Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you stopped playing TS4, how long, and why?

Comments

• sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    2 years or longer
    I voted 2 years or longer because I don't play (live mode) I only build on the sims 4. When I want to play the sims I turn to the sims 2.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    a few months
    Probably 5 months ago, maybe 6 but I was unsure...

Because it's just not... doing it for me anymore. I tried to force myself to play it last time because I just keep thinking on all the wasted money I spent on it. But I can't enjoy it anymore - not with everything that it lacks. It's a big disappointment. EA's focus is just... I don't really know what to say. The focus is on the wrong things. The marketing is way too aggressive and unappealing. The target audience seems to have dropped way low in age. Nothing is real, nothing matters, nothing has consequences, and nothing gets fixed. It's shallow and it's lacking in meaningful gameplay. Not to mention the lack of transparency.

I guess I'm just... purely disappointed. I loved it, I did.

Waiting for Paralives, honestly.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    a few weeks
    I still play but I think Sins 4 is lacking so many things that Sims 3 had that it isn't even funny. I miss having things for them to do seems like EA just piece meals everything when they should give us a pack with a lot of content that we can use. Most of the stuff they give us is worthless and we spend a lot of money on it.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited May 2020
    1 year
    I haven't actually played in over a year, except to load up the game to try out any new build mode features with any patch that has some. I am not totally sure why, but I think it's a combination of two things. One is my own life has moved on, leaving less times when I have uninterrupted hours to play a game that needs a lot of immersion to make it work. The other is that I am slightly put off by the way the devs seem to have set the game up to just be a parody of itself. Not only did they seem to have turned it into a comedy, full of jokes that become tedious after the second time of seeing them, but all the way through the live streams the gurus are laughing. I have never seen another reputable and *expensive* game where the devs laugh all the way through showing it to their players.
    Post edited by IngeJones on
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    a few months
    Well I usually go through a phase where I don’t play for months then I’m on it for 2 weeks straight. That’s always been the case with me even with the other sims games. Right now, I’m currently not playing beachside I have all these storylines in my head about eco living. A lot of my households that I start are either crafters, gardeners, etc because I like trying that off the grid lifestyle already but it’s been just lacking. I am excited that this will add a lot more depth to my style of gameplay. I have purchased all the packs and like the additional features I get but if I’m not in the mood to play with that storyline then I get bored with the game fast. I tried to go back into playing Sims 3 because I crave an open world but I just couldn’t get back into it and went back to 4. I am looking forward to 5 but only if it brings back open world; I will most likely not be buying it if it doesn’t have this feature.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    1 year
    It might have been useful to have an option for "I still play" just to get a comparison.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2020
    a few months
    Why have you stopped?
    I temporarily stopped because of how TS4 no longer works on 32 bit computers/laptops. When that happened, I was extremely upset about the Legacy Edition also. I don't think it's right to have people who have 32 bit computers/laptop to purchase the games and then change the game so it is not compatible with the computers of the people who purchased the games who have 32 bit computers/laptop. I think players should be heard when it comes to games like "The Sims 4" and rewarded when it comes to playing the game instead of being punished by changing the requirements of the game.

Have you purchased any expansion, GP or stuffed packs?
    Yes, I did. "Realm Of Magic", "Get Famous", "City Living", "Get Together", and the base game
    Do you play any other iterations regularly?

Are you interested in a TS5?
    Yes I am.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    2 years or longer
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I haven't actually played in over a year, except to load up the game to try out any new build mode features with any patch that has some. I am not totally sure why, but I think it's a combination of two things. One is my own life has moved on, leaving less times when I have uninterrupted hours to play a game that needs a lot of immersion to make it work. The other is that I am slightly put off by the way the devs seem to have set the game up to just be a parody of itself. Not only did they seem to have turned it into a comedy, full of jokes that become tedious after the second time of seeing them, but all the way through the live streams the gurus are laughing. I have never seen another reputable and *expensive* game where the devs laugh all the way through showing it to their players.

Laughing all the way to the bank, presumably.
    raw
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited May 2020
    IngeJones wrote: »

It's funny that you should say this. For a long while, I haven't posted or paid much attention to TS4. Yet, the part of your post that I bolded rang so true to me that I was compelled to respond.

When Laundry Day was released, the trailer for sure treated the community's choice as a joke. I didn't want laundry, I didn't vote for it still, I thought that making fun of the community's choice was kind of low. Then once I witnessed the dumpster woohoo in Eco Lifestyle, something inside of me twisted, hard. I took that nonsense almost personally. I can't seem to help thinking that some of the features in TS4 are deliberately there to take a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, but on who/whom? (Meh, whatever.)

I'm all for humor in games. I love it, in fact. Yet, I prefer the more subtle stuff, things that earn a side-eye or a second look. But with that dumpster stuff, TS4 went from the usual pre-school humor straight to crass. Then there's the bags over the head stuff. Am I missing some kind of meme there, because I just don't see the point or the comedy in adult Sims walking around with paper bags over their heads. I'm not sure what's happening in the Sims studio.

