Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We don't need Sims 5

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    well @Cinebar firemen will be in the next sims4 patch including the repoman
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Is this true? I haven't seen those announcements. But I can only say a little too late six years later (for me).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I absolutely agree that we don't need Sims 5, but this is probably due to the fact that I am a pretty new simmer, and haven't really gotten bored of the Sims 4. I also haven't experienced the other sims games and so I don't really care about what the Sims 4 doesn't have that the others did.
    they/he
    Cinebar wrote: »

Is this true? I haven't seen those announcements. But I can only say a little too late six years later (for me).

saw this on sims vip @Cinebar https://simsvip.com/2020/05/21/confirmed-firefighters-coming-to-the-sims-4-base-game/
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    I am not sure that there will be a Sims 5. I don't think there is real and serious willingness to do it, to bring up a whole game that enslaves you from the word go. That is a challenge "Fast Dollar" can not take.
    Remember how you felt when you first saw the game opening?.
    I remember the view of Sunset Valley panning out as the game started. I was hooked, I was (and still am) IN LOVE.
    I also remember opening the sims 4. I was and still am SHOCKED. Is that supposed to be IT? Where is the world? surely this is a joke? and it is, only the joke is gone sour.
    You see, love is the key word, either you fall in love with it and nearly 11 years later you still are in love, or not, and for me the sims 4 is an irritating pain in the rear end. A game for children, pretty, and pretty empty too! far too politically correct for my devious character (and when were politicians ever correct?) and I don't think that this team is willing to take a risk, hey that's a bit too risky? right? so no sims 5, just go for the knitting, where the only dirty bit is woohooing on the pile of rubbish. (My, aren't we getting dirty now?) Well, I have some spare money saved from not buying certain packs! and I know where it will be going.To the competition, and there is a competition just sprouting and I am more willing to bet on them creating something with more depth than this lot straying out of their comfort zone.
    The sims 3 (I never played any other previous versions) had some issues, which I complained about loudly at the time. But nothing like this version, it's so boring it should be patented as a remedy to combat insomnia, 20 minutes and you are fast asleep while your sim is running around with that stupid fixed smile, all white teeth on show taking a couple of hours to eat while searching around the neighborhood for any and all sims to "casual chat" and then run to the toilette to get a glass of water and then take a two hour shower, yep that is very eco friendly! shouldn't it be fixed BEFORE the new pack? How do you expect me to believe my sim is eco friendly when is going to waste gallons of water in a two hour shower and waste electricity like mad in the astronomical amount of time it takes to eat? (lights on for the whole house) Eco friendliness is just another politically right gimmick to sell the pack. It sounds good eh? No real truth in it. No cohesion with the rest, which this game lacks of already.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited May 2020
    Of course we need a Sims 5. It would be weird if Sims 4 was the latest addition to the franchise in 2057. I hope that this franchise lives on for many years!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I feel like at some point it would be good to do a Sims 5, but they need to complete the sims 4 first. I can't say that I would buy the sims 5 after all that we've been through with the sims 4. It would take a lot of convincing. I do believe the team said they have years left of working on the sims 4.

I'm wondering how many years does it take to complete TS4. TS1 was 'complete' just in three short years. TS2 in four and TS3 in five. TS4 still gets the excuses it needs to be completed before it can be put on a shelf and a new game sold. In Sept. (this is the end of May) it will turn six. (Meaning it starts it's seventh year in Sept) Maxis cash cow just starts to look like money grab by this point, especially since they may or may not add cars, or burglars or fireman or whatever and just keep on dragging this out. I can't blame anyone for playing it and wanting more but my gosh how many years and packs does it take. It's almost right up there with the great pyramids..hundreds of years to build a tomb.

