Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When was the last time you... *Vol. 1 Closed* (See Vol.2)

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I can't recall having ever fallen asleep at a crucial moment. Got any examples?

WWTLTY cut yourself shaving?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Dont shave.

Wwtlty killed all of your neighbours or at least one neighbour
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Never.

When was the last time you used Jalapeño in a dish you made?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Rosysimmer wrote: »
    Dont shave.

Wwtlty killed all of your neighbours or at least one neighbour

Nothing wrong with natural legs and pits. No shade.

As for jalapenos in a dish, that was yesterday. I love them.

Same question? (WWTLTY used jalapenos in a dish?)

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited May 2020
    I did it last month myself.

When was the last time you had to tell someone what they needed to hear, but didn't want to hear?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Sheesh, prob around a year ago. My neighbor's dog got ran over and I told them what happened, good thing the kid wasn't home.

WWTLTY pet an animal
    EMrBkJP.png
    if catching parakeets counts, I moved them upstairs so they wouldn't any longer be able to drive me out of the living room with their racket.

otherwise, due to severe allergies, I love cats and dogs but haven't pet either in recent memory.

wwtlty holed up in bed with your tunes/devices and just told the world to come back another day?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I did that alot when I've been sick. So back in December.

When was the last time you wore a shirt or a pin for a cause?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • xLunaSimsxxLunaSimsx Posts: 6,719 Member
    A while ago, probably years tbh.

WWTLTY had a bonfire?
    MPy9H9S.gif
    2 years ago. Hopefully again soon.

When was the last time you anonymously helped someone, because you wanted them to be happy, and not to know who had helped them?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    I can't remember tbh because of the anonymity part. But before the pandemic started, if I drive past someone walking in nasty weather or carrying a difficult load, I pull over and offer a ride. Conventional wisdom says I shouldn't but it has never been anything but a good thing, so far, and I have done it dozens of times. Conventional wisdom is often wrong.

WWTLTY really watched birds?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • DeadManHBKDeadManHBK Posts: 117 Member
    Today, actually! There was a really beautiful dark blue bird in our yard, and I am pretty sure it was building a nest in one of our birdhouses. :)

When was the last time you went to a concert? (Bonus points if you include who you saw!)
    500c175dfecfd4bfdb430b6ae61d85abc33cef98_hq.gif

A n a l Na t h r a c h D o c h e'l D e'n m h a
    A n a l Na t h r a c h T i e r a N a t r a c h...
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    Back in 2008 seeing a German band called Die Ärzte. I don't like being in the middle of a crowed so I don't go to concerts. Can't see my favorite musician anyway :p

WWTLTY had a haircut?
    Back in January.

When was the last time you were at an animal park?
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Never.

WWTLTY made a home cooked meal from scratch?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

Last week.

When was the last time you used this expression?

sWsCp1pg.jpg
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    I made this face when I looked in the mirror yesterday night before I went to bed. Does this count? :D

WWTLTY did something "crazy"?
  • BansheesHeartBansheesHeart Posts: 26 Member
    last night, I was crying for no reason. (does that count?

WWTLTY held a bird?
    Last week, when I was catching the darned things to get them transferred to the flight cage upstairs so I can hear myself think downstairs. Parakeets. One of them was especially spirited and was biting the carp outta my hand while I gently enclosed it next to my chest, carrying it upstairs. Pesky little things.

WWTLTY felt truly satisfied?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I guess when I got really good grades.

WWTLTY went to travel?
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

I haven't traveled far in a good while. But I'm going to the beach soon, about an hour's drive.

WWTLTY read a really good book, and what was it?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    That would be Mass Effect: Revelation back in 2008.

When was the last time you felt a right to be hostile?

(Shout out to the Boondocks)

Ar3Ivbc.jpg
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    When that drunk-n-disorderly guy waking up the neighborhood at 3 am, thought I was the one who called the cops because I yelled out my window at him to Shut The F Up, and he came by the next night with a baseball bat and busted in the back window of my car. I didn't catch him at it, which is probably good because I might have done something foolish. But word got around. But was I hostile! And did it feel justified! But he got evicted and wasn't around the neighborhood after that. Which is good because he was on my mind a LOT and I felt since he had bound us together so closely as that, that he was on my mind all the time, he was now my karmic family, and we were going to have a talk.

But maybe that's not the same thing as what that book is talking about. Maybe you could tell us?

WWTLTY felt deeply affected by a stranger?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited June 2020
    It's for those who sees the world for what it really is and why it's their right to feel this way, When time moves forward and nothing changes.

To your question.

Whenever I read an article or watch a video about the experiences from people like me, especially when they are closely linked to my own.

When was the last time you heard the words: "I'm sorry, you were right." from someone?
    Post edited by Arkane on
    Potential Is Everything

XYeo1vn.png
    edited June 2020
    Maybe never? 3 people abused me in my life, and all three died without apologizing.
    But to your point, I feel like I wish I could say that or something like it, to a lot of people lately. I met a family (the dad was black, the mom was white, and they had two lovely daughters and there were a couple of other adults with them) at the riverside, and I asked how old the daughters were as they skipped stones, and chatted, but I wanted to say something, and didn't. I just said they had lovely daughters and hoped they enjoyed the nice day.

But it did feel as if something maybe should have been said, and I wasn't sure, because I didn't even know them. I was glad the sentencing of those officers had given some justice, but also feel like unless something more broad and permanent is done, things could go back largely the way they were, like they did after Rodney King and after so many other incidents. But was I going to say that in front of their little girls, bring it up like I was anyone they knew, maybe make their outing unpleasant because some white stranger needed to unload?

So I left it at what I did say.

I went to a high school in which whites were the numeric minority, and learned an unpleasant lesson when this guy and I started having a great conversation. He was brilliant, and I would have liked to have continued that conversation. But a sidelong look from his friend was very clear, and he stopped talking to me. I was white, and we both knew we were breaking the rules just by talking. But by observing those rules, we were also both perpetuating them, validating them.

But the cost of trying to change them was not equally shared. I was safer in breaking them than he was. If I had pressed the issue, I would just go home, but he would face consequences. Being accused of being an oreo wasn't just some little name-calling, it carried real consequences. And those rules didn't spring up out of nothing, and I know that too. Those rules arose out of longstanding betrayals by my kind, of his kind. So I backed off, because it seemed like the only right thing I could do.

But I never stopped thinking about him, though he undoubtedly doesn't remember me. I was really afraid that Tiananmen Square was about to happen here, and the fact that it did not gives me hope. That protest works, still, in our country, and that this time, change has to happen, that there are too many people who want change, to let things go on as they were, now that more people can really see it. Thank goodness we don't --yet-- have a controlled, censored Internet here because that is the only reason all this came to light in a way people had to see to believe. And it's why we have to fight any attempts to use the pandemic as a way to pave the path for more surveillance and control.

WWTLTY felt optimistic for the future?

Post edited by Nushnushganay on

xicwqMCm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top