Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @katrinasforest I hope that your quest for a literary agent is successful and contains a good dragon or two!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    @lilypadmeulin Answers to your questions are in the spoiler. :)
    1. Who's your favourite of the Charm kids? So far, it's a toss-up between Maranda and Rhea. I love how perceptive Rhea is, but Maranda may be psychic. It's so hard to pick!
    2. What are your predictions for the Gemma storyline? I'm not really sure yet. She seems like a very private person and we haven't seen very much of her. Maybe the rest of the family will run into her after the festival. Maybe she'll be picked as a sage.
    3. With regards to the Ember twins, what's your view of Ciara? Do you think she's misunderstood, or not? I think Ciara might be a bit more understood than she thinks. I can totally relate to her. It's so hard being that age. Rejection stings more, too. I think she's one determined little girl, though. I think she's going to turn that bitterness into something really awesome. Like, maybe she'll become a potions prodigy. Maybe she'll work her bottom off to get all the badges.
    4. If you had to pick someone to 'inherit' the magical responsibility, who would it be? Probably one of the Charm girls. I get the feeling that the women are the more magical ones in the family. Rhea, Maranda, or Gemma? Gemma is older. Rhea has some amazing intuition. Maranda is possibly psychic. It's so hard to pick!
    5. What's your view of Emilia? I think she's a really good mom who worries too much about, well, everything. She tries so hard to blend in, but she always feels like a fish out of water. She wasn't raised like a Charm, she doesn't look like a Charm, and I don't think she feels as good as a Charm. I know she's an awesome witch. I really hope she can find some inner peace!
  • Options
    @15aewar

I really enjoyed reading through your answers! It made me think that I need to focus on Ciara a little more before the twins (both sets) age up, given that I've introduced her as a character now.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2020
    @lilypadmeulin Here's my thoughts. :)

1. Who's your favourite of the Charm kids?
    I think Rhea is adorable. I especially loved the scene where she tried the pho and it was clearly too spicy for her but she covered it up with, "Not that I can't handle it!" (Actually, it's pretty impressive she can take spicy food at all. I know kids' taste buds can be extra sensitive.) I also like how insightful she is, even if her brother doesn't always notice.

2. What are your predictions for the Gemma storyline?
    Ooo, that's a tough one. I think she and Emilia are definitely going to have some kind of conflict. They already didn't like each other much, and Minerva only (pardon the potion-y pun) stirred the pot there. I think they might just challenge each other for control of the family.

3. With regards to the Ember twins, what's your view of Ciara? Do you think she's misunderstood, or not?
    I think the truth is somewhere in between. She probably views herself as helpful, but she seems a bit oblivious to others' feelings. (Like when she was talking to Chanel.)

4. If you had to pick someone to 'inherit' the magical responsibility, who would it be?
    I'd pick Gemma, for sure. It seems like she was really preparing herself to take on that responsibility, and she's obviously very dedicated. (Though the storyteller in me would be tempted to add a little twist in there and give it to someone unexpected...maybe one of the kids once they age into teens and skip a generation entirely.)

5. What's your view of Emilia?
    I think she's trying her best to navigate a complicated family situation. There's a lot of expectations for her, and Donovan is quite a ball of energy on top of it all.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    Oh, and thanks for the well wishes, @15aewar and @lilypadmeulin! I'll let you know if there's any progress. I'm pretty sure there will be no dragons. Fairies and vampires on the other hand, totally possible. ^_^
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest

I really enjoyed reading your response to this. There is, I can confirm, going to be conflict with Gemma...
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @lilypadmeulin Your story link isn't working for me :/ But I think it's on my end and not yours... I'm not sure.

Dark Angel Vin
    49898205116_133c11cfd2_z.jpg
    49897667658_11f8ffb27c_z.jpg
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin Sorry for the double post but I finally got the links to work (the issue was on my end.)

1.Who's your favourite of the Charm kids?
    Oof! This is a terrible question for someone who doesn't like kids in real life or in-game. No favorites, sorry.

2.What are your predictions for the Gemma storyline?
    I think Gemma will become head of the family and there will be a major blow-up between her and Emilia.

