Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    CAS I love the hair and looking forward to seeing what kind of gameplay they have for this pack.
    I freaking love this pack.

Haha my phone is so sensitive to auto correct lol.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited May 2020
    I might as well put together a wee list of some of the things I love so far:

- Recycling/Upcycling stuff from your inventory - Finally a way to make use out of those old easter eggs, duplicate collectables or old homework books
    - Conceiving sim children in dumpsters. What a beautiful way to create a life :lol:
    - Finding useful trash in dumpsters - I love the idea of a sim home furnished with things found in garbage and made from things found in garbage
    - The idea of garbage collection is so simple but really cool!
    - Simple apartments. They are so humble.
    - The toddler bed, the cardboard doll house and candle making for children!
    - Naming your own fizzy juice and/or meatwall
    - Vertical gardens look so pretty
    - The marketplace looked so adorable!
    - Free Love? Hahaha yes please! Fun woohoo without guilt or jealousy. Now is the time to get your neighbour into the sack :lol:
    - Off the grid updates.
    - Bear Grylls food. Frog hotpot and popcorn crickets. Tasty.
    - Utility bill updates! Time to bill those sims with far too many bathrooms for their household.
    - Knox :heart:

I'm sure there's much more. I never thought I'd be excited about garbage in a video game :blush::lol:
    giphy.gif
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I might as well put together a wee list of some of the things I love so far:

- Recycling/Upcycling stuff from your inventory - Finally a way to make use out of those old easter eggs, duplicate collectables or old homework books
    - Conceiving sim children in dumpsters. What a beautiful way to create a life :lol:
    - Finding useful trash in dumpsters - I love the idea of a sim home furnished with things found in garbage and made from things found in garbage
    - The idea of garbage collection is so simple but really cool!
    - Simple apartments. They are so humble.
    - The toddler bed, the cardboard doll house and candle making for children!
    - Naming your own fizzy juice and/or meatwall
    - Vertical gardens look so pretty
    - The marketplace looked so adorable!
    - Free Love? Hahaha yes please! Fun woohoo without guilt or jealousy. Now is the time to get your neighbour into the sack :lol:
    - Off the grid updates.
    - Bear Grylls food. Frog hotpot and popcorn crickets. Tasty.
    - Utility bill updates! Time to bill those sims with far too many bathrooms for their household.
    - Knox :heart:

I'm sure there's much more. I never thought I'd be excited about garbage in a video game :blush::lol:

- Collect water from the ocean and rivers.
    - the 'love trash' trait 😂 (i can't remember the real name)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    It's probably the first time #YouRule is completely applied to a pack.

I mean cheats, game settings, gameplay, ... everything is optional or under our control. That's good news.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    That was a great live stream it's getting better and better...

I'm happy that I can be an apartment fan now.. no elevator on the one I saw, accessible by stairs, no noisy neighbors or that sort of irritating gameplay and it didn't look claustrophobic to me .. which is the main reason I avoid city living apartments now.

The meat wall is a favorite to me too already.. but really happy that it's an optional use of the vertical garden.

I'm a control freak usually but want to see what the communities vote for if I let them have their way.

Lol.. Free Love combined with clothing optional trait sounds like one plan to me!
    egTcBMc.png
    edited May 2020
    The best thing is no sim will judge you if you're not eco-friendly.

No matter the choice the sims will always be satisfied.
  • HanneeHannee Posts: 36 Member
    I saw when the sim collected the Cricket flour she also got some Super fertilizer! I'm super glad that the bug boxes aren't just for meals or bio-fuel!
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2020
    Y'see, THIS is why it's an EP - because it fully affects gameplay in other packs, and base-game. It's like Seasons, but with pollution.

I noticed that massaging the Meat Wall ups your fitness.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    edited May 2020
    One thing about the livestream, Freegan and Slob sims don't like to eat the spoiled food from the trash.

uqvkctbvzpi5.jpg

You will need the Glutton trait.
    These Sims have a greater negative reaction to Hunger, always enjoy eating, no matter the quality of the food, and will eat Spoiled Food.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    I like that the whole “changing the environment” part of the pack isn’t about picking up trash(like in IL) and your sims actually have to modify their lifestyle in order to influence the world. They have to make some sacrifices,not just walk around picking up plastic and then returning to their normal lives.
    This may be the best lot in the game. James reviewed it in his world review. It's a container and a crane converted into an off the grid home. You can live in the crane too! It has a bedroom and bathroom on different levels via ladder. It's so cool.

rsK9jpS.png
    giphy.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'm a little disappointed with the smog effects. They're nowhere near as dramatic as they are in the trailer :(

Although I think it's really cool that you can turn the bizarre fruit from StrangerVille into fizzy juice - fingers crossed it possesses sims if the mother is still alive!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    When they said "Master Maker", I kinda misheard and had to rewind. :D
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Can't wait to start adding dumpsters on just about every venue and community lot in the game.

Not to mention wanna see how trashy I can make San Myshuno to just be a dirty city. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 75 Member
    This may be the best lot in the game. James reviewed it in his world review. It's a container and a crane converted into an off the grid home. You can live in the crane too! It has a bedroom and bathroom on different levels via ladder. It's so cool.

rsK9jpS.png

If i think about it it's one of the best lots they gave us in any world
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,809 Member
    I absolutely love these two outfits. The romper is so cute. I do wish the long dress came in a shorter version.

H21W81d.png

o8pIEDm.png
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I absolutely love these two outfits. The romper is so cute. I do wish the long dress came in a shorter version.

H21W81d.png

o8pIEDm.png

I love these clothes because I have more stuff for adults, elders, and just modest sims in general. Like I'm kinda tired of crop tops and "nice" looking clothing so this style is what I needed.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member

rsK9jpS.png

I've already have the lot targeted as a business for my scrapyard sim.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Ooh I need to catch up with James's Let's Play :smiley:

Am I the only one here who thinks Eco Lifestyle could be a contender for Seasons? Or just as good? I have a feeling this may be one of the best EPs for the Sims 4 yet. It is just a feeling though.
    giphy.gif
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    LOL, finally answering to that darn phone is interesting :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member

This takes place in Winter too. I can see the snow.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Can we all appreciate how every time we look a different direction. Something new pops up. I am actually overwhelmed with all that we are getting, and its making me worry. I've been watching early release videos and everything is living up to its name. I don't understand why people are hating on this pack when we literally are E X P A N D I N G EVERYTHING.