Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I challenge you to renovate this Château!

I built this grand estate for my sims to live in, renovate and modernise - and then I thought that this would be fun for others to do as well!

Presenting Château sur Windenburg - ready for you to renovate! :heart:
PpyTZLy.png
6OrPapJ.jpg

Outside details:
Hill leading up to the house
dJexmKE.png
Functional pond
b5jD5En.jpg
Medieval ruin
igIPbXr.png
Gardening area
kFaOphD.png
Garden in the hills
nx3iCiI.png
This pool needs your help!
89RH4iY.jpg
A little park moment
KXh8umK.png
The estate
wTSisQW.jpg

Some interior details:
Kitchen & dining
ainPvto.png
Living room
UIaCjCo.png
Bathroom
aReDqN7.png
Bedroom
cYadIuk.png

Link to the Gallery posting here.
Also, if you want a historic Château for your save this is fitting.

If you upload to the Gallery, you can use common hashtag #ChateauBliss ! :smiley:

Lastly - here are no winners, losers or rankings here. It's just a fun thing to do :blush:

Comments

• mattiemayhemmattiemayhem Posts: 47 Member
    oooooh this looks like so much fun! I've always wanted to play a house flipper/architect sim! I'll add this to my library and work on that!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Ooooo 👀 bookmarked! This is my jam! Thanks, this should be lots of fun!
  • illustratedhappinessillustratedhappiness Posts: 261 Member
    @mattiemayhem Yey, how fun! I hope you’ll enjoy the process and would love to see it when you’re done :smiley:
    @Pamtastic72 Yey! That makes me so happy :smiley:
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    This was a very fun challenge @illustratedhappiness! Thank you so much for offering up your build for such a great exercise.

My version can be found in the gallery here. And a close-up look and description of changes can be found on my website.

I actually changed only a little indoors as I really enjoyed most of the furniture and placement you had created, but I did add my own touches here and there. The exception is the second floor where I tore down some walls to change four bedrooms into two. I also added an additional bathroom upstairs. All the bathrooms are essentially untouched as you decorated them just as I would have. ;) Though I think I had the most fun "cleaning up" and decorating the landscaping and terraces. I even added a gazebo!

Here are a few photos so that you can get a taste of my changes (but please check out my website for more!):
    05-21-20-9-50-29-pm_orig.png
    05-21-20-8-50-58-pm_orig.png
    05-21-20-8-55-32-pm_orig.png
    05-21-20-9-44-17-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    @icanhassims This is so incredibly cool! :love:

You have effectively enlarged the usable area of the estate, it's like they have a private park! I had such a struggle with the terrain levels I built, and here you go and build even more, amazing. And the gazebo fits so perfectly in this estate, great idea :smiley:
    The front entrance is so grand now and makes the château itself come to its right. I adore how you incorporated the fairy statue into the front centerpiece :love:
    The inside is beautiful, and it feels bigger now that you've opened up the space. And the inside has more contrast, way better. The green and dark wood go so well together, and the gold detailing in the living room is the cherry on top for me.

All in all - Wow, this is so well done! Thank you so much for posting this, it has been an absolute joy to look through :)
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    @illustratedhappiness I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Like I said, it was a lot of fun and you provided such a beautiful canvas to begin with. :)
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @illustratedhappiness - Those pics are so clear! Wonderful build!
    @SoulGal7 I am playing on a borrowed gaming computer so the game is on Ultra and it's a dream! So the pictures are not edited at all, it's just the game that's so beautiful on ultra. In a couple months I'll have to go back to my laptop with medium settings and I'm not excited for it haha. Anyway, I'm rambling. I'm glad you liked the build :blush:
  • diskettidisketti Posts: 18 Member
    @illustratedhappiness This is incredible. Great use of terrain manipulation tool <3
    @disketti Thank you so much! This was the first time using terrain manipulation and the learning curve was steep let me tell you :lol: (no pun intended)
    Renovations are underway for me as well! I'm having so much fun and it's been a blast to see you amazing simmers renovate :blush:

I think you'll either hate or love this addition to the château haha.
    Yes, I did just add a modern black hole into an historic building, but the views from inside are so worth it :love:
    xq8ACDr.png
    IAphnlg.png
    qAMdRlA.png