Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Expansion Packs

Whats your favorite Sims 3 Expansion Pack and why?

Mine is Generations, it makes me feel so much closer to my sims, watching them grow from a baby to an elder and experiencing milestones with them.

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Generations - it's the one I miss the most if I play without it on my laptop, which doesn't have room for all the EP's.
  • Options
    stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Ambitions. It’s a must-have for me because of the skills and careers, the ability to be self-employed and the consignment shop.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I would also choose generations. I like a lot of them but i was thinking 'if i had to play with one and one only expansion'...? I couldn't play without generations for sure. It just adds too much to the game, on it's chore... it's not about objects, it's about gameplay.
  • Options
    thesimmers340thesimmers340 Posts: 21 Member
    I think my fav is Seasons. It adds a lot to the open world!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2020
    University, for the sheer amount of content it adds even if you rarely or never bring sims to Uni World itself. It's not the first EP I would encourage someone newer to the game to try, that would be Ambitions or maybe Late Night, but I played with Uni content for real time months before actually sending anyone to uni. There's the science, street art, social networking skills, herbs, gourmet coffee/tea in all their varieties, bowling alleys, comic book stores, table tennis, keg parties, the PlantSim occult state, the annoying but sometimes amusing mascot -- everyone seems to hate them, but ever try to seduce one to see if they keep their mask on during woohoo or when they fall asleep afterwards? I won't spoil the surprise. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'd have to say there's a tie between seasons and generations. Those by far have always been my favorite packs and they are neck and neck.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    For the longest time my favorite was Ambitions. I loved the careers and gadgets! But after many years of play, I think my true favorite is Seasons. Without weather in the game, it just doesn't feel like a life simulation. That is the first Expansion pack I would suggest for a new simmer.
    Then of course, get Ambitions! ;)
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    Patch__2008Patch__2008 Posts: 498 Member
    Definitely Pets. I loved being able to find and domestic wild animals like bird and snakes (which are my favorite pets lol.) I also really liked owning and training horses for competitions. My simself in my first Pets save spent her whole life becoming an amazing horse trainer and never got married or had kids lol.
    ~Find Me On YouTube: My Channel~IG: katiesadie00~Twitter: katiesadie00~
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Probably WA. Many of my sims do martial arts and I love nectar making. I don't much care for the traveling aspects, but it brings many things I enjoy to the game.
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    [quote="igazor;c-17472082"]University, for the sheer amount of content it adds even if you rarely or never bring sims to Uni World itself. It's not the first EP I would encourage someone newer to the game to try, that would be Ambitions or maybe Late Night, but I played with Uni content for real time months before actually sending anyone to uni. There's the science, street art, social networking skills, herbs, gourmet coffee/tea in all their varieties, bowling alleys, comic book stores, table tennis, keg parties, the PlantSim occult state, the annoying but sometimes amusing mascot -- everyone seems to hate them, but ever try to seduce one to see if they keep their mask on during woohoo or when they fall asleep afterwards? I won't spoil the surprise. :) [/quote]

I'm a newish player, and UL is the only EP I have so far. I quite like it. So if it's not the best one to pick first, it's still pretty good.

Incidentally, I seem to recall reading that UL allows you to add apartment blocks to your hometown, a la Late Night. Is that correct? If so, I might make Ambitions rather than Late Night my next choice, because that's one of the reasons I want Late Night.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

I love supernaturals so Supernatural is the winner for me. :smiley:
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    For me it's:

1. Generations - have to have the kids growing up and taking over the continuity of the family.
    2. World Adventures - can't live without the tiberium rocks...
    3. Pets - dogs...all purpose; teach 'em to hunt and they'll find high-value gemstones and ore that can be either cut or smelted into their respective simoleon make ventures.
    4. Seasons - can't do without the weather.
    5. Supernatural - all the other different gemstones that one can find.
    6. Coming in last but not least...is Ambitions. I like playing with explosives (Sims 3 Det Packs). What else is new? That's when I'm not hurling meteors at my Sims. :D
    Screenshot-81.jpg

GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Gamer43251Gamer43251 Posts: 51 Member
    Only two expansion packs i cannot live without is supernatural and into the future i love having robots but i also love having vampire families plus ending up with orange skinned descendants is fun af xD
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    Late Night, because I love the nightlife theme, and it has my favourite world, a ton of new venues to go to and lots of activities and things to do.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    [quote="Sigzy05;c-17515267"]Late Night, because I love the nightlife theme, and it has my favourite world, a ton of new venues to go to and lots of activities and things to do.[/quote]

Just from reading about it, that world is one of the main reasons Late Night is high on my list of EPs to get soon.
  • Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Late Night, because I love the nightlife theme, and it has my favourite world, a ton of new venues to go to and lots of activities and things to do.

Just from reading about it, that world is one of the main reasons Late Night is high on my list of EPs to get soon.

