Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Are My Sims Acting Shocked

2...Next

Comments

• ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Ruffinshot wrote: »
    Had this happening only since the 01Dec16 patch.

Two sims in an apartment, no neighbors. Traits are romantic/music/creative and romantic/glutton/self-assured.

Both are members of the same 'club' (the only members, all the perks and 59k points to spend). It doesn't matter if the club is active and happened after I made the club 'obscure'.

I do have some CC clothes, but outfits vary and the behavior doesn't.

Neither are aliens.

They're waking up two to five times a night and interrupting meals repeatedly to "See what's happening" at each other. And it's each other they're showing in their thought balloons when they do this. It happens occasionally when they're doing other things, often when they're eating, and constantly when they're sleeping.

This only started with the new patch.

If you have a bubble blower on your lot, Sims using it can cause other Sims nearby to react to it.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The new patch has a lot to answer for. I actually feel kind of sorry for it. :'(
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    They obviously saw a ghost.

Had to bring politics into this forum?

How is that politics, there are actualy ghosts in the sims 4. Seriously, when you sim dies they become a ghost.
    To answer the title: they can't believe the effects of the new patch?
  • RuffinshotRuffinshot Posts: 24 Member

If you have a bubble blower on your lot, Sims using it can cause other Sims nearby to react to it.

Bubble blower in the inventory, but I've never brought it out to use it.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Ruffinshot wrote: »

Bubble blower in the inventory, but I've never brought it out to use it.

I would try removing it and see if the shocked reactions continue.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • IdareUshayIdareUshay Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes, there was a bug recently where other sims would be shocked or appalled by your sim, that has since been fixed I believe. If you still see this happen in your game it could be because of two reasons:

1. Your sim is wearing CC that is marked as nude. The only way to fix as far as I know is to find out which CC it is using Sims 4 Studio and uncheck "Nude" (don't forget to save it). Voila!

2. Your sims are wearing leggings from the accessories... you technically aren't wearing pants.

Or you know the bug is still present.
    I found this on the internet a while ago;

"99 little bugs in the code,
    99 little bugs in the code,
    take one down and patch it around
    117 little bugs in the code."
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    will this ever get fixed? it's ruining my restaraunt.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • SlothlyBriSlothlyBri Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims "see what's happening" with their toddler alot and gasp and think about the child icon... i don't know why they keep doing it. Like, the toddler could be eating and they do this shocked/disappointed action and then the thought bubble with the child icon appears (the one that shows in the simology tab as a purple dude bouncing a ball to indicate the sim is of child age).