3.With regards to the Ember twins, what's your view of Ciara? Do you think she's misunderstood, or not?
    Ciara already has the makings of becoming a toxic b-word once she gets older. But that's just my take on her character.

4.If you had to pick someone to 'inherit' the magical responsibility, who would it be?
    I'm unsure at this point. I think it's too soon to tell.

She should have run fast and far away the minute Minerva started butting in, in my opinion. Massive red flag right there of future MIL issues.

• Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @katrinasforest Best wishes in finding an agent! :)

@lilypadmeulin Answers to your questions. :)

I would say Maranda, she seems really sweet. And she's kind of an underdog, I always cheer for the underdogs, lol. I'm also really interested to see how her gift progresses. I thought the last chapter with Santa was cute.

I'm not sure yet. It seems like there is some bad blood between her and Emilia, probably carried over from Minerva. I'm guessing there will be some sort of major falling out between the family, maybe a fight between Darrel or Emilia and Gemma. Or maybe Darrel takes his sister's side, and Emilia is left to fend for herself? I'm not sure, there are so many ways this could go.

3. With regards to the Ember twins, what's your view of Ciara? Do you think she's misunderstood, or not?
    I definitely feel like she's misunderstood. I think she feels like she is overlooked because she isn't a spellcaster like her sister, and she also seems very ambitious and wants to prove that she can make something of herself. I could see this going two ways, she could rise above her circumstances and make something of herself, or she could get a huge chip on her shoulder and become a very nasty person. I guess it all depends on how she handles things and what is thrown at her.

4. If you had to pick someone to 'inherit' the magical responsibility, who would it be?
    I would say Gemma. Even though we haven't seen much of her in the story, I feel like Minerva would want her to carry on her magic lineage. Plus, she's an adult so she has had time to practice her magic and understand the workings of the magic realm.

I feel bad for Emilia. I think she's a good mother, but she seems stressed with raising all her kids. It seems like Darrel is a bit unsympathetic of her (from the chapter when she learns she's pregnant again), and his family hates her just because she isn't fit in their eyes. She's in a really difficult situation. I think she's kind of stuck, but trying to make the best with what she's been given.
  • Options
    @15aewar you inspired me to try a challenge!

Re-shade isn't playing nice with my computer (or my computer is just getting old by computer standards), so my other two stories are sort of on hiatus. I was thinking of doing an ambrosia challenge. I have my sims created and even built this cute little starter home for my sims (one normal sim and a ghost). I want to try my hand at a sims-driven story instead of a plot-driven story. We'll see where it goes, lol.
    Bv6uZTKl.png
  • Options
    I started a new blog for my new story! I'm naming it Ambrosia and an Old Staircase. It will loosely be based on the ambrosia challenge and the mystery mansion challenge. I will probably break the rules, I'm terrible at following challenge rules, lol.
    rIEc6GVl.png
  • Options
    lone_cat wrote: »
    I started a new blog for my new story! I'm naming it Ambrosia and an Old Staircase. It will loosely be based on the ambrosia challenge and the mystery mansion challenge. I will probably break the rules, I'm terrible at following challenge rules, lol.
    rIEc6GVl.png

I can't wait! <3
  • Options
    I have Chapter 2 of Ambrosia and an Old Staircase. I need to get a discussion thread going for it, I'll probably get it up later today. The link is in the spoiler.
    K0RTuIwl.png
  • Options
    I took enough pictures for at least six chapters, so I'm sort of on a writing spree right now. Chapter 3: A Picture of Dorian Beauclair, is finished. The link is under the spoiler. I'm using spoilers to save some space.
    PqAb7X0l.png
    I also started a new thread here. Read at your own leisure, it's sort of a side project at this point. I will still be focusing on asking questions for Supernatural Misadventures. I should have a couple more chapters before it's my week again. :)
  • Options
    @lone_cat You sound super inspired! I love when that happens! (Both to me and to other authors, because it mean more awesome stories all around.) I'll look forward to reading what you come up with.