I don't know. Perhaps the issue is that I've outgrown the Sims. I guess that a part of me expected the game to expand and to mature a little as the years have gone by but it hasn't. ::shrug::
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    1 year
    I'm a supernatural player and up until the announcement of realm of magic the last pack I purchased was seasons. After realm of magic I've been playing much more consistently.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    2 years or longer
    The game got too childish, safe, Reliant on mods, and limited for my taste. I like games like Animal Crossing from time to time. But I expected more from this title after playing for so many years. It lost me.

It's like an old friend I think of from time to time. I wonder what's new and how things are going, but I have no desire to hang out with it anymore.

Our interests aren't the same.

I haven't even touched the older versions for some time now. At the present, none of them are even installed. I decided to stop clinging to the past in hopes of a brighter future I could find elsewhere.

These days I'm surviving the Ark and wondering why the Sims team decided to go backwards instead of forward. Shame. Really. When I look at the environment in the game I'm playing now in a world that takes my breath away, it makes me wonder how the Sims could have been.

In the end, it was nothing more than potential. And I got tired of the carrot dangling in front of my face.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    2 years or longer
    I have all the sims games, including all the expansions and stuff packs and now game packs for ts4. I mostly still play the sims 2. Occasionally, I'll play ts3, and once in a blue moon I play 4, but I've never really been able to get into 4 for more than a month at a time. It simply is just too boring. When I start a ts2 game, it jumps right into to action. 4 just kind of lays there, waiting for me to do something. I don't know, I sure hope 5 is more like ts2 and I sure hope there's no online stuff.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • SapphireKaiSapphireKai Posts: 33 Member
    a few weeks
    I have a small story for my answers to these questions, so I'll short-answer first, then explain.

Why have you stopped?
    I technically stop at least once every couple months...Bouncing back and forth between 3 and 4.

I have 4 of each, I was in the middle of buying them all...when I stopped wanting more.

Yes! Sims 3 ( 1 & 2 don't run on my laptop :neutral: )

Yes...curious is a better word. It will need to get my trust back after S4.

Explanation time! (This is long, so stop now if you don't want to read my complaining :p )
    I won a small local lottery, and decided it was time to buy Sims4.
    I've been playing Sims3 since a year after it came out, and I have all of the expansions. I've been seeing ads for S4 on the S3 launcher, and I finally gave in.
    I didn't bother reading reviews because I've played S1, 2 & 3 and assumed (incorrectly) that it could only get better.
    I was in the middle of buying all of the packs and expansions when my curiosity overcame me and I started the game after buying maybe 4 of each kind of pack.
    I was immediately beyond disappointed and ready to quit when I realized the color wheel wasn't a feature - that was my #1 favorite part of S3! The infinite combinations of colors and patterns helped be build all of the NPC's in Sims3 exactly how I wanted them!
    S4 nothing matches, unless you somehow find all of the matching set items - and hopefully that set has all of the pieces you need.

So I play S4 for a few weeks at a time, because it runs so smoothly on my laptop, and the animations/movements are a little less uncanny.
    Once the lack of a color wheel, and the weird map system finally irritate me so much, I turn it off and go back to S3 for a few months...until the glitches and uncanny-valley-ness of it all makes me go back to S4.
    I'm definitely not paying any money for the rest of the packs, if I decide I want them.

I am 100% interested in S5, but now I feel so...I guess betrayed is a good word? I will definitely look for a demo or wait until the forums fill before I consider actually buying it.

The Celestial Sapphire Lotus.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

I am 100% interested in S5, but now I feel so...I guess betrayed is a good word? I will definitely look for a demo or wait until the forums fill before I consider actually buying it.

This is how I feel as well. I really want and hope TS5 is great, but I don't want to buy it right away, sight unseen. I don't even want to base my purchasing decision on a demo because TS4 had a demo too that only showed one of the few features that actually worked properly which is CAS.

I'll wait too for feedback from various websites and people, not game changers though.

• wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    2 years or longer
    Back in 2014 when sims 4 was released ...i bought it and set it up on my pc and it was significantly different then the sims 3. I know that you have to get used to things when they are new....but for some reason in the moment it was overwhelming. I came back in November of 2019 and honestly my intention was to wait for sims 5 to come out but it seems that might be a bit yet or we don't know. After being away for so long coming into sims 4 and picking it up was not terrible...maybe i just needed that time away.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    6 months
    Why have you stopped?

I just got burnt out. I felt I needed something new, and I wanted more fleshed out occults. Witches and Vampires are great, but aliens, mermaids and plantsims are SO lacking that I don't really want to go back just yet. That, and I have been FAR too busy with Animal Crossing New Horizons, and then Crash Bandicoot 4 coming out soon, I probably won't come back to it until I've completed that. I'm also far too lazy to update my mods.

Last pack I bought was whatever came out before Eco Lifestyle. It does look good, and i will purchase it and Knitting when I go back to the Sims.

I wish. I hate the Sims 3 for MANY reasons, and it is far too hard to go back to the look of the Sims 2 now, even with cc to update the clothing options.

