Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features I thought came with TS3 or TS4 actually were in TS2!!

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 2
I never had all the sims 2 expansions and i started buying them recently. There are a few cool things i liked in ts3 or ts4 i thought began with those games, but it was actually in ts2 the whole time! For example, saving your leftovers in the fridge. I thought that began in TS3. And moving paintings up and down on the wall. I thought that was in TS4. I also recently found out you can even honeymoon in TS2. I ordered Pet expansion combo with garden + h&m stuff and will be happy to play it for the first time and see what else i discover :)
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    We been knew.

Glad it's your first time discovering TS2's greatness.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Lol!! It was always my favorite in the series but now I see all the other cool things in it too! 😁

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2020
    Most things that came in TS2 never get the credit and all credit goes to TS3 or TS4...it's why TS2 is the the Sim holy grail. Like some multitasking but these Sims don't stop while they are doing multitasking like in TS4. Many think a Sim standing at a chair talking to a Sim seated is a TS3 or TS4 thing..no it was implemented in TS2. Roof adjustments..TS2. Basements without the black pit...TS2. The hammer removal tool...TS2. I could list over a thousand I guess.

And the one thing overlooked drawing a box room...like the cubes in TS3 and TS4..started in TS2. Like where have some people been? lol Have fun!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Most things that came in TS2 never get the credit and all credit goes to TS3 or TS4...it's why TS2 is the the Sim holy grail. Like some multitasking but these Sims don't stop while they are doing multitasking like in TS4. Many think a Sim standing at a chair talking to a Sim seated is a TS3 or TS4 thing..no it was implemented in TS2. Roof adjustments..TS2. Basements without the black pit...TS2. The hammer removal tool...TS2. I could list over a thousand I guess.

And the one thing overlooked drawing a box room...like the cubes in TS3 and TS4..started in TS2. Like where have some people been? lol Have fun!

Well, drawing a box room was also in TS1, but you had to always hold down shift key. The Sims 2 was the first to have it as a seperate button.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Well, if the player doesn't have latest add-ons, it's easy to think the following features came in The Sims 3 and 4.
    • Seeable neighbors.
    • Lot info panel (where you can see lot value, type, and size).
    • Diagonal room building tool.
    • Sledgehammer tool to delete things.
    • Ability to rotate floor tiles.
    • Storing food to a fridge as leftovers so it can be eaten later.
    • Pay all bills interaction.
    • Ability to paint pool walls and floor
    • Ability to have different hairstyles in different outfit categories.
    • Accesories.
    • Ability to move paintings up and down the wall.
    • And lastly, solar panels and wind turbines that lower the bills (in Mansion and Garden stuff).

Though a less noticed thing that first came in The Sims 2 is weekdays. The Sims 1 doesn't have weekdays, thus sims have to go to work/school every day.

That reminds me. The ability to turn off aging is also something that is in The Sims 2, though while future games have it in the options menu, it's a cheat in The Sims 2.

Creating a world is also something that some short of first appeared in The Sims 2. If you have SimCity 4, you can create road and terrain layouts for your next neighborhoods.
    Yep that is me. They also have solar panels! Came with mansion and garden stuff.

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Groups (phone- for fun or an outing)- You can have a group of friends gather together. Make them do whatever; bowling, karaoke, swimming... and make them a club. TS2 did it first but expanded in TS4. I have the old guys playing poker on Saturday nights, the ladies go bowling - kinda thing.
    @Rflong7 thats really cute! The guys and gals things

edited May 2020
    Im very impressed by some of the other things i found in sims 2. The remarkable ones to me ill continually add in a list:
    • Solar panels
    • when my parent comes home from work her daughter runs hugs her

edited May 2020
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, if the player doesn't have latest add-ons, it's easy to think the following features came in The Sims 3 and 4.
    • Seeable neighbors.
    • Lot info panel (where you can see lot value, type, and size).
    • Diagonal room building tool.
    • Sledgehammer tool to delete things.
    • Ability to rotate floor tiles.
    • Storing food to a fridge as leftovers so it can be eaten later.
    • Pay all bills interaction.
    • Ability to paint pool walls and floor
    • Ability to have different hairstyles in different outfit categories.
    • Accesories.
    • Ability to move paintings up and down the wall.
    • And lastly, solar panels and wind turbines that lower the bills (in Mansion and Garden stuff).

Though a less noticed thing that first came in The Sims 2 is weekdays. The Sims 1 doesn't have weekdays, thus sims have to go to work/school every day.

That reminds me. The ability to turn off aging is also something that is in The Sims 2, though while future games have it in the options menu, it's a cheat in The Sims 2.

Creating a world is also something that some short of first appeared in The Sims 2. If you have SimCity 4, you can create road and terrain layouts for your next neighborhoods.

You know now that I think about it one of the reasons some of us felt TS1 was very hard is because they never got a day off..so vacation days was also added in TS2? Because my Sims in TS1 never took a day. lol It was maddening. lol I don't recall vacation days, either, let alone working every day. ETA: Which also leads to call in sick...I can't remember if TS1 Sims could call in sick or not. (even if not really sick).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    TS4s sims are more simpler too like TS2s i'm like loving what i'm seeing so far i'm dying to get in the game, i feel that people got too distracted by all the extra packs though to truly pay attention but i did :P TS4 may not have all the extra details yet... but they keep adding stuff and i hope they eventually add in all the little details and definitely get rid of the creepy constant smiling LOL if it looks right to do that, i'm just feeling like i can just install, explore two different worlds (and i only want 2) and start off where i left off but sort of better, it just feels like TS2 2.0 but with some influence from TS3 and TS1 and i'm super glad the sims look decent again i couldn't buy TS3 with the sims face looking awful and the graphics just looks odd i dunno what it is but it's not appealing to me, but it still didn't exactly give me the improved Build Options i wanted so i waited lol.

