Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

this might be silly but....

why don't cats and dogs and animals roam around in other worlds?

Comments

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    It would be quite annoying if they were everywhere. I would feel bad for them and want to adopt everyone. :D
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Because it would take too much work to have them function as they do in the earlier versions. For that matter, the only way I see any critters other than seagulls in B Bay is if a sim lives there. Send a sim in to visit, and nothing to be seen. Even for residents, the only animals I see are the birds and cats. Not a dog anywhere unless on the end of a leash with its owner out for a walk. For a game supposedly about cats & dogs, they really went low-ball on that one.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Because it would take too much work to have them function as they do in the earlier versions. For that matter, the only way I see any critters other than seagulls in B Bay is if a sim lives there. Send a sim in to visit, and nothing to be seen. Even for residents, the only animals I see are the birds and cats. Not a dog anywhere unless on the end of a leash with its owner out for a walk. For a game supposedly about cats & dogs, they really went low-ball on that one.

I mean they did say it was a choice so that players don't have to see strays everywhere. Which I wouldn't mind but I could see it getting annoying.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I am so glad that they don’t.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends if they are TS2 type strays that just wander around, or TS1 type strays that stop and do their business on your lawn whether they are annoying or not.

Still, if a pack is supposed to be about cats & dogs, then both should be present, at least in the advertised world, and not solely for residents. Still comes across as half-baked.
  • Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I don't think I would want strays running around in all worlds, by default. IRL, in my hometown we had a huge problem with strays for years so I wouldn't want to relive that in the game. Plus, pets in game are always sick, especially strays.
    You can sort of get around it and put the specific lot traits on lots in other worlds so pets will show up. I think that is a better approach since it is the player's choice.
    I would have liked to see NPCs walk their pets outside Brindleton Bay, though.
  • Options
    SmushySmushy Posts: 5 New Member
    It is an option to use a lot trait that allows strays to wander around your household. But sadly, you cannot have people walking with their pets on any residential lot or vet clinic.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I really didn't like the strays and household pets in Sims 2 roaming around .. I had to get mods to get rid of them or at times I would completely leave out the pet pack when I had to reinstall the game. I was super glad that strays were basically confined to BB and yes you can have those lot traits if you want more cats or dogs to show up. I sometimes put out the lot trait when I'm looking for a pet to adopt.
    So yeah I do believe it was for player choice and management. Although I don't use BB as often as other worlds because of the strays and it's a really beautiful world and you can always plop your sims down in that world to get your fill of strays.
    Also now a days people don't let their household pets roam free as much in reality... it's just not done. I rarely let them roam free in the sims either unless they have a trait where I feel I should send them out and we have the option to call them back.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Depends if they are TS2 type strays that just wander around, or TS1 type strays that stop and do their business on your lawn whether they are annoying or not.

Still, if a pack is supposed to be about cats & dogs, then both should be present, at least in the advertised world, and not solely for residents. Still comes across as half-baked.

I'm guessing S4 type strays that are already in Brindletown, I think OP is just wondering why they aren't in everyworld instead ofjust BB.

MYself I'm glad they aren't. Almost any time a cat/dog arrives on scene in my game the game glitches out so I rarely play in Brindletown. (This is without mods/cc and I've repaired the game) Even does it in manage worlds... cats and dogs don't have heads and are all streaky. Not all the time but a lot of it, and in game the game freezes and lags. COmputer is approrpiate for the game (gaming computer, specs checked) drivers updated, repaired, etc. doesn't fix it. I'm not that interested in pets anyways so I don't worry about it haha. I love animals in real life but in the Sims, not so much.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    I think it's for the best that they don't do that. They are sick way too often unless you use mods.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I see both when on vacation. Also, if I move in a new spellcaster, a cat will usually show up within a day or two. I wouldn't mind them comming around if they wern't always so pitifully sick. I always have my sims keep wellness treats in their inventory just in case.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I want strays and dog walkers in other worlds. I don’t see why this isn’t at least an option in the settings to enable strays and dog walkers in other worlds.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I've seen a dog or two come in the bar at Waterside Warble; nothing recently though.
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    In my game, they do. Rarely, yes, but still they do.I'm more concerned with why toddlers are basically always grounded, but this is off topic. Even ghost animals appear for me.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I want strays and dog walkers in other worlds. I don’t see why this isn’t at least an option in the settings to enable strays and dog walkers in other worlds.

Thats what im saying like why not people have pets in other worlds not just strays like people should actually have pets
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    There is always the option of giving random families pets, so you'd see those walking around. I see the Delgato dog quite often, like in San Myshuno when I visit festivals.

I spend very little time in Brindleton Bay, and one reason is the strays (another reason is the climate). They are always sick and completely filthy. I don't want to see it. There are stray dogs and cats in Selvadorada, so not just in BB.
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think it's for the best that they don't do that. They are sick way too often unless you use mods.

I agree. My Sims are going bankrupt just for vet visits, It's made me not want to add pets to families.
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I've had my sims just go buy a bunch of wellness treats to hand out, because I do want to see dogs roam in some places (I do use the appropriate lot trait for that). But yeah, they're always sick. Some are not even stray, just neglected.
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    ej_4_sims wrote: »
    why don't cats and dogs and animals roam around in other worlds?

Are you sure they can't? You might add a cat or dog friendly trait to some community lot and see, what happens. I might look into the question in a few hours.