Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Happy Haunts For Halloween, Please.

EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
edited May 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
It would be neat and appropriate for Halloween if we had for an expansion pack "Happy Haunts" at Halloween time. It has so much potential, so many fun ideas. Werewolves, werevamps, spirit boards and sceance tables. Even working as a Psychic freelancer sounds cool. And many people would love to work for the Grim Reaper. I would love for this post to be considered by the EA Gurus and made into an expansion pack.

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I second this with zombies included. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    There could be a family similar to the Addams family, only poor and living in a trailer home, with both parents being unemployed and very little cash. The daughter would be a rebel in her family with a mutual crush on a Frankenstein like sim the family doesn't approve of, and a son obsessed with skeletons and graveyards.And the Frankenstein like sim would be able to talk. And you could decide in game whether to help the family thrive or not.
    edited May 2020
    And there can be a neighborhood with three different sections like in Evergreen Harbor, but different. There could be a section for rich Sims, a section for middle class Sims and a section for poor Sims like most of the neighborhoods in "The Sims 4". And Sims who are rich and Sims who are middle class and poor Sims will be able to interact with each other.

The poor neighborhood will have trailer parks as homes, and the middle class neighborhood will have condominiums as homes and the rich will live in mansions with white picket fences.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    Psychic freelancer
    I always wanted a Psychic career in Sims 4, but this idea is better than anything I've been hoping for. I'd freaking love to open up an psychic reading/medium-ing business from home. I dabbled as an online psychic for a while too, and I'm pretty sure e-readings could easily be done, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm dying for the ghostbuster career. And zombies.

And the spirit board, but it'd be really important to get slumber parties with that one. Alternatively, the could set up candles, draw on the floor with chalk, hold hands and chant. Demon-summoning rituals are a rite of passage for all girls.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes Please! I really want my Werewolves, Gypsies & Ghostbusters.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    edited May 2020
    I would love to have Happy Haunts as a future pack!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    j1z1 wrote: »

And the spirit board, but it'd be really important to get slumber parties with that one. Alternatively, the could set up candles, draw on the floor with chalk, hold hands and chant. Demon-summoning rituals are a rite of passage for all girls.

YES!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

This was what i was expecting in Real of Magic. I haven't bought that pack because i don't like the colorfull harry potter vibe of it. I want darkness!
  • j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    telmarina wrote: »

This was what i was expecting in Real of Magic. I haven't bought that pack because i don't like the colorfull harry potter vibe of it. I want darkness!

That's what I was expecting too. Some fun rituals, a little darker (could still be silly). I love Harry Potter but I love the detail of it, which the pack didn't really bring. Some 90's style witches would have fit the game better, I feel. Hopefully Happy Haunts could add that vibe!
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love to see something like this, but don’t hold out hope for a Halloween release this year. The gurus have said a full expansion can take up to 18 months to build. So unless they started working on something like this already it would be next Halloween at the soonest before we could get it.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't want anything related to halloween or happy haunts in my game, but I hope that you get it, and I kinda think you will. Just a heads up though, I'm pretty sure it takes much longer to create a pack. It'd probably be Halloween 2021, not 2020 for release.
    edited May 2020
    I don't want anything related to halloween or happy haunts in my game, but I hope that you get it, and I kinda think you will. Just a heads up though, I'm pretty sure it takes much longer to create a pack. It'd probably be Halloween 2021, not 2020 for release.
    I would love to see something like this, but don’t hold out hope for a Halloween release this year. The gurus have said a full expansion can take up to 18 months to build. So unless they started working on something like this already it would be next Halloween at the soonest before we could get it.

Thanks for the heads up, Pamtastic and SimAlexandria about "Happy Haunts" maybe being a pack next Halloween, not this Halloween. I still want werewolves, werevamps, spirit boards and sceance tables as well as working as a Psychic freelancer to be available for "The Sims 4: Happy Haunts" if it becomes an pack. I also still want the option to work for the Grim Reaper available for "The Sims 4: Happy Haunts" as well as a neighborhood with three different sections like in Evergreen Harbor, but with three sections If "Happy Haunts" becomes a pack. A section for rich Sims, a section for middle class Sims and a section for poor Sims like most of the neighborhoods in "The Sims 4". I also want for "The Sims 4: Happy Haunts" poor neighborhood will have trailer parks as homes, and the middle class neighborhood will have condominiums as homes and the rich will live in mansions with white picket fences.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Including graveyards. All sims need a final resting place. It's asinine that a graveyard lot hasn't been implemented in 6 years.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    YES!!!! I WOULD KILL FOR HAPPY HAUNTS!!!

