Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

πŸ‘ We πŸ‘ need πŸ‘ a πŸ‘ menswear πŸ‘ SP! πŸ‘

Β«1
As usual, Eco Lifestyle has given men a fraction of the CAS assets they give to women, and no unique hairstyles--every male hair is also available by default for female Sims.

And as usual, male children have it worst of all, having no unique CAS assets of their own, only getting what girls' outfits Maxis has decided to deem "unisex".

Something's gotta change.

Is it a telemetry thing? Does Maxis think people simply don't play as men? Well, maybe we would if they had some clothes!

How about, just for once, it's the men who get all the unique CAS assets, and just for one pack, the women get the unisex hairs and clothes. Just for one pack. Just once.

As for the gameplay object, why not a barber's chair? Sims go in, and a hireable NPC cuts your hair and gives you a shave. Maybe they could even justify patching in the ability to set different beards per outfit? I'm not gonna have a full beard in Summer, and when I go out to a Formal occasion, I'm probably gonna go clean-shaven.

It's a viable idea, and I wish Maxis would do it. Just one pack where the men get the attention they desperately need.
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    As usual, Eco Lifestyle has given men a fraction of the CAS assets they give to women, and no unique hairstyles--every male hair is also available by default for female Sims.

And as usual, male children have it worst of all, having no unique CAS assets of their own, only getting what girls' outfits Maxis has decided to deem "unisex".

Something's gotta change.

Is it a telemetry thing? Does Maxis think people simply don't play as men? Well, maybe we would if they had some clothes!

How about, just for once, it's the men who get all the unique CAS assets, and just for one pack, the women get the unisex hairs and clothes. Just for one pack. Just once.

As for the gameplay object, why not a barber's chair? Sims go in, and a hireable NPC cuts your hair and gives you a shave. Maybe they could even justify patching in the ability to set different beards per outfit? I'm not gonna have a full beard in Summer, and when I go out to a Formal occasion, I'm probably gonna go clean-shaven.

It's a viable idea, and I wish Maxis would do it. Just one pack where the men get the attention they desperately need.

Actually yes. I believe they said some time back that the majority of players are teenage girls and that they prefer to play with female Sims. This is why each pack adds majority female clothing.

I agree with you that it would be nice to have more male clothes and also beards and facial hairs.
    Post edited by Chazzzy on
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I donβ€˜t care for menswear tbh. I only play female characters and the only time Iβ€˜m creating or editing a male sim is when my female sim needs a husband.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I donβ€˜t care for menswear tbh. I only play female characters and the only time Iβ€˜m creating or editing a male sim is when my female sim needs a husband.

Can I ask why not? What would make you want to play a male Sim?
    wJbomAo.png
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel your pain. I am female, but I still mostly play male sims and sometimes it feels like I'm the only one! It has always irked me how male sims seem to get left out in CAS. I really wish they had a wider variety of clothing styles, hair styles, and facial/body hair. I would love a pack for male sims, but ideally I would just like all packs to be a little more balanced in CAS between sexes.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like to play male and female sims, and occasionally sims that identify as neither. I dislike half the male hairs though so it means I reuse the same ones over and over again. Lately I have been plundering the female hairstyles for my males.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • XxANNIE71xXXxANNIE71xX Posts: 1 New Member
    I create both males and females - each one needs a suitable mate right? I have found that creating a male Sim is frustrating. I think all my males have the exact same closet. Not much to choose from - especially for the boys. I think it is the same IRL for kids. I have 2 boys IRL and have always found it frustrating shopping for clothes - there are always at least 3 racks of girl clothes to every 1 rack of boys. Guys definitely get the short end of the fashion stick....SIM or IRL
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    As someone who always plays with male Sims and is a male himself, I could agree that we are on the shorter end of the stick when it comes to CAS assets. But I wouldn't necessarily want an SP specifically targeted for such.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Do you really want to pay for another pack? They just need to patch in more outfits lol

Also there is always CC
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2020
    I feel your pain. I am female, but I still mostly play male sims and sometimes it feels like I'm the only one! It has always irked me how male sims seem to get left out in CAS. I really wish they had a wider variety of clothing styles, hair styles, and facial/body hair. I would love a pack for male sims, but ideally I would just like all packs to be a little more balanced in CAS between sexes.