Anything involving gameplay with family and friends being revolved around the player is fine by me. That usually means that there will be more than a few stuff to do. My favorites are:

Late Night: I love the city, so having my sims drive down in the busy streets of Bridgeport to hangout at a club's hotspot by themselves or with their gang, is super fun to look forward to, and not to mention having to be wary of vampires wanting to suck your sim's blood😈. And of course, I love having the option on whether I'd like if my sim were a celebrity (except for the invasive paparazzi).

Supernatural: Every time when I think I don't need this pack, I immediately regret my decision and begin downloading the disk. The creatures I miss playing, but still hardly play are fairies and werewolves. I think I prefer having my supernaturals fairly populated, although, it would be nice to have a world filled with mortals. My favorite supernatural is a vampire. I don't know, the whole glowing skin effect, craving of blood, being sensitive to the fun (unless using sunscreen), feasting, and other attributes is what makes them feel complete. I could be wrong, but I don't think being a vampire varies by sim age? Unless, I'd assume, a tot? Anyways, I love the ability to change the moon cycle and how that'll change the world. There's almost nothing I don't like about it, except, I guess the zombies. They are bothersome, but they do add a nice touch.

Generations: The one main thing I love about this pack are the digital cameras. When I saw this, I was impressed with how it maneuvered and your sims. To be able to move your sim around like someone who'd actually be filming, is pretty neat, but to then be able to stock that file and watch it on the bigger screen is pretty cool in itself. Added content for my sim babies include the strollers, see-saws, tree houses, costume chest, the imaginary friend (even though it's daunting), sleeping bags, and the slip n' slide (for the family). Another thing I like about this pack are various activities your sim teen could do: teen parties - being able to invite over your friends for a wild night while your parents/guardians are out vacationing, whether or not your sim would like to have a prom, having after-school activities, being grounded from missing curfew, snubbing someone...I'm sure there's more, but I haven't noticed anything different.

Seasons: I love how, depending on the temperature, can determine the fate of your sims. If it's too low then your sim will either freeze, but still live. However, if it's too hot, your sim will be the cause of spontaneous combustion. Unless you're using Celsius, it's pretty rare. The festivals are everything! My favorite things to participate in are apple cobbling, eating contests, eating snow cones, ordering something from the booth, paying for or auditioning for a kiss, playing group games, getting your face painted...I mean, pretty much everything, really. I think the main two seasons I love are winter and fall just because of their settings. I love summer too, but it only has fair play.

University: I'm usually focused on having my sims pass their classes, unless they have a bad reputation. I enjoy the parties like the previous gen. The juicing, pong playing, loud music thumping, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 college students, and slumped over guests, makes it entertaining enough for me to indulge. I love the clique hangout spots as well as the bowling alley. It's pretty convenient and chill setting. I practically have that and their community pool as my going away parties. Whenever attending the rabbit holes, I like that you can sleep faster if they lacked it from staying up too late and being able to get extra credit if you're behind. You can also try and convince someone to share cheats with them, but if they're not willing than you can cheat yourself (I don't believe there's success to cheating in all of your class session(s)).
  • Options
    macbby101macbby101 Posts: 4 New Member
    For me it'd definitely have to be generations! With so much content and personality it brings to every stage of life it was so amazing to me. Even elders got some content, gotta love Southern gentlemen lol. Prom, graduation, strollers, and so many other things that came with the pack that were incredible. It's incredibly sad that Sims 4 will probably never have an expansion pack like this but I've always loved Sims 3 more so it never bothered me. I'm currently waiting on the Sims 3 64 bit version to finally re-download generations and play for hours on end again!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I just remembered how many hours I spent playing university. It was almost as good as the Sims 2 University.
    My favorite Sims 3 pack has to be seasons though. It fully changed the game for me.
    Honorable mention: Ambitions 'cause that was fun!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Generations-I love family play.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    My favorite is Supernatural. That's the EP that got me into playing Sims in the first place. I had only ever played Fantasy RPGs before, and then I saw Quxxn's review of Sims 3 Supernatural and I fell in love with the game. There are plenty of other EPs I can't do without, like Seasons, Generations, Late Night, and University, but my #1 will always be Supernatural. <3
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    I can't play without - Late night (for the music instruments), University (for the smartphones and cool interactions), Generations (for gift interaction and babysitter career) and Ambitions for the careers.
    My main saved games must have all the above, otherwise something is missing.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    World Adventures. I loved its adventures, the fact that there was a story behind every adventure and that they were very well-made, the martial arts skill and the fact that I could travel to Egypt and China <3
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    collrrn wrote: »
    Whats your favorite Sims 3 Expansion Pack and why?

Mine is Generations, it makes me feel so much closer to my sims, watching them grow from a baby to an elder and experiencing milestones with them.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    pinkrobinpinkrobin Posts: 110 Member
    Late Night because I really like Bridgeport and Seasons because I like to have different kinds of weather and different seasons in the game.
    EA ID: Praktrosella