Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sick pets can be annoying, but they're practically IMPOSSIBLE in rotational play

2...Next

Comments

• storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I know there is currently a bug where your pet becomes constantly scared. Is that happening to anyone?

ETA: Answers HQ link

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Wellness-Treat-Causing-Endless-Negative-Mood/m-p/6501026#M55224

The constantly scared bug is happening to me as well. :/
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited August 2018
    storminmay wrote: »
    I know there is currently a bug where your pet becomes constantly scared. Is that happening to anyone?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Wellness-Treat-Causing-Endless-Negative-Mood/m-p/6501026#M55224

storminmay wrote: »

That's scary.

Sorry.
    Is there anything in particular that triggers the bug? Just something in the house that scares them?
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• SimSiren3SimSiren3 Posts: 301 Member
    So... let me get this straight.

In my experience the past week of playing in an attempt to relieve stress, being in Brindleton Bay for more than a week of game time means literally every pet in the neighborhood ends up with some unsightly disease, so you have to look at blue and red-glowing and vomiting animals everywhere you go. (I've been deleting all the NPC pets, so it generates new healthy ones, but again, within a few game days, same problem.)

The only way to prevent this is to spend Simoleans on wellness treats which you feed to every animal you see... which will then cause a glitch where the animal is constantly afraid?

Does that about cover it?

Honestly, EA -- as long as this xpac has been out, has it not occurred to anyone that it's not necessary to generate pet diseases with anything like this level of frequency, especially if none of the player's sims are in the vet career?

I don't like that I have to avoid an entire xpac I paid for because playing with anything related to it means that my sim's ENTIRE LIFE becomes about not just their pets, but others' pets' and their near-constant misery? I play this game to make up stories to myself and to de-stress. How is a constant plague of disgusting animal diseases either realistic or fun?

I just wanted the chance for some of my sim families to have a dog or cat, maybe clean up a little poo in the early stages, and eventually find some level of peaceful family equilibrium, as real pet owners do. I don't need to be constantly missing work to take my animal to the vet, nor enduring hordes of freakish drooling flea-ridden mongrels assaulting my eyeballs every time I go for a jog.
  • MRSMEADOWBROOKMRSMEADOWBROOK Posts: 59 Member
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    I log into a household I haven't played in a while with pets. There is always at least one pet sick, and with more than one pet sometimes more than one, or even ALL of them. I take them to the vet. With more than one pet, since you can't check in more than one pet at a time, this is often an all day affair as I cycle through different appointments. As I wait, I see the other households I play who have pets coming into the pet hospital with sick pets--something the game generates in order to provide "patients" for the hospital. And I know that even tho I see them complete their appointment, when I log into their household, the pets will still be sick. And I'll have to take them to the vet. And the whole thing will start all over again.

This is my hell. My purgatory. Despite how much I love having cats and and dogs in my game, this pushes me to the point where I wish I'd never bought it. It's not only frustrating, it's emotionally draining--I love this furry little bundles of pixels, and seeing them sick all the time is awful. No pet actually gets sick this much unless there's something seriously wrong with them. Programming them to be constantly be coming down with things, simply to provide "atmosphere" for the pet hospital is downright cruel.

I know it's probably because it was really designed to benefit those playing as a vet, so as to provide patients for them to cure. But I don't understand why they can't distinguish between the two situations--when you go to the hospital to have a baby, it's not like you run into dozens of other pregnant and sick patients. Those only show up when playing in the doctor career--why can't his be the same?

At any rate, there at least needs to be a way to make it so that no one is sick when I first log in to play a household--or at least have a way to cure them at home, without the veterinary skill, so that new sick pets aren't generated. Medicine you can order, a way to call the vet for housecalls--heck, I'd even take a cheat at this point, this is so exhausting. I've never rage quit the sims from something actually in the game, but I'm close with this one. I need something to enable me to keep playing--a cheat, a mod, a patch, ANYTHING. There's a mod that makes it so NPC pets don't wander around sick and hungry and stinky, but it doesn't help the pet hospital patient issue. As is, the only "solution" would be...to just not cure the pets. Have them stay sick forever, until they die of old age, because otherwise if I try to get them cured, that's just condemning other cats and dogs to be sick. Over and over again.

I started this post the other day, but I was so angry I decided to sleep on it to try and phrase things more civilly, but I really need the people making the game to understand how deeply upsetting this is to me. Please, please, please, I am begging someone to do something about this.

Thank you.