I literally have like 25 main male sims and 3 females. The only way I could do it is to scour sites for male cc. Or else they would all be wearing the same thing! Lol
    I'm a girl. And even if they are remarketing this to girls I always found it strange because why wouldnt we want good looking boy sims with a variety of options?πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    edited May 2020
    I completely agree. I tend to play mostly with male sims (unless I feel like my sim should have a wife/girlfriend, but if it's just one sim, it will usually be a male one) and it bothers me that males always get less content than female sims, so I would like there to be a SP dedicated to them, similar to how we got kids and toddlers focused SPs, which also tend to get less CAS stuff. As for the gameplay object, I think it could be a pool table, since that's a common object to have in man caves (even though both genders would be able to play pool, not just males) and we are still missing them in the game after 5 years even though TS1, TS2 and TS3 all had pool tables.
    Do you really want to pay for another pack? They just need to patch in more outfits lol

Also there is always CC

Haha! CC creators overwhelmingly make women's outfits too.
    Sometimes there's a good men's outfit, but they're few and far between.

As for patching, I'm looking at this realistically. EA won't do anything without the promise of more money.
    wJbomAo.png
    lexus20 wrote: Β»
    I completely agree. I tend to play mostly with male sims (unless I feel like my sim should have a wife/girlfriend, but if it's just one sim, it will usually be a male one) and it bothers me that males always get less content than female sims, so I would like there to be a SP dedicated to them, similar to how we got kids and toddlers focused SPs, which also tend to get less CAS stuff. As for the gameplay object, I think it could be a pool table, since that's a common object to have in man caves (even though both genders would be able to play pool, not just males) and we are still missing them in the game after 5 years even though TS1, TS2 and TS3 all had pool tables.

"Man Cave Stuff" is actually a really good idea.
    It brings back a much-requested object, and puts the boys on some equal footing while they're at it. Great idea!
    wJbomAo.png
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    No need for another overpriced SP. Just get some CC. Problem solved.
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game! β€’
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I mostly start with a woman sim as my household & mostly make my own version of NPCs as men. That way my playing sim can have the pick of the litter of men to befriend, date, serial marry, become a black widow or even have more than two boyfriends at the same time. The little vixens. lol

I do agree that we need more handsome & sexy men clothes & hairstyles.

We also NEED BODY HAIR.

CC has the exact same problem, though. For every 99 women's creations, there's 1 men's.
    wJbomAo.png
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member

This doesn't help console players who can't download CC though.

• joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I would really like more men's formalwear. Just colorations of the already available items. I hate putting all my dudes in the same 3 tuxes.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I do own quite a bit of male cc but lets be honest, maxis made clothing options is higher in quality, texture and look-wise.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    While I am not against it (simply because no one forces me to buy packs) I don't think there will ever be a Men's clothing pack. There is just a much higher demand for female clothing. I feel like the content for male Sims has been consistently very good regarding quality since Strangerville, but the quantity is still a bit underwhelming in most packs. I try to make the most of the items we get, but I would love more bottoms and shoes. Additional hairstyles and facial hair would also be great.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I usually play YAF, but I would still like the males to look good. I create a lot of male sims so there will be balance. I would love more male hair and clothing options in all catagories. And yes, please, body hair.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    This!!! Please!!! My male sims are in need of more clothes! And cc is not always help.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Also could we have more men jeans/pants that aren't cropped ? It's like they're all capri pants.....
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Also could we have more men jeans/pants that aren't cropped ? It's like they're all capri pants.....

Agreed on the pants, especially jeans... I find that so many of the jeans fit strangely and don't look very good on male sims. My favourite/one of the only pairs of male jeans that I like is the pair from bowling stuff with the rips. Literally almost every one of my male sims ends up wearing them!
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited May 2020
    The lack of male clothing has always been a problem in the sims.

Would be nice if they gave us a patch with more clothes for men. In addition to having more options in future packs.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on