This week, we are chatting about @Firande's Xaos. Questions for us readers? There have been quite a few developments since the last time we chatted!
  • Options
    @katrinasforest I got a big inspiration boost out of nowhere. :) I've been screenshotting today, and editing, so in the next few days I should have updates for both my other stories. I really need to get a backlog of chapters, so I don't have to worry so much about getting behind in updates. And I need to get myself back onto an update schedule.

@Firande Oh wow, I'm way behind again, but I should be caught up in the next couple of days. I'm really happy that Tika and Cai made an appearance in the last two chapters that I read. Always fun to see what trouble Tika is getting into. :D
  • Options
    I have another update for Supernatural Misadventures. Hailey's clumsiness strikes big time in this chapter. And I included some townies as extras in my story.
    SL8kpnGl.png
  • Options
    I love Xaos! I'm only up to where Tika moves in with a friend, though.
  • Options
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey everyone. Thank you so, so much for your sweet and kind words about my story. I really do appreciate it so incredibly much. I'm really sorry for being so absent on here... I'm going through a difficult period irl and it's been beating me down a little bit.

@lilypadmeulin I am so sorry for not having answered your questions yet. Since it is my own turn this week that does give me time to catch up, so I really do want to promise that I will still get to them this week!
    You caught up so fast with mine! I'm so surprised, haha. Absolutely take your time! Don't feel pressured to read more than you want/can handle.

And everyone else, I really can't wait to get caught up with your stories! I'm going to try my absolute hardest! :blush:

My questions for you guys... let me think of those! I'm never good at thinking these up at all, hehe. :sweat_smile:

1. For those who are all caught up: any theories on what might happen at Emil and Maddie's wedding? Do you think James or Tori might show up, and how do you think they might proceed?
    2. Xaos is now at Chapter 62... and since I already have it all written out, I also already know that it will end at Chapter 85. Do you guys have any predictions for the ending yet? Like which characters do you think will/might make it all the way to the end and beyond? Do you have any predictions yet for how current storylines might end?
    3. Since Chapter 61, Angelico and Cai are back together again. How do you guys feel about their reunion?
    4. A more general question so everyone can answer LOL: I've asked this before, but which character have you guys been enjoying the most thus far? Who is your favorite and why? :blush:

Thanks so much in advance for answering and I promise I WILL get to yours too, Lily!! <3

@15aewar LOL, I love that picture already! Can't wait to read the newest chapters! <3

@lone_cat I've been so hooked on your story from the start and can't wait to get back to it, so depending on how many new chapters you've added, expect some spam from me soon! :scream::joy:

Also, just a fun lil' P.S., I have been playing in the Magic Realm ever since that pack came out in what was it, October? And I literally only just now found out about these Gardens and how pretty they are, LOL!
    2EcpyP0.png
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    1. For those who are all caught up: any theories on what might happen at Emil and Maddie's wedding? Do you think James or Tori might show up, and how do you think they might proceed?
    I definitely think Tori will be showing up. Wasn't that her and Angelico's plan all along? Part of me hopes that they'll get hitched without a hitch.
    2. Xaos is now at Chapter 62... and since I already have it all written out, I also already know that it will end at Chapter 85. Do you guys have any predictions for the ending yet? Like which characters do you think will/might make it all the way to the end and beyond? Do you have any predictions yet for how current storylines might end?
    My biggest question is how you manage to do that. 85 already planned chapters? That's amazing! I only have one chapter planned right now...and it's an interlude.
    3. A more general question so everyone can answer LOL: I've asked this before, but which character have you guys been enjoying the most thus far? Who is your favorite and why? :blush:
    Right now I really like Emil and Maddie. They seem like genuinely nice people.
  • Options
    @Firande Don't worry about being behind in my story, I get behind in stories all the time. I like for a few chapters to pile up, then I can do a binge session of reading. I have six chapters in my second story at this point, and I'm planning a chapter for next week.

It will be epic! I'm thinking they both will show up, and then huge drama will ensue. I'm expecting a huge vampire brawl, there will be Lilith, Cai, and Ang there (this worries me because I don't want anything to happen to Cai/Ang, lol) and I have a feeling Tika will show up, just for some added drama. Maybe he actually redeems himself in the end, maybe he tries to protect his family and ends up getting killed by Tori, but this is just my take on it. He may just pull a Tika move and save himself or maybe he doesn't show up at all.