Even though I keep a supply of 'wellness treats' (can be purchased at Brindleton Pawspital, or Sims w/vet skills can make them themselves), it is still most annoying. I have become angry about it, too. I have removed pets from some of my households and frequently consider playing without pets altogether. It's not fun.
  • On_Si_LamOn_Si_Lam Posts: 3 New Member
    Same obnoxious near game breaking problem. Got the mod for no more sick or dirty pets but it barely works. I still get sick pets all over. I have to go to a household, cure all pets with wellness treats, then turn on the mod every 🐸🐸🐸🐸 time I switch households. It works for while I'm playing the household once I cure the pet and turn off need decay, but the moment I leave the house need decay turns right back on and the pets are back to being sick. It's obnoxious. I don't even feel sad for my pets anymore. I am just fed up with it. Makes the game no longer fun. I just want the pets to eff off and I am so close to deleting all my pets. Waste of money. EA is literally the worst.

Don't get me started on the heat cycle glitch, either. I can't believe EA has the gal to ask $40 for glitches as that is all this DLC is. I'd rather spend the $100 per month I have been spending to train my REAL dog (SD)...who doesn't need to be taken to the vet every 2 effing hours.
  • SteampunkAngieSteampunkAngie Posts: 11 New Member
    Update for the mod- I myself just downloaded it as a household I was at was surrounded by sick pets and strays. I reloaded into the tab and they were all fine, wagging their tails and at happy trots. Thank goodness! The creator of the no more sick pets mod also added an option in the Pet Care tab to heal your pets, as after going to the Vet their pets were not successfully healed to the max. I'm so excited using this mod because I want to adopt strays left in the cold all over the place in this game.
  • zensluvzensluv Posts: 87 Member
    Bringing this string back from the dead because in 2020 this issue has still not been fixed. Just now after rotating to a family I played about 2 Sim-weeks ago, of course their cat is sick. Again. I visited a neighbor and their poor cat was so miserable it wouldn't shut up. I was so irked I quit playing.

Some players have suggested using the treats. Firstly their aren't any treats in my owned vet clinic, and second, getting them through the big cheat process to find the treats in Buy mode is just as annoying. Anyway the point is, that this shouldn't be happening in the first place.

When is this issue going to be fixed???
    Find my builds at #zensluv4real
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    Also adding to this in hopes that this can finally get addressed. Seriously, sick animals ALL over constantly is absolutely depressing. I get that the vet career needs some visitors, but it's a small part of the pack imo - I've personally never even played one, my families just need pets, as irl families do.
    giphy.gif

Please, lower the sick animal population, and how often played households animals get sick even more.

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2020
    I created an Answer HQ post about this in November 2017. "Pets needs are not filled/sick while playing another household". 7 pages of replies, people still post on it. But no change.

For now I am using LittleMsSam's "No Sick, Dirty, Sad and Hungry Cats & Dogs (NPCs)" mod with the "Lower Chance (25%) of Sick owned Pets when loading Households" optional add-on mod. I would probably not have any pets in my households without those mods.

• BilgeMouseBilgeMouse Posts: 22 Member
    I'm going to try to bump this thread up again because it is STILL a big issue.

There is no reason for the loved and well-cared-for family pets in all my Sims' households to constantly be sick. At this point, all of my Sims have a stack of vet treats in their inventories, but obviously they aren't autonomously doling out the treats while I'm playing in other households. It's unrealistic, sad, and distracting. Even if I spend time going around to my various households to cure the pets, that time seems wasted because within hours they're sick again.

Sims Gurus, PLEASE weigh in on this?

How hard a fix would it be to make pet illnesses much less common? I'm at a point where I'm reluctant to add new pets to my Sims' families, despite how much I love them, because it's so depressing to see them suffering all the time.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I don't even see why it's a thing, the game will auto-generate brand new illnesses on pets when you're playing as a vet. So to make so many pets in the world sick when not playing on a vet clinic lot is mind-boggling.

What use is that from a gameplay pov ? To level up your vet skill, so every single sim in Brindeton Bay can have access to fresh test subjects just in case they feel like experimenting on that feral cat that was passing by ? Yikes.
  • FunnyCidesFunnyCides Posts: 107 Member
    I also intensely dislike seeing all of the sick pets everywhere. It's downright depressing. This needs fixing!

Currently, I've also noticed that the two dogs in my household are afraid of everything...literally everything and it's extremely disheartening seeing them shake in fear all of the time. The dalmation is always sad even when I will cheat her needs to make her happy she mopes around the house which is also very frustrating.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Yep, having this issue here, too. Completely fed up with it.

I really don't understand the lack of foresight when designing some of these "features". The abundance of sick pets is exactly what I was afraid of when this pack released with a veterinarian skill. Why are strays even allowed to be sick at all? Why do unplayed households and households not being currently played get sick animals? There needs to be a fix that only allows animals to be sick when playing a veterinarian, and then when a player switches households to non-veterinarian, all sick pets become healthy. In fact, maybe it should also be that all pets are by default, healthy, and the currently played household has like a 15% chance once per Sim week of becoming ill.

Also, the pet healing treats should become more readily available to buy when needed, and be able to be fed to any sick pet in the game by any Sim.
    #Team Occult