With TS4 now it's time to just really sit down with the game and have fun with it especially the Build Tools, everyone wanted all the features but it's also not the best idea to have SO much LOL, a lot of people coming into the game now are those who're now the kids and teens so a lot of them don't know but those who were long term players a lot of them seem to have strangely forgotten lol i've had to remind people the sims were still the same and used the same animations except for the accents from each Aspiration but they don't get it mainly it's those who played TS3 but now it's 50/50 you can get TS2 to work on a 64 bit system a lot of the young ones won't be able to play it so they have nothing to compare to, which is sad i wish they experienced what we did.

In TS1 i just got too irked by their Needs, how many puddles i had to mop up *sigh* LOL then TS2 came along and i was like yup... that's a lot better, i wouldn't go back to TS1 the music is still amazing i can just listen to that i may actually play it while in Build and Buy mode cos TS4s music is clearly inspired by it. Yeh a lot of things came from TS2 though definitely they weren't always there but were added with Expansions like Saving Food that was added in Seasons because they had gardening plots and a juicer so i guess they thought "Why not preserve food?" lol.
    Putting food in the inventory came in TS2 in the base game. Sometimes, I still do it when I know they have to get to work and shower and eat etc. and I don't have time to make them walk to the fridge to put away the leftovers. But I usually cancel go to work since it's an hour early and let them finish what they are doing before they go to work about five minutes before it's time. lol It's funny to watch them rush out the door like I have in my lifetime, think oh plum, I'm going to be late. lol
    @Cinebar Do you mean putting food in personal inventory or putting leftovers in the fridge?

I was able to put food in personal inventory but was not able to put food in fridge as leftovers until I got Freetime expansion.

@Cinebar Do you mean putting food in personal inventory or putting leftovers in the fridge?

I was able to put food in personal inventory but was not able to put food in fridge as leftovers until I got Freetime expansion.

Putting it in the Fridge you couldn't do until TS2 Seasons.
    edited May 2020
    BohoFlower wrote: »

I dont have Seasons and I can put it in the fridge.
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

I dont have Seasons and I can put it in the fridge. Its also mentioned in my freetime booklet

They must have just added it in there later on because when there was only like 5 or 6 Expansions i swear there wasn't any way to put the food in the fridge i don't think even in our inventory, or maybe it came with The Sims 4 Digital Base Game which is what they do every game, it came with Happy Festive Stuff all it does is improves Game Stability, now it's Digital Deluxe for TS4.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member

I dont have Seasons and I can put it in the fridge. Its also mentioned in my freetime booklet

They must have just added it in there later on because when there was only like 5 or 6 Expansions i swear there wasn't any way to put the food in the fridge i don't think even in our inventory, or maybe it came with The Sims 4 Digital Base Game which is what they do every game, it came with Happy Festive Stuff all it does is improves Game Stability, now it's Digital Deluxe for TS4.

Sometimes they include previous EP stuff in later ones for those who didn't when that item wasn't a major part of the previous EP.

Like LTW's get added with any EP and not just the first one to unlock it.

Leftovers did come with Season though for the first EP that added it.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

Sometimes they include previous EP stuff in later ones for those who didn't when that item wasn't a major part of the previous EP.

I'm definitely so sure it came with Seasons for me, we had an inventory for fishing i think but then Seasons improved it i think and then we could add other items like they just did with TS4, before Seasons came out though i didn't have Leftovers.
    Seera1024 wrote: »

I'm definitely so sure it came with Seasons for me, we had an inventory for fishing i think but then Seasons improved it i think and then we could add other items like they just did with TS4, before Seasons came out though i didn't have Leftovers.

I think you're getting your games confused.

Fishing came with Seasons in Sims 2.
    Ok i mustve thought I read the leftover in my booklet but just checked and its not there.

The wiki says it came with Seasons. I guess since Freetime was a later EP they included it?

Ok i mustve thought I read the leftover in my booklet but just checked and its not there.

The wiki says it came with Seasons. I guess since Freetime was a later EP they included it?

Quite possibly. And it wouldn't surprise me.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    Putting food in the inventory came in TS2 in the base game. Sometimes, I still do it when I know they have to get to work and shower and eat etc. and I don't have time to make them walk to the fridge to put away the leftovers. But I usually cancel go to work since it's an hour early and let them finish what they are doing before they go to work about five minutes before it's time. lol It's funny to watch them rush out the door like I have in my lifetime, think oh plum, I'm going to be late. lol

The inventory didn't come with the base game, it came with nightlife and later expansions and stuff packs.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    @Seera1024 wrote: »
    Cinebar Do you mean putting food in personal inventory or putting leftovers in the fridge?

Hi :mrgreen:

Didn't they usually update somethings for sharing on the Exchange? Like they had to update everything which pets could use. That was when a lot of CC had to be updated for the new game engine. Not because they wanted to share some minor game parts but for Major game engine stuff. :)

Like I can have just the base game installed but once I add a later Stuff pack I get any major game updates from the expansions between. Like added neighborhood sub slots at the top but not the neighborhoods, or seeing the neighborhood from within the lot, or adding food to the fridges.

I like the LTWs which came with TS2 and getting a new ltw when it's fulfilled, which came with later eps. :)
    I do miss the friends handshake which came with the base game. I guess it was cut because it was very long. :lol:
    candyboot wrote: »

The inventory didn't come with the base game, it came with nightlife and later expansions and stuff packs.

Maybe, but I had two versions of base at one time. One (first with no patches on cd original release) and 2nd ( a year later) with patches (base game patch) built into the cd. I was thinking it was a base game patched inventory on that 2nd cd release around the end of 2004 or 2005.