I'm sad it is coming to a close, but I'm sure the ending will be awesome.
    I think Fenne and Lawson will probably break up, I just feel like there are too many differences for them to overcome at this point. :'( I want Cai/Ang to make it until the end, but I could also see this turning into a tragic love story, where one risks his neck for the other (it would probably be Ang he seems to have no regard for his own life sometimes, lol). I think Maddie and Emil will make it until the end and get married, though I think their wedding will be full of drama. They seem to be the most stable of everyone. I'm not sure what will happen to James and Tori, I think this might be the end of the road for Tori. I'm hoping James stands up to Tori, but other than that I don't know what's in store for him.
    And the Sulani storyline, Laka seems to be getting angrier about people destroying Sulani, so maybe he does end up joining Poema.

Question 3.
    3. Since Chapter 61, Angelico and Cai are back together again. How do you guys feel about their reunion?
    I've been cheering for Cai/Ang since the beginning. I loved their reunion, it was perfect for them. It was so drama-filled and over-the-top, and Tika just standing there being all confused, like wait... you guys were just fighting two seconds ago, now you're making out. :D I could totally see these two lasting until the end (I hope they do).

4. A more general question so everyone can answer LOL: I've asked this before, but which character have you guys been enjoying the most thus far? Who is your favorite and why? :blush:
    Well now Cai and Ang are back together, I'd say them, I especially loved the Selvadorada chapter with Ang. I like that they are a good example of opposites attracting. Cai is really chill and laid back and Ang lets his emotions get the best of him (to the point he almost dies and then Cai has to save the day!) But they also really do care about each other, even if they show their love in different ways. And Tika has grown on me, I just like seeing how much of a mess he can make and how he seems to get into verbal arguments with everyone, even people that are trying to help him. And Maddie and Emil are adorable. It's hard for me to choose just one, the beauty of this story is that there are so many different viewpoints and personalities. I love stories with large casts of characters.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @Firande

1. Hmm...I'm wondering if Tori and James are actually going to make an appearance right after the wedding when everyone's guard is down. I can't imagine they don't make some kind of move. I don't think they'll manage to do anything behind Lilith's back, though.

2. I'm optimistic that a lot of the main cast will make it to the end--Tika, Cai, Angelico, probably Lilith and Nancy, too. (I guess Nancy isn't really a main character per se, but she's a Landgrabb, and she's been in the story here and there almost the whole time.) Also, I'm pretty sure that any child characters are safe. I'm not feeling nearly so positive about James and Tori, though. I have a feeling their luck is running out soon. I'm not sure how the storylines themselves are going to end, though like @lone_cat said, I'm sure there will be a lot of drama.
    (And probably some vampire showdowns.)

3. Gotta still give it to Tika. Just the way he's always so hopelessly oblivious to the fact that he's his own worst enemy. There's so much stuff that would have gone better for him if he could have swallowed his pride, but in the end, he's a classic tragic character, and I love him for it. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Sorry, I've been MIA, I was sick with a stomach bug. I'm feeling a little better now, though :)
    @Firande Answers to your questions :)

1. I think Tori and James will appear after the wedding if not outright attack. Lilith's strong, but I'm not sure she can handle being double-teamed by a pair who are as powerful and determined as they are. Just my two cents.

2. Most of the cast will make it to the end, but I think Tori and James' days are numbered. I'm sure lots of drama will ensue.

3. Tika... he's own worst enemy, and he's too stubborn and blind to see it. A lot of things would've turned out better for him if he'd just swallowed his pride and asked for help (and yeah, asking for help can be hard) he would've saved himself and his loved ones a lot of pain and suffering.

