sims 4 goes the better. I'm not interested in a multiplayer Sims 5.
  • daisy1989daisy1989 Posts: 87 Member
    I feel The Sims 5 is a long way off, they're still creating packs for 4 and aren't showing any signs of slowing down. Plus how miffed would people be if they finally sorted out The Sims 4, gave us everything we wanted and then announced The Sims 5?

If there is a 5, I hope they combine and develop the gameplay of The Sims 2 with the graphics, CAS and build/buy mode of The Sims 4. I read about a possible online element and I really hope this will be optional. If not then I will definitely not be interested in The Sims 5.
    Check out my YouTube channel @ DaisySims
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2020
    I would like to see the TS2 again but with all the custom content I have for my Sims. :D Default replacement skins in my game, default replacement eyes, and hair by CoolSims, or NewSea or many other creators. Also, a lot of the furniture and clutter and objects I have in TS2 after sixteen years of adding and adding...lol...then I might be impressed with a new game with new 'graphics' if it took all my cc and actually built the graphics out of that. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    From a tweet someone showed me...
    There isn't any plans for TS5 right now because TS4 got major bad press and they don't wanna make another bad game.
    It's a shame.
  • Leahmiller2006Leahmiller2006 Posts: 354 Member
    As long as the contents good, I don’t care whether it’s Sims 4 or 5. If they make the sims 5 good then he’ll you bring it on but if not then I don’t rlly know. I just want some good content. For me babies is #1 on my list so wherever they bring that I’m heading
    Let Your Smile Change Your World, But Don't Let The World Change Your Smile.

5K Mud Run For Cancer Research, 14 July 2018.
    Sims 4, 25th December 2014
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    No new Sims versions will be good until it's been out for about four years.
  • rune1973rune1973 Posts: 15 New Member
    i would say no i only came into playing it i think beginning of last year since i was playing sims 3 still and wasent sure if my pc could still play it hoping it can play sims 5 if i havent upgraded my pc by time it comes.