Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades: #JusticeforMelodyTinker #JusticeforBluewaterVillageTinkers

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
I'm in love with the new pack, but aaaa such a lost opportunity to bring back old/classic families. I really don't need another sim named Jesminder in SIms 4, why not make her into grown-up Melody Tinker? haha
anyway, I'm loving this pack so much... this would be the cherry on top of the cake
latest?cb=20090406014834

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Honestly, it's the first thing I thought when I saw the Tinker name! Disappointing they didn't bring that family back, but this pack sounds amazing nonetheless.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @Duvelina it disappoints me that they only remember the existence of the Goths, Caliente, Lothario and other Pleasantview households :(

Anyway, did you see we'll get 4 new traits, omg I'm so excited... and new apartments aaaa
    @Karon Yes! And the bill update and neighbourhood action plans. Changing the game for real.
    I'm in love with this pack, omg
    Karon wrote: »
    I'm in love with this pack, omg

Same! Awesome livestream.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm rather looking forward to this pack. I hope it won't be disappointing like that last one was.
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I‘m gonna create Melody in CAS and replace the 2nd Jesminder with her.
    @Sharonia which one? University? Or Tiny Living?
    @dearie_blossom haha I'm thinking about adding her as an older sister to the family. Like the cool aunt that gives the kids some money.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    @Sharonia which one? University? Or Tiny Living?

Discover University. I was not a fan game play wise. It's to repetitive and there isn't really anything to do outside of studying and rabbit hole classes. I love the CAS items though so there is that at least.
  • LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Her name is Yasmin Tinker. They just mispronounced it ;)
    @LenaDieters makes sense... But, still... Why add a Tinker family and not add the Bluewater Village one?! I mean, I love that they are lesbians and all, but it could've been Melody married to another woman and WE WOULD STAN them.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    The Tinkers would only get a downgrade if they vame to Sims 4, tbh - they'd be losing out on their business, their personality quirks and their individual bios. They're too good for Sims 4.

but yes, I want them back. I miss them, and so many other Sims 2 families.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    @Gordy it could be only Melody, tho.. She doesn't need to keep running her parents business. I'm praying for all the videogame gods that in Sims 5 we get to see not only what happened 25 years after Pleasantview, but all the other neighborhoods and families... Maybe even 25 years after Sims 4 worlds/sims. I want to know if Bob Pancakes and Elixa divorced or whatever haha
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I'm gonna expand the TS4 version of Tinker with the TS2 Tinkers. I'll make them related in some way. There are some very talented simmers who have uploaded recreations of past family's to the gallery. I'll find one of those.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I agree, it was disappointing that it wasn't the Tinker family from TS2, or at least Melody. I was so expecting that family to have ties to them in some way. Still excited for the pack in general though.
    edited May 2020
    @ImSands @Sara1010P I'll have Yasemin be Melody's yougner sister that was born after Sims 2 (that's why she wouldn't appear on the family tree). Then I'll add Melody as the aunt that gives her niece a lot of simoleons just cuz she's rich.

@Gordy I was taking a look at Melody in my game, there's a picture of her being scared by an evil Clown-in-a-Box, and the game hitns that she doesn't want to take up on her parents business. She wants to be an artist instead. I also think that she would've been perfect for that pack cuz her top 2 interests are politics and environment. And her bottom interest is toys. omg... so many lost opportunities in Sims 4, over and over again...
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don’t remember them.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Maybe someone at EA saw the name and decided to do what they could get away with. The traits and bio kinda fit.
    edited July 2020
    @Chazzzy most people just remember the likes of the Goth family. But, most simmers that play rotationally with premades probably know who they are, and, since I think Sims should caters to multiple types of players, they should care about us that lovep laying premades. Sims 4 needs a HUGE improvement in that area, and I'm not saying just bringing back old characters, but adding actual backstories, relationships, first-day scripted event, etc would be amazing. AT LEAST, I seen an improvement in Evergreen Harbor. For the first time the premade sims in SIms 4 have relationships outside their own household.
    Post edited by Karon on
    @JACKIEJOY I don't know why they have to "get away" with that kinda of stuff... Like... EA owns the rights of all premade sims, its not like they would have some copyright issues.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I just got the pack because of the sale and the new Tinkers bother because of that exactly lol.

It really does seem like they mostly remember the Pleasanview Sims, all the Pleasantview teens were brought back as young adults in EPs (Dustin and Dirk in Get Famous, Angela and Lilith in Discover University) but you don't see characters from other neighborhoods/town.
    @Omri147 Since Sims 2: H&M stuff pack trailer, I've been waiting to see Melissa and Chris Roomies

latest?cb=20091017212140
    The girl on the left could be Melissa Roomies and the girl on the right could be Chris Roomies. Both appeared in The Sims 2 H&M Fashion Stuff Official Trailer

Also, in Sims 1 we had a downloadable family called Hatfield, and the mom was called Ruby Ann, the same name as Skip Broke's sisters. And the Hatfield family has kinda a Broke situation going on. Would be cool to see them connected officialy as being the same character.