D@mn right!? TS4 always need to be ''completed'' when in reality it has a hundred of packs and should have been ''complete'' a long time ago. After 6 years a game should be way more than complete considering the enormous amount of money it costs. Almost 1.000 dollars and still not complete. :joy:🙄

Well, 6 years to add just 2 easy NPCs. So how much time do they need to add cars? Another decade?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Althkough TS4 was badly planned and worse executed, resulting in an appalling mess, have mixed feelings on TS5. Am ready to move on, but there are some caveats. Yes, we need a new engine suitable for this type of game, but that means starting from scratch yet again with all that entails - as several folks have pointed out. My main concern is that unless it is made by a team of mature & eperienced professionals that care about the game and quality of work going into it (a la TS2), we will wind up with TS4 with a new engine and bare bones content. We need that even less than the dead horse we are currently burdened with.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Eco Lifestyle looks amazing and is yet another thing that might have to be redone for Sims 5 - not so much the pollution but the ability to affect an entire neighbourhood by yourself.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Nah they've done it all now and can't believe only 5 years into TS4 people are already talking about another game like... enjoy that's going on now. I think they should just focus on TS4 now and give it everything they've got left under their sleeve and just stick with us a lot longer, all of us older players we've done everything too and it's just time to settle down with it now and truly perfect the game not race off to another before you can do that, i feel like it may be anyway i'm sensing TS4 may be the last but it's as perfect as a template you can get to really perfect the game now so i'm asking them to stay put now.
    edited May 2020
    I can hardly agree TS4 is the perfect template so just stick with it. I mean look at it. You can't have but so many houses in an area, hello 1998. You can't have thousands of characters in the files without some horrible performance issues resulting in having to turn on a limit and culling as a welcome relief. You can't change the color of objects and or clothes or hair. You can't knock on the very next door neighbor's door without a loading screen. Apartments are actually also other 'neighborhoods' per floor so another loading screen. Terraforming is a joke. Can't remove backdrops and or move lots around on the map or add any lots... I could go on with the lack of trait slots, the lack of traits, the lack of personality and all Sims wish for the very same things...so just hide whims now by default....but I think saying it's the perfect template is a laugh and a half.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    I want them to fix sims 4 first, before I buy another sims game.
    edited May 2020
    Dutchysim wrote: »

Understandable, but I don't think they will. They didn't do that for TS2 or TS3, either. OFB still has a broken outfit problem (bug in later EP) where if you choose the outfits or makeup for the employees to wear there may be a bug that causes their faces to revert to premaid, non makeup, etc. face. Not even the same Sim actually. Stairs after M&G will throw a warning can't place next to a wall...oh bother, I wish they would have fixed that one before moving on to TS3. It's so annoying! Either remove the walls and place the stairs or use moo and maybe cause a bug by wrong placement. It's so, so annoying. It might be you have to rely on mods once a game is done.
    I feel like at some point it would be good to do a Sims 5, but they need to complete the sims 4 first. I can't say that I would buy the sims 5 after all that we've been through with the sims 4. It would take a lot of convincing. I do believe the team said they have years left of working on the sims 4.

I'm wondering how many years does it take to complete TS4. TS1 was 'complete' just in three short years. TS2 in four and TS3 in five. TS4 still gets the excuses it needs to be completed before it can be put on a shelf and a new game sold. In Sept. (this is the end of May) it will turn six. (Meaning it starts it's seventh year in Sept) Maxis cash cow just starts to look like money grab by this point, especially since they may or may not add cars, or burglars or fireman or whatever and just keep on dragging this out. I can't blame anyone for playing it and wanting more but my gosh how many years and packs does it take. It's almost right up there with the great pyramids..hundreds of years to build a tomb.

D@mn right!? TS4 always need to be ''completed'' when in reality it has a hundred of packs and should have been ''complete'' a long time ago. After 6 years a game should be way more than complete considering the enormous amount of money it costs. Almost 1.000 dollars and still not complete. :joy:🙄

Well, 6 years to add just 2 easy NPCs. So how much time do they need to add cars? Another decade?

very good question @Jordan061102 never tough of it until i read your post

• AyeffenAyeffen Posts: 258 Member
    edited May 2020
    Personally I'm not particularly interested in another incarnation at this stage. If they want to keep producing content for TS4, fine. There aren't many general gamers that would stick with one PC game for 6 years and it would appear that people are still finding themselves playing it for the first time even in 2020, and gradually acquring packs. To bring out The Sims 5 is to cut the head off that particular snake and why would EA want that?

