Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you stay and play with The Sims?

Comments

• diskettidisketti Posts: 18 Member
    I love making Sim versions of my friends and family so I can feel connected with them during this time :)
    > @DarthAsianKaren said:
    > > @Mochazino said:
    > > Recently Ive gotten really into building more elaborate houses on sims 4 and building a lot of restaurants that I wish i could visit again once lockdown is over 😭
    >
    > Do you post your builds in the gallery? I'm interested in seeing them and maybe downloading them!

Me too!
  • ashleyssimsashleyssims Posts: 9 New Member
    I've created a new family that I'm trying my hardest to stick with! I usually get to the second generation and get bored and start a new save :| But I created a new family the other day in preparation for Eco Living!
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    My favorite is to turn up free will, leave the game running and then check back in a few hours. This allows me to get stuff down around the house and then come back to a crazy virtual mess. Also, I like to google actual floor plans and try to build them.
    > @oliv3 said:
    > My favorite is to turn up free will, leave the game running and then check back in a few hours. This allows me to get stuff down around the house and then come back to a crazy virtual mess. Also, I like to google actual floor plans and try to build them.

> @oliv3 said:
    > My favorite is to turn up free will, leave the game running and then check back in a few hours. This allows me to get stuff down around the house and then come back to a crazy virtual mess. Also, I like to google actual floor plans and try to build them.

Omg I'm such a newbie! How do you turn up free will?
  • Andrea48Andrea48 Posts: 16 Member
    I would like to know why I cannot take my toddler to the park? She is allowed to go to this water park I found on the gallery but when I try to take her to this other park she isnt allowed to go and immediately ends up in daycare...I paid all this money for this game and have bought a few packs so I think out of customer wants we should be allowed to take these toddlers to any park we have loaded on this game...
  • oliv3oliv3 Posts: 106 Member
    > @disketti said:
    > Omg I'm such a newbie! How do you turn up free will?

In the TS3, click the 3 dots in the line button which is located on the left side of your screen then click game options which is the fourth button on the top of tabs (its the one with the sims diamond) and then from there you should see an autonomy/scale.

In the TS4, its under options and then game options menu, but can't remember off the top of my head to get to it.

Hopefully, this was somewhat helpful and can point you in the right direction.
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I took full advantage of the sale and got some packs that I've been wanting for a long time now. It's been fun to get to know the packs. I'm also able to play Sims longer now, which means that I can really develop families and stories.
    they/he
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I now have three different time eras in three game game saves.
    My 1st is my Futuristic Worlds in the year 2525 with my human survivors.

My 2nd is my Prehistoric Worlds with
    Adam & Eve.

My 3rd is my Renaissance Worlds around the
    15 hundreds with my version of inventors.
  • yannokfc_2yannokfc_2 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm practicing how to improve the appearances of my sims for some stories that I would soon share here~
    It has been a while since I got back into the Sims 4 after college, the pandemic has brought it back in me for distraction.
  • rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    I've begun posting my builds on Gallery and making friends there from all over the world. It's helped me realize how similar all of our lives have become since covid 19
  • Cinna32Cinna32 Posts: 83 Member
    I'm also building lots. I really enjoy tiny living and with eco lifestyle around the corner, I've dug in there and was experimenting a lot, trying to get more out of my builds.
  • xtwiliightxtwiliight Posts: 3 New Member
    I usually spend my time w my sims families, or I make sims in CAS. Depends on my mood really :3
    > @oliv3 said:
    > > @disketti said:
    > > Omg I'm such a newbie! How do you turn up free will?
    >
    > In the TS3, click the 3 dots in the line button which is located on the left side of your screen then click game options which is the fourth button on the top of tabs (its the one with the sims diamond) and then from there you should see an autonomy/scale.
    >
    > In the TS4, its under options and then game options menu, but can't remember off the top of my head to get to it.
    >
    > Hopefully, this was somewhat helpful and can point you in the right direction.
    >

