Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can I put in my own Dorm mates?

I have only recently bought Discover University and I haven’t played any uni students yet.
What I would like to know is, can I use my own gallery Sims as room/dorm mates to live with my active Sim in University housing (though not necessarily control them)?
Ideally I’d love to be able to pick their majors and then leave them to it.

Comments

• JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited May 2020
    I don’t think you can since technically the dorms are not really “your own” home. You can remove sims from the lot (at least with MCCC) but the dorms will generate different students that may or may not be your gallery sims. And all sims in the dorms have to be enrolled in the university as well, which the game automatically does when it generates a sim in the dorm.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    Thanks @JC1979

Bumping this thread in case someone can provide more info. At this stage I might be interested in adding them as either active or inactive characters.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    edited May 2020
    I was able to house two of my actively played sims from two different households in the same dorm. I played on rotation and had both sims apply for university. Once they both got their admission letters, I enrolled the first sim then immediately switched to the second sim in another household to enroll. In theory, you should be able to do the same for more sims , but I haven't tried doing this beyond the two I am currently playing. If you play them just enough to enroll in the same university it might just work?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    There's still no guarantee but

Step 1 - play as sim and have them enroll in University
    Step 2 - Make sim homeless - in a household with just the sim and not moved in anywhere
    Step 3 - Use MCCC to flag them as always homeless. otherwise Mccc may move them into a house before they show up as roommates.

Little Miss Sam has a "choose my rooomates" mod that you may want to look into.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I not sure if it’s possible normally, since i had to use a mod to move in a few sims of mine
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think the only way is to make each individual sim, enroll them in university and move them to a dorm and then just repeat that until the dorm is full but that's a long process and I'm not even sure if it would worl. Best thing to do is to just edit all your dorm roommates in CAS, that's what I did to make it more realistic