@katrinasforest @Firande @lone_cat @15aewar @lilypadmeulin
    49926606808_d7624cb811_z.jpg
    His Queen, Her King Pt. 2 Pose Pack here
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm hoping you're all having good weeks. Once again sorry for my being kind of absent, I'm working a lot in these times and I'm finally getting to meet with some of my friends at least a little yet so I've been making use of that, haha. :blush:

First and foremost, my answers to @lilypadmeulin's questions as promised! <3

I really like Rhea! I think she's cute and she has a lot of potential... I'd love to see how she ages and develops. :blush:

I see some definite drama between them in the future. Things between her and Emilia seem to be a bit wonky right now so I could see there being some kind of competition / rivalry between them in the future when they both go their own paths and these paths clash - which I can definitely see happening. Maybe Gemma will grasp at some more dark magic and get lost in there...

I do think she is. I mean, it's clear that she struggles with her own non-spellcaster state and I could see that continuing to control her life in the future, and causing a rift not only between her and these other spellcasters she may start feeling more and more envy of, but also between her and her parents as well as pretty much her and everyone else until there's a wedge between her and the world. I think she's got a pretty tough life ahead because of her not being able to come to terms with who (and what) she is. But I hope I'm wrong and I hope she does manage to pick her life up. <3

Oh, man... I find that really difficult to say. I think I agree with @lone_cat. In my own story it's Gemma who is Minerva's heir and so I am like wholly incapable of seeing it other way than it being Gemma who is the set heir here and who may also have the most magical abilities. Though I'm not sure if she'd be the right pick for these responsibilities, as I think she might get lost in them. But I do think she's the set heir here, basically.

I like her! I think she's a good person and she is a good mom, too. I do think she's very afflicted by things and she is letting her thoughts and worries kind of control her life to some extent, but man... I can't fault her for that. I do hope she manages to find more of a sense of peace as the story progresses, though.

@15aewar @katrinasforest @nyterose @lone_cat Thank you guys so much for your responses to my questions! You're the best. <3

@15aewar The reason I have it all typed out and basically ready to go is because I played all of this a long while ago, like I'm about at least half a year further in my game than I am with this story. Also, I share all of my updates with this one friend on Discord so I already write it all out when I send it to her, then I just save it for when I can upload it to my blog. I was writing these stories for way longer than I've had this blog for because I initially totally didn't mean to even start a blog, haha. :blush:
    I'm glad you like Emil and Maddie! They will continue to play a role for quite some time, these two!

@lone_cat I love your predictions for the wedding! And I'll say you're pretty spot-on too, haha. :smirk: Your predictions for the story's ending are also really, really good I'll say.. you're good at predicting, haha! I am glad you enjoy Cai/Ang so much... I do too. They're by far my longest-standing couple in any Sims game ever and I cherish them both a lot, even if they don't appear THAT much because they just tend to be that chill that I can't really get much of a storyline uniquely for these two anymore, haha.
    And thank you for the absolutely amazing words about the characters! That really makes me so happy to read. <3 You really get them so well,too, which I'm totally impressed by considering how many there are. I know a lot of them are pretty darn flawed and I know that isn't everyone's cuppa tea, so it means a lot that you like them nevertheless. :blush:

@katrinasforest As for the wedding, I'll say that you're totally on the right track there... :smirk: And you are too for the ending. At the risky of sounding spoiler-y, I will say that I'm an absolute wussy when it comes to killing off characters I love but I will also say that I used to be absolutely ruthless in my stories. In my written stories, I'd have some where literally none of the main characters survived to the end, and back in my TS2 days I have killed off child Sims before when I ran out of storylines to play. :joy:
    I will also say that I'm not a great fan of the deaths-for-shock-factor, not anymore (as you can read I used to be a big fan of that strategy), so that does allow some level of safety for my characters. But then again, I did create a wheel for all my characters and spun it to kill off whoever it would land on, LOL.
    And I'm so glad you like Tika! I have to admit, he's just so darn fun to write for and to play... these flawed characters are just the best to play for me. :joy:

@nyterose That's alright! I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, but glad to hear you're doing a little better. Hope you're feeling all a-OK again soon! <3

I'm so glad you like Tika too! You're very right about him. He should really just accept the help of those who still want to help him before he loses them all... which he's already on that track.

I will continue to catch up with y'all's stories and can't wait to answer the questions of whoever's story is next! <3
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png