Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vegetarian trait question

I have never ever used the Vegetarian trait but I thought it would suit one of my sims well for the new EP coming out. We all know that sims love cooking and BBQ-ing autonomously and I do love that they can, but will vegetarian sims not cook meat autonomously? Or is this something I will have to control?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I have read on this forums that some vegetarian sims have autonomously cooked a meal with meat and eating it.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I have read on this forums that some vegetarian sims have autonomously cooked a meal with meat and eating it.

That's a huge flaw in the game in my opinion.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Yeah, I can confirm my vegetarian Sim will cook meals that have meat. Both grill and regular kitchen/fridge. Turn around and take a serving and “Ops!”
    Understandable if it was someone else, but quite possibly a flaw when it is their own food.
  • verfensverfens Posts: 9 New Member
    Yep. It happens often enough that I really dislike the trait. It's so irritating for them to have perfectly good vegetarian food options and to go for the meat choice. I was so happy to be done with the "mint" generation of the Notsoberry challenge lol. It also makes me really roll my eyes at the idea of a vegan trait. The one we already have in the game doesn't even work as it theoretically should, adding a new one won't fix it.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    My current sim is vegetarian and will automatically grab leftovers containing meat if left to his own devices. It's somewhat frustrating.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited May 2020
    Yes Vegetarian Sims will cook whatever they want, including meals with meat, and will autonomously eat them, thus giving them either a sad or uncomfortable moodlet.

I have even looked around and asked for a mod to prevent them from being able to cook non vegetarian meals but no luck so far unfortunately. I was told this type of mod would be difficult to make.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    Particularly annoying in Sulani when your neighbours constantly bring extra food over and it is always Kalua Pork Plate...
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited June 2020
    It's a shame we can't have a setting on the fridge to stop vegetarian sims or their household from cooking meat-based meals. My vegetarian sims frequently end up cooking the wrong food by mistake, particularly if I am focusing on a particular sim and a vegetarian member of the household decides to cook autonomously. I also sometimes forget to check if it's vegetarian safe. :( It's weird though because in the real world a vegetarian would definitely know whether they were including meat products when cooking for themselves.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I have only used it once and I found it to be more vegan than vegetarian as you get a negative moodlet from eating fish (yes, I know some vegetarians don't eat fish, but I think its a bit much to do this in-game). I don't use the trait anymore and if I want to have a sim be vegetarian I just manually have them eat that way.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    Since I often play the 100 baby challenge where the traits are randomized I simply make sure the vegetarian isn't cooking but all of the meals I make are vegetarian no matter what. It seems to be the only way to fix it.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    Goth583 wrote: »
    I have only used it once and I found it to be more vegan than vegetarian as you get a negative moodlet from eating fish (yes, I know some vegetarians don't eat fish, but I think its a bit much to do this in-game). I don't use the trait anymore and if I want to have a sim be vegetarian I just manually have them eat that way.

Pescatarians eat fish. Vegetarians avoid all meat products. Vegans avoid all animal products, including things like dairy and in many cases animal products like leather. So it makes sense for a vegetarian sim to get a bad moodlet from fish.