To my mind The Sims as a brand needs to reassess it's overall format. Paralives, despite being an indie game, stands to give players something which is totally fresh and well-made. I think this is quite a threat to The Sims even though it won't have all of the extra finery that we enjoy now i.e. Gallery, Expansion Packs, Mods and Custom Content (atleast in the beginning)

Simplicity will be its strong point because on playing it, you wouldn't and shouldn't expect anything more from it than the finished product infront of you. You won't buy that game and ask "where is this one item that appeared in an expansion pack in the last game?" or feel like declaring "I miss this one thing that I used to use all the time". This really excites me because I think in general the whole franchise is too bogged down in expectations based on what's come before.
    1NraNSJ.png
    My Gallery 🏠 | Gamer 🎮 | Husband 👬
  • BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    edited May 2020
    I can hardly agree TS4 is the perfect template so just stick with it. I mean look at it. You can't have but so many houses in an area, hello 1998. You can't have thousands of characters in the files without some horrible performance issues resulting in having to turn on a limit and culling as a welcome relief. You can't change the color of objects and or clothes or hair. You can't knock on the very next door neighbor's door without a loading screen. Apartments are actually also other 'neighborhoods' per floor so another loading screen. Terraforming is a joke. Can't remove backdrops and or move lots around on the map or add any lots... I could go on with the lack of trait slots, the lack of traits, the lack of personality and all Sims wish for the very same things...so just hide whims now by default....but I think saying it's the perfect template is a laugh and a half.

You don't need thousands of sims, How will you ever keep up with that? i definitely can't LOL even in TS2 i could only just keep up with all the families already in the game plus the ones i made myself why i'm just sticking to two Worlds now and i'm going to really play them to a proper conclusion. TS4 is done by Maxis now so it's more inspired by TS1 and 2 again that's the point and why there's less stuff it's not TS3 apart from the Tasks and little Challenges they added and a few other ideas taken from there they've gone back to a simpler format and i'm glad for it, it took me a good few days to get back into the spirit of TS1 again but after listening to the TS1 music i'm back feeling it again. I'm glad they put some challenge into Gardening and Fishing too because i liked doing that, i think TS4 is perfect for me and all the Tiny Homes too, i wish i lived in a Tiny Home it speaks to me in so much.

You can change the color of objects, wallpapers and floors i mean there's a small amount of Color Swatches or Wood Grains but you can change them just use the Eyedropper Tool, as for clothes they're keeping that to a minimum because it's like they grow out of the clothes they had on in the last Life Stage and you soon let them grow up once you've had fun with them in a Life Stage i really didn't use a lot of the clothes in TS2 so it's enough, you could always download some CC Clothes and Wallpapers if you want to there's like 8 packs of different colored Simple Wallpapers by Pralinesims on The Sims Resource that i'm probs going to put in the game too, we definitely do for Makeup, it's all about going back to a more minimalistic play now i feel. Also the sims were always more or less the same LOL definitely were in TS1 and 2 ahh... so many have forgotten but new players you wouldn't understand unless you managed to get TS2 working.

I'm used to loading screens too from TS2 we had them when we went to Community Lots and later on the option to visit the neighbors or Community Lots next door also a loading screen but i'm not bothered and i actually loved watching the boxes light up across the screen as i waited it was mesmerizing LOL such a simply but fun feature to have in a loading screen :) but no matter how the Loading Screen is it's fine, if you were around in the 1990s though we had lots of Loading Screens for games which took a minute. There's also a cheat where you can build Freely around the map you don't have to just use what's there and i would recommend bulldozing some of the Lots already built to free up the space for your own.
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I know a lot of people feel that a lot of the problems with the game come down to the engine, but there are so many things about the game that contradict that.

The endlessly ringing phone that you aren't allowed to turn off isn't because of engine limitations, it's a design choice.
    The obsessive water drinking isn't an engine limitation, it's a design choice.
    The playing with phones obsession isn't an engine limitation, it's a design choice.
    The incredibly bad townie wardrobe that the player has no control over isn't an engine limitation - it's a design choice.