No.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    I'm getting a bit lethargic & depressed in Lockdown at the moment. so fire up the game, play a bit, build a bit then watch TV or read a book. It's there if I want it in the background though. I press the Windows key, read emails or go on Twitter occasionally. If the new gamepack is completely different to what we have had before it'll probably enthuse me again. Hope so.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2020
    6 months
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm getting a bit lethargic & depressed in Lockdown at the moment. so fire up the game, play a bit, build a bit then watch TV or read a book. It's there if I want it in the background though. I press the Windows key, read emails or go on Twitter occasionally. If the new gamepack is completely different to what we have had before it'll probably enthuse me again. Hope so.

With this Corona, most people have changed as most are unhappy that you can't do some things together with friends, cruises and such w/o some type of restriction and this is affecting how I play my other games that I do enjoy as I work on an job where I have to interact with an lot of people and even if I wear my mask and gloves I still worry about getting it. So I have to pray to the Almighty to please keep me safe and others safe for this Corona going to be around for an long time. I might have to go back and do what I loved many years ago pick up an good book and read But Simburian I hear you and you are not alone and I am not even on lockdown. :)
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    a few weeks
    Life has gotten in the way. I love Sims 4 and have all the packs. The reason I love it is because I do stories with it. Otherwise I’d be in the boat of boredom and would have left a while ago. I got bored with sims 3 but not as badly.

Not sure if I’m lookin forward to Sims 5 because I’ve invested so much in this game and am not ready to plunk a ton down for another money suck. I want Paralives and will give my money to them next. So glad there’s something that will compete. Finally.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    a few weeks
    I've stopped playing, but I still hop on every once in a while (you know, because my lizard brain still trusts and loves "The Sims" franchise), and I can spend hours in Build/Buy mode. It's just been a while since I actually played in Live Mode. It's ... so bland nowadays. :\

I loved El Salvadora when I had the chance to start playing it. I love exploring. I love the cultural nuances, the dances — the culture. Same with in Island Living. But ... then, it gets stale? Somehow, I never experienced this "staleness" with The Sims 1 Vacation or The Sims 3 World Adventures.

The Sims 4... is not even about the little things anymore. Sometimes, it's got it. But... we can see the evidence of the devs under EA's "thumb" in the final product. We get it. But it's not as fun as it could be. And I hope those guys/gals aren't overworked. (... and I wish I could help, but that's off-topic. ;) )

Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    6 months
    Why have you stopped?
    Limited gameplay, limited sims, and frankly, unflinching arrogance and laziness on the part of EA. The base game came with nothing. Packs come standard with bugs and disappointment. I've also had to deal with some real life stuff since getting TS4.

Yes.

I was playing TS3 until I had to give up my tower. I have another tower coming but I don't know exactly when. I've been playing since TS1 in 2000. I'll probably take up TS2 and TS3 again when I get my new computer.

I'm interested, but not in multiplayer and not if it's as vapid as TS4.

• KerittaKeritta Posts: 26 Member
    a few weeks
    I play a lot of games so I get episodes of long periods of time where I only play one particular game. I've played sims for 300h at once and I decided I have no more creative ideas for builds, stories and I've completed all challenges. I'm watching loads of creative builds from lilsimsie and James Turner and others so I deffo want to come back soon but not just yet. I need the ideas to marinate so people actually enjoy my builds instead of feelings like I absolutely eyeballed everything and forced myself to build with no specific ideas in mind.
  • irishdragon7irishdragon7 Posts: 124 Member
    2 years or longer
    I was so excited at the prospect of Sims 4 and was so thoroughly disappointed that I stopped playing after about 1 month. I did not start playing again until this past Spring, so I had stopped playing for about 6 years.

Why have you stopped?
    I am contemplating stopping again. I miss the creative control I had in Sims 3 as well as the better accuracy and variety in pets. I miss the color wheel. The only reason I continue is to try to justify the amount of money I have put into this game.

Have you purchased any expansion, GP or stuffed packs? I have all of them now

Do you play any other iterations regularly? Sims 3

NO! I would rather they update Sims 3 or fix all the issues with Sims 4. I am not going to put in the time and money in the future releases if the developers are not going to give us the quality and selection we have had in the past. They fix some issues but not others and it gets very irritating after a while - I mean seriously, fix the dachshund so it actually looks like a dachshund, the pet "beds" are ridiculous, the skin tones and hair colors are totally off, and trying to match furniture and decorations is extremely difficult with the limited color choices. I am not going to put the time, money, and energy into dealing with more of the same disappointment. I will just stick with Sims 3.
  • TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    6 months
    Why have you stopped?
    Fed up with bugs and dull Sims. I also have Animal Crossing to scratch my life sim itch now.

I have all of the packs up through Tiny Living.

Not this month, but I played TS2 and TS3 a lot during spring.

I'm going to wait and see how it turns out.

• GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I quit for 2 years once because I started a business and was still working a job, so I didn't have time. I've been back for over a year and I play everyday. I have all packs except Vampires. I recently started playing with mods. I was afraid before.