(not literally, I'd probably just drown a sim :p)
    funny-gifs20.gif

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    REAP SIMS! REAP SIMS! REAP SIMS!
    kaylin205 wrote: »
    Including graveyards. All sims need a final resting place. It's asinine that a graveyard lot hasn't been implemented in 6 years.

Yes, graveyards should be made too. You have a good point, Kaylin.
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    Realistically, Halloween 2021 - But, YES PLEASE!! To ALL of the above!!

My only additional request, also something desperately needed for Vampires, to please include an option to turn OFF each occult. All occults with one button would really stink for game play, because maybe someone wants just witches in a particular save, or only vampires and werewolves, so I would really love to see it as an each occult type gets their own on/off box. But so many Simmers also have their "realistic" saves where we would like to have no occults, but still have the worlds/CAS/BB of those packs. - We can turn off aging, Seasons... when Eco Lifestyle is released, the eco state, we need controls over our beloved occults. 🤞🤞

That being said,
    giphy.gif

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍sounds like a dream
    telmarina wrote: »

Yea I was really disappointed in ROM. I don't use it much. The way they went about it was just not to my taste. And if we do get happy haunts the world MUST be creepy. 👻
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    MsShaSha wrote: »

My only additional request, also something desperately needed for Vampires, to please include an option to turn OFF each occult. All occults with one button would really stink for game play, because maybe someone wants just witches in a particular save, or only vampires and werewolves, so I would really love to see it as an each occult type gets their own on/off box. But so many Simmers also have their "realistic" saves where we would like to have no occults, but still have the worlds/CAS/BB of those packs. - We can turn off aging, Seasons... when Eco Lifestyle is released, the eco state, we need controls over our beloved occults. 🤞🤞

That being said,
    giphy.gif

Yes, haha! Vampires is the one pack I don't own as I don't want vampires in my game at all, however there's some really cool builds using some of the architecture stuff in vampires, it's great for castles and stuff, and a couple cas things I like too. I'd probably buy on sale if I could just turn the vampires themselves off, but unless they add a toggle then I'm not buying at all. Sure, EA might not care about one person's money on sale when they are a huge corporation, but surely I'm not the only one and they just might sell quite a few more packs if things like vampires, aliens and celebrities just had a simple toggle off button. Maybe they can't do it for past packs now (though I'm not convinced) but future ones at least would be great and it seems like maybe they are moving in that direction now :)
    edited May 2020
    MsShaSha wrote: »

That being said,
    giphy.gif

That's a good idea, options to turn off each of the occults for those who don't want vampires, aliens, mermaids and werewolves as well as werevamps as an option. Thanks for the responses so far, everyone! It's great to hear the feedback from everyone so far! Please feel free to continue this thread by discussing the potential "Happy Haunts" pack that maybe will happen and your thoughts about having a "Happy Haunts" pack.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    With Mediums, New Ghosts & Werewolf Curses.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I would also love for some version of Happy Haunts, whether it be a game pack or expansion pack to come. I love spooky, scary stuff. Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I would love an entire EP dedicated to Happy Haunts. With toggles for those who’d like the BB and CAS but not the occult gameplay.
    I’d rather for them to give us the option to switch the occults off, than the entire occult gameplay getting nerfed. That’s unfair business. When it’s a game like Sims that’s trying to cater to folks with so many different play styles, more gameplay options is always better.

Alas, if anything, Happy Haunts should at least be a GP. Although I did vote for the concept, I was glad that it wasn’t chosen as a Stuff pack, because it would have offered very little compared to what it potentially could be.
    After JtB I doubt that we’re getting another niche pack at around Halloween, but we’ll see. Perhaps the upcoming EP is a winter/holiday pack with a mountainous area where a psychic matchmaking fortuneteller lives...