The list of things like this are pretty much endless, and on another engine it will still be the same company with the same design philosophy and the same programming capabilities that we have been looking at for the past 6 years.

As long as EA is in business, that will never change.

Any game that is not The Sims will have characters that don't dress like townies do, don't drink water obsessively, don't annoy you with phone calls 1000x an hour, don't leave filthy leaf piles laying around for years on end, don't have pets that need to go for a walk every two seconds, roomies that don't throw trash everywhere, and generally don't behave like The Sims.

Because of this, any game that isn't The Sims is already better. EA is beating itself at its own game.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    I know a lot of people feel that a lot of the problems with the game come down to the engine, but there are so many things about the game that contradict that.

The endlessly ringing phone that you aren't allowed to turn off isn't because of engine limitations, it's a design choice.
    The obsessive water drinking isn't an engine limitation, it's a design choice.
    The playing with phones obsession isn't an engine limitation, it's a design choice.
    The incredibly bad townie wardrobe that the player has no control over isn't an engine limitation - it's a design choice.

The list of things like this are pretty much endless, and on another engine it will still be the same company with the same design philosophy and the same programming capabilities that we have been looking at for the past 6 years.

As long as EA is in business, that will never change.

Any game that is not The Sims will have characters that don't dress like townies do, don't drink water obsessively, don't annoy you with phone calls 1000x an hour, don't leave filthy leaf piles laying around for years on end, don't have pets that need to go for a walk every two seconds, roomies that don't throw trash everywhere, and generally don't behave like The Sims.

Because of this, any game that isn't The Sims is already better. EA is beating itself at its own game.

You make it sound like EVERY iteration in The Sim series is like this, but that isn't the case. TS1, TS2 and TS3 are really well made games, very well thought out. TS4 is the only aberration. We just want the devs to go back to the great quality that TS1, TS2 and TS3 had and make TS5 great.

I remember before 2013 when the old guard was in place at EA, they were pretty cut throat and closed down any studios that weren't doing well. As a result of that threat hanging over them, a lot of the game studios produced the best games EA ever had: Mass Effect, Dragon Age, TS1, TS2, TS3, The Saboteur, etc.

But then there was a change in leadership in 2013. Some devs were laid off, but game studios in general weren't being closed down anymore on threat of poor output. But what happened is that it produced a whole slew of badly made games: Anthem, TS4, the latest FIFA, Mass Effect: Andromeda, etc.

I don't want leadership to be fired, but I just want them to take a look at the games before their time that did so well and go back to making games that way.

• EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    The things I mentioned are issues with the current iteration only. I made no mention of past iterations, because it's what they are capable of NOW that is relevant to anything that happens with the franchise.

We have been begging them to get better, improve things, fix bugs, just make it a little less bad and painful to play. But we still get the same bad judgement revisited with pack upon pack, in ways that are pure design choice and not engine. It's gotten much worse, not much better, and that trend continues steadily.

If the game manages to run off most of the customers they have, then everybody gets fired.
    We have been begging them to stop shooting themselves in both feet for years now.
    They keep making the same choices.

When talking about any of their future projects or possibilities, what we can count on is what we know to be true of them.
    It's sad, but The Sims of days old are long gone - past capabilities have already been shown to be long gone as well.
    The Sims of today have very little to offer compared to what other companies can do.
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Sims 5 seems like a forgone conclusion at this point whether we like it or not. Maybe not this year or the next but I wouldn't be surprised to learn they've already been working on it for a while. It's been 6 years since S4 came out and yet I still continue to play with S2 and S3. Same thing there, it won't stop me playing with this game because there are good things in it (mostly thanks to free updates), even when it frustrates me.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2020

I don't think Maxis have any interest in "completing" the sims4. The fact that we got the firemen and the repoman now after 6 years pretty much shows that they are willing to drag this out as long as possible.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The things I mentioned are issues with the current iteration only. I made no mention of past iterations, because it's what they are capable of NOW that is relevant to anything that happens with the franchise.