Thank you! This has just taken the game into another dimension :)
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    Right now Im doing like a generations with a family that I started off playing for my newest pack that I bought to try it out. I liked the family so much that now I am up to generation two soon probs going onto gen 3. I also redid the neighbourhood sims... made them more normal looking cause sometimes the things that they wear is very questionable. I get all the old townies and create their blood line which is annoying cause I wanna focus on my family but I dont have any other option beside getting a mod installed. whenever my sims visit a lot thats underdecorated I usually furnish it up depending on the season :D
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I customize my game making each world unique. They all have something special for my Sims to enjoy, however some things are only for aesthetics because there is no gameplay. For example I have a country club in Windenburg with a golf course and tennis courts that are not playable. It also has a pool and resturant. I have the lot set up as a restaurant. It took time to create my custom worlds. I spend time between creating and playing with my Sim family. I also come up with new stories and senerios for my gameplay, especially with each new generation. I mainly play with generations and 1 family. New packs also help.
  • ZayneiManiaZayneiMania Posts: 1 New Member
    I play on the PS4 and don’t have many of the expansions at the moment but I started off with two households one with a daughter and single father one with a son and parents. As they both aged the girl and boy ended up becoming boyfriend and girlfriend and moved in with the single father as they were struggling financially and their part time jobs as teens were going to help make a bit more money. As they aged they’ve had two kids and I’m wanting to get the son to go to one uni and the daughter to the other! 😊 They are both children at the moment so I’m teaching them manners and all that stuff haha!
  • MegasourusrexMegasourusrex Posts: 4 New Member
    Something I've been doing is trying out Shell Challenges! If anyone here watched Lilsimsie or Plumbella you might be familiar with them! I find them challenging (but in a good way) and lets me test out my renovation skills and making a nice build out of an oddly shaped shell of a building!
    I started playing Sims 4 for the first time really this year. I have fond memories when I was young, sitting beside my friend in her computer room watching her play TS1 but she never let me touch the mouse. The most I could do was type in 'motherlode'. So now I'm all grown up and when The Sims 4 was on sale this March I thought this is my chance. Its been really meditative and exciting playing. Does anyone have any recommendations for gameplay? I'm about to start one using no cheats at all :)
  • LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    i used to play alot now i got a new comp so im re joing the the game im buying lots of cc and MAKING alot of sims using cas!!!
  • CorinneTheaCorinneThea Posts: 1 New Member
    I just like to create Sims, without playing the actual game. Thanks to CAS pose packs, backgrounds, and the cas.fulleditmode "cheat," I'm able to have a blast doing what I really love to do...
  • rubytinkerrubytinker Posts: 48 Member
    I build and create custom content. It never gets old for me.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I've been playing The Sims since day 1, but somehow I've always had moments of like, MONTHS, before coming back to The Sims later.

I love to explore different packs, but I don't feel much for all the stuff/accessories packs.. I always like new gameplay though and I get excited from postive reviews & Youtube reviews like from LGR & Deligracy.

I think I have never played an entire generation. I just come up with ideas randomly, that I want to play with as soon as possible. Sometimes that's a family that already exists, so I can play with what is already there ( traits, goals, careers), sometimes I make up entire backstories and play them out. Mostly as a Solo sim, or one with a small family ( husband/wife/1 kid).
  • anne5440anne5440 Posts: 3 New Member
    Long ago I was very much into the sims. Mostly on 3. Soon after I got 4 my gaming machine got corrupted and had to factory reset. I lost all of my advanced features. So for 4 yrs I had to wait to get a new machine. I did this in april and have returned to playing sims 4. It is like I had never played before. I don;t know what became of my old game guides and don't ave a new one. I am trying to learn from sites online, but if i am playing and want to look something up my tablet is old and super slow. That is frustrating to me but I need to wait a bit to get a new one.

My main question is at this point what is the difference between playing offline and online? How do you choose which to play?

I am slowly going through this forum thread and taking notes into my one notes software. I made a new notebook for sims 4 to organize info as I figure things out. I never used to do other than my own families I create. Lately I am getting interested in challenges or story lines but have no idea how to do or follow them.

TIA
  • DogoSimGirlDogoSimGirl Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi Guys!
    I have a problem- when i go to PlayStation store and want to buy The sims 4 Cats&Dogs it doesnt show up. It is just in bundles. Has anyone experienced the same problem?😖
    P.S I really really really want The Sims 4 Cats&Dogs plese write back.