We have been begging them to get better, improve things, fix bugs, just make it a little less bad and painful to play. But we still get the same bad judgement revisited with pack upon pack, in ways that are pure design choice and not engine. It's gotten much worse, not much better, and that trend continues steadily.

If the game manages to run off most of the customers they have, then everybody gets fired.
    We have been begging them to stop shooting themselves in both feet for years now.
    They keep making the same choices.

When talking about any of their future projects or possibilities, what we can count on is what we know to be true of them.
    It's sad, but The Sims of days old are long gone - past capabilities have already been shown to be long gone as well.
    The Sims of today have very little to offer compared to what other companies can do.

Some of those devs for TS4 are from TS3, so they ARE capable of making things better. I'm giving them one more chance with TS5. If they continue on making it a multiplayer game and it's just another horrible version of TS4, then I won't buy TS5 and never look back since now that we have Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game.

• Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    Dutchysim wrote: »

Understandable, but I don't think they will. They didn't do that for TS2 or TS3, either. OFB still has a broken outfit problem (bug in later EP) where if you choose the outfits or makeup for the employees to wear there may be a bug that causes their faces to revert to premaid, non makeup, etc. face. Not even the same Sim actually. Stairs after M&G will throw a warning can't place next to a wall...oh bother, I wish they would have fixed that one before moving on to TS3. It's so annoying! Either remove the walls and place the stairs or use moo and maybe cause a bug by wrong placement. It's so, so annoying. It might be you have to rely on mods once a game is done.

I know :(
    I loved sims 3, still do, but the bugs and lagging makes it almost unplayable for me.
    They should have given us a major bug fix update before going to sims 4. People payed for their product. It should function correctly.
    That's why I am doubting if I buy sims 5. I don't need another unfinished sims game and who says sims 5 will be any better?
    And only the thought that I have to wait another 4 years for a new seasons pack, makes me depressed.
  • OmairaOmaira Posts: 666 Member
    I agree with those of you who say that you don't want another unfinished game, nor do I, we already have enough stress as it is and you play (well, I do) to distract and relax myself and when the game causes more stress than needed then I get seriously annoyed.
    Someone mentioned the obsessive phone calls, that irritates me in the sims 3 too, (I still play sims 3 regularly) we should have control over that phone and also decide who to give your sim's number and when to change it, or al least be able to block some callers, like in real life.
    The "ask for a date" to my sim over the phone from complete strangers used to really get to me, and that is in sims 3, I don't know about sims 1 or 2, and yes that is a feature of the game and not a glitch.
    I have not experienced that with the sims 4, no phone dating just invitations to parties all the time.
    Still too many other irritants, they are constantly taking off to do what they really well please, cancel your commands and decide what to do, and I want to play with my sims, not the other way round. Far too much idle chatting, too many drinks of water etc etc. The game is a mess, really.
    I think that the water drinking hides a message that we, players, should drink more water, but those well meaning messages fall flat because of the other message: that one that shows that it is ok to leave toddlers and babies unattended, and sleeping on the floor, which is worse than stealing the candy they should not be eating in the first place! (sims 3)
    Now we have Sulani, it has a team of "Conservationists" that are only around so they can chat to your sim, cos they don't clean a thing! My sim has to do it, and I don't want to play "Clean the Island". Or finding estrange plants in Strangerville to sort out for the townies. I want meaningful play where I can make my own stories and not follow game rules, I wan to be given a stage (fully functional) where I can play, and seeing that this game is quite expensive, I have every right to expect it to work and NO, I should not have to install CC to be able to play it.
    I think they should create a story and let us take it from there and expand it, as with the stories from certain families which you feel you want to go and continue, change, modify etc.
    That is for me playing the sims, "not sort this", "clean that". And this seems to be the way this game has ended,.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Personally, I'm quite attached to the Sims 4, so I don't really want a new Sims game any time soon.

I've had the best experience playing the Sims 4, more so than any other iteration, so I completely understand those who would love to see fixes and improvements with the hopes that it would bring the Sims 4 to its full 'potential' if you will. Who knows whether that will happen, but it's nice to dream I guess.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.